The Surf Club On The Sound

(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.4 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My fiancé and I began planning our wedding 4 months in advance. We were originally ruling out The Surf Club because we thought it would be too expensive. However, we went to look anyway.. I was sceptical after reading awful reviews... But the venue was absolutely stunning!! Everything about it!!! We spoke with Jamie and ended up booking a Nov.7th wedding. The day came and everything was so perfect!!!!! The cocktail hour was a huge success.. Everybody loved the food. Not to mention there was so much of it. The reception area was drop dead gorgeous. My bridal attendant Merrill and Matre D Antonio were phenomenal!!! Any little issue was fixed instantly. (For instance..I have a 2 year old daughter who ran out of diapers.. 5 minutes later diapers in her size were delivered to the bridal suite. My bridesmaids shoe broke.. They glued it back together.)

This venue is FANTASTIC!!!!! I recommend them highly to anyone looking in the New Rochelle area. These people go out of their way to make you'r day spectacular and memorable.. And that it was!!!

• Wedding: 11/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I got married at the Surf Club on 10/18/14. He was adamant about this being the venue we didn't even look at another venue. We booked well over a year in advanced with Jamie, and I honestly did read some really bad reviews, aside from that I had to trust my husbands decision and boy was I glad!
Jamie was so attentive, answered every call / questions up until the day of. Antonio was by far the best, he made sure our day went so smoothly. If anything went wrong, I didn't know about it! He made my day so perfect and I will forever be grateful. I don't think there are enough words to show how amazing Meryl is. Just so amazing, how on top of everything she was, so attentive, I was actually sad to say good bye to her when it was over. The chef Tim, also just amazing. My guests all say : The best wedding they have every been too. As a bride and a perfectionist I honestly couldn't imagine having had it anywhere else or it being any more perfect than it was. Great venue, great food, great staff... Just an all around perfect venue!!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
Vikki
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter was married August 14, 2014. From the very beginning of planning the wedding to the very end of the wedding, everything was perfect. The staff was helpful in every aspect and worked wonders to make my daughter's wedding beyond beautiful. A special thanks to Jamie who put up with the "stressed out mother of the bride"; to George who made sure everything ran smoothly and made last minute changes without batting an eye; and the biggest thank you to Meryl, the bridal attendant, who took care of every detail - she had a solution for everything, was on top of everything, and made my daughter feel like a princess. Everything they did allowed me to enjoy my daughter's wedding to the fullest! Thank you!!!

• Wedding: 08/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had our wedding (both ceremony and reception) at Surf Club on the Sound in New Rochelle, NY. After our initial visit, we knew that it was the place for us, with its gorgeous views of the Long Island Sound and a beautiful, romantic interior. They have recently taken action to make it an even more desirable wedding venue with renovations. Rick was our banquet manager and from the beginning he made us feel comfortable and at home at Surf Club. He made sure that we were well taken care of and that all of our needs were met. Merrill, my bridal assistant went above and beyond her duties and was readily available when I needed her. The food at the Surf Club is delicious, our guests are still talking about the wide variety of choices they had during cocktail hour. Our wedding took place upstairs in the penthouse. One of the reasons we loved Surf Club was because there was a party with 350 people going on downstairs and you couldn’t even tell. Thank you so much to Rick and the wonderful staff at Surf Club for making our wedding absolutely perfect.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What an amazing time we had this past weekend at our daughter wedding at the Surf Club on the Sound. From the unbelievable décor to the view , to the staff and the food. it was everything we hoped for and more. From the start, the attention was A-1. We couldn't have been happier with our choice.

All our guests were blown away and had a blast . Everyone raved about the service and how beautiful the venue was.

Thank you to Sandro, Antonio, Rick, George and Nancy at the front desk for all your patience and hard work to make this day so perfect. and Merrill our bridal attendant who was beyond anything we could have expected. She took care of the bride, the groom, the parents..... She took care of the cake topper, the cake cutter and she makes one mean wedding dress bustle!!! There wasn't anything this amazing woman didn’t do. She organized EVERYTHING. Kept everyone calm. She made sure we packed everything (including the veil!).

We cannot say enough about how professional, thoughtful and organized everyone was.
We thank you ….For keeping us calm and for trying to please us in all that we asked for.
For taking all my phone calls and answering all my questions.
For just always being there with a smile on your faces.
You have outdone yourselves with the renovations of the Surf Club. It was beautiful to begin with and now it is just spectacular!

Everything was above and beyond our expectations. Our guests were in awe of the cocktail hour, with the variety of the food, presentation and overall the TASTE. We're still getting calls from family and friends saying what an amazing time they had.

A million thanks to the entire staff at The Surf Club on the Sound. We are grateful to everyone for making our children’s special day the best day of their lives and for making it so memorable!

• Wedding: 06/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had our wedding at The Surf Club On The Sound on June 6th 2014. In the beginning we were a little hesitant to book with the Surf Club because of some bad reviews we found, but boy were they wrong! Our special day could not have been more perfect!!! The staff that we worked with: Ron, Rick, Antonio and Meryl treated us like royalty!! Our guests told us it was the best wedding they've ever been to and the food was amazing. I wish we could do it all over again, it was so much fun! We highly recommend The Surf Club On The Sound to anyone that wants to have a beautiful ceremony overlooking the gorgeous Long Island Sound and truly a memorable wedding. Words cant express how fantastic this place is.

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married at the Surf Club last week and it was AMAZING!!! It was our dream wedding! We had the best experience!! From Jaime Gizzo who helped us plan it all, to Mitch our Maitre D who was a God Send to Yoanna my bridal attendant who was a perfect combination of laid back and professional to the Captain Rogerio who was a delight!! And Lisa and Linda the florists, although we had a bumpy start you guys truly did an amazing job with the church, the dias table and the center pieces. It was a romantic affair!! THANK YOU all!! My advise to future brides. Don't always listen to the reviews because you don't know whether the brides were difficult, divas, or over the top on their expectations. But at the same time, keep track of all your plans, payments, and info so that you can feel more at ease. And if you plan your wedding here ask for Jaime, Mitch, Yoanna and Rogerio. Truly outstanding serive!

• Wedding: 10/18/2013
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my wedding at The Surf Club in July 2013 and it was all my dreams come true. First of all, the place is GORGEOUS. Between being on the water, the staircase in the entrance, and the room itself, you CANNOT find a more beautiful place in Westchester. During the planning stages, my main contact was Jamie and he played a large part in making this day the wedding I always imagined. He not only would talk to me when I called, but he would proactively call me to check in and see how all my other planning was going. He helped me with my menu and made all my ideas come to life. Anything I wanted, Jamie made happen.

Once we got close to the wedding date, Joe was my main contact, as he was our maitre d. He was truly awesome! He was so on top of everything before the wedding and during the wedding. If we needed something to get done during the reception, he could always be found and helped us immediately. He even suggested having sparklers for my husband and I's entrance and it was the most amazing moment ever.

During the wedding, my bridal attendant was Merril. I only hope that every bride can have someone like Merril be with them. She bustled my dress, made me eat (which is very important), and was just the nicest person. She really took care of me all night and was there for me. What a wonderful person! Loved her.

Overall, I do not have any complaints about having my wedding at The Surf Club. In fact, I highly would recommend having an event, especially a wedding, here. It was so perfect. This was due largely in part to Jamie, Joe, and Merril so I owe them a BIG thank you. I hope one of my friends or family members has their wedding at The Surf Club so I can come back!

Perfect choice for the day of your dreams!

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our ceremony only in the ballroom (Penthouse) the night before Thanksgiving, at the Surf Club. The manager, Chris Gizzo, was amazing and helped us to have a stunning wedding with gorgeous pictures! While planning we actually were only going to have 5 people ...mainly as witnesses however he said to us "we've got lots of chairs here...dont' worry..invite more if you want to!"...so we proceeded to invite most of our family who lived in the NY area. It was a beautiful day and they were great. No one bothered us at all during the ceremony and we had the run of the upstairs ballroom for several hours both before and after the ceremony. Cannot rave enough about the place, Chris and how beautiful our ceremony, held here was!

• Wedding: 11/26/2003
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The surf club is gorgeous. All my guests were so impressed. It is so well maintained and they spare no expense on finishes and renovations. Jamie and his staff were responsive and accommodating to our questions and requests the whole way through and on the day, Meryl, my bridal attendant was absolutely amazing. I can't thank them enough.

• Wedding: 11/02/2014
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter was married at the Surf Club on August 24, 2013. From start to finish everything was fantastic. We started the process with Carlos and finished it with Ron. Ron was heaven sent. He took care of everything for us, and always responded to phone calls immediately. The day of the wedding he came to find me to make sure if we needed anything or if he could do something for us. The food, atmosphere, staff -- were all top notch. My family keeps telling me it was one of the best weddings they have been to. As far as the florist Lisa-she was fabulous. Never tried to upsell us anything, and at times talked us out of things that she felt we didn't need. Flowers were gorgeous and arrived on time. Our overall experience with the surf club was terrific! I wouldn't change anything. Book your wedding here and you will not regret it!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers
4.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I had my wedding at the Surf Club this past Friday and I had a fabulous time! The view when you drive up is stunning with the fountain and then those stairs when you walk in. I have been there before for weddings so I knew what they could do. However, I also read reviews before I signed that were not so great. I waited an hour after my scheduled time to meet with someone about booking and that had me doubting but I signed anyway. Thankfully that was the only problem I had with them. After that, they either contacted me for things or if I called, I got a response in a timely manner. I had no issues with Jaime and had very pleasant meetings with him.
I have to admit I was nervous about the florist because you have no choice. You must use their florist. I had a very strong vision of what I wanted in my head and loosing control of picking kind of freaked me out. However, the moment I met Lisa that was put to rest. She was fabulous! We went with what I wanted for my bouquet and the girls and the end product was beautiful. I had trouble envisioning my centerpiece because I was stuck on purple and orange and was afraid it would look like halloween. Lisa suggested flowers that brought the colors together with other fall colors in a wonderful display complete with willow branches. The centerpieces were STUNNING!
Now on to the staff! I met with Mitch the night before to do my drop off and have a rehearsal. He completely put my mind at ease that everything would be set up correctly and would run smoothly. He gave me his cell number in case I thought of anything that night and wanted to tell him before morning. On the day of the wedding, he remembered my bridal parties names and my parents. He knew what they looked like to go find them when needed. Joanna was my attendant and was always there asking what I needed, holding my gown, carrying my stuff. She was wonderful. The two of them helped so much that night, I am so thankful to them.

• Wedding: 11/08/2013
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

The Surf Club is a beautiful place for a ceremony & reception. The only reason I did not give them 5 stars is because we had a few minor mishaps, which I thought was a little unprofessional of them. The cons: they do not offer rehearsal dinner (just rehearsal space), they do not let you taste the food before finalizing your menu, you have to use their in-house florist, they do not print place cards/menus/etc, they only offer ivory linens, the beach area needs to be renovated, the gazebo is black (which is bizarre), the dinner is just 'ok'. The Pros: they are very responsive, flexible with menu items, staff is friendly and accommodating, cocktail foods are good (at least that's what my guests told me), the venue is gorgeous, our Maitre'd was good, my bridal attendant was decent, wait staff was superb. Overall, everything worked out in the end.

The issues: they didn't put flowers on my cake, and I had to take time out of my very limited cocktail hour to deal with that - very stressful and annoying, especially since I barely had time to eat because of it. They also confirmed my rehearsal time twice, then when I got there they told me I was not on the calendar. They day we were supposed to meet with the Maitre'd, he knew nothing about our scheduled meeting. He ran through a few things with us briefly and basically just left us. Jaime came to talk to us, left for a while saying he'd be back, and never came back. We helped ourselves to the "chapel" and had our rehearsal there.

Basically, like all wedding vendors, you will find that once they have your money, they stop "helping" you. They will promise you the world, and flake once you're paid in full. They are no better or worse than the others, so just use your head and expect that things will go wrong.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Keith & Indira
3.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

We just had a wedding for our daughter, August 30th,2013. The venue was exactly what my daughter wanted. It was near the water, the fountains are gorgeous and the entry way spectacular with a beautiful stair case and crystal chandelier. We had the ceremony outside with the brand new gazebo. The views of the Long Island sound was picturesque. Our guests raved about the quantity and selection of food stations was amazing. The dinner choices were delicious and plentiful. The flowers such as the center pieces,bouquets and ceremony flowers were not only beautiful, but radiant. Lisa was very accommodating a pleasure to work with .She captured exactly what my daughter wanted in all the arrangements. We were definitely very pleased her artistry and flower choices. The flowers were fresh and vibrant. Thank you Lisa!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

continued from weddingchannel.com correct information a week before our wedding while our vendor patiently waited to finalize and then rush our order.
With a warm and welcoming demeanor, a glimmer of hope presented itself in the form of the Maitre d’ Rick Di Leo but it didn’t take too long before the first encounter became clear that it was nothing more than false advertisement. Much like Jamie, Rick didn’t seem remotely interested in obtaining details about our plans for the ceremony nor the reception. Our scheduled meeting, just days prior to our big day, would have been left at an introduction had I not initiated a productive meeting by providing him with all pertinent details...again, I was floored & besides myself!

Fast forwarding to our rehearsal and wedding day...

To the credit of the Surf Club, the best service we received was during our rehearsal. The staff graciously allowed us unlimited usage of the ceremony & cocktail area to rehearse as well as hold our rehearsal lunch. In addition, they also allowed us to completely decorate the ballroom that afternoon. Unfortunately what seemed to be taking a turn for the best was short lived and the downhill spiral progressed and to our dismay began to intensify. Rick was not present during any of the rehearsal. He finally showed up while my wedding planner and our team was transforming the ballroom. His presence was almost like a mirage, he was nowhere to be found after I introduced him to my wedding planner. I had to continuously ask the front desk to call him for me. Much like he had “ok’d” us to death during our initial meeting, he promised to have the one and only task delegated to him completed but yet again, a promise was broken and we were failed by another staff member. I would learn after the wedding that the 4x6 frames, (continue to http://www.yelp.com/review_share/1m6IcbU5UfiH1JvvTz9LjQ/review/ICGUGcQcCLj4f7wFJsV8uA?fsid=b8nPTV_FD1AlNkYIh9bIPQ

• Wedding: 06/21/2013
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
914-633-8221
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire