The Mackey House

Value
Flexibility
Private User
[Private]

The most beautiful venue Savannah has to offer!!!!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

We agree! But more than the beauty is the uniqueness of the venue - gardens, lake, pavilion, party deck and more. A couple can truly choose the setting that matches the look and feel they wanted for wedding day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Mackey House really made our wedding so special....Dave Gibson was amazing, he really took care of us and because of him and the staff there, we were 100% satisfied with the way everything turned out....We can't thank the Mackey House enough. They are truly amazing and every Savannah Wedding should take place at the Mackey House :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Mackey House did an excellent job helping me to pla

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I couldn't be more happy with how my wedding went! Dave went above and beyond, I kept changing my mind, ideas and was very neurotic but he kept me calm and made my day better than I could ever imagine. Even up to the day before my wedding, they had no issues changing everything. Susanna as well was just as accommodating. I would highly recommend anyone to have their wedding/event here. I was what you would say a "shy" bride but Dave made me feel comfortable and made sure I truly enjoyed this once in a life time day. I can't say thank you enough

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

The Mackey House is truly a hidden gem in the city of Savannah! My daughter and her fiancé chose this location for their destination wedding, and even though I live near the area, I wasn't familiar with it. As the mother of the bride and "unofficial" wedding planner, I was thrilled when I toured the house and grounds and met the Mackeys and their staff - their mission is to make your event the best ever! I especially enjoyed working with Susanna, their wedding coordinator - she was so helpful and responsive, and had great ideas for us. And Dave - he is THE BEST! He is a pre-wedding coordinator, the day of MC and DJ, and all around great guy - we highly recommend having him "orchestrate" your special day! He really does think of everything!

We used vendors recommended and preferred by the Mackey House, and even though we had a small issue with catering and the heaters (it was cold that night!), the Mackeys and their staff went out of their way to make sure the evening was spectacular. We are still receiving compliments from our guests on the "magical" time they had at Amy and Shawn's wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We traveled all the way from Sydney Australia to have our wedding at the Mackey House. Having never seen the property it could have been absolute disaster to say the least.

Usually, people are let down when they see beautiful images of a venue online and then see it in real life only to find the pictures look nothing like the venue. The Mackey House is the complete opposite... the venue photos do not even do this beautiful property justice - It's far prettier in real life (if that's even possible! !)

The fairy lights, the ceremony space, the reception area - everything was perfection. Well worth the travel from Australia and we couldn't be happier in choosing the Mackey House for our wedding! Our guests too loved the property and are still raving about it!

PS Dave Gibson is amazing. If you want to ensure your wedding goes off without a hitch he is a MUST to hire!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My employer held an area sales meeting in Savannah this week and we wanted to have a relaxed evening out with a lowcountry boil and oyster roast at a pretty southern venue. The Mackey house exceeded our expectations. Susanna and Trey took all of my requirements down and coordinated travel to and from the hotel, food/beverage, and a live band for the evening. All of my colleagues were thoroughly impressed as the Mackey house is the epitome of an elegant lowcountry plantation. The outdoor covered area was PERFECT for our event and the oysters that they provided were such good quality. They all made an effort to make each of us comfortable and the service was awesome. I highly recommend the flaming donut stand, the best donuts HANDS DOWN.

Our group is rather high maintenance and everyone had a wonderful time. The live band really added to the atmosphere we were hoping for.

Beautiful venue, excellent customer service, and highly recommended!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Planning and executing a wedding with the bride and groom in Maryland, the wedding venue in Georgia, and the parents in a different city from the venue could have been a recipe for disaster, but our daughter's wedding at the Mackey House was everything she had hoped it would be. After visiting the the first time, we cancelled all other venue appointments because we knew Kelly and Collin's wedding had to be held there. The grounds were beautiful; the fairy lights in the trees and throughout the gardens made for a truly romantic atmosphere, and the attitude of the staff was that nothing was too difficult in making the bride and groom's day perfect. Susanna, the wedding planner was a pleasure to work with, and she went out of her way to make sure everything went smoothly, and she made all the long distance planning easy. Dave Gibson, the wedding rehearsal director as well as day- of coordinator and reception DJ, was awesome! Dave really made the party fun, and his teaching everyone the Wobble was hilarious! His hosting the Newlywed shoe game had everyone in stitches. The entire evening was well organized, lively, and most of all fun. The staff took care of every detail, and we all enjoyed a stress free ceremony and reception. Thank you for giving Kelly and Collin their dream wedding!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

