The Nordstrom Wedding Suite

The Nordstrom Wedding Suite

Tysons Corner Center
8075 Tysons Corner Center
McLean , VA 22102 | map
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of the Bride, Father of t...
Accessories: Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Undergarm...

Quality of Service:
Flexibility:
(4.5 / 5.0)
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with Michelle at the wedding suite and she was awesome. I only met with her twice before making my decision and I never felt pressured. She was honest with her opinions and was able to bring me dresses I never even considered, yet looked great on me. The one I chose was one I actually walked right by, but she thought would fit me well. It was much less expensive than the one I was originally considering, but Michelle was honest with me and told me the less expensive one was THE ONE. Couldn't be happier :)

• Wedding: [Private]
3.9/5.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Finding my perfect dress has been easier than I expected. I had visited a few independent salons and thought I'd buy my gown from them but was surprised to find my dress at a big retailer!
I met with my stylist Nyesha and from day 1 we clicked. She listened to my thoughts and gathered all the details I was looking for and found me THE dress that fit all those requirements PLUS was under my budget. I couldn't be happier with my choice!

• Wedding: 03/28/2015
2.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Dresses were somewhat expensive but very nice, but service just so-so. Very chaotic.

• Wedding: Recently Married
1 Review
1.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

Avoid using Nordstrom's Wedding Suite in Paramus, NJ. I took my bridesmaids there to look for their dresses and let's just say it was a waste of time. They had limited colors and limited sizes and when asked about the option to try on their actual sizes, my bridesmaids were told they would have to order a sample dress in the color and size they were interested in, wait for it to arrive and then return to try it on. If they didn't like it or it didn't fit, they could return it. Seems counterintuitive. So, we did what we should have done from the beginning and went to David's Bridal. They had everything we asked for and more and we even walked out of the store with the dresses ordered. No attitudes, no poor customer service skills and the experience was very pleasant. Will never recommend Nordstrom's Wedding Suite to anyone.

• Wedding: Recently Married
1 Review
0.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 1.0

Usually Nordstrom has amazing customer service. Its almost a well known fact about this company. So, I am in utter shock at the experience I have had at NOrdstrom Bridal in Merrick Park,Miami, Fl.
We ordered our dresses in January and were told they would be here by April 24. A month after we ordered the dresses, the maid of honor discovered she was pregnant. She immediately called to inform them. Miriam told her that there was nothing she could do at this point, despite the fact that the wedding is in June and that the dresses had just been ordered. She actually told her, "try not to gain weight". I find it difficult to understand how nothing could be done when such a short time frame had passed.
I also find it shocking nothing could be done when April 24 came and went. We received no phone calls letting us know our dresses were running late. We called May 5 and were told that the dresses were on their way (after two phone calls where we were told to call back because someone was sick). No one could tell us exactly where the dresses were and when to expect them. I find that interesting as in 2014, tracking numbers are a daily fixture.
Finally we were told the dresses would be here by today, May 15. Three weeks late and three weeks until our wedding. We all need alterations, especially our pregnant maid of honor. At this point I personally have still not been contacted for an apology. What I have gotten are three days of phone calls demanding my remaining balance on the dress, when I told them I would pay the balance when I picked up the dress. I have been a bridesmaid NINE times and have NEVER witnessed anything like this. It is rude, inconsiderate, and just a complete lack of any customer service whatsoever. We had to demand free alterations - we weren't even offered that as compensation. Being a bridesmaid or bride is stressful enough without horrible customer service. Stay away.

Dear Customer,

I sincerely apologize for the experience that you had with Nordstrom. Weddings are very stressful and I am embarrassed at the fact that we have caused so much inconvenience and frustration.

I want to make this right, as we value you as a customer. If you could please give me a call at your earliest convenience at 206 303 6721, that would be great.

La Nae J

• Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

How Nordstrom ruined my wedding. The saga starts in the shoe department, when I had shoes shipped to me from King of Prussia because they did not have my size. The shoes were shipped to California to a defunct address (at least 8 years old). Fortunately, I still own the house and my renter re-shipped them to me, with me paying the shipping charges. When they arrived, they were too small- and guess what? Nordstom's was out of the size I need. To Lord and Taylor for another pair of shoes.
Next I went to get a dress in the wedding suite. The dress was picked, measurements made and I waited 3 months. I ordered extra material to make a jacket or shawl. When the material arrived, no one contacted me. I had to follow up with Nordstrom's to find out when it arrived. No apologies for not having been called. When the dress arrived, it did not fit. No apologies, nothing from the women who waited on me. I was just sent away saying that someone would contact me the next day. As wedding was only a month away, I was panicked. Late the next day, I was called and told that a dress would be expedited in a larger size. Today I was called and told they would "fix" the dress that was too small. How that is going to happen, I have no idea.
So now I have shoes, hat, cumberbund and tie, material and a jacket that I paid to have made.....none of which is likely to be used as I sincerely doubt this will have a happy ending.
The complete lack of customer service by the women who waited on me the night I discovered the dress did not fit and the different "stories" I have been given as to how they will make this work rates Nordstrom's a zero for customer service and professionalism.

Regards,

La Nae J
Nordstrom

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My experience here has been phenomenal. My stylist, Breanna, was the absolute best! She helped me find the dress of my dreams (literally, she picked it out and had me try it on) AND kept me within my budget. She's been nothing but helpful, I even got my bridesmaids dresses from her, and she's helping me through my alterations process. I've had nothing but wonderful experiences here and I'm happier with the whole experience than I thought possible :)

• Wedding: 05/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It takes Nordstrom's exceptional service to make our dress shopping nothing but fun! We dressed the bride, the mother and grandmother of the bride, and the flower girl all at the bridal boutique in Tyson's thanks to Christa! All we had to do was try on and then sit on the couch! She brought everything to us from undergarments, bridal party gifts, jewelry, make-up, accessories and shoes! It was the best experience for all of us!

