the flour child

the flour child

646 union street
Columbia, PA 17512 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Fruit, Groom's Cake
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Gluten Free, Lactose Free
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alixe is AMAZING! I can not stress that enough. She was so easy to work with and flexible with everything. Our tasting was very laid back and comfortable. She had a lot of awesome ideas for our wedding cake and when I saw it in person, it was even more beautiful than I thought it would be. We got so many compliments on the cake and people asking who made it. I've worked with Alixe on cakes before and she never disappoints. I will be continuing to get my cakes from her!

• Wedding: 12/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alixe was great. She gave us so many options and had us laughing during the sampling appt. The cake was beautiful and delicious and the price was so reasonable. Highly recommend!

• Wedding: 11/28/2014
Angelique
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They were easy to work with. We had a cupcake tower for our wedding cake and everyone loved it!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone should be so lucky to have Alixe make their wedding cake! Our cupcakes were a.maz.ing!! Alixe was prompt and quick to respond to any questions I had and she made us feel like friends, not clients. We looked at other bakeries and always felt like just a number - not so here. She was very flexible and helpful with helping us pick our yummy flavors. Our guests raved about our flavors! We will continue to get goodies and treats from TFC and we can't wait for our anniversary cake!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Alixe was awesome to work with! The cake tasting was a blast. It was so hard to choose but we picked different tiers of chocolate with cookies n cream icing and raspberry swirl with raspberry icing. Both were delicious! We had an idea of what we wanted the cake to look like, but Alixe really took off with our vision and made it better than we could have imagined! We would definitely recommend the flour child!

• Flexibility: 5.0

The cupcake tower was adorable. On Facebook, there are more pictures of these cupcakes than of myself lol! It's because it looked so good. And best of all, it tasted delicious! I am not a cake person and usually don't really like cake but The Flour Child's cakes are crave-worthy. I was almost more excited to have this cake on our wedding day than I was for the wedding. Absolutely delicious and very well done!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We used TFC for our wedding cake and we were very impressed. From the beginning, Alixe was awesome to work with. They offer a complimentary cake tasting, which was super fun and really helpful with picking out flavors. We chose a marble cake with peanut butter icing and it was soo good! So many of our guests complimented us on the cake. I showed Alixe a picture of the cake I wanted and she did exactly what I asked and our cake looked just like the picture! I also had Alixe make my husband a groom's cake and that turned out just as amazing as our wedding cake. Prices at TFC are very reasonable too compared to other bakeries. I would definitely recommend having your wedding cake from TFC!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Flour Child is fantastic! We had cupcakes as well as a grooms cake, and everything was wonderful. Everything turned out beautifully and most important, DELICIOUS! The prices there are incredibly reasonable as well! I would highly recommend them! =]

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alixe was great - her prices are very reasonable and our cake turned out perfect. Everything went as smoothly as it could! We got three different flavors and all of our guests raved about how great they were! We will definitely be using The Flour Child for all of our cake needs in the future - can't recommend enough!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

So happy that The Flour Child made the cake and cupcakes for our wedding! Everything was GORGEOUS and DELICIOUS! If you love buttercream icing (in so many wonderful flavors), you should definitely go with The Flour Child. Yum.
Alixe was a pleasure to work with, and understood my vision for the cake. Highly recommended!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
Amelia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alixe Ingoglia Hemerly, owner of The Flour Child made the process of choosing a wedding cake easy. It was exactly what I asked for. She provides options for all budgets! I would highly recommend this vendor for any event.

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wonderful -Fresh -moist- and very nicely presentation.

• Wedding: 07/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alixe, where do I even begin?

You are such a wonderful person to work with. Your passion for making the most beautiful cakes just shines through the way you carry yourself, through emails and in person. I am SO blessed that you were the one to make our wedding cake so so beautiful.

But of course, I must comment on how YUMMY the cake was. Omgosh. Beautiful inside and out. WOW! I should have ordered another cake because there were zero leftovers. Cannot wait to open up our anniversary cake!

Alixe, from the bottom of my heart, Thank you.

Love,
Lena and Ryan!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Flour Child has the BEST cake I have ever tried :) Even a guest at my wedding who does not typically like cake/cupcakes/etc. said that the cake was awesome! Alixe is so sweet, the cake trial was a lot of fun, the cake looked amazing (exactly what we wanted!), and the price was great! I highly recommend The Flour Child!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We LOVE TFC!! We have used them many times and have referred many friends to them who have chosen to use them for their weddings also!
They did our Shower cupcakes, wedding cupcake tower, 2 special b-day celebrations and we plan on using them for future celebrations as well.

• Wedding: 04/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The best wedding cake we ever had. If you are getting married in Central Pennsylvania, you should go to the Flour Child, speak with Alixe, and then order your cake.

We had some unorthodox ideas about our wedding cake. We wanted multiple flavors and we wanted cakes on every table. We were up for doing something different. After meeting with three separate bakers, all we were told was, "You shouldn't do that, just have one cake, maybe two flavors." No one wanted to think outside of their overpriced box. Once we met with the Flour Child, our ideas were met with enthusiasm and encouragement. Alixe provided more ideas and together we were able to come up with the idea of having a cake flight, three separate slices of cake on the same plate. It was a great solution for us. Then Alixe told us that there would be no additional charge for the cake flight.

There are value buys and then there are deals that enhance your wedding and make memories for a lifetime. We strongly recommend the Flour Child in Columbia, PA.

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
717-431-8877
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards