The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station

Value
Flexibility
Sara
05/02/2015

Everyone at The Riverhouse was extremely helpful and explained each part of the process clearly to help us plan our wedding.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Bridgette
04/26/2015

We are so glad we chose the Riverhouse as our wedding venue - the staff were so helpful and responsive, and the venue looked beautiful. The food was great, and everyone had a great time.

Recently Married

The Riverhouse was beyond amazing. They made my day the most magical ever. They took care of absolutely everything. I had nothing to worry about all day. The staff was beyond helpful and they were right there always. Can't thank them enough. Hats off to the Chef and kitchen staff. The food was Devine not one complaint. I would recommend to any bride and groom if you want 5 star treatment and a day to remember.

Recently Married

The staff at Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station did an incredible job putting on a perfectly run reception. The manager Mary was with me, my husband and my mom throughout the reception helping us in any way we could. The staff greeted guests with champagne, and there were plenty of appetizers. The meals were excellent and the timing in bringing out the courses was spot on. Mary made sure that my husband and I ate during the reception and was there, with other staff, wishing us well, when we left for the evening. The Riverhouse management was very helpful, as well, and a pleasure to work with. Hattie, our planning manager, made great suggestions for the reception, is very organized, and made our reception a memorable experience. I can't say enough about the Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station. I highly recommend them.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We really can't come up with enough superlatives for The Riverhouse. It all started at our initial meeting with Kelley and Hattie. Both are so knowledgable, professional and responsive to all questions and requests. Every bride is nervous and has last minute issues. I never felt that I was imposing and my calls and emails were returned almost immediately.

Our wedding ceremony and reception took place on Dec. 20. The entire venue was beautifully decorated for the holidays. The Riverhouse staff worked seamlessly with our florist and photographer. In addition, both my husband and I had our own attendant for the evening. They made sure to fulfill every request, often before we made it. There was also a full complement of staff to take care of all our guests. And the food, to quote one of our friends, was "ridiculously good". Everything Chef provided - from the cocktail hour through dinner, was fabulous.

We would highly recommend the Riverhouse, to anyone who is looking for a beautiful venue for an important event.

Recently Married

Amazing venue! I'm so glad that I chose the Riverhouse. We had a December wedding and their winter decorations were beautiful - I didn't feel a need to do anything beyond what they already provided, I even used their house centerpieces for the tables. I booked a year in advance and they stayed in touch and followed up with me the whole year to ensure all of the planning got done. Superior staff both in the office and on the day of the wedding. Everything went smoothly and not one single issue popped up at any point on my wedding day. I'm still hearing rave reviews from my guests about the food provided by the Riverhouse as well. We had a Sunday brunch wedding which included both breakfast and lunch options and everything was delicious! We used their main ballroom for our ceremony which faces the Connecticut River, held the cocktail hour in the main lobby, and then returned to the ballroom for the reception - they made wedding day logistics so simple! We also decided to pay a little extra for an open bar and a pre-ceremony beverage station. The pre-ceremony beverages were a huge hit (everyone loved the coffee, teas, and hot cocoa provided) and while the Riverhouse has a no-shots policy (I appreciated that, made the event feel even classier) the open bar was really great. Additionally, the cost of the wedding cake is baked into the venue fee, so when you go to either of their approved bakeries (I picked Kim's Cottage Confections) it's really nice not having to write another check! I don't have a single complaint or negative thing to say about the Riverhouse and I'm still counting my lucky stars that we went with them.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The RIverhouse made my wedding day absolutely perfect. I could not have asked for more. The staff was so attentive and responsive. Mary and Sam were absolutely fabulous. The food was excellent and the decorations and decor was stunning. It truly was a winter wonderland and I could not have pictured it more perfect. My husband and I could not say enough positive things about this place. We highly recommend it to anyone looking to for the perfect wedding venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Amanda
11/15/2014