• Wedding: 04/12/2014
Services Used: Dress & Attire, Jewelry
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

My daughter checked your schedule to find an appointment date. Yesterday all appointments were filled. She selected another date. However, we were at the store and decided to stop by the wedding dress section just to take a look at your dresses. Three store clerks were chatting with themselves the first time we circled, and did not approach us. The second time one of them did, asking if we had an appointment scheduled. She said we could go ahead and look at the dresses by ourselves, and if we saw any, she would note that in the appointment book. She went back to chatting. After awhile she introduced my daughter to one of the women as the one who would be her coordinator on appointment day. That was the extent of help. There were obviously no appointments while we were there, and the help was minimal because the clerks were too busy with themselves. Of course, why help if an appointment was later in the month? The attitude was one of complete disinterest, friendly but not helpful.
We left, went to a designer shop down the street and found three women, including the designer, more than willing to take time from a photo shoot to help my daughter. The level of service was outstanding at Loly's. i am sure you can understand why we will spend 3800 for a dress there instead of at your shop, and why we think you deserve a 0 rating. Sadly the rest of your staff has always been so helpful in other departments over time. It came as a surprise to us that service at Nordstrom's was so lacking in the wedding department. My suggestion is that you train your clerks to at least appear interested even if they would prefer spending their time chatting with each other. The shop with the service gets the business.

• Wedding: 03/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Nordstrom Wedding Suite at La Cantera in San Antonio was about the 3rd dress shop I went to when I was shopping for my wedding dress. By far, the ladies at the Wedding Suite provided the best service! I scheduled an appointment, answered some questions via email, and when I arrived at my appointment, Emily, my consultant had already pulled three dresses based on what I said I was looking for. She listened to everything I had to say and never made me feel rushed or insignificant. Every time I walked into the Wedding Suite after purchasing my dress, everyone was extremely polite, professional, and friendly! They made the entire process enjoyable and stress-free! Thank you!

• Wedding: 11/30/2013
Marisa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I searched for eight hours and walked four malls and came home with a mediocre Mother of the Bride dress. When I heard there was a Wedding Suite at the Topanga Nordstrom's I called and made an appointment. My daughter came with me and in a half hour I found the dress AND shoes of my dreams. I received so many compliments on my dress. I owe it all to Merrie who was so kind and attentive as I tried on several dresses. I couldn't be happier with my dress.

• Wedding: 10/18/2013
Julie
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I loved the ease of ordering through Nordstrom's online wedding suite! They had a large variety of jewelry items that were very reasonably priced and were beautiful! The hardest thing about it was choosing what to buy. Everything shipped free and very quickly.

AlmostMrsAJMjr
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I came to the wedding suite with my bridesmaids and mother,grandmother and future mother in law for bridesmaids dress shopping. Once we arrived we were stared at for a few minutes until I decided to ask someone where to go or what we should do. Then the girl there asks me if I have an appointment. Finally I tell her yes and the lady's name that is supposed to be helping us. Then we get settled in to the changing room area. The lady helping us had pulled dresses and shoes for my party which was very nice but the whole time it just seemed like she had better things to do or just wanted us to leave. Don't get me wrong she was helpful but towards the end it just seemed like she could care less. My appointment was for an hour for a reason! Eventually I ended up pulling dresses for the girls myself. Then when my mom asked her if there were dresses that she could try on she said there were only size 10 and down. She lied! I found some 18's on the store floor. It just seemed like she did not want to help us and wanted us out of there fast. The dresses were beautiful and I will be going with them but with no thanks to the wedding suite staff at tyson's corner.

Dear Customer,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I am terribly sorry to hear about the recent experience you had with the Wedding Suite at Nordstrom Tysons Corner Center. Making sure you and your wedding party look beautiful on your wedding day is a goal we take pride in, and I am sorry we let you down. I am forwarding your feedback to the Wedding Suite manager at Tyson's so she is aware of this. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention.

La Nae Jackson
Nordstrom.com

BrideyBride89
3.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Nordstrom Bridal Suite at Lone Tree: Overall I loved my dress and the comfort of their store. While I was getting my dress the turn over was very high. Once I tracked down the correct people I received great service. I believe they have fixed that problem (thus why I downgraded, but have a good review). I've also bought a brides maid dress from the Lone Tree store and receive excellent service.

• Flexibility: 5.0

We used Nordstrom for so many things for our wedding, and their service throughout the whole experience was OUTSTANDING. Here's the rundown: my groom was custom-fitted for his suit in their men's department. My now FIL also was fitted for a new spiffy suit for the occasion. My MIL bought a beautiful gown in the formalwear section of the store and her shoes for the occasion as well. Back at her Nordstrom she also received alterations. I procured from Nordstrom dancing shoes for the party (lace ivory Toms), a lip gloss esp. for the day from Mac (with CJ helping me), and a perfume just for the day as well (a fantastic scent that the gals from Jo Malone helped me pick out). Top knotch service!!!!!

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
Services Used: Beauty & Health, Dress & Attire
3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

If you have the money to spend on a designer gown, SPEND IT!! They cater to every brides need!

703-761-1121
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire