the flour child

Value
Flexibility
Derrick
06/30/2015

Alixe fit great with our personality and she got exactly how to create our cake for our theme. The best part was it TASTED GREAT TOO! So many times you find a nice looking cake that tastes okay, but her work is beautiful and tastes wonderful.

Sydney
06/13/2015

Alixe and the flour child was great for our wedding. The cake was absolutely delicious and beautiful as well. Alixe worked with me to make sure the cake was exactly how I wanted it and was very thorough throughout the entire planning process.

I would highly recommend the flour child to anyone!

ChampagneDream
Recently Married

Alixe at The Flour Child is AMAZING!! She is so pleasant to work with and is incredibly creative. Our guests are still talking about the delicious cake and favors. We are so pleased!! We look forward to visiting her bakery every chance we get.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We were having our wedding in Lancaster but we live in New Jersey. So we asked our caterer to recommend someone they trusted for our wedding cake. We were very particular about our cake. We wanted all butter cream, no fondant but we wanted the beauty that you sometimes get more easily with fondant. Well Flour Child delivered a beautiful cake. Lace and swiss dot cake that was delicious. You can't go wrong with Flour Child!

J.
06/06/2015

This is the yummiest wedding cake you will ever eat! My guests loved the flavors too. Upon meeting Alixe at the Flour Child, I knew our cake was going to be in amazing baker hands. My best friends used, The Flour Child, for their wedding cake a few years ago, so I knew from the beginning I wanted their wedding cake! Alixe gets it, she is talented, and knows her stuff. She is also, in my opinion, the buttercream queen! And makes fantastic butter cream icings like maple walnut and irish cream! Alixe delivered her cake in person and also put the flowers on herself at the venue on the day of our wedding. I highly recommend, The Flour Child, to anyone who wants their friends and family to remember how fantastic the cake was at their wedding!

Leah
04/19/2015

I had a very specific vision for my cake table. A giant cake with lots of smaller family cakes to accompany it. When I walked in, and got a chance to see my cake table, I was completely blown away. It was like Alixe pulled the vision right out of my head! During our tasting Alixe even helped me win over my mother to have a fake large cake witih 10 (thats right 10!) smaller cakes of different flavors. The largest cake looked so real my brother thought we were throwing cake away at the end of the night during the clean up process. Alixe even put different decorations on the cakes, including the enlisted USMC emblem to make all my cakes look spectacular! She even was okay with having 3 cakes my family baked intermixed in the setup to go along with my vision. Not only did they look good, they tasted even better. Out of 10 8-10in round cakes we had 1.5 cakes leftover the next day, and none by that Monday! My mother also had her make a cake for my bridal shower which was gorgeously decorated as well. Over all If I lived closer I would have all my cakes made by Alixe and the Flour Child!

4.7

If you are having a wedding in Lancaster and want an affordable, delicious, beautiful cake-the call Flour Child today. Alixe was super helpful and flexible - we had so many ideas and she was able to make our vision a reality. The cupcakes and cake were delicious. I even called last minute and had her make a grooms cake and she didn't even stress. Just said yes and it was a beautiful surprise. I would use her again for upcoming showers, baby events, and birthday parties. Out of my vendors we used on our wedding day - she was one that I met with, ordered, and didn't have to worry about the job getting done. She took care of everything. Thank you again!!!!!!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Extremely professional and easy to work with! After our initial tasting there was no doubt who our wedding cake vendor would be. If it is any indication of our delicious our cake was, I went up for a piece at the end of the night and there was not a piece a left! Alixe you did an incredible job.

Recently Married

Alixe is AMAZING! I can not stress that enough. She was so easy to work with and flexible with everything. Our tasting was very laid back and comfortable. She had a lot of awesome ideas for our wedding cake and when I saw it in person, it was even more beautiful than I thought it would be. We got so many compliments on the cake and people asking who made it. I've worked with Alixe on cakes before and she never disappoints. I will be continuing to get my cakes from her!

Angelique
11/28/2014

Alixe was great. She gave us so many options and had us laughing during the sampling appt. The cake was beautiful and delicious and the price was so reasonable. Highly recommend!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I used Alixe for my Nov. 2 wedding and was thrilled with the conversation prior to booking, the actual tasting was not just tasty, but elegant. Alixe was a pleasure to work with! The carrot cake is absolutely amazing...and I really am not a cake person!! :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

They were easy to work with. We had a cupcake tower for our wedding cake and everyone loved it!

Recently Married

Everyone should be so lucky to have Alixe make their wedding cake! Our cupcakes were a.maz.ing!! Alixe was prompt and quick to respond to any questions I had and she made us feel like friends, not clients. We looked at other bakeries and always felt like just a number - not so here. She was very flexible and helpful with helping us pick our yummy flavors. Our guests raved about our flavors! We will continue to get goodies and treats from TFC and we can't wait for our anniversary cake!

Recently Married

Alixe was awesome to work with! The cake tasting was a blast. It was so hard to choose but we picked different tiers of chocolate with cookies n cream icing and raspberry swirl with raspberry icing. Both were delicious! We had an idea of what we wanted the cake to look like, but Alixe really took off with our vision and made it better than we could have imagined! We would definitely recommend the flour child!

Recently Married

The cupcake tower was adorable. On Facebook, there are more pictures of these cupcakes than of myself lol! It's because it looked so good. And best of all, it tasted delicious! I am not a cake person and usually don't really like cake but The Flour Child's cakes are crave-worthy. I was almost more excited to have this cake on our wedding day than I was for the wedding. Absolutely delicious and very well done!

Recently Married

We used TFC for our wedding cake and we were very impressed. From the beginning, Alixe was awesome to work with. They offer a complimentary cake tasting, which was super fun and really helpful with picking out flavors. We chose a marble cake with peanut butter icing and it was soo good! So many of our guests complimented us on the cake. I showed Alixe a picture of the cake I wanted and she did exactly what I asked and our cake looked just like the picture! I also had Alixe make my husband a groom's cake and that turned out just as amazing as our wedding cake. Prices at TFC are very reasonable too compared to other bakeries. I would definitely recommend having your wedding cake from TFC!