The Heitman House

Value:
(4.5 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just had our menu tasting for our upcoming February wedding. The food was absolutely fabulous! Larry prepared everything fresh for us, and all the food was so flavorful! I only wish I had a bigger stomach for the amount of food he prepared for us for just the tasting. I cannot wait till our wedding day so I can get another chance to have such wonderful food!

• Wedding: 02/28/2015
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding at the Heitman House was absolutely perfect! The house and location are absolutely breath taking, it's like your own secret garden. I could not have asked for better weather, or a better catering staff to take such good care of my event. Jordan Webster made sure that my day went exactly how I always dreamed! From his staff to his spectacular food my guests can not stop raving about the entire evening. With Martin from Complete as my DJ, Kelly from Creative Imaginations as my photographer, Sarah from Complete as my videographer, and the amazing staff working my photo booth I could not have picked any better vendors to make my day so special.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Heitman House is truly a magical place to get married. The venue is gorgeous, the grounds are breathtaking, the staff is attentive, and the food was spectacular!! Our guests are still raving over how delicious the food was that Larry prepared. My husband and I cannot say enough about Jose and Larry. They went above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect. From he moment I met Jose I knew there wasn't a need to worry about our day. He's got everything covered! We absolutely loved everything about being married here! I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat!

• Wedding: 10/17/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

First I want to say how amazingly breathtaking this historic house is! From the moment I drove into the driveway , I just knew this is where the most important day of my life HAD to take place. As I met with Larry, Jose and Megan, I felt so comfortable and taken care of. They listened to every detail and went above and beyond. Our guests are still raving about the food Larry prepared for us at both the rehearsal dinner and our wedding night dinner. The staff was very professional. Larry and Megan truly out-did themselves with making sure there was always a smile on my face. I couldn't have imagined our day to be any more perfect. I already want to do it all over again!!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jose and Larry were great to me. I will always have good things to say about them. If you decide on this venue, you will be surprised with how beautiful it is and how great the service is. They really work with you no matter what your budget is. They have great professionalism and I'm so happy that I booked them. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Wedding: 07/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Event location is beautiful setting for weddings, anniversaries, private parties, etc! The staff worked very hard to make the event a first class production!

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Cyndie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Excellent venue and service! Our guests said it was the best food that had ever had at a wedding! Presentation was beautiful

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Cyndie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used the Heitman House as our wedding venue on March 22nd and the experience was top notch and helped contribute to one of the best days of my life. Not only was the venue gorgeous, but the level of service we received from moment we booked until post event was unmatched. We were allowed to flexibility to visit the place multiple times leading up the event to show friends and family. Saying that the property partners Larry and Jose were a joy to work with is an understatement. Jose was always responsive, proactive and above all else had a genuine interest in ensuring that our day was perfect. He helped us coordinate with the vendors and even would provide us "back up plans" when emergencies arose with certain vendors. They were also very flexible and allowed us to do things most venues wouldn't allow i.e. we rented a grill so my friend could grill the guests Brazilian steak, we were allowed to bring our own alcohol and hired waitstaff to serve (which saved lots of $$). All of this helped contribute to an absolutely magical experience, this was seriously the best wedding ever!

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
Marc
  • Flexibility: 5.0

March 1, 2014 was the best day ever! JP, Larry, and all involved helped make our wedding go off without a hitch. We couldn't have dreamed of a better day! When I began planning my wedding I wanted a venue that was "out of the box" and I truly got that and more. The Heitman House has historic charm along with a beautiful romantic atmosphere. Our guests are still raving about the amazing time they had at our wedding. We are forever thankful for all people involved and we wish we could re-live that day over and over again!

• Wedding: 03/01/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
Jessica & Travis
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Love, love, love this venue! My husband and I were looking for a wedding venue with a little more of a private, family friendly setting and a vintage feel.

We chose the Heitman House over other historic homes in the Fort Myers area because of the competitive rate, the house being furnished and "wedding ready" with all antique furniture, and the fact that we had the property for the whole weekend for one flat rate. All of this and more made our decision very easy.

I loved the design of the house so much, I did a watercolor painting of the front of it and had it on my wedding invitations. I would highly recommend this venue for any special occasion!

The Heitman House responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much, Saretta! Your entire family was such a joy to work with, and your wedding was absolutely unforgettable for all of us! Stay in touch, and send pictures when you get them back. :)

-Alexandra

• Wedding: 01/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Heitman House certainly is a well-kept secret. Charming, beautiful, and exceptionally nice staff! Our family loved it.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Planning a wedding can be stressful, as I have found out- it doesn't help that I'm the first in my family to have a "real wedding"... so my family couldn't offer much help. Thank God I found this place- more to the point thank God for Alexandra Drouhard!! She turned my mass confusion and stress into a wonderful, easy, fun wedding plan! She totally understood what I was going for and made it happen! She found me vendors who knew exactly what I wanted and her previous wedding experience addressed planning issues that I would have never thought of (entrances/exits, catering numbers, etc). Alex was such a delight to deal with- fun, energetic and organized. I would never have been able to pull of my dream wedding without her planning, input and advice! I HIGHLY recommend Alexandra Drouhard and the Heitman House if you are planning a wedding (even if you think you have it together). I was able to actually have fun planning my wedding- zero stress! It made the whole event from start to finish a blast!! My wedding went off without a hitch and I was able to relax and enjoy the whole thing! If you are planning your wedding you need Miss Drouhard! She will take your lists, ideas, and worries and turn them into to every girls dream wedding!!

• Wedding: 12/07/2013
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Skylar
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Heitman House was a beautiful place to have our daughter's wedding. The atmosphere was amazing. The staff was very accommodating. I would highly recommend having an event there.

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
Pamela
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Heitman House was more than a bargain, and the venue was perfect for our daughters wedding. She was interested in a vintage outdoor venue and everything went well. The team at the Heitman House were very familiar with other service providers in the area, like caterer and DJ and planners. My daughter was more than pleased and our family could not be happier with the venue we chose! Thanks to all and especially Alexandra!

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
Charles
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the moment I walked into this house I knew it was the perfect venue for my destination wedding. The house was perfect! Alexandra was amazing through the whole experience. She was not just a wedding vendor, she became a family friend. The day of the wedding she did everything in her power to make it a wonderful day. Thank you to the Heitman House staff for such a wonderful experience. You will not be forgotten ;)
~Kelly Drake

• Wedding: 10/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Heitman House has been my dream wedding location! Beautiful grounds, elegant house, and Miss Alexandea helped make everything come together perfectly, down to the tiniest detail !
This will defiantly be the future location for other events, anniversaries , baby showers!
I recommend Heitman House for your venue.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Private User
239-850-1171
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment