the flour child

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

If you are having a wedding in Lancaster and want an affordable, delicious, beautiful cake-the call Flour Child today. Alixe was super helpful and flexible - we had so many ideas and she was able to make our vision a reality. The cupcakes and cake were delicious. I even called last minute and had her make a grooms cake and she didn't even stress. Just said yes and it was a beautiful surprise. I would use her again for upcoming showers, baby events, and birthday parties. Out of my vendors we used on our wedding day - she was one that I met with, ordered, and didn't have to worry about the job getting done. She took care of everything. Thank you again!!!!!!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Extremely professional and easy to work with! After our initial tasting there was no doubt who our wedding cake vendor would be. If it is any indication of our delicious our cake was, I went up for a piece at the end of the night and there was not a piece a left! Alixe you did an incredible job.

Recently Married

Alixe is AMAZING! I can not stress that enough. She was so easy to work with and flexible with everything. Our tasting was very laid back and comfortable. She had a lot of awesome ideas for our wedding cake and when I saw it in person, it was even more beautiful than I thought it would be. We got so many compliments on the cake and people asking who made it. I've worked with Alixe on cakes before and she never disappoints. I will be continuing to get my cakes from her!

Angelique
11/28/2014

Alixe was great. She gave us so many options and had us laughing during the sampling appt. The cake was beautiful and delicious and the price was so reasonable. Highly recommend!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I used Alixe for my Nov. 2 wedding and was thrilled with the conversation prior to booking, the actual tasting was not just tasty, but elegant. Alixe was a pleasure to work with! The carrot cake is absolutely amazing...and I really am not a cake person!! :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

They were easy to work with. We had a cupcake tower for our wedding cake and everyone loved it!

Recently Married

Everyone should be so lucky to have Alixe make their wedding cake! Our cupcakes were a.maz.ing!! Alixe was prompt and quick to respond to any questions I had and she made us feel like friends, not clients. We looked at other bakeries and always felt like just a number - not so here. She was very flexible and helpful with helping us pick our yummy flavors. Our guests raved about our flavors! We will continue to get goodies and treats from TFC and we can't wait for our anniversary cake!

Recently Married

Alixe was awesome to work with! The cake tasting was a blast. It was so hard to choose but we picked different tiers of chocolate with cookies n cream icing and raspberry swirl with raspberry icing. Both were delicious! We had an idea of what we wanted the cake to look like, but Alixe really took off with our vision and made it better than we could have imagined! We would definitely recommend the flour child!

Recently Married

The cupcake tower was adorable. On Facebook, there are more pictures of these cupcakes than of myself lol! It's because it looked so good. And best of all, it tasted delicious! I am not a cake person and usually don't really like cake but The Flour Child's cakes are crave-worthy. I was almost more excited to have this cake on our wedding day than I was for the wedding. Absolutely delicious and very well done!

Recently Married

We used TFC for our wedding cake and we were very impressed. From the beginning, Alixe was awesome to work with. They offer a complimentary cake tasting, which was super fun and really helpful with picking out flavors. We chose a marble cake with peanut butter icing and it was soo good! So many of our guests complimented us on the cake. I showed Alixe a picture of the cake I wanted and she did exactly what I asked and our cake looked just like the picture! I also had Alixe make my husband a groom's cake and that turned out just as amazing as our wedding cake. Prices at TFC are very reasonable too compared to other bakeries. I would definitely recommend having your wedding cake from TFC!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The Flour Child is fantastic! We had cupcakes as well as a grooms cake, and everything was wonderful. Everything turned out beautifully and most important, DELICIOUS! The prices there are incredibly reasonable as well! I would highly recommend them! =]

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Alixe was great - her prices are very reasonable and our cake turned out perfect. Everything went as smoothly as it could! We got three different flavors and all of our guests raved about how great they were! We will definitely be using The Flour Child for all of our cake needs in the future - can't recommend enough!

Amelia
08/30/2014

So happy that The Flour Child made the cake and cupcakes for our wedding! Everything was GORGEOUS and DELICIOUS! If you love buttercream icing (in so many wonderful flavors), you should definitely go with The Flour Child. Yum.
Alixe was a pleasure to work with, and understood my vision for the cake. Highly recommended!

Anonymous
Recently Married

Alixe Ingoglia Hemerly, owner of The Flour Child made the process of choosing a wedding cake easy. It was exactly what I asked for. She provides options for all budgets! I would highly recommend this vendor for any event.

Recently Married

Very delicious cake, but sales associate could have been more helpful. Still check them out and plan way ahead, because they are very busy with weddings and other parties.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The Flour Child is nothing short of amazing. We got our wedding cupcakes and cake topper there and still continue to visit them for sweet treats! All of our guests went on and on about how delicious their cupcakes are. Price wise they are very reasonable and Alixe always gets back to you in a timely manner. She is so personable she makes the entire experience from start to finish smooth and fun :)