The Mackey House

Value
Flexibility
Private User
[Private]

The most beautiful venue Savannah has to offer!!!!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

We agree! But more than the beauty is the uniqueness of the venue - gardens, lake, pavilion, party deck and more. A couple can truly choose the setting that matches the look and feel they wanted for wedding day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I can't say enough about this beautiful venue! They have thought of everything to ensure your wedding day goes smoothly, Everyone on their staff is a pleasure to work with especially Dave and Susanna. They kept telling my husband and I that only thing we had to do on our wedding day was to let someone else worry about things and enjoy ourselves and we did just that and we had a fantastic day! The Mackey House was PERFECT and we am so glad we chose it for our wedding!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

We always tell our couples, their job on wedding day is to do just two things: Get Married and Have Fun. We're glad this couple was able to do just that. Wedding day should be full of joy and celebration for the bride, groom and their families. We truly are excited when we provide a wonderful event experience for our couples.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There truly aren't words enough to express how wonderful our experience was at The Mackey House for our late June 2015 wedding, but I'll give it a try. From the moment we set our hearts on getting married at this venue, the entire staff became very involved in helping us to plan out every detail of our perfect day. Susanna, Shelly and Dave were more professional and responsive than we could ever have asked for and they truly made the daunting task of planning a wedding very enjoyable. They gave us wonderful recommendations for vendors, helped find the perfect place for every little DIY decoration I had prepared for the day and made sure everything leading up to the wedding was very clear and well planned. They even helped facilitate incorporating my quirky 1950's theme into every detail in the decorations! Dave was our coordinator and MC and he made sure that each portion of our day went off without a hitch-- his presence and professionalism was an absolute blessing! The Mackey House was the perfect place for my husband and I to start our new life together and I can't thank them enough for such a wonderful experience!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

Sometimes we have trouble finding the right words too, lol. But Megan pretty well summed it up in describing our dedication and effort to ensure the bride's wedding day vision becomes reality. And the '50's theme was awesome. We truly love when our couples have a unique theme or style that makes their wedding day awesome. Megan and Michael are going to have a wonderful life together!

Mary Lou
06/21/2015

My daughter chose the Mackey House for her destination wedding, and we could not be happier with her choice. We worked with Susanna and Dave by phone prior to the wedding, and they were wonderful. When we arrived, they continued to meet and rise above our expectations! We really enjoyed the food - great chef! The ice cream bar was a wonderful treat! Dave was fantastic! As the day progressed, we felt that he was our very good friend who attended to every detail...a job well done!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

Sometimes when the bride/groom choose to have a destination wedding the parents worry about managing and planning the details and logistics of a wedding in a location they are not familiar with. As Mary Lou indicated in her kind remarks, we strive to make destination weddings not only easy to manage and plan but a fun and fantastic event for everyone. Being able to immediately put parents mind at ease and eliminate the worries of managing a destination wedding is our main goal. We're so happy Karyn and Jason had the experience they wanted and deserved on their special day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Words cannot describe how thankful we are for ending up at The Mackey House for our wedding! Dave and Susanna were extremely helpful throughout the entire process and for the most part, were very responsive with their emails. I was worried because I was planning a wedding while living 4 hours away from Savannah but they did everything they could to put my mind at ease. Our first planning session with Dave was long and detailed, but he truly thinks of everything, not to mention he is a great DJ! It was truly wonderful having a DJ who was also our day-of coordinator moving us right along through the night. Many of my guests complimented us on how easily the wedding flowed and there weren't any issues. I definitely recommend paying for an extra hour because it goes by so fast!! I wish we had more time during our reception because you don't realize how many little things happen! (toasts, cake cutting, dances, etc.) The Mackey House is beautiful so spending money on flowers and expensive decorations is not necessary. We also enjoyed how this was a "one stop shop" meaning our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were all in one place so our guests weren't required to move anywhere. Dave and Susanna suggested all of the vendors we used in terms of catering, florist, decorator, bar, and transportation- none of which disappointed at all. Thank you Dave and Susanna for helping us design the wedding of our dreams! Everyone had an amazing time!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

Thank you Marissa for your compliments as well as letting us know how satisfied you are with our services. You're right about the long and detailed planning session, but the success is in the details. We take great effort to not only ensure all of the details are properly planned, but to provide creative suggestions that makes an event special and unique. We can truly say no two weddings at the Mackey House are alike. Our facility and amenities offer so many opportunities to "think outside the box" and create a "one of a kind" wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Private User
06/07/2015

We had our wedding and reception ceremony at The Mackey House and the venue is absolutely gorgeous. We had the pleasure of taking our family photo next the a beautiful water fountain near the garden. Dave Gibson was our Event Coordinator and he's the best. He made our wedding planning experience stress-less and our family and friends were very complimentary of him. Dave is the man for the plan and shaking a leg is also another one of his specialties. He even showed our guest some dance moves. Magnolia Grill was our caterer and their food was finger licking good. Corie and Mark did an awesome job as well as their staff. They all are the most pleasant people. Dave and Magnolia Grill took really good care of our great-grandmother as well. Last but not least, Mrs. Mackey is the sweetest. She helped fix a few bumps in the road. My family and I really appreciate her concerns very much.

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

The fountain is one of our newest additions to the Mackey House experience and it is becoming a popular photo location. We're glad this bride was able to use it as a backdrop for a very special family photo. It is very, very rare that we are honored to have a great-grand parent attend an event. What a wonderful moment we were able to share with this special family matriarch. Thank you Shataya and Chris for your compliments and allowing us to serve you on your special day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The wonderful staff at Mackey House exceeded all of my expectations in assisting me and my husband with our wedding. Susanna is so sweet and always had the right thing to say to ease any worries or solve any little bumps we may have experienced. Dave was our DJ and master of ceremonies and absolutely delivered! He coordinated a wonderful rehearsal and created a super fun time for us on the dance floor (even tried to teach me the "wobble"). He and Susanna worked together so I was always able to contact someone for all of my needs. They truly made it a painless planning process. The location is breathtaking, especially at night all lit up! We have been inundated with compliments on our wedding and the venue. I've been recommending the Mackey House to everyone! And will continue to do so.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the Mackey House was absolutely perfect. We owe that to the wonderful staff and the vendors they recommended, in addition to the unbelievably beautiful property. It is such a unique and special venue. Many of our guests told us that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. From the people to the food to the beautiful land and property, this is truly the most perfect wedding venue. The Mackey House knows how to put together an amazing wedding and throws one heck of a party!
The people we had the opportunity to work with along the way were fantastic. Dave, the day of coordinator and DJ, is truly amazing at what he does and is such a kind and awesome person. He made planning fun. Our wedding day ran so smoothly thanks to him, and we did not have a single worry that day. We had so much fun with him along the way and especially on the wedding day! Susanna helps with much of the preplanning. She is kind and responsive and makes sure everything is in line for the big day. We loved working with her. Additionally, all the Mackey House staff members were fantastic. Everyone was smiling the entire day and kind to all of our guests. The Mackey House also makes excellent recommendations for vendors. Michelle and her team from Improvisions did our decorations and flowers. Every bit of what they did was beautiful! The food from Magnolia Grill was fantastic and all the guests raved over it...Corie, Mark, and their team made the most amazing food and the presentation was beautiful! Randy’s Beverage did our bar. They provided great service and were so friendly to all of our guests. Dave set up our transportation with Grace Limo, and they were great and on time the entire day.
I cannot say enough about this venue. It truly is the most perfect place to get married. It veers from the traditional ballroom style venue. The uniqueness and beauty of the house and property and the amazing people that work there made our day unforgettable!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Mackey house was phenomenal, absolutely beautiful venue. Susanna was great to work with!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

Nicole, thank you so much for the kind review! We were so happy to have you and Daniel as bride and groom. I enjoyed working with you. You were so organized with your planning. You also had cute favors. I loved the sweet treats. You all traveled quite a distance for your wedding. We were so happy to be a part of your special day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Mackey House really made our wedding so special....Dave Gibson was amazing, he really took care of us and because of him and the staff there, we were 100% satisfied with the way everything turned out....We can't thank the Mackey House enough. They are truly amazing and every Savannah Wedding should take place at the Mackey House :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Mackey House did an excellent job helping me to plan and make my wedding day perfect. We chose The Mackey House purely from photos online (I live in Ohio) but knew we had to make a decision to book it in order to have it during the busy Savannah wedding season. When I was able to see the venue in person (after the contract signed and the deposit paid) it was even more beautiful than the photos and was exactly what we were looking for. We wanted a sophisticated yet natural setting with lots of green and picturesque backdrops. We didn't want (nor did we need to) do a lot of decorating because we wanted the natural beauty to speak for itself and it DID! We just received some of our wedding photos back and we are so happy with them and how the setting of the venue made everything beautiful. Ladies, the greenery and trees really make the white of your dress POP in photos! The staff at The Mackey House was also top-notch. Susanna and Dave were professional and enthusiastic in helping us plan our big day. Since we were planning from afar, Susanna was very helpful in giving us info on vendors and other things we needed. Dave sat down with us to plan out every minute of the day, making sure that it was going to be exactly as we had envisioned. He also helped us to identify things that we hadn't even thought about. Having our planning meeting with him really allowed us to relax knowing that we were in good hands. We hired Dave to also be our day-of coordinator and reception DJ which I would definitely recommend. When we started planning, we didn't think we needed Dave as day-of coordinator but looking back, I don't know what we would have done without him there that day, making sure everything was going according to plan and ensuring that I (the bride) wasn't stressed! He was also our DJ and made the reception very fun and exciting. The Mackey House is the best there is!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I couldn't be more happy with how my wedding went! Dave went above and beyond, I kept changing my mind, ideas and was very neurotic but he kept me calm and made my day better than I could ever imagine. Even up to the day before my wedding, they had no issues changing everything. Susanna as well was just as accommodating. I would highly recommend anyone to have their wedding/event here. I was what you would say a "shy" bride but Dave made me feel comfortable and made sure I truly enjoyed this once in a life time day. I can't say thank you enough

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

The Mackey House is truly a hidden gem in the city of Savannah! My daughter and her fiancé chose this location for their destination wedding, and even though I live near the area, I wasn't familiar with it. As the mother of the bride and "unofficial" wedding planner, I was thrilled when I toured the house and grounds and met the Mackeys and their staff - their mission is to make your event the best ever! I especially enjoyed working with Susanna, their wedding coordinator - she was so helpful and responsive, and had great ideas for us. And Dave - he is THE BEST! He is a pre-wedding coordinator, the day of MC and DJ, and all around great guy - we highly recommend having him "orchestrate" your special day! He really does think of everything!

We used vendors recommended and preferred by the Mackey House, and even though we had a small issue with catering and the heaters (it was cold that night!), the Mackeys and their staff went out of their way to make sure the evening was spectacular. We are still receiving compliments from our guests on the "magical" time they had at Amy and Shawn's wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was fantastic!! The house was absolutely beautiful and in perfect condition. Even though it had rained earlier in the day, they had their crew clean and dry off everything before the ceremony and reception, so the guests (and bride) never even knew about the rain. For those also worried about rain, they have a covered area on-site that can be used as a back-up plan. That could save you a ton of cash if you are looking for an outdoor wedding. They work with several great vendors to make it as stress-free as possible for us. The coordinator happened to also be the DJ, and his music selection was great. Couldn't be more pleased. A highly recommended venue. A++++

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We traveled all the way from Sydney Australia to have our wedding at the Mackey House. Having never seen the property it could have been absolute disaster to say the least.

Usually, people are let down when they see beautiful images of a venue online and then see it in real life only to find the pictures look nothing like the venue. The Mackey House is the complete opposite... the venue photos do not even do this beautiful property justice - It's far prettier in real life (if that's even possible! !)

The fairy lights, the ceremony space, the reception area - everything was perfection. Well worth the travel from Australia and we couldn't be happier in choosing the Mackey House for our wedding! Our guests too loved the property and are still raving about it!

PS Dave Gibson is amazing. If you want to ensure your wedding goes off without a hitch he is a MUST to hire!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My employer held an area sales meeting in Savannah this week and we wanted to have a relaxed evening out with a lowcountry boil and oyster roast at a pretty southern venue. The Mackey house exceeded our expectations. Susanna and Trey took all of my requirements down and coordinated travel to and from the hotel, food/beverage, and a live band for the evening. All of my colleagues were thoroughly impressed as the Mackey house is the epitome of an elegant lowcountry plantation. The outdoor covered area was PERFECT for our event and the oysters that they provided were such good quality. They all made an effort to make each of us comfortable and the service was awesome. I highly recommend the flaming donut stand, the best donuts HANDS DOWN.

Our group is rather high maintenance and everyone had a wonderful time. The live band really added to the atmosphere we were hoping for.

Beautiful venue, excellent customer service, and highly recommended!