The Roger Sherman Inn

The Roger Sherman Inn

Favorite
New Canaan, CT
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

The Roger Sherman, Amber in particular, were great to work with. It was a two part affair, and they were wonderfully flexible and accommodating.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Melissa
12/14/2013

From our first meeting with Amber, as we began to plan our wedding, to the actual day, the Roger Sherman Inn gave us the feeling that our wedding would be personal, special, and just what we wanted. I joked that the response from Amber and the Inn was always, "Yes, we can do that." I'm sure it was a ton of work behind-the-scenes, but we never had the feeling that we what we wanted was overwhelming. We wanted an intimate feeling and elegant winter wedding, and even with 170 people, we were able to achieve that feeling with the Inn's magical holiday decor, and overall classic ambiance. Our wedding felt like it popped right up out of a vintage winter postcard, a French chanson, or the movie "White Christmas." We were able to create a non-traditional wedding dinner that felt cozy and perfect, and the service was excellent and kind. We also had our rehearsal dinner in the downstairs wine cellar the evening before and stayed with our families and wedding party at the Inn both the night before and after our wedding. We were able to spend quieter time at the bar after-hours, and really had the Inn to ourselves. It felt like a destination wedding, evening though I had grown up just a few towns over. Even writing this review, my words aren't able to capture how magical, intimate, classic, gracious, and beautiful it all was. The Roger Sherman Inn is a perfect wedding venue for any couple that wants their wedding to feel unique and special, and unlike a traditional wedding hall. We returned to the Inn for dinner with our families on our first anniversary, and I know that will be a tradition for many years going forward.

Caroline
04/06/2013

Everyone at Roger Sherman Inn, but most especially Amber Bonfoey went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. Every request, no matter how small or large was accommodated, the food was excellent, the rooms were all beautiful and everyone had the best time! Everything was perfect and I cant think of one thing that I would have done differently. I would highly recommend anyone planning a wedding, anniversary or any special occasion to contact the Roger Sherman Inn.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Roger Sherman was the perfect venue for our intimate wedding and reception - food, service and rooms were great. Highly recommended!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Roger Sherman Inn was a beautiful location for the 'Celebration Dinner' we had after our wedding ceremony. Chris Paul, and the entire staff, were a pleasure to work with: gracious, accommodating, friendly and professional.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

A wonderful place to have a rehearsal dinner. The food was superb, the staff attentive, and the entire night a success. Very highly recommended!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Roger Sherman Inn was an amazing venue to have a wedding, especially if you are looking for an intimate, elegant environment! My husband and I were extremely impressed with the food and the cake, as were the guests. The food was not only delicious, but arrived to each table hot (something that is not always the case at other weddings). For being included in the package, the cake was really tasty and beautiful! I couldn't have hand-selected a better one myself. The banquet manager was initially not as responsive as I would have liked (for instance, he would respond to my lengthy, detail-oriented emails with only a few sentences), but in the end, he pulled everything together perfectly. The only concern that we had was that the DJ was unable to properly connect to have the music playing in the dining room and bar/cocktail hour location. However, guests ended up enjoying that they could have conversation in one space and dance in another. Overall, we had an incredible experience.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The RSI went out of their way to make our wedding dinner a lovely and special event. The food was outstanding and the service perfect. Joseph, Ness and Chris were so very helpful and we are grateful for their kind assistance which made for a great evening!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

The Roger Sherman Inn provided a most elegant and comfortable place for out-of-town family and friends to stay during the wedding weekend, plus a wonderful, delicious post-wedding Brunch on Sunday morning.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

An exceptionally intimate location with incredibly attentive staff, delicious food and elegant surroundings. It was a flawless reception and the staff helped to create a truly magical and incredibly tasteful evening.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is the perfect place for a rehearsal dinner in the New Canaan area.