The Makery Cake Company

The Makery Cake Company

Denver's Most Creative Cake Shop

8203 S Holly St
Littleton, CO 80122 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pas...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Organic, Vegan
Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our cake was stunning! We were referred to The Makery by our reception venue (Maggiano's Little Italy) and could not have been more pleased. Our consultant Nicole was so nice, she was great to work with. The owner Dez is also very sweet and more than willing to make sure everything was exactly as we wanted it. We really loved the little "sweatheart cake" that we got to take with us after the reception since we did not have much of a chance to sit down and eat at the reception itself! We're REALLY looking forward to our one-year anniversary so we can have more of their delicious cake. Not only was the cake beautiful, it was TASTY!

Do yourself a favor and at least visit them for a tasting. We were totally sold on their white genoise cake, and we received TONS of compliments from guests about the cake's appearance and flavor - even from self-professed "cake haters"!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Munashi
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The pink champagne cake was amazing!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Cake was excellent my husband can't stop eating it and price was reasonable, staff was very helpful when we met them before our wedding they were very helpful even suggesting other vendor and they have free tasting compared to the other bakery that they were charging us for the tasting, cake was beautiful

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
Ana
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Makery was wonderful to work with. After trying several other bakeries, my husband and I were frustrated. We wanted to have cupcakes at our wedding with a jumbo cupcake for us to cut. Other bakeries charged us for pans, didn't offer regular size cupcakes, or weren't able to make the large cupcake. The Makery was able to do everything we wanted and more. They let us try flavors of cupcakes for free, sat down with us one and one and helped us design our beautiful cake. And the entire facility is nut free, which was so important as we had a guest with a severe nut allergy. They even sent us a personalized thank you card after we signed our contract! Our cake and cupcake turned out beautifully and tasted delicious! I would highly recommend for brides looking for personalized attention and a great tasting cake.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Makery did an exceptional job with our wedding cake! It was beautiful and exactly what we wanted! We wanted our dogs' footprints on the cake, and they did it perfectly! The cake was also delicious! We received so many compliments from our guests! Many said it was the best wedding cake they have ever tasted! We couldn't agree more! I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Makery was great! Our cake was beautiful and delicious. They offered us better service and a lower price than the other bakeries we tried.

• Flexibility: 5.0

We received many compliments on both the appearance and the taste of the cake we chose for our wedding. We had some fairly complicated design requests and all were easily accomodated. We are very glad that we chose The Makery for our wedding cake.

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I used the Makery for my wedding cake. We had a three tier cake with 3 different flavors and it was absolutely delicious! We had shopped around and had a little bit of sticker shock at the prices we found for wedding cakes. We met with Desiree and absolutely fell in love with the cake samples we had. We told Desiree the price range we wanted to be in and she helped us pick out a cake that we liked in a price range we were happy with. The Makery was on time with the cake and it was beautiful. The cake was so delicious many of our guests had second helpings.

• Wedding: 08/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a wedding with appr. 50 people. When we went to the taste testing, which is every Sunday - genius!!, we could not decide on a cake and ordered three tiers that would feed almost 80 people. The cake looked amazing. Just like we had it envisioned. Since we ordered a bigger cake we were looking forward to lots of left overs. Because from previous weddings we attended, we knew there is always tons left and not everyone will have cake. Unfortunately there was not a crumb left of our cake. It was devoured. Guests could not stop talking about how good the cake was.
But The Makery will make you an extra small cake just for the bride and groom. Which I could not wait to dig into the next day. And it still tasted amazing. Also you will get an anniversary cake, so you do not have to freeze anything.
I can only recommend this place if you need a cake of any kind. They are well worth the money.

• Flexibility: 5.0

The cake they created for me was so beautiful, I didn't want to cut it! It was exactly what I asked for, yet more beautiful than I was anticipating. Tasted great!

• Wedding: 06/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Makery Cake Company was wonderful to work with for our wedding cake needs. We ordered three flavors of cupcakes and they were all delicious and beautifully presented! The process of taste testing, ordering, and delivery the day of was so easy! We would highly recommend The Makery for any event!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely delicious cake. The design and the taste of the cake was spectacular. They produced a cake that was talked about for a very long time. The staff worked with us closely and called to make for sure they had everything correct a couple of days before the wedding.

• Wedding: 03/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Yum and beautiful! And our cake was all fake, except for the topping and no one knew!

• Flexibility: 5.0

After searching through so many over priced bakeries in Denver, my husband and I were thankful to find The Makery. They were absolutely lovely from the get go. They knew exactly what we were looking for and all of my guests couldn't stop raving about the cake! Such lovely people!

• Wedding: 01/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our cake was unbelievable! It was everything that I wanted, and all of it was eaten. We chose a pink champagne flavor with a fresh strawberry filling. It was a three tiered cake with an ivory background, and white mountains and pine trees for decor. The Makery was wonderful and easy to work with, and my cake was everything that I wanted and more.

• Wedding: 12/30/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone at The Makery did a wonderful job making the cupcakes for my wedding. I gave them the theme of the wedding -- steampunk -- and they ran with it, making everything more wonderful than I could have thought of myself. The process of ordering quantities and how everything was supposed to work was handled very well.

• Wedding: 10/31/2013
Melissa
720-270-4042
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards