The Makery Cake Company

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

DEEEEEELISH!!! The cake is awesome- doesn't matter which flavor you choose. The atmosphere in there is small and makes you feel special since they only see one couple at a time. This made things so much easier for us to choose, and not feel rushed or pressured. The staff is great and so enjoyable to work with- they really know their stuff! Can't wait for the big day- they will kill it for us :)

Ashley
07/11/2015

People cannot stop raving about our cake! The funfetti was a hit and people said the pink champagne was delicious. The cake looked exactly how we imagined. The biggest bonus was having our own sweetheart cake to take to the hotel. We didn't get a very big piece at the reception so it was a perfect late night snack after everything settled down. Thanks and can't wait for our 1 year anniversary cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Desiree was the best person to take care of our dessert for our wedding!
I found it best to communicate with one person (in our case we were SO lucky it was Des!) to avoid confusion, and she completely understood what we wanted for our dessert bar and was very creative with little flourishes to make the cupcakes, cheesecake and other little desserts extra special!
Also it was super delicious, the best wedding dessert I've had!

Munashi
10/11/2014

Our cake was stunning! We were referred to The Makery by our reception venue (Maggiano's Little Italy) and could not have been more pleased. Our consultant Nicole was so nice, she was great to work with. The owner Dez is also very sweet and more than willing to make sure everything was exactly as we wanted it. We really loved the little "sweatheart cake" that we got to take with us after the reception since we did not have much of a chance to sit down and eat at the reception itself! We're REALLY looking forward to our one-year anniversary so we can have more of their delicious cake. Not only was the cake beautiful, it was TASTY!

Do yourself a favor and at least visit them for a tasting. We were totally sold on their white genoise cake, and we received TONS of compliments from guests about the cake's appearance and flavor - even from self-professed "cake haters"!

Recently Married

The pink champagne cake was amazing!!

Ana
09/27/2014

Cake was excellent my husband can't stop eating it and price was reasonable, staff was very helpful when we met them before our wedding they were very helpful even suggesting other vendor and they have free tasting compared to the other bakery that they were charging us for the tasting, cake was beautiful

Laura
09/27/2014

The Makery was wonderful to work with. After trying several other bakeries, my husband and I were frustrated. We wanted to have cupcakes at our wedding with a jumbo cupcake for us to cut. Other bakeries charged us for pans, didn't offer regular size cupcakes, or weren't able to make the large cupcake. The Makery was able to do everything we wanted and more. They let us try flavors of cupcakes for free, sat down with us one and one and helped us design our beautiful cake. And the entire facility is nut free, which was so important as we had a guest with a severe nut allergy. They even sent us a personalized thank you card after we signed our contract! Our cake and cupcake turned out beautifully and tasted delicious! I would highly recommend for brides looking for personalized attention and a great tasting cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The Makery did an exceptional job with our wedding cake! It was beautiful and exactly what we wanted! We wanted our dogs' footprints on the cake, and they did it perfectly! The cake was also delicious! We received so many compliments from our guests! Many said it was the best wedding cake they have ever tasted! We couldn't agree more! I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

1+ year ago

The Makery was great! Our cake was beautiful and delicious. They offered us better service and a lower price than the other bakeries we tried.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We received many compliments on both the appearance and the taste of the cake we chose for our wedding. We had some fairly complicated design requests and all were easily accomodated. We are very glad that we chose The Makery for our wedding cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I used the Makery for my wedding cake. We had a three tier cake with 3 different flavors and it was absolutely delicious! We had shopped around and had a little bit of sticker shock at the prices we found for wedding cakes. We met with Desiree and absolutely fell in love with the cake samples we had. We told Desiree the price range we wanted to be in and she helped us pick out a cake that we liked in a price range we were happy with. The Makery was on time with the cake and it was beautiful. The cake was so delicious many of our guests had second helpings.

1+ year ago

We had a wedding with appr. 50 people. When we went to the taste testing, which is every Sunday - genius!!, we could not decide on a cake and ordered three tiers that would feed almost 80 people. The cake looked amazing. Just like we had it envisioned. Since we ordered a bigger cake we were looking forward to lots of left overs. Because from previous weddings we attended, we knew there is always tons left and not everyone will have cake. Unfortunately there was not a crumb left of our cake. It was devoured. Guests could not stop talking about how good the cake was.
But The Makery will make you an extra small cake just for the bride and groom. Which I could not wait to dig into the next day. And it still tasted amazing. Also you will get an anniversary cake, so you do not have to freeze anything.
I can only recommend this place if you need a cake of any kind. They are well worth the money.

Jennifer
07/04/2014

The wedding cake tasted so good! I was eating leftovers for far longer than I probably should have because I just couldn't throw it away. Best cake ever. The grooms cake was a sight to see! Like a piece of art.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake they created for me was so beautiful, I didn't want to cut it! It was exactly what I asked for, yet more beautiful than I was anticipating. Tasted great!

1+ year ago

The Makery Cake Company was wonderful to work with for our wedding cake needs. We ordered three flavors of cupcakes and they were all delicious and beautifully presented! The process of taste testing, ordering, and delivery the day of was so easy! We would highly recommend The Makery for any event!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Absolutely delicious cake. The design and the taste of the cake was spectacular. They produced a cake that was talked about for a very long time. The staff worked with us closely and called to make for sure they had everything correct a couple of days before the wedding.