The Resort at Longboat Key Club

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

I can't say enough great things about this venue! We had our wedding at their Harbourside Complex there last weekend with the ceremony outside on the lawn and our reception in the dining room. Kristin, our catering manager, was wonderful to work with throughout the planning process, she was responsive and had great suggestions to make the day work for us the way we wanted. Our guests raved about the food and the venue itself, it was all so beautiful and ran so smooth! They definitely know how to do weddings at the LBK Club! I loved having the harbor in the background and we were able to get some beautiful photos on the grounds. Also, our stay at the resort was incredible! Beautiful beach and water and they definitely took care of us complete with champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and rose petals when we walked in after our wedding night. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in the Sarasota area.

Private User
Recently Married

We had our rehearsal, ceremony and reception at the resort at longboat key club and couldn't have asked for a more beautiful location. We were planning our special day all the way in NY and Kristin was our coordinator- she was amazing about everything and even answered my sometimes 20 emails a day! The staff and everyone involved were morning short of amazing. They went out of their way to make everything perfect!! They even built a bouquet toss bouquet for me when the florist forgot to do one!!! The whole property was absolutely gorgeous- and we can't wait to go back on our 1st anniversary!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had the most incredible wedding at Longboat Key Club. Kristin was our wedding planner at the resort and she is just phenomenal! She always had quick replies and answers for all of my questions, even though she may have received several emails a day from my mom and me. She made the planning process so much easier. I trusted her with all of my needs and the wedding was beautiful. I didn't have to worry about how the reception area looked because I could trust Kristin was going to make sure everything was just perfect. My guests have told me the food was amazing. We had the stations and it was great. I was able to eat a little bit of the pasta station and it was amazing. I also heard from the guests the cocktail hour was amazing and so was the scenery. I would recommend this resort to anyone getting married! The staff is top-notch and very professional, willing to go above and beyond to make the wedding of our dreams.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The most beautiful place to be married! The location is amazing, the beach is a beautiful setting, the staff is incredibly helpful . They all make you feel like you are family and it shows in how and what they do. This is the perfect place for a very memorable beautiful wedding !

Private User
1+ year ago

Lauren Kinkaid was absolutely incredible and helped make our wedding dreams a reality. She was very responsive to emails and helped alleviate so much of the stress that comes with planning a wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Throughout the entire process of planning our wedding and reception at the Longboat Key Club, Cloe and her staff were extremely helpful and professional. Where the Resort really shined, though, was in execution the day of our events. We were floored by the level of service we and our guests received at our welcome reception held on Thursday evening as guests arrived and then also on Saturday the day of our wedding. Cloe and her staff were attentive to our every need. The week of our wedding tropical storm Debby rolled into town, derailing our plans of an Oceanside ceremony. You would have never known there was pounding rain and wind outside, though, because never once was I disturbed during our day-of primping by Cloe or any of her staff. She organized, coordinated and executed the day flawlessly. My family has loved LBK for a very long time for its natural beauty, and now we love it even more for the happy and special (albeit rainy) memories we have of our wedding day! Thank you Cloe for making our day so beautiful! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

OMG, what a beautiful wedding! The LBKC team was AMAZING. The service was phenomenal, the food incredible, and Cloe…unbelievable!

We honestly had the best day of our lives, our guest continue to rave that it was the “most elegant wedding they have ever been to!"

We couldn’t have done it without you.

I knew you guys were good, but this blew our expectations out of the water!!

Thanks again!

Mark
05/05/2012

Everything was Perfect! From the setting that was chosen, to the quality of food service ect.

Mark
05/05/2012

Absolutely perfect in every way!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies

This review is meant for Cloe Drapkin, the Catering Manager of Longboat Key Club. Cloe was absolutely amazing in handling the planning and coordination for my wedding from start to finish. She was so nice and thoughtful throughout each stage of the process and when my big day came she was there to keep me calm. She went the extra mile to send champagne to my room for me and my girls while we were getting ready and even helped me with my bustle prior to our introductions into the reception. There was a small hiccup with the hair stylist that we had booked and Cloe took the time to make sure everything was taken care of and made sure I didn't freak out. The resort itself was amazing, and the service all around was beyond extraordinary. If you are looking to plan a wedding near Sarasota, FL, Cloe needs to be your coordinator & Longboat Key Club is the place to do it!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Longboat Key Club and Resort made our day very special. The staff was very detail oriented, which made the day stress free. All of our guest commented on how wonderful the staff was making us very pleased with our choice of venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would definitely recommend the LBKC for any brides looking to have a beach wedding! We had our wedding ceremony on the beach and our reception for around 100 people in the Harbourside Dining Room. First, after comparing the costs in the Clearwater/St. Pete/Sarasota area, I found the Longboat Key Club to be the best value for an elegant beach wedding. It wasn't necessarily the cheapest but a good value for the quality of the resort. Second, the service that they provide was superb. They worked with me to tweak their packages to meet my needs and budget. Every e-mail that I sent to our wedding coordinator was answered thoroughly and quickly. Our rehearsal, ceremony and reception were flawless - they just really know what they are doing there. Our wedding cake was missing so they even went out and purchased a cake during the reception so that we would have something to cut and serve. Last, the location is unsurpassed as far as beach weddings go. The beach there is beautiful and the "isle" is a long boardwalk that leads down to the beach. It's what sold me on the location and made for some incredible photos. We got married during their high season so I was afraid that our ceremony would be bombarded with spring breakers but since the LBKC is the only big resort in the area, it wasn't crowded at all. And, they block off the boardwalk that leads down to your ceremony location so it feels more secluded. The Harbourside dining room was also great. I loved that the dance floor went right down the middle of the room so no tables were really "in the back". The room itself was just beautiful with windows all along the sides overlooking the marina and shutters covering the other walls. It had a very key west feel to it and it was great because we didn't have to spend a lot of money decorating it as we would have some of the plain ballrooms at some of the other resorts we looked at. If you're in the market for a beach wedding, definitely put it on your list of places to check out!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just had my wedding there and they went above and beyond. They have two wedding coordinators and both are fantastic. All my guests also loved the venue. We have had multiple requests to do our wedding all over again same time and place next year :-) They were great.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the Longboat key Club was so beautiful. I worked with Kristin who is absolutely amazing and I couldn't be happier that she was there every step of the way. God knows I bugged her plenty with lots of random questions and changes along the way but she was always flexible. The food was really great and all of our guests kept raving about how wonderful everything was. They said it was the best wedding they've ever been to!

Annie
05/27/2012

I would highly recommend having your wedding at LBK. The service was amazing. The staff was very helpful, responsive to our every needs and caring.

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Photography, Videography

The entire staff at Longboat Key Club was wonderful!! I thoroughly enjoyed working with them during the planning process and they were able to provide several great recommendations for local vendors. Our wedding day was truly amazing!