Traditions at the Glen

Traditions at the Glen

Where Old Traditions Continue and New Ones Begin!

4101 Watson Boulevard

Flexibility:
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything about my wedding was beautiful. The staff at Traditions made my day perfect!

• Wedding: 10/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner at Traditions in the Spalding Dining Room for about 38 people. Of course, we knew that it would be beautiful because we have been here many times before. A nice little surprise - they provided centerpieces for each table that were very pretty. The food was AMAZING. The staff was very accommodating and did a wonderful job for our event! Highly recommend!

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Traditions made planning my wedding as easy as it possibly could be and took so much stress out of the planning process. They were absolutely fabulous from the tiniest details to the big events of the day! Caitlin Garber was amazing at responding quickly to all of my questions and did a wonderful job taking the stress off me (the bride).

• Flexibility: 5.0

We are so glad we decided to get married at Traditions at the Glen. We were initially looking at venues in the Finger Lakes, but we wanted a venue with a hotel on site as so many of our guests were from out of town. It turned out to be the best decision. It was so great having our guests and bridal party close by. We used Traditions Spa for the girls hair and makeup while all of the groomsmen and the groom went golfing. We didn't have to worry about a shuttle. But really in retrospect the best part of Traditions was the service. They were so organized and responsive during the planning process, I was absolutely carefree when my wedding day arrived and I was able to thoroughly enjoy the whole experience. I worked with both the coordinator Bridget and the banquet manager Joe, and they had the entire event running seamlessly. The food was delicious, everything looked great, they were so pleasant to interact with, I honestly can't think of a negative thing to say.

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
Lara
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone that was involved with our wedding went beyond our expectations. In our opinion, you can not go wrong choosing Traditions as your wedding venue!! From pre-planning to check-out...everything was absolutely amazing!!

• Wedding: 05/23/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Christine
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was absolutely blown away with everything traditions did for us. I worked with Bridget who was phenomenal to work with. She worked with my schedule, answered countless emails with all of my big and small questions. They threw in so many things "complementary" ... They provided me with a wedding coordinator so the ceremony went smoothly. They were extremely professional and our wedding day was flawless. Even the little things made our day that much more perfect- they took all of our gifts to our suite so we didn't have to worry about them, they collected all of the items for the reception that I brought in myself & had them ready for my family to pick up the next day... They literally did ALL of the work and provided us with a completely stress free day for me and my family!

My only suggestions- we were told the tents had heaters so weather cold weather wouldn't be an issue... The heaters did help, but didn't heat to room temperature. Guests had a few complaints of being cold & my chocolate fountain wouldn't flow in the cold. But over all no big deal!

Still worth every penny we paid to have our wedding and reception there.

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Traditions not only has a beautiful location and offers much to staying guests but also provided a unique, special vibe at out wedding. The staff all did a wonderful job in making sure that all guests were taken care of, from (golf) varying elderly from the wedding ceremony spot to the reception hall to specifically designing meals due to eating restrictions.

I have since returned for other events and am welcomed as if I am family. Traditions is truly a one of a kind space filled with many caring, loving and professional people.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Traditions staff were wonderful to work with from start to finish. Bridget was extremely knowledgeable, answering all of our questions (and we had a lot of them) throughout our year-long planning process and she really made us feel like we were a priority. Joe was there the weekend of, and went above and beyond to make sure the details unfolded as planned and that we felt comfortable with the entire process. It worked out perfectly to have out of town guests stay right on site in their beautiful guest rooms adorned with lots of historic charm. We even had a Friday evening cocktail reception and Sunday brunch on site, in addition to the Saturday wedding. The staff were professional and friendly and took extra measures to make sure we had everything we needed throughout the weekend. We are glad we chose Traditions and the Glen and would absolutely recommend them to friends and family who are looking for a wedding venue in the future!

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
Morgan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Best place to have a wedding in the Binghamton area. Everyone there is so easy to work with and there ballroom is gorgeous. So happy with our choice of venue.

• Wedding: 10/11/2013
Kristen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Traditions at the Glen did a incredible job. We are so happy with how everything turned out. I recommend the venue to anyone!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Traditions is fabulous. Paul and the rest of Traditions staff helped me throughout the entire process. I also had my shower there and was very happy with everything. The venue has excellent food, ambiance and great places for pictures around the site. The added bonus are the hotel rooms so your guests can stay in the same place as the reception. I hurt my back really bad 2 weeks before my wedding and Paul even made house calls to make it easier for me. You can't ask for better treatment and service than that!

