The Mackey House

(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The most beautiful venue Savannah has to offer!!!!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

We agree! But more than the beauty is the uniqueness of the venue - gardens, lake, pavilion, party deck and more. A couple can truly choose the setting that matches the look and feel they wanted for wedding day.

• Wedding: [Private]
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing venue! Everyone is very helpful all the time. Venue is beautiful!

• Wedding: [Private]
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Mackey House made our wedding unforgettable. I had envisioned a romantic, outside ceremony at dusk, and the lighting they provided was perfect. The scenery is absolutely beautiful at the Mackey House. Aside from the appearance, the staff is so easy to work with. Dave was a pleasure to work with as well as Susanna. Thank you so much for making our wedding perfect in so many ways! God bless you all!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

Twilight weddings are very unique and special. Our landscape lighting and up lighting truly create a stunning atmosphere for a romantic wedding. We're so happy Jill and Jason chose the Mackey House as their wedding venue and pleased that they had the perfect wedding they desired.

• Wedding: 11/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not have booked a more perfect place for our ceremony and reception. The Mackey House made our wedding day stress free. We were truly able to enjoy every second of our ceremony and reception. They have this process down pat! It was the easiest party I've ever planned :) The staff thinks and takes care of EVERYTHING! We were very impressed with how organized the entire day/night was.

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

Making it easy and stress free for our couples is one of our goals. We genuinely believe that the bride and groom should only do two things on wedding day - get married and have fun. With over 15 years experience, we can not only make the planning easy, but we can manage the event to achieve ultimate satisfaction.

• Wedding: 10/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My new husband and I were extremely pleased with every staff member at the Mackey House. From day 1 of planning our big day, they were so helpful in guiding us in the right direction. Planning our wedding from a distance, I thought we would encounter so many challenges, but Dave and Shelly really made everything flow so well! The grounds couldn't have been more perfect. Dave was our DJ and planner, and he did an absolutely fantastic job at coordinating everything, and making wonderful suggestions. He was such a pleasure to work with! I hope in a few more years, we can come back with our family for a much more intimate renewal of our vows! :)

• Wedding: 08/11/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My new husband and I fell in love with the Mackey House as soon as we walked into the beautifully landscaped garden area outside. From the first tour of the grounds to the second we left as husband and wife the staff at the Mackey House were beyond exceptional. They gave us the wedding we wanted at a great price. Dave Gibson is the best maitre'd you can ask for. He kept the day organized and flowing, as a bride, I never had to worry about a thing! Shelly was always there to answer my questions and concerns about anything, and I left my decorations and special instructions with her the day before at our rehearsal and come wedding day everything was set up perfectly! It was so beautiful and truly surpassed all of our expectations! They were more than happy to accommodate for anything. We had an 80-90% chance of rain forecast for our wedding day and we had decided to change the set up of the wedding and reception. The day of turned out to be absolutely beautiful and they changed everything back to our original plan last minute with no hiccups whatsoever. I cannot say enough great things about this venue and their staff. If you are considering a wedding here you will not be disappointed!

• Wedding: 08/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Every bride-to-be has got to check out the Mackey House as a venue; once you drive onto the property and meet the staff, you'll fall in love in a heartbeat! The entire property is breathtakingly beautiful, and the pictures turned out amazing (my photographer was Shannon Christopher). I just got married a little over a month ago, and it was by far the best time of my life. I have had so many people call me and text me asking us to get married at the Mackey House again because it was the best wedding they had ever been to! And I absolutely couldn't have done it without the help of Dave Gibson. He is the Event Director, and just awesome to work with. He runs the rehearsal, puts together the entire wedding including all the small details, DJs, and basically keeps the wedding flowing all night long. I didn't have to worry about hiring a planner because he took care of everything for me. Now we now have extra money in our budget for our honeymoon. His music had everyone dancing the entire night, even my husband's grandparents! It was priceless. And he taught us all how to wobble! Hilarious. Nothing is better than hearing, "you're the bride, it's your day," and being totally taken care of and catered to. He took away all of the stress that most brides deal with on their wedding day. Every friend of mine told me that their wedding was a blur. Mine wasn't at all. I enjoyed every second of it and had the best night of my life. Everything was taken care of. I got to marry the love of my life and dance on a glass-topped pool. I only wish it could have been longer! I always said "I want a marriage more beautiful that my wedding". The Mackey House definitely set a high standard for us, and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

• Wedding: 05/18/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Transportation
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If there was a way to give more than 5 stars, I would because they earned it! We had a wonderful time not only at the wedding but before and after. The Mackey House was so helpful with EVERYTHING.

We had contacted them 1 year prior to our set date, and met with Dave Gibson the DJ and with Shelly the house representative. They were extremely helpful and friendly . With so much time left to plan our wedding they stayed in contact, the whole year to make sure that everything went off without a hitch. And it did! with their help we were able to pull together 100 people composed mostly of out of towners and everyone said fabulous things to say about the Mackey House. If we could do it all over again we wouldn't change a thing! Michelle the decorator was so much fun to work with, she has great ideas and was there for us in more ways than just making the Mackey house our house for the night. Dave was indispensable for the entire year, He was very thoughtful and creative about songs and getting the right feeling we had wanted for the ceremony and then lead dances out on the floor for the reception! We wouldn't of been able to have such a great night if we had chosen another location because we wouldn't have gotten anywhere as near the personalized attention, the quality of service, the gorgeousness of the location or as stress free of an event! LOVE THESE GUYS!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

If there was ever a bride who was the epitome of eagerness to get married it was this one. And the groom was just as ready. Great couple, great wedding, great event!

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not have picked a better venue for our wedding. The Mackey House has a strong team of professionals that made our day absolutely flawless. Dave, the wedding coordinator, is very organized and highly knowledgable. He made the event seamless and easy. There are no words to describe his obvious talent in the wedding industry. I did not have to lift a finger the day of our wedding. Michelle, with Improvisions, was our decorator and florist through TMH and anything you wanted she would execute with a "can-do" attitude. She is full of ideas and it is very apparent that she loves what she does. There were a couple instances where our original plans fell through on our end but TMH was always there with a solution. We recieved so many compliments on the ceremony. Beautifully executed.

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

What a wonderful and gracious couple - Darcy and Phil. Everyone associated with this couple - their wedding party, their families and their guests were fun, exciting and interactive. It was a true pleasure to serve this couple.

• Wedding: 03/20/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Transportation
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my wedding at the beautiful Mackey house the 22nd of Feb. and I couldn't have asked for a better place to have the most important day of my life. The mackey house has a beautiful garden and landscape, every time I drove to meet someone or just walk around the property their were gardeners there working hard to keep the property beautiful. They work with you as far as Buddhist is concerned they call you when they just want to make sure you are doing ok, and to hear how excited you are. They made me and my now husband feel like family, and that in its self meant and will mean to you so much. Especially when you need it the most......thank you mackey house.

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

Weddings are truly a special and "once in a lifetime" event. We strive to ensure that every bride can have a fun, relaxing and stress free wedding day. The whole Mackey House experience, from the venue to the grand end of evening sendoff is dedicated to providing the bride, groom and all their guests a moment that will be remembered and shared forever. We are so happy we achieved this for Amber and Ryan.

• Wedding: 02/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Mackey House was the perfect setting for my southern country wedding!! I was planning it from California and I was worried but Dave and the Mackey House took care of everything and I was relaxed and able to just enjoy our big day!!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

If there's one thing we have learned at the Mackey House, it's southern hospitality. This group was fun and friendly. And the bride was so gracious to work with. We LOVE weddings!

• Wedding: 02/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding at the Mackey house on 2-7-14. Everyone was so kind and made our day awesome. Dave went though the planning with us step by step and made it all easy. Shelly made everything in the house beautiful and even set up all our pictures and center pieces. Everybody had a lot of fun at our wedding and we are so glad we picked the Mackey house!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

We love it when are brides can say their wedding day is awesome. We enjoy managing the little details that make their big day extra special. It's also wonderful when our couples, like Kimberly and Anthony, are fun and exciting.

• Wedding: 02/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Mackey House is an AMAZING place to have your wedding ceremony and reception at. The staff is absolutely terrific from the owners Laurel and Trey Mackey to the caters. My now husband just came home from Afghanistan on November 4th about two weeks before our wedding date. The Mackey's were more than accommodating for our wedding, they treated us like family. They rolled out the red carpet for this freshly new veteran and his wife. The photographer took absolutely amazing photos. The minister was incredibly sweet and held an amazing ceremony. The decorator for the wedding ceremony did a beautiful job and the wedding coordinator who also provided the music who was Dave made me feel so comfortable on my big day and took the nerves away. The wedding they provided me over did my expectations of my dream wedding I had envision since a little girl. This is the best place to get married and have a reception. If you pass up this place your making a HUGE mistake.

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

It was such an honor to serve this couple. Our military personnel and warrior sacrifice and commit so much to our lives that when we have an opportunity to serve them, it is with great pride and satisfaction that we do. The entire staff loved the intimacy of this wedding event and seeing the joy of the bride and groom's family as this couple was united in marriage was incredible!

• Wedding: 11/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Laura Mackey, owner of The Mackey House, did an excellent job preparing for my wedding day - she is not only helpful but very easy to work with and she has an eye for detail. We also used Dave Gibson - in my opinion is the best DJ/wedding planner you could ever find - Dave is on top of everything, he keeps the entire wedding on track and moving and is so involed with the entire event - we could not have had such a fantastic wedding without him! We also used The Mackey House catering - excellent choice! We have people calling us the next day saying the food was excellent, the venuse was breathtakingly beautiful, and they had never had so much fun at a wedding before. I highly recommend The Mackey House for any event!!!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

Ashley and Eddie set the bar higher for fun at their reception. This bride had more moves on the dance floor than Beyoncé and her "crew" was fantastic. And was she ever eager to get her ceremony underway! The excitement was awesome. I wish I could have joined them at their after party. Great job everybody.

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The best venue in Savannah! The Mackey House staff was amazing! They went above and beyond to make our day special! Guests at our wedding raved about how this was the BEST wedding they have been to! The Mackey House truly delivers the essence of southern hospitality.

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

Lauren, Your wedding was amazing! Your guests were a lot of fun and you and Treneil were wonderful to work with. Thank you for letting the Mackey House be part of your special day.

• Wedding: 10/14/2013
Lauren
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely fantastic experience. We conducted a "One of a Kind" wedding for our daughter and the Mackey House was absolutely the best choice. Everyone of our guests (265 of them) had nothing but "high praise." We look forward to a continued relationship with our new friends, Dave, Shelly, Laura, Greg, and Trey of the Mackey House!!

The Mackey House responded with the following comments:

Many, many thanks for allowing The Mackey House to host your daughter's special day. As this was our first Indian wedding we were excited at the events and pageantry associated with the traditions of this type of wedding. Everything turned out to be absolutely amazing - the ceremony, the food, the reception, the party. Shraddh and Will's guests were totally fun. This was one of the best receptions we've had!

• Wedding: 10/13/2013
lakshmi
1 Review
912-234-7404
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment