The Heitman House

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

i have no words to describe how incredible the Heitman House is! Shannon, the General Manager is out of this world amazing! The house it self is breathtaking-it's kept clean at all times and the staff is incredible to work with! The mean it when they say they are flexible and they respond so quickly and always have the answers to ANY question. The service is top notch and worth it very cent. The bridal suite is HUGE and has great lighting! Shannon is incredible- I have NOTHING but the greatest to share about her! She made sure i was stress free from the moment I met her.
The chef is amazing and the food is out of this world. Stop searching for a venue- you've found the perfect one right here!

Private User
1 Review
[Private]

I met Shannon and Sebastian at the bridal show at Germain Arena. To say the least, the bruschetta was awesome and they were both very informative. I scheduled a showing the following week! I met with Shannon who showed me the property and Larry, the chef, spoke about the food. As much as I wanted to book the Heitman House, I was unable to do so because our date was unavailable. My fiancee will be stationed overseas and we were limited with time and date. The property was beautiful. If it weren't for my urgency, I would definitely have booked here.

Private User
Recently Married

We had our wedding at The Heitman House last weekend and it was perfect! The setting was beautiful and our guests loved the old Florida feel. The food was fantastic! Larry was so accommodating leading up to the event and all weekend, his main concern was that our event was the best one they've ever had and that it was exactly how we pictured it. We ended up having to get a tent at the last minute and while I was a little bummed, it looked really pretty and our guests loved that they got to be in the shade. It was also really nice being able to use both the inside and outside of the house, our guests loved poking around in the historic home and a lot of them relaxed inside to take a break from dancing or to cool off.
Our wedding was honestly everything I had dreamed of and I would highly recommend The Heitman House and their entire staff (everyone was SO friendly!) to anyone looking for a gorgeous old Florida feel right on the river for their event!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our menu tasting for our upcoming February wedding. The food was absolutely fabulous! Larry prepared everything fresh for us, and all the food was so flavorful! I only wish I had a bigger stomach for the amount of food he prepared for us for just the tasting. I cannot wait till our wedding day so I can get another chance to have such wonderful food!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I went to the bridal show at the Harborside Event center and got selected for the battle of the brides with my raffle ticket where you have to dig through a wedding cake for a number of a prize. I won third place. In the third prize bag of prizes was a sunset dinner for two at the Heitman House in Fort Myers.
I called Larry the owner and asked him if I could exchange that 500$ prize for a rehearsal dinner for six. He was so nice and accommodating. My now husband has fish allergies Larry prepared a tremendous meal. It was so wonderful served family style he provided champagne as much as we wanted and the beautiful dining room setting and table settings made the dinner like something right out of a magazine. Plus the house itself and view is something all in itself. Also there is a patio area and outside dining. At night the outside has twinkle lights and is simply gorgeous, and right on the water with a boardwalk out on the river.
I explained to larry money was very tight for us and we wouldn't have even had a rehearsal dinner if it hadn't been for him being so generous. Larry is a seasoned chef for sure the food was five star quality.
I would recommend anyone thinking of using the Heitman House for their wedding venue or any type of event. Wonderful owner and staff.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Alexandra Drouhard was our wedding planner and she is an absolute power house! She tore vendors apart to get great deals. I never met a planner with financial planning experience and she genuinely put in extra time to make certain that our wedding and honeymoon tuned out, excellently. Not only did she hook us up with our vendors and get discounts, but she also stayed friendly with us and followed up with us after the wedding. Alexandra Drouhard is not only a a wedding and financial planner, but she is now a family friend. I have no doubt that we will always remain close and do business together. The Heitman House is a very special place.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot express how impressed we were with the location and professional services received on our wedding day and the year leading up. Larry and his staff treated us as if we were family. My husband and I got married 12/13/14 and in the year leading up to our special day, there were management changes- none of which interfered with planning. On my first visit to The Heitman House, I was blown away from the neatly trimmed landscaping and the historical architecture (my father is an architect, so I can contest to intricate and richly designed homes). The Heitman House went under several renovations in order to preserve the history of the house. We set up our cocktail hour (and a half) on the wrap-around porch where there were stations and servers passing around hors d'oeuvres. Our dinner was a buffet with professional servers dishing out food and carving meat. I will admit, I was hesitant to have a buffet since I think they are tacky, but Larry proved me wrong. Not only did it look pretty, managed efficiently, and made my mouth water- the food was UNBELIEVABLE. We had an unbelievable taste-testing months before the wedding, and Larry definitely listened to our different tastes and styles to help craft an amazing and delicious menu.
It's a month after the wedding, and my guests are still reminding me about how much fun they had and how great their experiences were. The Heitman House supplied us with a wedding coordinator (a small charge), but almost everyone on the staff helped assemble for the evening. It was wonderful working with Larry and the rest of his staff. Too bad I am only going to get married once because I want to relive my entire experience with this venue again (*maybe an anniversary celebration?). I would ABSOLUTELY recommend The Heitman House to a friend.

*Maybe an anniversary celebration?

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My wedding at the Heitman House was absolutely perfect! The house and location are absolutely breath taking, it's like your own secret garden. I could not have asked for better weather, or a better catering staff to take such good care of my event. Jordan Webster made sure that my day went exactly how I always dreamed! From his staff to his spectacular food my guests can not stop raving about the entire evening. With Martin from Complete as my DJ, Kelly from Creative Imaginations as my photographer, Sarah from Complete as my videographer, and the amazing staff working my photo booth I could not have picked any better vendors to make my day so special.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Heitman House is truly a magical place to get married. The venue is gorgeous, the grounds are breathtaking, the staff is attentive, and the food was spectacular!! Our guests are still raving over how delicious the food was that Larry prepared. My husband and I cannot say enough about Jose and Larry. They went above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect. From he moment I met Jose I knew there wasn't a need to worry about our day. He's got everything covered! We absolutely loved everything about being married here! I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

First I want to say how amazingly breathtaking this historic house is! From the moment I drove into the driveway , I just knew this is where the most important day of my life HAD to take place. As I met with Larry, Jose and Megan, I felt so comfortable and taken care of. They listened to every detail and went above and beyond. Our guests are still raving about the food Larry prepared for us at both the rehearsal dinner and our wedding night dinner. The staff was very professional. Larry and Megan truly out-did themselves with making sure there was always a smile on my face. I couldn't have imagined our day to be any more perfect. I already want to do it all over again!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Jose and Larry were great to me. I will always have good things to say about them. If you decide on this venue, you will be surprised with how beautiful it is and how great the service is. They really work with you no matter what your budget is. They have great professionalism and I'm so happy that I booked them. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Cyndie
03/29/2014

Event location is beautiful setting for weddings, anniversaries, private parties, etc! The staff worked very hard to make the event a first class production!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Cyndie
1 Review
03/29/2014

Excellent venue and service! Our guests said it was the best food that had ever had at a wedding! Presentation was beautiful

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Marc
03/22/2014

We used the Heitman House as our wedding venue on March 22nd and the experience was top notch and helped contribute to one of the best days of my life. Not only was the venue gorgeous, but the level of service we received from moment we booked until post event was unmatched. We were allowed to flexibility to visit the place multiple times leading up the event to show friends and family. Saying that the property partners Larry and Jose were a joy to work with is an understatement. Jose was always responsive, proactive and above all else had a genuine interest in ensuring that our day was perfect. He helped us coordinate with the vendors and even would provide us "back up plans" when emergencies arose with certain vendors. They were also very flexible and allowed us to do things most venues wouldn't allow i.e. we rented a grill so my friend could grill the guests Brazilian steak, we were allowed to bring our own alcohol and hired waitstaff to serve (which saved lots of $$). All of this helped contribute to an absolutely magical experience, this was seriously the best wedding ever!

Jessica & Travis
03/01/2014

March 1, 2014 was the best day ever! JP, Larry, and all involved helped make our wedding go off without a hitch. We couldn't have dreamed of a better day! When I began planning my wedding I wanted a venue that was "out of the box" and I truly got that and more. The Heitman House has historic charm along with a beautiful romantic atmosphere. Our guests are still raving about the amazing time they had at our wedding. We are forever thankful for all people involved and we wish we could re-live that day over and over again!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

Love, love, love this venue! My husband and I were looking for a wedding venue with a little more of a private, family friendly setting and a vintage feel.

We chose the Heitman House over other historic homes in the Fort Myers area because of the competitive rate, the house being furnished and "wedding ready" with all antique furniture, and the fact that we had the property for the whole weekend for one flat rate. All of this and more made our decision very easy.

I loved the design of the house so much, I did a watercolor painting of the front of it and had it on my wedding invitations. I would highly recommend this venue for any special occasion!

The Heitman House responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much, Saretta! Your entire family was such a joy to work with, and your wedding was absolutely unforgettable for all of us! Stay in touch, and send pictures when you get them back. :)

-Alexandra