The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

We had the most amazing experience with The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station! Their staff, food, and facilities are second to none. Our guests absolutely raved about how amazing the food was, how attentive the staff, and how charming the venue, and that's all we wanted - just to ensure that our family and friends were as happy that day as we were!

Recently Married

The Riverhouse was just wonderful! Our wedding was perfect and the staff was extremely helpful in planning our special day (ceremony and reception). The venue is stunning and the food is delicious.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough great things about this venue and their staff! I didn't have a wedding planner, and with them- I didn't need one! They had a timeline to submit important things needed for the big day and kept me on track! Throughout the whole process they were so attentive, quick to respond, and worked with me to make everything perfect for our day! Our guests could not say enough great things about the food (amazing!), the deck overlooking the river (we did upgrade to get the outside bar which was definitely worth it!), and the venue itself. They are so professional and know how to execute everything perfectly. I truly cannot thank them enough- especially Hattie and Mary who I worked most closely with-- THANK YOU! I highly recommend The Riverhouse for your wedding, or any larger event!

Gabriela
05/16/2015

The Riverhouse staff was always on top of things, made the day go smooth without any complications. Flexible with last minute decisions, we had a personal waitress that made sure we had everything (bouquet, food, drinks) at all time. Definitely the best venue we could've asked for. We got engaged there and they were nothing but helpful, by far the best vendor of our wedding. Food was delicious, good quality in drinks, great service.

Tiffany
05/15/2015

I honestly can't say anything bad about these folks! They were very responsive to my questions and requests, they helped my wedding day go smoothly without any problems, they were both professional and compassionate. The venue itself was stunning. I needed very little decoration to embellish the venue itself. All of my guests raved about the food, the service, and how beautiful it was. My husband and I and our family and friends will never forget our wedding day all thanks to Kelley and Santiago, and the rest of the staff at The Riverhouse!

Sara
05/02/2015

Everyone at The Riverhouse was extremely helpful and explained each part of the process clearly to help us plan our wedding.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Bridgette
04/26/2015

We are so glad we chose the Riverhouse as our wedding venue - the staff were so helpful and responsive, and the venue looked beautiful. The food was great, and everyone had a great time.

Recently Married

The Riverhouse was beyond amazing. They made my day the most magical ever. They took care of absolutely everything. I had nothing to worry about all day. The staff was beyond helpful and they were right there always. Can't thank them enough. Hats off to the Chef and kitchen staff. The food was Devine not one complaint. I would recommend to any bride and groom if you want 5 star treatment and a day to remember.

Recently Married

The staff at Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station did an incredible job putting on a perfectly run reception. The manager Mary was with me, my husband and my mom throughout the reception helping us in any way we could. The staff greeted guests with champagne, and there were plenty of appetizers. The meals were excellent and the timing in bringing out the courses was spot on. Mary made sure that my husband and I ate during the reception and was there, with other staff, wishing us well, when we left for the evening. The Riverhouse management was very helpful, as well, and a pleasure to work with. Hattie, our planning manager, made great suggestions for the reception, is very organized, and made our reception a memorable experience. I can't say enough about the Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station. I highly recommend them.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We really can't come up with enough superlatives for The Riverhouse. It all started at our initial meeting with Kelley and Hattie. Both are so knowledgable, professional and responsive to all questions and requests. Every bride is nervous and has last minute issues. I never felt that I was imposing and my calls and emails were returned almost immediately.

Our wedding ceremony and reception took place on Dec. 20. The entire venue was beautifully decorated for the holidays. The Riverhouse staff worked seamlessly with our florist and photographer. In addition, both my husband and I had our own attendant for the evening. They made sure to fulfill every request, often before we made it. There was also a full complement of staff to take care of all our guests. And the food, to quote one of our friends, was "ridiculously good". Everything Chef provided - from the cocktail hour through dinner, was fabulous.

We would highly recommend the Riverhouse, to anyone who is looking for a beautiful venue for an important event.

Recently Married

Amazing venue! I'm so glad that I chose the Riverhouse. We had a December wedding and their winter decorations were beautiful - I didn't feel a need to do anything beyond what they already provided, I even used their house centerpieces for the tables. I booked a year in advance and they stayed in touch and followed up with me the whole year to ensure all of the planning got done. Superior staff both in the office and on the day of the wedding. Everything went smoothly and not one single issue popped up at any point on my wedding day. I'm still hearing rave reviews from my guests about the food provided by the Riverhouse as well. We had a Sunday brunch wedding which included both breakfast and lunch options and everything was delicious! We used their main ballroom for our ceremony which faces the Connecticut River, held the cocktail hour in the main lobby, and then returned to the ballroom for the reception - they made wedding day logistics so simple! We also decided to pay a little extra for an open bar and a pre-ceremony beverage station. The pre-ceremony beverages were a huge hit (everyone loved the coffee, teas, and hot cocoa provided) and while the Riverhouse has a no-shots policy (I appreciated that, made the event feel even classier) the open bar was really great. Additionally, the cost of the wedding cake is baked into the venue fee, so when you go to either of their approved bakeries (I picked Kim's Cottage Confections) it's really nice not having to write another check! I don't have a single complaint or negative thing to say about the Riverhouse and I'm still counting my lucky stars that we went with them.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The RIverhouse made my wedding day absolutely perfect. I could not have asked for more. The staff was so attentive and responsive. Mary and Sam were absolutely fabulous. The food was excellent and the decorations and decor was stunning. It truly was a winter wonderland and I could not have pictured it more perfect. My husband and I could not say enough positive things about this place. We highly recommend it to anyone looking to for the perfect wedding venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Amanda
11/15/2014

Through out the entire process of planning our wedding the entire staff at The Riverhouse were beyond helpful. Both Kelly and Hattie were always so attentive when responding to emails or phone calls with questions or concerns we had. They were more than accomodating and made our experience very enjoyable. During our reception we had the pleasure of working with Santiago who was absolutely outstanding. He was on top of everything and really made my husband and I feel very special on our day. And lastly, Samantha who was our bridal party server was incredible. We had a group of young and crazy groomsmen and brides maids and she kept up with all of us. I never had to ask for anything, it felt like she was right behind me the entire evening with whatever I needed. Santi and Samantha really went out of their way that evening and I feel very grateful and blessed to have had such a memorable evening because of the staff at The Riverhouse.

Recently Married

We received nothing but great comments about the staff from the Riverhouse. They were extremely accommodating with anything that came up throughout the process. The venue is breathtaking and we would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a wedding venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! My husband and I tossed back and forth about venues closer to us, then decided to check out The Riverhouse because a couple of our friends recommended it after great experiences as guests there. WOW! The facility is gorgeous. Hattie was the greatest planner we met with when were searching venues. She was sincere, calm, and reassuring. We walked out of our tour and knew that was it. Everything from then on went very smoothly; Hattie and Kelley would send emails checking in and offering their help if ever needed. They promptly responded to emails- like within hours, if not the next morning would get a response. Mary, the banquet manager, was fabulous. She ran our rehearsal and everything the day of went- it all went perfectly. I didn't worry about a thing. We had plans for an outdoor ceremony, but mother nature left us with a cold, rainy day so we had it in the ballroom. It was quaint and very romantic. I had a ton of lanterns to be used and left the decorations up to Mary and her team's creativity- they did an amazing job! Our guests raved about how gorgeous the venue was and LOVED the food. We really couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you to The Riverhouse and their amazing staff for a perfect wedding day!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Lindsay
10/26/2014

The Riverhouse is absolutely fantastic. We had such an enjoyable time working with them on our wedding. They were always very responsive to my emails and even made a last minute ceremony time change. Our wedding day was seamless and that is in most part because of the expertise The Riverhouse has with weddings. The food is phenomenal and enjoyed by all (even those with dietary restrictions). I would definitely recommend this venue!