The Heitman House

Flexibility
Private User
1 Review
[Private]

We have chosen the Heitman House as our wedding venue and we couldn't be more excited to share the beautiful venue with our friends and family. Larry and Shannon give concierge level service and they are very responsive and answer our questions promptly. Everything can be personalized and they make it a smooth process. Might I mention, the food tasting was AMAZING! The food is very flavorful and it tastes as if it comes from a top notch restaurant. I can't wait for the big day and it's been a great experience thus far!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

i have no words to describe how incredible the Heitman House is! Shannon, the General Manager is out of this world amazing! The house it self is breathtaking-it's kept clean at all times and the staff is incredible to work with! The mean it when they say they are flexible and they respond so quickly and always have the answers to ANY question. The service is top notch and worth it very cent. The bridal suite is HUGE and has great lighting! Shannon is incredible- I have NOTHING but the greatest to share about her! She made sure i was stress free from the moment I met her.
The chef is amazing and the food is out of this world. Stop searching for a venue- you've found the perfect one right here!

Tracy
06/27/2015

My fiance and I recently had our tasting for our upcoming wedding at the Heitman House. Larry and Shannon did a phenomenal job from beginning to end. They were flexible when scheduling the evening and invited both sets of our parents to join us. We were treated to three different appetizers and two different entrees, all freshly cooked that evening. Larry takes great pride in his cooking skills, as he should. He detailed the preparation of each course that evening, and his food was absolutely exquisite. Shannon spent the evening mingling with us, serving us wine and beverages, and answering any/all of our questions. The two of them detailed the food selections presented to us that evening as well as several other options we could choose from for our wedding menu selection. Larry and Shannon are very professional as well as personable. They believe in providing the best possible service to their customers, and we felt like they did just that. We are so pleased to be working with Larry and Shannon on our upcoming wedding, and we cannot wait for more of Larry's fantastic food!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

I met Shannon and Sebastian at the bridal show at Germain Arena. To say the least, the bruschetta was awesome and they were both very informative. I scheduled a showing the following week! I met with Shannon who showed me the property and Larry, the chef, spoke about the food. As much as I wanted to book the Heitman House, I was unable to do so because our date was unavailable. My fiancee will be stationed overseas and we were limited with time and date. The property was beautiful. If it weren't for my urgency, I would definitely have booked here.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Heitman House has been my dream wedding location! Beautiful grounds, elegant house, and Miss Alexandea helped make everything come together perfectly, down to the tiniest detail !
This will defiantly be the future location for other events, anniversaries , baby showers!
I recommend Heitman House for your venue.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Private User
Recently Married

We had our wedding at The Heitman House last weekend and it was perfect! The setting was beautiful and our guests loved the old Florida feel. The food was fantastic! Larry was so accommodating leading up to the event and all weekend, his main concern was that our event was the best one they've ever had and that it was exactly how we pictured it. We ended up having to get a tent at the last minute and while I was a little bummed, it looked really pretty and our guests loved that they got to be in the shade. It was also really nice being able to use both the inside and outside of the house, our guests loved poking around in the historic home and a lot of them relaxed inside to take a break from dancing or to cool off.
Our wedding was honestly everything I had dreamed of and I would highly recommend The Heitman House and their entire staff (everyone was SO friendly!) to anyone looking for a gorgeous old Florida feel right on the river for their event!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our menu tasting for our upcoming February wedding. The food was absolutely fabulous! Larry prepared everything fresh for us, and all the food was so flavorful! I only wish I had a bigger stomach for the amount of food he prepared for us for just the tasting. I cannot wait till our wedding day so I can get another chance to have such wonderful food!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I went to the bridal show at the Harborside Event center and got selected for the battle of the brides with my raffle ticket where you have to dig through a wedding cake for a number of a prize. I won third place. In the third prize bag of prizes was a sunset dinner for two at the Heitman House in Fort Myers.
I called Larry the owner and asked him if I could exchange that 500$ prize for a rehearsal dinner for six. He was so nice and accommodating. My now husband has fish allergies Larry prepared a tremendous meal. It was so wonderful served family style he provided champagne as much as we wanted and the beautiful dining room setting and table settings made the dinner like something right out of a magazine. Plus the house itself and view is something all in itself. Also there is a patio area and outside dining. At night the outside has twinkle lights and is simply gorgeous, and right on the water with a boardwalk out on the river.
I explained to larry money was very tight for us and we wouldn't have even had a rehearsal dinner if it hadn't been for him being so generous. Larry is a seasoned chef for sure the food was five star quality.
I would recommend anyone thinking of using the Heitman House for their wedding venue or any type of event. Wonderful owner and staff.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Alexandra Drouhard was our wedding planner and she is an absolute power house! She tore vendors apart to get great deals. I never met a planner with financial planning experience and she genuinely put in extra time to make certain that our wedding and honeymoon tuned out, excellently. Not only did she hook us up with our vendors and get discounts, but she also stayed friendly with us and followed up with us after the wedding. Alexandra Drouhard is not only a a wedding and financial planner, but she is now a family friend. I have no doubt that we will always remain close and do business together. The Heitman House is a very special place.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot express how impressed we were with the location and professional services received on our wedding day and the year leading up. Larry and his staff treated us as if we were family. My husband and I got married 12/13/14 and in the year leading up to our special day, there were management changes- none of which interfered with planning. On my first visit to The Heitman House, I was blown away from the neatly trimmed landscaping and the historical architecture (my father is an architect, so I can contest to intricate and richly designed homes). The Heitman House went under several renovations in order to preserve the history of the house. We set up our cocktail hour (and a half) on the wrap-around porch where there were stations and servers passing around hors d'oeuvres. Our dinner was a buffet with professional servers dishing out food and carving meat. I will admit, I was hesitant to have a buffet since I think they are tacky, but Larry proved me wrong. Not only did it look pretty, managed efficiently, and made my mouth water- the food was UNBELIEVABLE. We had an unbelievable taste-testing months before the wedding, and Larry definitely listened to our different tastes and styles to help craft an amazing and delicious menu.
It's a month after the wedding, and my guests are still reminding me about how much fun they had and how great their experiences were. The Heitman House supplied us with a wedding coordinator (a small charge), but almost everyone on the staff helped assemble for the evening. It was wonderful working with Larry and the rest of his staff. Too bad I am only going to get married once because I want to relive my entire experience with this venue again (*maybe an anniversary celebration?). I would ABSOLUTELY recommend The Heitman House to a friend.

*Maybe an anniversary celebration?

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My wedding at the Heitman House was absolutely perfect! The house and location are absolutely breath taking, it's like your own secret garden. I could not have asked for better weather, or a better catering staff to take such good care of my event. Jordan Webster made sure that my day went exactly how I always dreamed! From his staff to his spectacular food my guests can not stop raving about the entire evening. With Martin from Complete as my DJ, Kelly from Creative Imaginations as my photographer, Sarah from Complete as my videographer, and the amazing staff working my photo booth I could not have picked any better vendors to make my day so special.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Heitman House is truly a magical place to get married. The venue is gorgeous, the grounds are breathtaking, the staff is attentive, and the food was spectacular!! Our guests are still raving over how delicious the food was that Larry prepared. My husband and I cannot say enough about Jose and Larry. They went above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect. From he moment I met Jose I knew there wasn't a need to worry about our day. He's got everything covered! We absolutely loved everything about being married here! I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

First I want to say how amazingly breathtaking this historic house is! From the moment I drove into the driveway , I just knew this is where the most important day of my life HAD to take place. As I met with Larry, Jose and Megan, I felt so comfortable and taken care of. They listened to every detail and went above and beyond. Our guests are still raving about the food Larry prepared for us at both the rehearsal dinner and our wedding night dinner. The staff was very professional. Larry and Megan truly out-did themselves with making sure there was always a smile on my face. I couldn't have imagined our day to be any more perfect. I already want to do it all over again!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Jose and Larry were great to me. I will always have good things to say about them. If you decide on this venue, you will be surprised with how beautiful it is and how great the service is. They really work with you no matter what your budget is. They have great professionalism and I'm so happy that I booked them. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Cyndie
03/29/2014

Event location is beautiful setting for weddings, anniversaries, private parties, etc! The staff worked very hard to make the event a first class production!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Cyndie
1 Review
03/29/2014

Excellent venue and service! Our guests said it was the best food that had ever had at a wedding! Presentation was beautiful

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning