The Old Mill

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

Don has worked with us to make the perfect wedding. Will update review after Sept 20th 2015!

Recently Married

The Old Mill is the perfect place for a wedding! The ceremony site is beautiful and inside reception area is perfect. This was one of the first sites we visited and we instantly fell in love with the place. Conner Catering is the exclusive caterer and we couldn't have been happier! Conner Catering does not have food tastings but everything we had was delicious. We opted for a family style and all the guests raved about the food and there was plenty for everyone. You supply the booze which can be a money saver. Don is really straightforward and to the point but he really knows his stuff!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Robert
11/07/2014

The Old Mill was perfect for a late fall Wedding. Many people said it felt like an Irish Garden. Warm & welcoming. I'm sure it is GREAT year round.

1+ year ago

The Venue turned out better than I expected when I arrived on my wedding day. The staff was great and was very attentive to all of the quest. The Food was amazing, Donald Conner really knows what he is doing. We couldn't have asked for a better day. We are so thankful that everything went accordingly. Thank you for everything!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot thank you guys enough for all you did to make our wedding day absolutely perfect. From the food to the professional staff, we couldn't have been happier! We are still smiling!

We chose to get married on 11/8/13 in the stunning courtyard with the faux ceiling and stone arches. It was BEAUTIFUL, but, a little chilly. Without asking, Jeanne and Don put a cute little cart filled with hot apple cider and ginger snaps by the entrance to the venue. Our guests LOVED it! They also went around to our guests with special dietary needs and prepared special meals for them. Our niece and nephews even got chicken fingers and fries - they were in heaven!

The bar staff was fabulous and the service was impeccable! Lena, Mike and Dion especially stood out. But, everyone was outstanding (I just couldn't remember all of their names).

The bamboo garden was a HUGE hit with the family and photographer. Cocktail hour, under the tent, was decorated beautifully. Our guests couldn't stop raving about the appetizers. And, the portions were incredible! They went in for dinner and didn't realize they were getting more food!

We seriously cannot thank you enough for making our day perfect. Bravo to The Old Mill, Conner Catering, Fresh Florist Designs and Doughmain Bakery! But, especially to Jeanne and Don Conner.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the Old Mill on September 14, 2013 was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! We had the ceremony in the River View location surrounded by beautiful tress. As I crossed over the little stone bridge with my father, my breath was taken away with the beautiful scenery. The rays of sunlight were shining down on us through the trees and it looked so magical. It felt like a dream.

We had cocktail hour in the tent and the Garden Courtyard. I honestly didn't even make it to the tent because we set up a beer garden with our favorite microbrews in the stone courtyard and the ambience was to die for.

The staff of Conner Catering at the Old Mill delivered top notch service. From the point of us arriving to the last song played, they were flawless. The event coordinator Lena was exceptional. She took the time to make sure all of our little details were met and most importantly made sure we enjoyed the food at cocktail hour and our first meal together as husband and wife.

All of our guests were raving about how gorgeous the venue was and how impressed they were with the food and service. I couldn't believe how PERFECT everything turned out. I can not give enough thanks to Donald and his staff at Conner Catering for delivering such and unforgettable day. THANK YOU!!!

1+ year ago

We loved the setting, the food was great. Everyone was very helpful and professional. Very happy with our choice.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Old Mill is a gorgeous venue! There are so many beautiful locations to hold a ceremony outdoors as well as indoor alternative(s) if necessary. The staff was absolutely amazing and always thinking one step ahead of us on the evening of our wedding. The venue is very flexible and accommodating. We loved every minute of our wedding day and highly recommend working with The Old Mill!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is absolutely stunning and unique. We had our ceremony and reception on premises and everything went seamlessly. The staff is professional and friendly and the ambiance is breathtaking.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Don is fabulous and that venue is beautiful. We had a surprise wedding for 70 guests and Don was so supportive and excited about our idea. He is honest and up front which I really appreciate. My husband and I were paying a large portion of the wedding on our own and Don worked within our budget. He was also understanding that we did not want the traditional stuffy wedding but a relaxed atmosphere where guests would have a great meal and enjoy all of the beautiful grounds at OldMill. Little does Don know that I will be calling him for baptisms, anniversary parties, etc, I will find an event so we can return to Old Mill and work with Don again. Our guests are still calling our parents and commenting on the quality of the food and the how accommodating his staff was to our families. Thank you Don for such a beautiful day!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Loved this space. Got so many compliments on the unique venue. We were not able to have our wedding by the tree due to the weather but had it in the courtyard which I think might have worked out better for the beautiful pictures we got! Conner Catering is the exclusive caterer here and they are wonderful as well

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was a guest at a wedding and it was absolutely perfect except for one thing, but it was not related to the old mill. After a night of celebrating, eating and drinking with the bride and groom a designated driver picked us up and on our way out we were stopped by a man who I am assuming was a neighbor. He took our photograph as we were leaving for "proof." proof of what I am not sure, but it was very strange and I am concerned about the use of these photos. I know this is out of the control of the old mill, but it was such a perfect night and for it to end with some creepy old man taking a photograph of our faces and vehicle without our permission made me very uncomfortable. Again I know this is not the the old mills responsibility but it was a awkward end to a beautiful night.

The Old Mill responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your review. We're not really sure who that person was or why they were taking your picture, but we will look into this matter immediately. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding this past weekend at The Old Mill was absolutely perfect! We have received so many compliments about our venue and our food and everyone had such a great time. Donald and his staff are amazing. Special thanks to Vera who made sure we were well taken care of all night. Our reception was in the smaller outdoor courtyard, then cocktails under the tent, followed by dinner and dancing in the ballroom, and ending with dessert back out in the redecorated courtyard. Every transition was handled smoothly and each area was beautiful in its own way. Our photographer loved all of the scenery and the countless photo-ops. The area is so much more beautiful and romantic than any hotel ballroom could ever be. I would highly recommend this venue and Conner Catering to all brides, it could not have been better. My only complaint is that the night went too fast!

Dear Kerry and Michael,

Thank you for extending Conner Catering, Inc. the opportunity to cater your wedding. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and we wish you both many years of wedded bliss and good health...Cheers!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the GORGOUS Old Mill in Rose Valley Pa on August 18, 2012. The place is like a dream! If you are looking for a different wedding venue you will love The Old Mill. Our guests were blown away by the beauty of the inside and outside spaces. Conner Catering is the exclusive caterer for the Old Mill. Donald and his staff were amazing. Donald was such a valuable resource during the entire planning process. I was able to really customize our wedding from the chair choices and linens to the endless food choices and dessert options. Donald really listened to my ideas and gave suggestions to make sure everything worked perfectly together. Not only was the food out of this world (our guests are still talking about it) but his staff made sure that every one of my little details was executed beautifully. My very dear friends were the florists for the wedding and were so impressed by the staff’s attention to detail, willingness to help, and over all professionalism. The day was flawless! Our guests continue to talk about the amazing time they had at our wedding. Thank you so much to Conner Catering for helping to make the day magical...we will forever be grateful!!

The Old Mill responded with the following comments:

You are so welcome Kelley. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Michael. Wishing you many years of wedded bliss and good health.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot say enough wonderful things about our wedding reception at the Old Mill! Every detail of our wedding day was perfect, Conner Catering and their team at the Old Mill exceeded our expectations!
The only area where we can see any room for improvement is in responsiveness- this is primarily in the early stages of contact, it can take some time to get phone calls returned. However once you do and you sit down to meet with Don Conner (the exclusive caterer for the Old Mill), you have his undivided attention- he is absolutely incredible! He knows the venue so well, shares his ideas, and most importantly gives honest feedback based on all of his experience.
The day of team was amazing- Jeanne Conner was a dream and made sure that my vision was executed perfectly, Leena was so attentive, she took amazing care of us and was constantly checking in to ensure that I had everything that I needed. All of the servers and bar tenders were great, too, super helpful and polite.
The Old Mill is an absolutely gorgeous venue, the grounds are lovely- absolutely perfect for pictures. Our guests were blown away by the setting and loved the food (more on that in the Conner Catering review).

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Old Mill was everything we could have asked for. We had the most beautiful day and the most wonderful setting. The staff was very attentive and on the ball with everything. I have received rave reviews from the guests about how amazing our wedding was and how smooth everything progressed through the day. I owe that to Donald Conner and his staff out at the Old Mill. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants things to go perfect! Thank you guys.