Through out the entire process of planning our wedding the entire staff at The Riverhouse were beyond helpful. Both Kelly and Hattie were always so attentive when responding to emails or phone calls with questions or concerns we had. They were more than accomodating and made our experience very enjoyable. During our reception we had the pleasure of working with Santiago who was absolutely outstanding. He was on top of everything and really made my husband and I feel very special on our day. And lastly, Samantha who was our bridal party server was incredible. We had a group of young and crazy groomsmen and brides maids and she kept up with all of us. I never had to ask for anything, it felt like she was right behind me the entire evening with whatever I needed. Santi and Samantha really went out of their way that evening and I feel very grateful and blessed to have had such a memorable evening because of the staff at The Riverhouse.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! My husband and I tossed back and forth about venues closer to us, then decided to check out The Riverhouse because a couple of our friends recommended it after great experiences as guests there. WOW! The facility is gorgeous. Hattie was the greatest planner we met with when were searching venues. She was sincere, calm, and reassuring. We walked out of our tour and knew that was it. Everything from then on went very smoothly; Hattie and Kelley would send emails checking in and offering their help if ever needed. They promptly responded to emails- like within hours, if not the next morning would get a response. Mary, the banquet manager, was fabulous. She ran our rehearsal and everything the day of went- it all went perfectly. I didn't worry about a thing. We had plans for an outdoor ceremony, but mother nature left us with a cold, rainy day so we had it in the ballroom. It was quaint and very romantic. I had a ton of lanterns to be used and left the decorations up to Mary and her team's creativity- they did an amazing job! Our guests raved about how gorgeous the venue was and LOVED the food. We really couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you to The Riverhouse and their amazing staff for a perfect wedding day!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Lindsay
10/26/2014

The Riverhouse is absolutely fantastic. We had such an enjoyable time working with them on our wedding. They were always very responsive to my emails and even made a last minute ceremony time change. Our wedding day was seamless and that is in most part because of the expertise The Riverhouse has with weddings. The food is phenomenal and enjoyed by all (even those with dietary restrictions). I would definitely recommend this venue!

Recently Married

Everyone at The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station was phenomenal! From the tour to the wedding day- Mary, Hattie and Kelley were there to answer questions, offer services and recommend vendors. The day of their staff was attentive and quick and made sure everything from the ceremony to dinner to dessert were on schedule. They even made sure to allow my husband and I to sit down and enjoy our dinners! Many of my guests commented on the delicious food, the quick bar tending and just how lovely everything had been set up. I cannot express enough how awesome and perfect the day was- one I will surely always remember with fond and happy memories!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Recently Married

Could not have been happier with the Riverhouse's services. I had so many people tell me that my wedding was one of, if not the best wedding they had ever attended. I wish I could go back and relive the day over and over again. Not a single thing went wrong, and if it had, the staff was so on point that no one, not even me, would have know. The food was spectacular, the bar was flowing, the staff was attentive... I highly recommend the Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station for any catering needs!

Recently Married

Absolutely amazing! I could not have asked for a better staff and venue for my wedding. They handled every detail, I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of our wedding. The food was the "best wedding food" anyone has ever had including myself and my husband! The venue is simply elegant, you don't need to add much to make it perfect for your day. I honestly think I would have gone absolutely crazy the day of it the staff was not there to set up everything. It really made such a huge difference in the amount of stress that could have occurred that day! Hattie and Kelley are absolutely amazing. They answered every question no matter how silly within a timely manner and are just fantastic and their jobs! Thank you all!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Riverhouse was absolutely amazing! The venue is gorgeous and the staff is amazing and responsive. We didn't have to worry about or think about a thing, they took care of it all! The food is excellent!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This review is long overdue. Kelley, Hattie and Michelle were with us every step along the way. They worked with our schedule since we were out of state and answered all types of questions (financial, food, seating, bathroom-everything) in person, email and by phone. They honored special requests if reasonable and worked well with new vendors that haven't been on their property. They made sure everything went perfectly. We didn't have a florist but created our own centerpieces and had flowers from a supermarket. They were able to set these up for us so we would have more time to get ready and the tables were beautifully arranged. We also had our ceremony there and they took the time to make spread petals on the patio since there were plenty leftover once the tables were done. Our day of coordinator Mary was great she made sure everything ran smoothly and even confirmed working with our JP (whom didn't have any reviews). Our bride-groom assistant Sam was excellent, she was fun to be around and was very attentive. She went around with a food tray for us as we wanted to greet guests during cocktail hour and made sure no guests touch our food. I thought this was great! Four months later guests are still talking about the food, service and space of the venue (we only had 100 guests so there was plenty of room). We have no regrets about The Riverhouse. -Alex & Becky

Recently Married

My daughter was married here, and the service, food, and venue were wonderful! Santi and Mykal were attentive, kind, and flexible. They sincerely cared about making our special day one to remember :) I would highly recommend them!