The Mackey House

(4.9/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
My new husband and I fell in love with the Mackey House as soon as we walked into the beautifully landscaped garden area outside. From the first tour of the grounds to the second we left as husband and wife the staff at the Mackey House were beyond exceptional. They gave us the wedding we wanted at a great price. Dave Gibson is the best maitre'd you can ask for. He kept the day organized and flowing, as a bride, I never had to worry about a thing! Shelly was always there to answer my questions and concerns about anything, and I left my decorations and special instructions with her the day before at our rehearsal and come wedding day everything was set up perfectly! It was so beautiful and truly surpassed all of our expectations! They were more than happy to accommodate for anything. We had an 80-90% chance of rain forecast for our wedding day and we had decided to change the set up of the wedding and reception. The day of turned out to be absolutely beautiful and they changed everything back to our original plan last minute with no hiccups whatsoever. I cannot say enough great things about this venue and their staff. If you are considering a wedding here you will not be disappointed!
Wedding: 08/03/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Every bride-to-be has got to check out the Mackey House as a venue; once you drive onto the property and meet the staff, you'll fall in love in a heartbeat! The entire property is breathtakingly beautiful, and the pictures turned out amazing (my photographer was Shannon Christopher). I just got married a little over a month ago, and it was by far the best time of my life. I have had so many people call me and text me asking us to get married at the Mackey House again because it was the best wedding they had ever been to! And I absolutely couldn't have done it without the help of Dave Gibson. He is the Event Director, and just awesome to work with. He runs the rehearsal, puts together the entire wedding including all the small details, DJs, and basically keeps the wedding flowing all night long. I didn't have to worry about hiring a planner because he took care of everything for me. Now we now have extra money in our budget for our honeymoon. His music had everyone dancing the entire night, even my husband's grandparents! It was priceless. And he taught us all how to wobble! Hilarious. Nothing is better than hearing, "you're the bride, it's your day," and being totally taken care of and catered to. He took away all of the stress that most brides deal with on their wedding day. Every friend of mine told me that their wedding was a blur. Mine wasn't at all. I enjoyed every second of it and had the best night of my life. Everything was taken care of. I got to marry the love of my life and dance on a glass-topped pool. I only wish it could have been longer! I always said "I want a marriage more beautiful that my wedding". The Mackey House definitely set a high standard for us, and I couldn't have asked for anything more.
Wedding: 05/18/2014
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Transportation, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If there was a way to give more than 5 stars, I would because they earned it! We had a wonderful time not only at the wedding but before and after. The Mackey House was so helpful with EVERYTHING.

We had contacted them 1 year prior to our set date, and met with Dave Gibson the DJ and with Shelly the house representative. They were extremely helpful and friendly . With so much time left to plan our wedding they stayed in contact, the whole year to make sure that everything went off without a hitch. And it did! with their help we were able to pull together 100 people composed mostly of out of towners and everyone said fabulous things to say about the Mackey House. If we could do it all over again we wouldn't change a thing! Michelle the decorator was so much fun to work with, she has great ideas and was there for us in more ways than just making the Mackey house our house for the night. Dave was indispensable for the entire year, He was very thoughtful and creative about songs and getting the right feeling we had wanted for the ceremony and then lead dances out on the floor for the reception! We wouldn't of been able to have such a great night if we had chosen another location because we wouldn't have gotten anywhere as near the personalized attention, the quality of service, the gorgeousness of the location or as stress free of an event! LOVE THESE GUYS!
The Mackey House responded with the following comments:
If there was ever a bride who was the epitome of eagerness to get married it was this one. And the groom was just as ready. Great couple, great wedding, great event!
Wedding: 03/22/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I could not have picked a better venue for our wedding. The Mackey House has a strong team of professionals that made our day absolutely flawless. Dave, the wedding coordinator, is very organized and highly knowledgable. He made the event seamless and easy. There are no words to describe his obvious talent in the wedding industry. I did not have to lift a finger the day of our wedding. Michelle, with Improvisions, was our decorator and florist through TMH and anything you wanted she would execute with a "can-do" attitude. She is full of ideas and it is very apparent that she loves what she does. There were a couple instances where our original plans fell through on our end but TMH was always there with a solution. We recieved so many compliments on the ceremony. Beautifully executed.
The Mackey House responded with the following comments:
What a wonderful and gracious couple - Darcy and Phil. Everyone associated with this couple - their wedding party, their families and their guests were fun, exciting and interactive. It was a true pleasure to serve this couple.
Wedding: 03/20/2014
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had my wedding at the beautiful Mackey house the 22nd of Feb. and I couldn't have asked for a better place to have the most important day of my life. The mackey house has a beautiful garden and landscape, every time I drove to meet someone or just walk around the property their were gardeners there working hard to keep the property beautiful. They work with you as far as Buddhist is concerned they call you when they just want to make sure you are doing ok, and to hear how excited you are. They made me and my now husband feel like family, and that in its self meant and will mean to you so much. Especially when you need it the most......thank you mackey house.
The Mackey House responded with the following comments:
Weddings are truly a special and "once in a lifetime" event. We strive to ensure that every bride can have a fun, relaxing and stress free wedding day. The whole Mackey House experience, from the venue to the grand end of evening sendoff is dedicated to providing the bride, groom and all their guests a moment that will be remembered and shared forever. We are so happy we achieved this for Amber and Ryan.
Wedding: 02/22/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Mackey House was the perfect setting for my southern country wedding!! I was planning it from California and I was worried but Dave and the Mackey House took care of everything and I was relaxed and able to just enjoy our big day!!
The Mackey House responded with the following comments:
If there's one thing we have learned at the Mackey House, it's southern hospitality. This group was fun and friendly. And the bride was so gracious to work with. We LOVE weddings!
Wedding: 02/10/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our wedding at the Mackey house on 2-7-14. Everyone was so kind and made our day awesome. Dave went though the planning with us step by step and made it all easy. Shelly made everything in the house beautiful and even set up all our pictures and center pieces. Everybody had a lot of fun at our wedding and we are so glad we picked the Mackey house!
The Mackey House responded with the following comments:
We love it when are brides can say their wedding day is awesome. We enjoy managing the little details that make their big day extra special. It's also wonderful when our couples, like Kimberly and Anthony, are fun and exciting.
Wedding: 02/07/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Mackey House is an AMAZING place to have your wedding ceremony and reception at. The staff is absolutely terrific from the owners Laurel and Trey Mackey to the caters. My now husband just came home from Afghanistan on November 4th about two weeks before our wedding date. The Mackey's were more than accommodating for our wedding, they treated us like family. They rolled out the red carpet for this freshly new veteran and his wife. The photographer took absolutely amazing photos. The minister was incredibly sweet and held an amazing ceremony. The decorator for the wedding ceremony did a beautiful job and the wedding coordinator who also provided the music who was Dave made me feel so comfortable on my big day and took the nerves away. The wedding they provided me over did my expectations of my dream wedding I had envision since a little girl. This is the best place to get married and have a reception. If you pass up this place your making a HUGE mistake.
The Mackey House responded with the following comments:
It was such an honor to serve this couple. Our military personnel and warrior sacrifice and commit so much to our lives that when we have an opportunity to serve them, it is with great pride and satisfaction that we do. The entire staff loved the intimacy of this wedding event and seeing the joy of the bride and groom's family as this couple was united in marriage was incredible!
Wedding: 11/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Laura Mackey, owner of The Mackey House, did an excellent job preparing for my wedding day - she is not only helpful but very easy to work with and she has an eye for detail. We also used Dave Gibson - in my opinion is the best DJ/wedding planner you could ever find - Dave is on top of everything, he keeps the entire wedding on track and moving and is so involed with the entire event - we could not have had such a fantastic wedding without him! We also used The Mackey House catering - excellent choice! We have people calling us the next day saying the food was excellent, the venuse was breathtakingly beautiful, and they had never had so much fun at a wedding before. I highly recommend The Mackey House for any event!!!
The Mackey House responded with the following comments:
Ashley and Eddie set the bar higher for fun at their reception. This bride had more moves on the dance floor than Beyoncé and her "crew" was fantastic. And was she ever eager to get her ceremony underway! The excitement was awesome. I wish I could have joined them at their after party. Great job everybody.
Wedding: 11/02/2013

Lauren 5 Reviews
The best venue in Savannah! The Mackey House staff was amazing! They went above and beyond to make our day special! Guests at our wedding raved about how this was the BEST wedding they have been to! The Mackey House truly delivers the essence of southern hospitality.
The Mackey House responded with the following comments:
Lauren, Your wedding was amazing! Your guests were a lot of fun and you and Treneil were wonderful to work with. Thank you for letting the Mackey House be part of your special day.
Wedding: 10/14/2013

lakshmi 1 Reviews
Absolutely fantastic experience. We conducted a "One of a Kind" wedding for our daughter and the Mackey House was absolutely the best choice. Everyone of our guests (265 of them) had nothing but "high praise." We look forward to a continued relationship with our new friends, Dave, Shelly, Laura, Greg, and Trey of the Mackey House!!
The Mackey House responded with the following comments:
Many, many thanks for allowing The Mackey House to host your daughter's special day. As this was our first Indian wedding we were excited at the events and pageantry associated with the traditions of this type of wedding. Everything turned out to be absolutely amazing - the ceremony, the food, the reception, the party. Shraddh and Will's guests were totally fun. This was one of the best receptions we've had!
Wedding: 10/13/2013

Carrie 1 Reviews
We had our daughters wedding reception at The Mackey House. It was a beautiful event. The venue was absolutely everything we had imagined. It was really easy to work with the staff. They were friendly, kind and attentive to our needs. I was impressed how wonderful they were as I know they had 5 back to back weddings on our weekend. Dave the DJ was so helpful and it was nice to have his assistance at the Church as well. Our guests had a wonderful time. The only negative was the trolley service from Downtown Savannah - they did not supply the service they had promised and many of our guests got to the reception late missing introduction and first dance. The Mackey House will have to contract with a different company!
The Mackey House responded with the following comments:
Krysta and Matt's event was fabulous. Their wedding party was a great group that had a lot of fun and kept the dance floor busy. The church ceremony was beautiful.

The transportation issues were unforeseen and not normal for our events. There was some construction on the major highway leading from the hotel locations to the venue and there were significant traffic delays as a result. This resulted in the delays mentioned above. Furthermore, the provider that was used for this event was not our primary provider. Our primary provider was not available for this event and this necessitated us using an alternate provider.
Wedding: 10/12/2013

Private User 3 Reviews
It was such a pleasure celebrating our wedding reception at The Mackey House! The staff is extremely easy to work with; it is apparent that they work their hardest to make each bride and groom's big day truly unique and memorable. From decorations to catering, The Mackey House staff were ready to help us host the reception of our dreams. Everyone was professional and personable - very easy to work with. My husband & I are still getting compliments on what an amazing venue we had. So THANK YOU to The Mackey House for making our wedding reception the most memorable night of our lives. We couldn't be more thankful.
The Mackey House responded with the following comments:
Making incredible memories of this special occasion is our ultimate goal. Naturally, we want to fulfill the bride and groom's vision for their wedding day, but providing a positive and memorable event for their guests is just as important. When the guests continue to talk about and compliment the bride and groom days, weeks and months after the event we know we have met our goal.
Wedding: Recently Married

Stephanie 5 Reviews
I loved working with everyone from the Mackey House. They went out of their way to make our wedding perfect. We were getting married in a location on the grounds that they had never really done before (the wooded lake side area).

I loved working with Shelley and Dave, who were basically my life line for planning the entire wedding. Shelley called every so often to discuss what needed to be done at the time. Dave was very helpful. I worked with him on music selections, discussing invitations, and many other aspects of the wedding. He was there to discuss everything with.

On the day of the wedding, I arrived to everyone finalizing the set up. It was very beautiful. We had to start the ceremony late because a family member did not arrive on time but it was not an issue.

At the reception, I enjoyed how Dave announced everything. He made sure no one would miss anything at the reception. He tried his best to get everyone out dancing but my family was unfortunately a bit lame. With the guests being a bit older, they didn't want to get out and dance. This resulted in myself (as the bride) out there busting moves on my own. Dave made sure to play all the music I selected, even replaying a song for myself and the groom.

The only issue I had was there were times I had to wait a little while to hear back from certain people. It was never too long but there was once or twice where I had to wait a week to hear back about different issues. It didn't cause any problems in the planning of the wedding at all.

In the end, we got married and every thing turned out wonderful! If you are in the Savannah area and looking for a beautiful place to get married, there is no better place than The Mackey House.
The Mackey House responded with the following comments:
Stephanie and Frankie, thanks for opening a totally new ceremony location for us - Lakeside at the Mackey House. We had always talked about having a ceremony in that area but no one really considered it until you. What a great setting for an intimate wedding!
Wedding: 10/10/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Wow, wow, wow. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue. All night long, people were grabbing me to tell me how much they enjoyed being there and the outstanding attitudes of all the employees. One friend even phrased it that he felt like he was at a relative's house because everyone was so eager to help and make everyone happy. They made our whole event just amazing, easy, and completely nonstressful. (and for a crazy bride, that is exactly what you need!!!)
The Mackey House responded with the following comments:
Wow, thanks Laura for your comments. You and Danny were wonderful to work with and this certainly helped make for a great event. We take a lot of effort to ensure your guests feel "at home". Since our venue is a "home" setting we feel the service should reflect the venue. We're happy your guests enjoyed themselves.
Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My daughter Heather got married at the Mackey House on August 11, 2013. We could not have been more pleased. The setting is beautiful and the staff is extremely helpful and accommodating. Dave the DJ and wedding coordinator was terrific! This was our first wedding and he thought of everything. When I look back, I cannot imagine planning a wedding without his help. It was well worth the price! In my daughter's words, "It was perfect!"
The Mackey House responded with the following comments:
It is weddings like this that allows all of us at the Mackey House to enjoy our relationships with our clients. It is very satisfying for us to know that we were able to provide the "perfect" day for our couple. Thanks!
Wedding: 08/11/2013
 912-234-7404
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire