The Waterview

The Waterview

Elegant Waterfront Venue for your One Perfect Day

215 Roosevelt Drive (Route 34)
Monroe, CT 06468 | map
(4.7 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Staff was attentive, friendly and professional. Food was delicious and portions were great. They did a beautiful job with the cake and even reused the ceremony flowers for the tables. The venetian table and coffee and cordial bar was a huge hit! Everything went smoothly, looked great and our guests all raved about the venue. Staff even carried our things out to the car at the end of the night. It was a great day

• Wedding: 10/19/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Waterview was a huge part of my dream wedding. The entire staff was amazing from beginning to end and the room was absolutely elegant.

• Wedding: 10/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I recently got married on September 26th of this year. My husband and I had our ceremony at the church I grew up in located in Trumbull, CT and our reception was held at the Waterview in Monroe, CT. The Waterview is absolutely beautiful, which was one of the main reasons that we chose it for our reception venue. They offer wedding packages, which includes items that normally you would need to provide yourself or have outsourced at other reception venues. In my opinion, for what the Waterview provides, they are very reasonably priced as well. Our wedding package included our choice of six butler passed Hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour, a five hour open bar service inclusive of premium brand liquor, selected white and red wines, domestic and imported beer, and sparkling beverages, bottles of a red and white wine on each guest table, lavish displays of cheeses, seasonal fruits and dips, a four course sit down dinner or you could opt for a buffet option instead, a multi-tiered wedding cake with dozens of options to customize it to your liking, a champagne toast, table linens and napkins in dozens of color options, a personal wedding event coordinator, a private bridal suite staffed with two bridal attendants and refreshments, seating cards, directional cards, table numbers, centerpieces of hurricanes and votive candles, if desired. Our event coordinator was extremely professional, responsive and very flexible to all of our wedding needs. She made it easy for us to feel less stressed and taken care of. The Waterview's food and wedding cake was exceptional and it was the best food I have ever had at any wedding thus far (and trust me, I have been too dozens of weddings and I am also not being biased just because this was my wedding!). I would HIGHLY recommend the Waterview for anyone getting married in the CT area!!

• Wedding: 09/26/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hubby and I can't say enough good things about The Waterview. First, April McBride was so kind as to work with us on our very tight budget. She gave us an amazing deal and because of her we were able to have our dream wedding on the water. They give you one price per person that includes a comprehensive package which makes wedding planning so much easier! It includes customized, decorated delicious wedding cake made on premise, Event Coordinator for planning in the days and months before the wedding AND managing everything on the day, bridal attendants waiting on you and taking care of you the day of, top shelf open bar, linens, and three course delicious plated meal! We just couldn't believe everything that we got for once price! We had Colin Melita as our Event Coordinator and he was so awesome! So relaxed and calm which helped put us at ease. Both him and April always responded to my one million emails very quickly! He also went above and beyond at the wedding, coming to the rescue with ointment and painkillers when hubby was suddenly stung by a bee, packing up all our stuff for us including ceramic wrap to safely preserve our sand ceremony sand, re-doing our table name frames so that they looked more elegant than when I brought them to him feeling all frazzled and stressed. Colin was so wonderful and we were really glad that he was our Coordinator. He offered to put our food in the warmer when he noticed we were too busy to eat and brought it back out when we were finally able to sit and eat. It was such a pleasure having our wedding there. The food and wedding cake was absolutely delicious. The grounds were beautiful and perfect. And the day-of coordination was spectacular - walkie talkies to coordinate, someone to fluff your dress for you as you walk down the aisle, champagne and food for us and the bridal party. We HIGHLY recommend The Waterview! If they don't have your date available, change your date! Then ask for April McBride and Colin Melita!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was married at The Waterview in 2004 when it was first built and then returned 10 years later to celebrate my 10 year Anniversary there. It was still Beautiful and Perfect! The staff was Amazing! I had some pretty intricate details that I wanted done. I walked in and all my ideas were done to Perfection. The coordinators were attentive and kind. My guest described it as the best night they've ever had! I was and am so happy with how my evening went!

• Wedding: 08/29/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wonderful venue, staff, location, food. Everything was top notch. Would highly recommend for any event.

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing, amazing, amazing!!!! I would love to get married again just to be at the Waterview... I highly recommend this place.

