The Nordstrom Wedding Suite

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

I worked with Michelle at the wedding suite and she was awesome. I only met with her twice before making my decision and I never felt pressured. She was honest with her opinions and was able to bring me dresses I never even considered, yet looked great on me. The one I chose was one I actually walked right by, but she thought would fit me well. It was much less expensive than the one I was originally considering, but Michelle was honest with me and told me the less expensive one was THE ONE. Couldn't be happier :)

Recently Married

The girl at the jewelry counter helped me find my earrings and bracelets as well as all of my bridesmaids gifts! She was sooooo helpful and patient with me.

Services Used: Jewelry
0.6

I made an appointment weeks in advance for all 6 of my bridesmaids to check out the Donna Morgan Dresses I loved on Nordstoms site. I filled out a detailed description of the dresses, styles and colors I was interested in. Sana Majeed was assigned to take care of us. Upon arriving the dress colors were not all pulled and some were not even available in the store to view. I really wish they had let me know this prior to coming in that day, had I known this, I could have either ordered them in advance or been prepared when thinking of my color scheme. I have one plus size girl in my party who ended up crying out of embarrassment because all the sample sizes were too small to get a realistic idea of what she would look like in the dress :( We left knowing the colors we loved but no one understood what size they were. We weren't offered water until we were almost done with our apt and another party came in and was offered waters right away. Not a good experience at all.

3.9

Finding my perfect dress has been easier than I expected. I had visited a few independent salons and thought I'd buy my gown from them but was surprised to find my dress at a big retailer!
I met with my stylist Nyesha and from day 1 we clicked. She listened to my thoughts and gathered all the details I was looking for and found me THE dress that fit all those requirements PLUS was under my budget. I couldn't be happier with my choice!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Grace is a miracle worker! She helped me find the perfect dress, seamstress, and look! She was always available when I had questions and to reassure when nerves got the better of me (and my mother). She was so patient and her eye for detail is great.

3.6

Nordstrom's off the shelf selection of wedding and bridesmaid dresses was perfect. I was had m sure in peak season Jan - Aug it would be more challenging to recover.

2.5

Dresses were somewhat expensive but very nice, but service just so-so. Very chaotic.

1.0

Avoid using Nordstrom's Wedding Suite in Paramus, NJ. I took my bridesmaids there to look for their dresses and let's just say it was a waste of time. They had limited colors and limited sizes and when asked about the option to try on their actual sizes, my bridesmaids were told they would have to order a sample dress in the color and size they were interested in, wait for it to arrive and then return to try it on. If they didn't like it or it didn't fit, they could return it. Seems counterintuitive. So, we did what we should have done from the beginning and went to David's Bridal. They had everything we asked for and more and we even walked out of the store with the dresses ordered. No attitudes, no poor customer service skills and the experience was very pleasant. Will never recommend Nordstrom's Wedding Suite to anyone.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Nordstrom was amazing, as always. Had to order the dress, shipped faster than promised. Was packaged so nicely! Super impressed.

0.7

Usually Nordstrom has amazing customer service. Its almost a well known fact about this company. So, I am in utter shock at the experience I have had at NOrdstrom Bridal in Merrick Park,Miami, Fl.
We ordered our dresses in January and were told they would be here by April 24. A month after we ordered the dresses, the maid of honor discovered she was pregnant. She immediately called to inform them. Miriam told her that there was nothing she could do at this point, despite the fact that the wedding is in June and that the dresses had just been ordered. She actually told her, "try not to gain weight". I find it difficult to understand how nothing could be done when such a short time frame had passed.
I also find it shocking nothing could be done when April 24 came and went. We received no phone calls letting us know our dresses were running late. We called May 5 and were told that the dresses were on their way (after two phone calls where we were told to call back because someone was sick). No one could tell us exactly where the dresses were and when to expect them. I find that interesting as in 2014, tracking numbers are a daily fixture.
Finally we were told the dresses would be here by today, May 15. Three weeks late and three weeks until our wedding. We all need alterations, especially our pregnant maid of honor. At this point I personally have still not been contacted for an apology. What I have gotten are three days of phone calls demanding my remaining balance on the dress, when I told them I would pay the balance when I picked up the dress. I have been a bridesmaid NINE times and have NEVER witnessed anything like this. It is rude, inconsiderate, and just a complete lack of any customer service whatsoever. We had to demand free alterations - we weren't even offered that as compensation. Being a bridesmaid or bride is stressful enough without horrible customer service. Stay away.

The Nordstrom Wedding Suite responded with the following comments:

Dear Customer,

I sincerely apologize for the experience that you had with Nordstrom. Weddings are very stressful and I am embarrassed at the fact that we have caused so much inconvenience and frustration.

I want to make this right, as we value you as a customer. If you could please give me a call at your earliest convenience at 206 303 6721, that would be great.

La Nae J
Nordstrom
Special Occasion Supervisor

0.0

How Nordstrom ruined my wedding. The saga starts in the shoe department, when I had shoes shipped to me from King of Prussia because they did not have my size. The shoes were shipped to California to a defunct address (at least 8 years old). Fortunately, I still own the house and my renter re-shipped them to me, with me paying the shipping charges. When they arrived, they were too small- and guess what? Nordstom's was out of the size I need. To Lord and Taylor for another pair of shoes.
Next I went to get a dress in the wedding suite. The dress was picked, measurements made and I waited 3 months. I ordered extra material to make a jacket or shawl. When the material arrived, no one contacted me. I had to follow up with Nordstrom's to find out when it arrived. No apologies for not having been called. When the dress arrived, it did not fit. No apologies, nothing from the women who waited on me. I was just sent away saying that someone would contact me the next day. As wedding was only a month away, I was panicked. Late the next day, I was called and told that a dress would be expedited in a larger size. Today I was called and told they would "fix" the dress that was too small. How that is going to happen, I have no idea.
So now I have shoes, hat, cumberbund and tie, material and a jacket that I paid to have made.....none of which is likely to be used as I sincerely doubt this will have a happy ending.
The complete lack of customer service by the women who waited on me the night I discovered the dress did not fit and the different "stories" I have been given as to how they will make this work rates Nordstrom's a zero for customer service and professionalism.

The Nordstrom Wedding Suite responded with the following comments:

Dear Customer,

Regards,

La Nae J
Nordstrom
Special Occasion Supervisor

Hannah
05/11/2014

I recently had the pleasure of working with Rikki at the Bridal Suite in Houston. She was awesome! She made all the right suggestions to make sure I looked perfect head to toe and helped me stay way under my budget. Rikki, thank you for helping me achieve my perfect bridal look!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

My experience here has been phenomenal. My stylist, Breanna, was the absolute best! She helped me find the dress of my dreams (literally, she picked it out and had me try it on) AND kept me within my budget. She's been nothing but helpful, I even got my bridesmaids dresses from her, and she's helping me through my alterations process. I've had nothing but wonderful experiences here and I'm happier with the whole experience than I thought possible :)

Services Used: Dress & Attire

It takes Nordstrom's exceptional service to make our dress shopping nothing but fun! We dressed the bride, the mother and grandmother of the bride, and the flower girl all at the bridal boutique in Tyson's thanks to Christa! All we had to do was try on and then sit on the couch! She brought everything to us from undergarments, bridal party gifts, jewelry, make-up, accessories and shoes! It was the best experience for all of us!

Services Used: Dress & Attire, Jewelry
0.0

My daughter checked your schedule to find an appointment date. Yesterday all appointments were filled. She selected another date. However, we were at the store and decided to stop by the wedding dress section just to take a look at your dresses. Three store clerks were chatting with themselves the first time we circled, and did not approach us. The second time one of them did, asking if we had an appointment scheduled. She said we could go ahead and look at the dresses by ourselves, and if we saw any, she would note that in the appointment book. She went back to chatting. After awhile she introduced my daughter to one of the women as the one who would be her coordinator on appointment day. That was the extent of help. There were obviously no appointments while we were there, and the help was minimal because the clerks were too busy with themselves. Of course, why help if an appointment was later in the month? The attitude was one of complete disinterest, friendly but not helpful.
We left, went to a designer shop down the street and found three women, including the designer, more than willing to take time from a photo shoot to help my daughter. The level of service was outstanding at Loly's. i am sure you can understand why we will spend 3800 for a dress there instead of at your shop, and why we think you deserve a 0 rating. Sadly the rest of your staff has always been so helpful in other departments over time. It came as a surprise to us that service at Nordstrom's was so lacking in the wedding department. My suggestion is that you train your clerks to at least appear interested even if they would prefer spending their time chatting with each other. The shop with the service gets the business.

Marisa
11/30/2013

The Nordstrom Wedding Suite at La Cantera in San Antonio was about the 3rd dress shop I went to when I was shopping for my wedding dress. By far, the ladies at the Wedding Suite provided the best service! I scheduled an appointment, answered some questions via email, and when I arrived at my appointment, Emily, my consultant had already pulled three dresses based on what I said I was looking for. She listened to everything I had to say and never made me feel rushed or insignificant. Every time I walked into the Wedding Suite after purchasing my dress, everyone was extremely polite, professional, and friendly! They made the entire process enjoyable and stress-free! Thank you!