We take great pride in making destination weddings easy to plan and enjoyable for everyone attending. And when it's the parents who are providing their only child's the wedding of her dreams then we are especially eager to make it the perfect day. Kelly and Collin were a wonderful couple and their guests were the tops. Thank you for allowing us to do some special activities (i.e. Shoe Game, special line dances, etc.) that made it truly memorable for the guests

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Officiant, Transportation, Wedding Planning

Mackey house is amazing! Everything was even more beautiful than we expected. It was definitely the best weekend of our lives. If you do book the Mackey house make sure to get Dave to DJ and coordinate. He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and incredibly helpful. Everyone on the staff was great. You won't be let down!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding. The Mackey House is an amazing place to have your special day. The venue is absolutely beautiful and they do a wonderful job of making sure it always, regardless of the season, looks beautiful. The staff are fantastic! They make you feel like family from the day you book with them. Dave is the man! He is amazing at what he does and makes sure there are no glitches on your big day. All staff members are always accessible and always greet you with a warming smile. We HIGHLY recommend The Mackey House to anyone who wants to have a unforgettable wedding day!!!

Katie and Steven Kerlin
12-13-14

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Alexandria
11/29/2014

The Mackey House was absolutely the best. Dave, who was our planner and dj and coordinator, really seemed to step up his game with our wedding. I never would have dreamed of something so beautiful and flawless. Thank you so much Mackey House for making our special day just that more amazing!

Services Used: Band, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Wedding Planning

The Mackey House made our wedding unforgettable. I had envisioned a romantic, outside ceremony at dusk, and the lighting they provided was perfect. The scenery is absolutely beautiful at the Mackey House. Aside from the appearance, the staff is so easy to work with. Dave was a pleasure to work with as well as Susanna. Thank you so much for making our wedding perfect in so many ways! God bless you all!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

Twilight weddings are very unique and special. Our landscape lighting and up lighting truly create a stunning atmosphere for a romantic wedding. We're so happy Jill and Jason chose the Mackey House as their wedding venue and pleased that they had the perfect wedding they desired.

Gina
11/07/2014

My husband and I got married in an evening ceremony in early November at The Mackey House. It was a wonderful experience. We cannot tell you how many people have told us how organized, fun, and lovely the night was. We (along with our parents) are still receiving positive comments. On the day of the event, neither of us had to worry about any detail. We just got to enjoy ourselves, and I don't know how many couples get to say the same thing about their wedding.

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

We believe Gina summed it up in three words - organized, fun and lovely. As we have often stated, the bride and groom should only have to do two things on wedding day - get married and have fun. We manage all the details to ensure a prefect wedding day and provide the experience that the couple, their families and guests deserve. Thank you Gina and Matt for sharing your special day with us.

Private User
10/31/2014

We could not have booked a more perfect place for our ceremony and reception. The Mackey House made our wedding day stress free. We were truly able to enjoy every second of our ceremony and reception. They have this process down pat! It was the easiest party I've ever planned :) The staff thinks and takes care of EVERYTHING! We were very impressed with how organized the entire day/night was.

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

Making it easy and stress free for our couples is one of our goals. We genuinely believe that the bride and groom should only do two things on wedding day - get married and have fun. With over 15 years experience, we can not only make the planning easy, but we can manage the event to achieve ultimate satisfaction.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My new husband and I were extremely pleased with every staff member at the Mackey House. From day 1 of planning our big day, they were so helpful in guiding us in the right direction. Planning our wedding from a distance, I thought we would encounter so many challenges, but Dave and Shelly really made everything flow so well! The grounds couldn't have been more perfect. Dave was our DJ and planner, and he did an absolutely fantastic job at coordinating everything, and making wonderful suggestions. He was such a pleasure to work with! I hope in a few more years, we can come back with our family for a much more intimate renewal of our vows! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

My new husband and I fell in love with the Mackey House as soon as we walked into the beautifully landscaped garden area outside. From the first tour of the grounds to the second we left as husband and wife the staff at the Mackey House were beyond exceptional. They gave us the wedding we wanted at a great price. Dave Gibson is the best maitre'd you can ask for. He kept the day organized and flowing, as a bride, I never had to worry about a thing! Shelly was always there to answer my questions and concerns about anything, and I left my decorations and special instructions with her the day before at our rehearsal and come wedding day everything was set up perfectly! It was so beautiful and truly surpassed all of our expectations! They were more than happy to accommodate for anything. We had an 80-90% chance of rain forecast for our wedding day and we had decided to change the set up of the wedding and reception. The day of turned out to be absolutely beautiful and they changed everything back to our original plan last minute with no hiccups whatsoever. I cannot say enough great things about this venue and their staff. If you are considering a wedding here you will not be disappointed!