• Wedding: Recently Married
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Waterview was an excellent venue! The service was fantastic at all times. They accommodated our rehearsal starting pretty late as we waited for out of town participants to arrive and catered to every whim of my bridal party the whole wedding day. I truly felt taken care of by my bridal attendants until the very last minute. One even helped me change out of my shoes and in to sandals at the end of the reception. I didn't have to worry about anything regarding the venue all day long.

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I had our reception at The Waterview this past June and our experience was tremendous. The entire staff, especially our event coordinator, Colin Melita were fantastic and on their game throughout the whole event. Not only did Colin and the staff keep us calm and ensure the day went without any issues, they were so organized throughout the planning process.

The location is amazing. It is impossible to be disappointed about that. The food was very good. We've heard so many incredible compliments about the food, specifically the Prime Rib, Grilled Swordfish and Chicken Normandy.

I can go on and on about the venue and service and everything I say will be absolutely positive. I don't have one negative. As stressful as the wedding planning process can be, one thing you should feel completely confident in is choosing the Waterview. Requesting Colin as your event planner would be a smart decision as well.

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
Sean
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

THE BEST VENUE EVER! We chose to have a day wedding at the Waterview, on the East Side. I'd never even been to a wedding here before, but the view spoke for itself. I knew my nautical theme wedding would be perfect here! Colin was the best coordinator ever. There was nothing left forgotten, every single detail I told him was completed without any hiccups. Not to mention, him greeting our limo with champagne was the perfect touch! The food was AMAZING and our bridal attendants were amazing partners to have (they even helped me with my bustle)! I cannot say enough, the venue was perfect, and the food was amazing. People were seriously almost licking their plates. The cake was done to my exact liking, you would think I paid an outside baker to design it! The layout of the event was spread-out enough so guests were not sitting on top of one another. The downstairs patio was the perfect spot for cocktail hours on a gorgeous day overlooking the lake. I wish I could re-live the day we had and the service we experienced. We were taken such GREAT care of, everyone was so attentive to us and our guests. SUPERB!!! THANK YOU COLIN!!!!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Waterview was an amazing venue for our wedding on June 14, 2014. Our coordinator was Kat Urcioli and she was fantastic. She was always responsive, flexible, and helpful. She never made us feel like we weren't a priority even when I was reaching out to her months before our actual wedding date. The grounds are breathtaking- I can't wait to see how our photos turned out. I would recommend the Waterview to anyone looking to get married in CT.

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Waterview was the most amazing venue for my recent wedding! All of the staff members were so well organized and truly show that they care about their clients. The Event Coordinators do such an amazing job of taking care of you on your special day without invading your space. Mine, Colin, made sure my husband & I were eating, drinking and enjoying our time throughout the whole duration of our wedding. I would highly recommend The Waterview for a wedding venue!

• Wedding: 05/18/2014
Kristyn
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just got married here in April of 2014, Kathleen was my wedding coordinator. I have to say, I was pretty difficult and extremely picky, I kept saying to my fiancé that they are going to need a vacation after dealing with me. Leading up to my wedding Kathleen was very attentive, answered all my emails/phone calls and questions and worked with me on getting exactly what I wanted. On my wedding day Kathleen made it all run smoothly and to be honest, I cannot give her enough credit. I was really nervous because as with EVERYTHING there were some negative reviews about the Waterview but I have to say, there was tons of delicious food (they didn't skimp and the food was cooked perfectly), the venue was clean and looked beautiful with all my decorations. I would truly recommend getting married here. They really do help you customize your wedding! Oh and the best part, I asked Kathleen if we could have a signature drink and she created one that was so good I had them all night long! This venue is great if you really want a customized, detailed, well run venue. BTW their candy buffet and sundae bar are so worth the extra $$, mine was awesome!!!!! Also request Kathleen she is the best coordinator!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough positive things about Kat and the Waterview. Professional, accommodating, responsive, amazing food, beautiful setting and just an overall wonderful experience. They were so responsive to my emails and questions, I brought custom items/accents and put most out as they should - my friends and family can't stop raving about the food. They even accommodated our special drink list. Our dinner they did a special medley for us as well. All of our vendors were comfortable with them. It was amazing!!

• Wedding: 04/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have my wedding Oct 6th at the Waterview and I had the most amazing night of my life. They not only did what I asked for but exceeded my expectations by adding décor and such to my wedding. My coordinator Jon was amazing and so helpful through the whole process. I have heard nothing but amazing reviews from my wedding, thank you again Waterview!

• Wedding: 10/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing food and staff! Always helpful and available and gorgeous facility!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
203-261-0915
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7