Triple Twist Makeup & Hair Design

(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had Mei do hair and makeup for our wedding October 2014. Mei did hair and makeup for myself and two bridesmaids, while Marcela did hair and makeup for two bridesmaids and hair-only for two more, as we wanted an early start on pictures before the ceremony. Even though it was a tight schedule, they did a great job with everyone's hair and makeup and stayed on schedule. I was SO SO happy with my hair and makeup. I didn't want the makeup to look heavy, yet I wanted it to look good in the pictures. I also don't usually wear a lot of makeup so I didn't want to look too made up. Mei listened to what I wanted and she did it perfectly! I LOVED my hair and makeup and all of the bridesmaids looked amazing!!

Communication with Robert was easy and they were really flexible when it came to timing for my trial, as well of the wedding day schedule. I loved that after the trial they sent the pictures in both black and white and color from all different angles. It was definitely worth the extra cost to do the trial. Mei also understood what changes I wanted from the trial hair and executed them perfectly on the day of! Robert and Mei showed up promptly the morning of the wedding with their whole setup and once they were set up in our hotel suite, Mei and Marcela got to work. My hair and makeup lasted ALL day (basically from 10am till past midnight!) and didn't even have to be re-pinned/fixed up after taking some windy pictures at the Palace of Fine Arts and Baker Beach. Both my hair and makeup lasted through the hours of dancing later in the night! Mei, Robert and Marcela were nothing but professional, knowledgeable and amazing from start to finish! I would highly recommend Triple Twist!!!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mei was incredible. She (and her husband/manager, Robert) showed up at 7:15 in our hotel room and promptly set up her portable makeup mirror and lights. Way before the day of our wedding, I had an itemized timetable of the day and knew what to expect because we completed a virtual hair/makeup trial. Mei and I worked together to choose a look that was perfect for my semi-vintage wedding, and she executed it perfectly. I looked like myself, but a natural, 1920's pin-up version of myself. She even stayed extra time so that our photographer could get some of those "getting ready" shots. Such a kind and talented woman! I would recommend Mei to any bride. Thank you so much! -Hannah

• Wedding: 03/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mei and Robert are delightful ! The entire process was seamless and they were a great start to a wonderful day !!! My makeup and hair were amazing and more than I could have imagined.

• Wedding: 02/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I decided to elope at SF City Hall, and her husband, Robert, was very responsive and flexible with our last minute decision. Mei was awesome!!! I was aiming for natural and classic, and that's exactly what I got! My make up was flawless and my hair was perfect. She made me feel and my twin sister feel very comfortable throughout the process. Mei is very warm, funny and had great recommendations. I wish her and her family the best and I highly recommend her!!!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
1 Review
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mei did an amazing job on my hair and make-up. I brought a picture of the hair style that I'd like to try to my trial with Mei. She's so talented. She immediately got it and made a little twist and made me the hair style that's exactly what I was looking for. She also did an awesome job on my make-up that looked very natural and lasted for the whole night. She's also very honest and stayed true to her opinion but at the same time, did her best to make me feel comfortable to make my own choice. I would highly recommend her.

• Wedding: 10/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After going through several makeup trials, I was finally lucky enough to find Triple Twist! From the makeup trials, finalization of the contract through the wedding, Robert and Mei set the standard for customer service. And for the makeup? The best makeup job I've ever had done - this is coming from someone who has been in 10+ weddings!

- Hannah

• Wedding: 10/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mei and Robert are a phenomenal team. Mei made me look very beautiful and natural. Her makeup also lasts all night! I originally thought of hiring her for extra hours of touch-up, but she said that her look will last and that i would not need to pay her extra $ just to sit around. Its refreshing to hear such honesty. I can't say enough about her hair and makeup skills. She is super talented! Robert Manages the whole operation. He is very skilled, efficient, and funny.

I also had Mei and her assistant do the bridesmaids hair as well. One of my bridesmaids had her hair done by the assistant and was not feeling the end result. When Mei was done with me, she went back to my bridesmaid and fixed my bridesmaids hair to ensure everyone was happy. Now, thats top notch service! I would highly recommend her!

Thanks Mei and Robert for such a fantastic job!!!!

• Wedding: 08/19/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mei did hair and make-up for my bridal party and me and did a great job. My make up looked natural, felt light and gave the "me, only better" look I was aiming for. I had a hard time deciding on my hairstyle, scheduling a second trial after deciding I wanted something a little different than what we had done in my first trial, and ultimately tweaking it again on the day of my wedding. Mei and her assistant did a great job with my bridal party as well. They arrived at our hotel on time and we were ready to go as planned. My make-up lasted the entire day and night (over 12 hours!), and my loose curls were perfect for our ceremony and photos, though they did straighten quite a bit by the end of the reception. Mei and her husband, Robert, who answered all my emails and handled the business side of things, were a pleasure to work with. Their prices initially seemed quite high to me, but were comparable to other top wedding hair and make-up professionals in the Bay Area. Overall, I was very happy with my experience.