• Wedding: 08/18/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our experience at Traditions was fabulous!! Everything was perfect for my daughters wedding in June. The ceremony was held on the front lawn in front of the fountain with rolling hills as the back drop. The bridal suite is beautiful, the balcony overlooked the front lawn so my daughter watched as the guests arrived. We also used the spa to have the bridal party's make-up done, as well as a delicious lunch that was served in one of the relaxation rooms. Our out of town guest also enjoyed their stay as your beautiful hotel.
We LOVED everything about Traditions!

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
Lori
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughters Wedding was held here on Memorial Weekend 2013. The weather was not so great but the Traditions staff where very accomodating in every way possible. We had the rehersal dinner on Friday night then the Ceremony on Saturday with a cocktail hour and then reception on Saturday night. Then finished with the Sunday Brunch for all the wedding guest & participants that stayed at the Hotel. Everyone loved it. Was worth every penny spent. We also used the Spa on Saturday for make-up & hair and had a private party room with plenty of food and drink. The quys even golfed on Saturday morning while the women prepped. The Hotel rooms were all very spacious & clean & comfortable. Loved it!!!!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I had my wedding recepton at Traditions about a month ago and we're still talking about how Traditons was the best choice for our wedding- their professionalism and expertise, the gorgeous ballroom, hotel on site, delicious food, and their willingness to go the extra mile to ensure that your event is perfect.
Bridget was awesome to work with-she is so patient, calm, professional, sensitive, and knowledgeable. She answered many questions via phone and e-mail and really adopted the attitude of "no question is stupid" (you never know until you ask!). My parents really enjoyed working with Paul when it came to the last minute details. He was extremely accomodating to us.
It could not have been more perfect to have the hotel right there (with a free breakfast too!). The hotel feels more like a home anyway, so it was the perfect place to have the bridal party spend the night (they enjoyed the bar on site too!) and have everyone get ready in. Traditions is so gorgeous-there are so many places to take beautiful photos! We never had to budget time on our wedding day to drive somewhere else just for a pretty backdrop.
Our reception truly was like a dream. In the winter months, they hire a professional designer to dress up the ballroom and the rest of the hotel main areas. This year, white chiffon lined the walls and ceiling with sparkly Christmas lights underneath! Traditions recently bought a black and white tile dance floor which added amazing flair! People are still talking about how good the food was. And they really dressed up the cocktail hour space without any direction from us. They don't overlook any detail.
My only issue with Traditions is that we were not willing to have an open bar for all of our guests.Our family has had a few alcohol-related tragedies and while they were sensitive to our situation throughout the planning process (& cut the per-head cost), they still were unwilling to give us that Saturday. We had to do a Friday instead.

• Wedding: 12/28/2012
Jillian
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough incredible things about Traditions. They are known as one of (if not THE) best venues in our area and they absolutely stand up to that reputation. We had number of cultural traditions that we wanted to include in the reception and Bridget was so excited to help us find a way to execute everything. Let me tell you- Bridget is a life saver. She is so quick to respond to the silliest questions, she has great recommendations and has an incredible ability to calm your nerves. Joe was there to supervise the night and did such a wonderful job keeping us on rack with our timeline. I know he had a blast! The food was delicious and all of our guests said how much they enjoyed their meals. I know that the reason our wedding was such a success was because of the heart and hard work that each team members puts in.

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where do I start? Traditions at the Glen is a beautiful place to get married, but that's not why I gave them 5 stars. If you work with Paul, he's great. He can and WILL help you with anything. He was easy going AND easy to get ahold of. Before the wedding, the salon at Traditions did a beautiful job with the hair and makeup. My veil was actually left at the bridal shop and they just so happened to be closed that day. Before I could start whining and crying, the employees were on the phone with their manager (who just so happened to be at a bridal show with the lady from the bridal shop) asking her if she could let the bridal shop's employee know what had happened. I got my veil! I couldn't have done it without their help. During the ceremony staff members tell everyone in the wedding party what to do and when to do it. The ceremony and the reception were all in the same place, making it easier for everyone. The food was DELICIOUS. All the employees there were professional and kind. Traditions give a suite with a balcony for the night, all complimentary. All in all, GREAT place for weddings.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
607-797-2381
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards