The Woodlands at Algonkian

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We chose The Woodlands at Algonkian for our October 11, 2014 wedding based on the price point and our tour of the site--the outdoor ceremony area is lovely, but they also have a backup plan in place for inclement weather, which was important to us. We ended up needing to use the reception space for our ceremony due to rain, and the ceremony was beautiful. Anna and her team were a pleasure to work with, and Anna was always very quick to respond to our emails. The option to rent onsite cottages (they are not guaranteed to be available for the wedding party, but we chose to rent those that were available) was also great. We highly recommend this venue site!

Luke
09/28/2014

Anne is very helpful, calm, personable, and accommodating. Email seems to be the best form of communication and she responds very quickly and professionally to your emails. She's very knowledgeable and helpful in helping you or providing suggestions to make the planning process as easy and stress free as possible all the way up to the last day before the wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow this place is beautiful! I everything went smoothly and was perfect. In the weeks leading up to the ceremony, my emails and calls were always met with a day-of response. Even on the day when I walked in and changed a few details, they were right on it. My day of coordinator was professional and took control after our pictures went over time. She completely changed the schedule to make it fit and everything ran perfectly smoothly! Do not be afraid to use the in house caterer either. All of the food was delicious and we got so many complements!

Private User
1+ year ago

The Woodlands was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

(This was only our Reception venue - we had our ceremony elsewhere.)

Our experience at Algonkian was fantastic. Anna Cote took great care of us from the start, and there were numerous small details that they took care of for us with no extra charge, such as providing table card holders.

The service was professional and thorough, and I highly recommend it to anyone considering this venue.

The only issue we experienced was not really their fault, which was that the main room is a little crowded with 24 tables! (We had a guest list just under 200) They told us this ahead of time, so we were prepared for that and it didn't detract a lot from the experience.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Anna was a pleasure to work with. She made the planning very easy as was there to help out the morning and day off which was so great. This is a beautiful venue. I am from Colorado and wanted a mountain feel, or as much as I could get in the DC area. This was it!

Private User
1+ year ago

The venue was perfect for my daughter's wedding. Anna was very helpful and supportive. We got the whole day at the venue which made easy for setting up and taking pictures.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I'm so glad I found this venue. It was beautiful already and had so much potential for a bride to make it her own. Anna and Serena were great to work with and did everything to accommodate us. They even gave us a place to store all our things the night before which was SO helpful as it gets so busy during wedding weekend! My husband and I love this place and definitely recommend it!

The only suggestion I would make is that they get new chairs for the outdoor ceremony, the ones they had were okay but kind of outdated and old.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

The Woodlands helped make our wedding day perfect! We highly recommend it to other couples looking for a special place to get married. The park was beautiful and our guests loved staying at the nearby cottages.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's wedding reception was held at The Woodlands at Algonkian on November 17th and I highly recommend this facility for any special occasion. The coordinator, Anna Cote, was extremely friendly, helpful and professional. From start to finish, she made sure the facility was ready for the big day and everything ran so smoothly - not an easy task with 140 guests. We heard so many compliments from our guests about our choice of venue. The stonework was very impressive and we especially loved the mirrored glass by the dance floor. Even as we look at wedding photos, you can see so much more because of the reflections in the mirrors. Our DJ even said the acoustics were perfect for the music. We looked at several other venues before choosing The Woodlands and we absolutely made the right decision!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

So glad my mom found this place! I'll admit that I was skeptical at first (the only part of the park I had seen was the Volcano Island Waterpark) but as soon as I saw it I was blown away. It's tucked away in the park just off the golf course on a beautifully wooded lot close to the Potomac river. The inside is newly renovated and absolutely beautiful! Stone floors in the entrance, big stone fire place in the banquet room, a beautiful dance floor with windows that turn to mirrors at night time (which is great for photos) and the staff is wonderful! Anna helped answer our many questions and was incredibly responsive, accommodating, and friendly. I would highly recommend this venue! The price is reasonable and worth every penny!

Laurel
10/13/2012

When considering what we were looking for in terms of our budget, the experience we hoped to have, and the look and feel we were trying to acheive--The Woodlands at Algonkian Regional Park was perfect. By staying in the cabins, we were able to see our friends and family more and really enjoy the entire weekend. A wedding is always chaotic, but having almost everyone in one place took some of the stress out of the day and they did a great job of taking care of our guests and working with us. I was exceptionally pleased with the way the wedding turned out and the service we got--Thank you everyone!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Elizabeth
09/07/2012

Anna Cote and her team at Algonkian were so helpful and accommodating and made our day easy! We had issues orginally with the on-site caterers regarding the bar set-up so we were very worried. But, the 2 bartenender were awesome and also the gentleman who set-up the bar, so our worries subsided. The hall was beautiful and our friends and family from the area had no idea this existed and now have put this on their list of places to hold events. My family enjoyed staying at the cabins on the park grounds as well. They were clean and nicely updated. We are looking forward to renting the cabins again. Thank you for making our event beautiful and memorable.

Joshua
09/02/2012

We had a fabulous wedding ceremony at Algonkian Regional Park. Everyone at the Park was extremely friendly and helpful. Anna was extraordinarily patient and accommodating as we tried to make a last-minute decision about whether to hold our wedding ceremony indoors or outdoors given the weather forecasts. In the end, we decided to hold it indoors and it was beautiful. I would encourage anyone who is looking for a wedding venue with great indoor and outdoor options to look at Algonkian.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful Venue! It was exactly what we were looking for when we found it. It has a beautiful rustic feel to it but was still very classy. The park manager was great to work with. He was so accommodating with everything we needed and wanted. A little on the pricey side-- but their preferred caterer gave us a great deal so it all evened out. Would recommend!! A little bit hidden but really looking forward to all the pictures we took by the Potomac. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just had my wedding there and it was FABULOUS. The site is gorgeous with the stonework in the lobby and the main reception area, no decorations necessary. It looks as nice as a country club, with much less cost. Lawan, the event coordinator there was great to work with. She was always so willing to help and answer any questions, and did a walk through with us twice before the wedding to discuss details and logistics and planned the layout. She also was very accommodating when I had some very sudden last minute changes. Everything went off without a hitch, and her ability to coordinate and organize was definitely a big help with vendors. You must use the caterer provided through the regional park, but Blue Heron was great as well (Everyone told me that it was the best appetizers and dishes they had ever had at a wedding).