The Waterview

4.7
Flexibility
Jen
07/25/2015

Unfortunately, Weddingwire will not allow me to post my entire review (too long) but you can find my entire review on The Waterview's facebook page. Honestly, I cannot rave enough about our experience. The staff was friendly and attentive. The venue and grounds were stunning. The food was delicious. Everyone kept telling us how amazing everything was - from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to dinner and to the end of the night when they served hamburgers and fries (recommended!) Our wedding coordinator, Sue, was incredible. I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing she was. She did everything she could to make sure we enjoyed our day. Their package is fantastic (open bar, cake, table numbers, items to use for centerpieces, etc included in price). Honestly, our wedding was the fairy tale I hoped it would be and we owe it to Sue and the amazing staff at the Waterview.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

I cannot say enough good things about The Waterview and all of the staff. We fell in love with this venue the very first time we saw it. From the first day the staff was helpful, kind, informative, professional.... We knew right away that we wanted to celebrate our wedding in this beautiful place. Sue was our coordinator and she was so wonderful to work with throughout the whole wedding process. She was quick to answer any questions we had and was so accommodating to our needs and requests. The night of the wedding was perfect--everything went so smoothly. There was not one moment throughout the entire night that we needed something and there wasn't someone a few feet away. The two attendants we had were right there the whole evening asking us what we needed and checking in on us. Sue was there the entire time also making sure everything was going smoothly and that we had everything we needed.
If you're looking for a professional and breathtaking venue with amazing views, look no further than The Waterview. We had a fantastic experience with them and have not one negative thing to say about it. (Family that we had from Spain couldn't stop raving about how beautiful everything was)!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot even begin to describe how perfect our wedding reception was at The Waterview!! It was everything we wanted and more! The staff was absolutely amazing and went out of their way to make sure that we had everything we needed!! I always had so many questions, but our wedding coordinator Kathleen was always incredibly helpful! Our guests raved about the food and the atmosphere. And I could not have imagined a more beautiful wedding cake! Also, the sundae bar was spectacular!

Christine
06/06/2015

Awesome amazing venue very friendly and accompanying venue can't wait to get married there !!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Waterview was the perfect place for our wedding. After considering many venues in the southern CT area, there is no doubt that it is a great value for the service you receive. I felt taken care of by our wedding coordinator, Kat, our day of bridal attendants, and everyone else I interacted with from start to finish. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. Everyone was very helpful. The facility is also beautiful and the food was quite good. The Waterview is a great choice especially if you're looking for a more all-inclusive wedding venue experience.

Dan
05/24/2015

The Waterview was amazing. The staff was so outgoing, helpful, and polite. They made it so we could relax and enjoy a great day and they took care of everything. They are truly first class.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Rachel
05/24/2015

The Waterview did an amazing job with our 240-guest wedding from beginning to end. They impressed us right off the bat when they let us try appetizers on our first visit to the Waterview. After looking around the gorgeous grounds, we were sold. Kat was our wedding coordinator, and I can't say enough about her. She was sharp, helpful, funny, patient, and honest, and she helped us make some of the final decisions about the food, which was an important to me. In the end, the food was amazing! Everyone raved about the filet mignon, and the swordfish was perfectly cooked. The staff at the Waterview was 100% on it when it came to every detail. If my mom needed something specific out of her bag, someone ran to get it. When a guest had to leave early, they gave him a doggy bag so he could take his meal to go. When I asked for extra water at the sweetheart table, they got me 4 glasses. I cannot say enough good things about The Waterview and could not be happier about our decision to have our wedding there.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This review actually took my a long time to start writing because I don't think words can describe how amazing The Waterview is! I was a very nervous bride but Kat and the rest of the Waterview employees made our wedding day SO amazing. They took care of absolutely everything and made it so I could relax and enjoy the day! They seemed to have answers to all my questions before I could ask them! ALL of my guests had nothing but compliments about the venue and its employees and I honestly can't think of one thing I would improve. Thank you for making our day so amazing!

Private User
Recently Married

I had a wonderful time at my wedding. The staff was very helpful and they were always right there whenever I needed anything. The view was amazing and the food was great. I had such a good time!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the beginning the Waterview made our wedding stress free. Colin was patient and kind. They made sure we were happy with everything and that we were taken care of the entire night. Neither my husband or myself had an empty glass the whole night (water or alcohol it didn't matter) and he made sure our bridal party and immediate family had everything they needed.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at The Waterview. Neither of us had ever been there before but we heard great things. Kathleen was our coordinator and she was fantastic. She responded to ALL of my emails promptly and professionally, she made all the many changes I requested and never made me feel like I was a bother or a crazy bride, which I know I was at times. She was very professional and knew a lot about The Waterview and the food and policies. The food was delicious!! I was nervous about it since we didn't have a tasting but all our guests are still talking about how much food there was and what a great quality it was. The two attendants we had in the bridal sweet were PHENOMENAL! I wish I could remember their names but, during cocktail hour at least one attendant was with me the whole time, but not to the point of being annoying, she remained at a close distance. They both got us drinks while taking pictures outside and brought appetizers outside to us. They even took care of getting our parents drinks and appetizers. During the reception I don't think there was a single time that either one of us did not have a drink. They were really the best you could ask for. They offered to help bustle my dress and help me with anything I needed which was great because it gave my bridal party the opportunity to enjoy themselves and not have to follow me around everywhere. The venue is gorgeous which is deceiving from the outside, the grounds are beautiful and the room is spacious. The one thing I found not so great was the seating program. It's a computer program and you have to manually enter all of your guest in and seat them at the tables. I had a hard time with this because we made last minute changes which I thought saved and the day of the wedding I noticed tables were in the wrong spots and there weren't enough chairs at specific tables so guests seemed to have to just find an open spot. This could just be my error. Overall I'm very satisfied with this venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Staff was attentive, friendly and professional. Food was delicious and portions were great. They did a beautiful job with the cake and even reused the ceremony flowers for the tables. The venetian table and coffee and cordial bar was a huge hit! Everything went smoothly, looked great and our guests all raved about the venue. Staff even carried our things out to the car at the end of the night. It was a great day

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

The Waterview was a huge part of my dream wedding. The entire staff was amazing from beginning to end and the room was absolutely elegant.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently got married on September 26th of this year. My husband and I had our ceremony at the church I grew up in located in Trumbull, CT and our reception was held at the Waterview in Monroe, CT. The Waterview is absolutely beautiful, which was one of the main reasons that we chose it for our reception venue. They offer wedding packages, which includes items that normally you would need to provide yourself or have outsourced at other reception venues. In my opinion, for what the Waterview provides, they are very reasonably priced as well. Our wedding package included our choice of six butler passed Hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour, a five hour open bar service inclusive of premium brand liquor, selected white and red wines, domestic and imported beer, and sparkling beverages, bottles of a red and white wine on each guest table, lavish displays of cheeses, seasonal fruits and dips, a four course sit down dinner or you could opt for a buffet option instead, a multi-tiered wedding cake with dozens of options to customize it to your liking, a champagne toast, table linens and napkins in dozens of color options, a personal wedding event coordinator, a private bridal suite staffed with two bridal attendants and refreshments, seating cards, directional cards, table numbers, centerpieces of hurricanes and votive candles, if desired. Our event coordinator was extremely professional, responsive and very flexible to all of our wedding needs. She made it easy for us to feel less stressed and taken care of. The Waterview's food and wedding cake was exceptional and it was the best food I have ever had at any wedding thus far (and trust me, I have been too dozens of weddings and I am also not being biased just because this was my wedding!). I would HIGHLY recommend the Waterview for anyone getting married in the CT area!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Hubby and I can't say enough good things about The Waterview. First, April McBride was so kind as to work with us on our very tight budget. She gave us an amazing deal and because of her we were able to have our dream wedding on the water. They give you one price per person that includes a comprehensive package which makes wedding planning so much easier! It includes customized, decorated delicious wedding cake made on premise, Event Coordinator for planning in the days and months before the wedding AND managing everything on the day, bridal attendants waiting on you and taking care of you the day of, top shelf open bar, linens, and three course delicious plated meal! We just couldn't believe everything that we got for once price! We had Colin Melita as our Event Coordinator and he was so awesome! So relaxed and calm which helped put us at ease. Both him and April always responded to my one million emails very quickly! He also went above and beyond at the wedding, coming to the rescue with ointment and painkillers when hubby was suddenly stung by a bee, packing up all our stuff for us including ceramic wrap to safely preserve our sand ceremony sand, re-doing our table name frames so that they looked more elegant than when I brought them to him feeling all frazzled and stressed. Colin was so wonderful and we were really glad that he was our Coordinator. He offered to put our food in the warmer when he noticed we were too busy to eat and brought it back out when we were finally able to sit and eat. It was such a pleasure having our wedding there. The food and wedding cake was absolutely delicious. The grounds were beautiful and perfect. And the day-of coordination was spectacular - walkie talkies to coordinate, someone to fluff your dress for you as you walk down the aisle, champagne and food for us and the bridal party. We HIGHLY recommend The Waterview! If they don't have your date available, change your date! Then ask for April McBride and Colin Melita!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was married at The Waterview in 2004 when it was first built and then returned 10 years later to celebrate my 10 year Anniversary there. It was still Beautiful and Perfect! The staff was Amazing! I had some pretty intricate details that I wanted done. I walked in and all my ideas were done to Perfection. The coordinators were attentive and kind. My guest described it as the best night they've ever had! I was and am so happy with how my evening went!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location