• Wedding: 08/11/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mei and Robert are a truly amazing team. Robert impressed me first when he called me back, literally, a minute after I left a message inquiring about hair and makeup for my wedding. He was so efficient during the whole process. When I met Mei to discuss my wedding look during the trial, she was patient, honest, creative and completely detail oriented. I knew I had chosen the right person for the job.

On the day of my wedding, Mei worked her magic and I have never felt more beautiful! My wedding look was absolutely perfect and lasted all night. I would highly recommend Triple Twist to all future brides!

• Wedding: 07/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mei and Robert were so wonderful on my wedding day! Mei did an amazing job on my hair and make up! Thanks again for making me look do fabulous! :-)

• Wedding: 07/20/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Mei did a fabulous job with helping the wedding party reach the vision each woman had for her hair, and each style was unique and complimented each woman nicely. Bridal make-up was amazing and I got a lot of compliments on it! :)

• Wedding: 07/16/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you Mei and Robert for a wonderful experience!

I was in need of a hair dresser for my wedding day. I have short hair and was worried about my hair and getting married in San Francisco. had read a lot of review for Triple Twist and decided on a consultation.

Mei was wonderful and helpful and so so sweet and kind! She took my concerns and made me feel beautiful. I booked immediately.

On my wedding day, they came to my hotel and made me look more like me! It was a wonderful day and my hair and make-up lasted all day! The wind couldn't ruin my hair or my day!

I highly recommend Triple Twist!

• Wedding: 05/25/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I commissioned Triple Twist for my daughter's wedding party. Five women and a Flower Girl - all very different. What fun and what beautiful results. When finished, each and every one felt like a true princess.

Besides the beautiful results, dealing with Triple Twist was a delightful experience. Robert, the business manager, is a true professional and just flowed easily with every change we threw his way. Mei, the principal stylist is amazing!! Their price is more than fair - especially in our case, dealing with personalities, changes, the five women and a flower girl - all in a very short (early!) period of time. Professionals to a fault.

It just couldn't be any better than Triple Twist. They literally put the icing on my daughter's perfect day. PJ

• Wedding: 02/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my hair and makeup trial with Mei for my February wedding. For someone who is extremely picky about my hair and makeup and somewhat a perfectionist, I was in total awe with Mei's work! She did exactly what I was envisioning for my wedding day. Every concerned I had was acknowledged and when I would hesitate to answer a question if I liked something or not, Mei would reassure to be honest and that she is there to make me look how I want and for me to feel beautiful.
Her studio was also beautiful and spotless. Her husband Robert was extremely prompt and wonderful with returning emails and phone calls. After Mei was done with my hair and makeup, Robert instantly turned her studio into a photo shoot space and took professional pictures from all angles so us brides can get an idea of how we will look in our wedding pictures. I received the pictures within a couple of hours of leaving the studio and I loved them! I would defiantly recommend Triple Twist for any occasion in which you are looking to get your hair and makeup done!

• Wedding: 02/03/2012
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I engaged Triple Twist Make up and Hair services before making my way to SFO for my pre-wedding photoshoot from Singapore. The make up I had was natural and long lasting throughout the whole outdoor shoot. I am impressed with the whole set up in my room before my make up session and Mei was good at analysing how I want my hair to be done. She gave me suggestions to ensure I can achieve the 2nd hairdo that I like on my own when I am halfway through the shoot. Thank you Mei and Robert!

• Wedding: 12/29/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

(This is the same review I posted on Yelp, so apologies if you've already read that one.)

Hiring Triple Twist was one of the best decisions I made during the wedding planning process. As all brides-to-be know, having so many choices and decisions to make can be overwhelming. I remember being so confused by all the different hair/makeup artists out there. I did a lot of research and eventually went with Mei because of her stellar reviews and the before-and-after pictures on her website. I could tell that her style was exactly what I was looking for - elegant and natural.

Her work is amazing. My hair was perfect and stayed in place all day even though it got rainy and windy in the evening. The makeup was like magic! I am so pleased with how the pictures turned out.

Robert (her office manager) was great to work with and was flexible and understanding with scheduling and other changes I requested. Mei herself is very sweet and really listens to what her clients want.

I can't thank them enough for their services. If you're a bride and looking for hair/makeup, you can stop right now. Choose Triple Twist.

• Wedding: 11/05/2011
888-865-6960
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards