The Hills of Lakeway

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

I cannot say enough good things about our experience at The Hills of Lakeway. Our wedding coordinators, Ann Loiselle and her assistant Mickey, were truly remarkable under the most trying circumstances. Wedding day - it began to rain and the forecast included strong thunderstorms. Ann assured us that they would make every attempt to have the wedding outdoors as planned. I could tell she was genuinely dismayed when the rain began in earnest and we had to move everything indoors however she assured us that they would do everything possible to make the event a special day for our families, and she did! After the ceremony, the ballroom was once again quickly transformed into a lovely reception area. The food was wonderful and the guests loved it. The beer and wine selections were excellent; Joyce is such a fun bartender; she looks out for your guests making every one of them feel special. We chose this venue because its great value. You can have as little or as much input into the selections for your wedding. We really appreciated choosing the meals, cake flavors, colors, and decorations but we also appreciated the fact the Ann took care of everything else. After the ceremony, everyone's cellphone alarms started going off with tornado warnings. The staff was attentive to the weather and our safety, yet also focused on keeping the guests entertained and the evening flowing well. Ann kept everything moving along with grace and charm. We did not miss one special event from the daddy/daughter dance to the garter throw. Also, we were really happy that we opted for the photo booth too. It gave everyone something fun and silly to focus on instead of the rain. And the open bar was a help too :) Had the weather been perfect, the wedding would have been memorable. However, even with severe weather and a dress mishap the wedding was still wonderful and perhaps even more memorable! Can't wait to see the photos (amazing photographer included) and relive the moments!

Michael
05/16/2015

The staff at the Hills did a great job from beginning to end with my Wedding. They made our special day truly that.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Bryan
05/01/2015

The Hills hosted a Rehearsal Dinner party for 100 recently for our son's wedding. The facility and Ann were amazing to work with. They were very accommodating and responsive. Being from Louisiana, we wanted to bring a little flair to the event and have a Mardi-Gras themed party. Not only did Ann and her team help with set-up, florists and decorations, the Louisiana style menu that the kitchen came up with made everyone feel like we were back in New Orleans. The food was outstanding and the guests from around the country raved about the great selection, and outstanding cuisine.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Thank you so much Ann & Micki!! Our March 2015 wedding was amazing - Ann and all of her staff went above and beyond to make sure that everything was the way I envisioned our big day to be. My husband was sick for a majority of our engagement, so other than choosing the vendors, I did not really start planning until about three months before the big day. Ann was extremely accommodating, and made sure I didn't feel stressed in what sometimes felt like an overwhelming amount of things to do in a short period of time - had we not gone with the Hills, I think that the wedding planning process would have been MUCH harder! The venue was beautiful, the vendors that came with our package were all amazing, and the food was great (I heard a TON of complements from the guests on the food). I am extremely happy with the value - we got so much for one low price, and I think there is truly no easier way to make sure your wedding goes smoothly. Speaking of smooth, Ann helped to solve a couple family drama issues quickly and quietly without me feeling like I had to mediate - with a big family, this was something I was really grateful for. Overall, we were very happy with the service and all of the elements that came into play through the Hills for making our wedding unforgettable!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Donna
12/13/2014

This place is AMAZING! My daughter's wedding was here on 12.13.14. The all inclusive package they use here is genius. Ann & Micki took care of and coordinated everything perfectly. They didn't let us lift a finger, just wanted us to enjoy the day. Not one ounce of stress for me or my daughter in the entire 6-month planning. All thanks to Ann & Micki. The venue looked gorgeous and the food was incredible. Delicious AND hot. Nearly every guest wanted to know how on earth we found this place because everything was so perfect. The cost for everything was so reasonable. I feel like if we had had to rent a venue and then hire all the vendors we would have spent easily twice what we did (this wasn't my first wedding so I know from experience). At the end of the night, my husband and I TRIED to think of anything that didn't go off perfectly, even a small thing and we honestly could not think of one thing. I highly recommend The Hills of Lakeway Country Club to anyone getting married in the Austin area...you won't regret it! Thank you Ann & Micki for making all my daughter's dreams come true.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
1 person found this review helpful
Laci
12/13/2014

I cannot explain what an absolute joy it was to have my wedding at The Hills of Lakeway! From the first day I met with Ann (the event director), I felt a huge weight lifted from my shoulders and the fun began. Ann and her assistant Micki take care of EVERYTHING. Their wedding package includes all rentals, the DJ, florist, and catering. It was awesome not having to find all of these vendors myself, and they are all fantastic! We had so much fun doing the food and beverage tasting at The Hills to decide on our menu and signature cocktail. The food is outstanding! So delicious! Ann and Micki discussed with us all details of the room and decor to make sure that everything fit our vision. The wedding package also included a spa day for me and my bridesmaids and a golf day for the guys. It was amazing and such a great way to relax and bond with everyone the day before the wedding. The ceremony and reception were perfect! Ann and Micki kept everything running smoothly and on time without rushing anyone/thing. If anything went wrong on the wedding day, I had no idea because these wonderful ladies are pros at their job.
Speaking of, I cannot praise Ann and Micki enough. They are so sweet and fun yet incredibly professional and organized. They are genuinely excited to provide an amazing wedding experience. My husband and I felt that they wanted more than us for the day to be absolutely perfect and they did everything in their power to make it so. They were always very easy to contact and would respond quickly to emails or phone calls. Even when I had a million questions and wanted to make changes, they were so kind and helpful. I felt that the wedding package at The Hills of Lakeway was very reasonably priced, and yet we would have paid more for the outstanding service given by Ann and Micki.
If you are looking for a low stress, all-inclusive, beautiful place to have your wedding, I highly recommend The Hills of Lakeway!

Erin
11/08/2014

Ann & Micki were the best part of having our wedding reception at The Hills. The venue was beautiful, the food amazing, but the peace of mind of having Ann & Micki coordinate the whole event, from the onset, was truly priceless. My husband and I are thrilled to have had our special day left in their more-than-capable hands. We can't imagine having had a better experience.

Erin
11/08/2014

Best decision we ever made was choosing The Hills for our wedding reception. The venue is gorgeous, the food is delicious, and as a bonus, you get the best wedding coordinators you could ask for. Made for an amazing and effortless (on our part) day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ann was extremely professional and worked very hard to make our event perfect. I had many ideas and Ann helped make them all come true!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Lynn
10/04/2014

Ann and Micki are wonderful to work with! Having a package that includes beautiful flowers, delicious cake, and a great dinner menu makes what could be a stressful situation, a fun and enjoyable day. The guys enjoyed the golf, and the girls loved their pampering at the Worl of Tennis Spa.
The Hills is a beautiful venue for a wedding with the waterfall, trees, and meticulously groomed course as a backdrop for this special day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Colleen
08/09/2014

Friendly, accommodating and professional!!!
We felt like we were the most important couple in the world with our experience from beginning to end.
Fabulous service and results!!!
Best day of my life......
Colleen Popovic

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
Omar
07/11/2014

What an amazing venue and even better staff! We could not be more happy with our experience at the Hills of Lakeway Country Club. The events planning team was so incredible to work with and the amount of detail that went in to making our day special was nothing less than perfect and intimate. We highly recommend Ann, Micki & the rest of the Hills of Lakeway Country Club staff for your next wedding or event! Thank you so much & we could not have chosen a better place to get married! Dream come true :)

Suzy
06/21/2014

Not only are The Hills and Flintrock beautiful venues to have a wedding but I was so impressed with Ann and Micki's attentiveness to every aspect of the ceremony and reception. As the bride I so appreciated not having to be involved in managing the events of the evening - Ann and Micki basically took care of everything and just told me what to do and when and asked me my preferences but then executed the whole thing without me having to worry. It was really great to be able to concentrate on having fun and enjoying the moment knowing that I had a great team taking care of the details. Also the food was phenomenal - I thought it was delicious and I got a lot of great feedback about it.

Private User
1+ year ago

The Hills and Flintrock are absolutely beautiful venues for a wedding. Ann and Micki were so accomodating and made the planning and actual wedding very effortless on our part. Their vendors were exceptional and did not disappoint. Compliments from so many guests on what a great time they had. And the food...over the top! Thank you, Ann and Micki and everyone else involved. Cannot wait to get the pictures.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Private User
1+ year ago

The food was amazing. The staff was very organized, knowledgable, and helpful. Emphasis on knowledgable. We felt completely at ease and things went off without a hitch.. except for ours.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was amazing. The venue is beautiful. I loved it all and my guests couldn't stop raving about it. The set up and service was beyond my expectations. My guests were very happy with the food and coffee. Ann is a wonderful coordinator, she took care of all those details that made that day special. Her team was very professional and friendly. We enjoyed our wedding so much thanks to the wonderful service it was provided.