Tiana Simpson Photography

Value
Flexibility
Kris
05/31/2014

Absolutely PHENOMENAL. Tiana was recommended by a friend and she did a great shot of capturing my wedding. She has a great eye and is at the same time very discreet. Most of the time I didn't even know where she was when shooting my groom and I -- which gave us some fabulous real life shots. That's not to say she didn't do an amazing job on our posed shots -- they were also outstanding. She definitely captured the spirit and vibe of the celebration in her photography and with over 200 guests, I felt like no one was missed. Can't endorse her enough!

Services Used: Photography

Tiana Simpson Photography did a very amazing and professional job with my wedding. Tiana listened to my needs and went above and beyond what I asked and expected. The photographs are wonderful. She was excellent working with my large family and small children.

The quality and presentations of the products I bought from her were phenomenal. When I had problems, Tiana was quick to help and willing to meet with me to make sure I got exactly what I wanted!

Becky
06/21/2013

Tiana did a wonderful job photographing our wedding! From beginning to end she made our day extra special. Our pictures turned out beautifully! She truly went the extra mile and provided an excellent experience.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

My husband and I found Tiana by searching for a photographer online. She set up an appointment so we could meet and talk about all our questions. Tiana was very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. She was patient while we asked several questions about her services and the process. Tiana's prices were very reasonable and we were able to purchase a package that included a beautiful custom made album as well as a CD of all the images from our wedding day. Our wedding was at the Key Bridge Marriott in Arlington. Tiana called us a couple weeks before the wedding to touch base and go over details for the big day. On the wedding day, she worked really efficiently and kept a low profile. She did a great job of getting all the shots we wanted quickly so that we had time to go take pictures offsite and still be back by the end of our cocktail hour. Two weeks after our wedding, when we had just returned from our honeymoon, Tiana had our pictures posted on her website for us to view! It was great to be able to see the pictures so soon after the wedding. Then she worked with us to design a wedding album, which turned out beautiful. We are very happy that we picked Tiana! Our pictures were great, and she was very reliable and easy to work with.

J
06/21/2012

In addition to taking fabulous photos, Tiana is wonderful to work with. My only problem was narrowing down the pictures I liked to only 30-40 for the wedding album! In addition to my wedding photos, she took family portraits for my parent's 50th anniversary. Although she was juggling more than 50 people, Tiana managed to make everyone smile - even the babies were happy. My siblings are still talking about how easy she was to work with, and how she took the best family pictures they've ever had. I would highly recommend Tiana to anyone for any occasion.

Scott
04/28/2012

Tiana is a dream to work with. Very pleasant and certainly knows her stuff. You can tell when she captures great shots because she starts snikering. Her vast experience ensures fantastic blend of color, lighting and contrast to capture the expression as well as the event. I highly recommend her for any event!!

christian
04/07/2012

Tiana was fantastic. She was quick and efficient without being bossy or annoying. She is a lot of fun to work with and has a fantastic eye. She was great at putting us at ease and making the entire shoot enjoyable. we used her for both our engagement and wedding pictures and is does the best job of photography I have seen.

Services Used: Photography

Tiana was fun to work with and so nice. She was good to have the wedding. She was very patient with a very non-photogenic bride and groom, and turned out some really beautiful photos.

Services Used: Photography

Tiana took absoulutely beautiful pictures. Didn't see her much but then she was busy taking pictures all the time! And when there was a slight problem with the wedding album-she took care of it asap! All my guests could not stop saying nice things about her. A very pleasent experience!

Services Used: Photography

Absolutely fantastic!!! Tiana was able to capture every single special moment on our wedding day, and the pictures turned out perfect. A good mix of traditional, modern, and artistic--just what we were looking for. Highly recommend.

Services Used: Photography

She is very easy to work with and listens to what you are looking for and delivers AMAZING pictures!!! She is worth it!!!

Services Used: Photography

We couldn't have been happier with Tiana's work photographing our wedding day. She has a gift with capturing light, nature, and the feeling of a place. Tiana has an eye for the most flattering angles, perspectives, and compositions. She was flexible with our wedding day schedule, working efficiently during the formal posed shots and mingling seamlessly at the reception for all the candids. She is just the right mix of the independent artist and a collaborative, cooperative customer service provider. She's confident but not bossy; creative but totally in touch with the unique feel of the wedding and the participants. I didn't have to worry during my reception that she would be taking the shots I wanted; I just knew she understood what we wanted and would take care of it, and I could relax and enjoy myself.

Our album turned out beautifully; she really managed to capture how lovely and perfect that day felt while we were living it. We now have an artistic and enduring record of one of our happiest days--we are so glad that we chose to have someone so professional, accommodating, talented, and thoughtful to photograph our wedding.

Services Used: Photography

I stumbled over an advertisement for Tiana Simpson Photography online and emailed her on a whim. How grateful I am that I did! From the very beginning she was wonderful, upfont about services and prices, and very accommodating. As an out-of-town bride unfamiliar with D.C., she helped me find a place to meet her and discuss her photography style and the packages she offered. Her prices are so reasonable and are less than what you'd usually be charged by a photographer in the D.C. area. Plus, you get so much for what you pay! She was the last in a long line of photographers that I interviewed but was well worth the wait.

On the day of, Tiana was a jewel. Shel helped me and my husband through all the ins and outs--from first glance to the get away. She has a friendly and warm personality that makes it easy to relax and take beautiful, natural photos. This was a huge deal for me since I usually get camera shy. She worked so well with my VERY large family (including small children). The whole night I heard wonderful things about her from all my family.

It was only a few weeks before our pictures were ready to be viewed and ordered. The photography was exquisite...like all of her work (You can see her blog for proof) and truly captured the joy and loving emotion of our day. Her online posting and ordering service was so convenient for my entire family to look at all the photos and buy the ones they wanted. Also, I was so pleased at the number of pictures she took and edited. Some photographers won't go above a certain number, but not Tiana. I felt like I had access to every usable photo she took...and she took a ton! My favorite part of working with Tiana was our wedding album. It is truly a keepsake and a work of art. Tiana created a first draft and emailed us a pdf file of it. Then she worked with us through the long (because I'm indecisive) process of switching photos and layouts. She offered opinions about cover materials and provided swatches and up- close photos. The final product was carefully shipped to us and included a sweet note and a little gift. A gift of all things! Essentially, there wasn't a single thing more she could have done that she didn't. She helped make our wedding day wonderful and we now have the most beautiful photos to remember it by. Thank you, Tiana, for a job exceptionally well done.
~Allyson Klenk
Oh, and I almost forgot to add that she offers packages that include a CD of all of the images in FULL RESOLUTION. This was so important to me. Now I own all of the photos and can print them whenever and wherever I like!

Services Used: Photography

Tiana was Very helpful. She was an ease to work with and was great at directing my huge family of 30+! She called me a week before the big day and we went all of my "Must have shots". I loved that! It made me feel confident in her and that just meant one least thing for me to worry about!

Services Used: Photography

I haven't seen the final pictures yet, but Tiana is fantastic to work with and does absolutely gorgeous work. A gifted eye for detail, very artistic portrait shots, plenty of candids. She's not cheap, but it's worth it for your wedding pictures. She touches up every photo and custom makes your album. Highly recommended.