The English Manor

Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

1. Staff: AMAZING!! Every single member of The English Manor team was incredible, professional and so welcoming. They made us feel at home and guided us in our planning process using their expertise but without overtaking it. Lisa, our Maitre d' was remarkable. A personal thank you to her. My husband and I had our dream wedding b/c of all her help and support. Also the server, Marlyn, who personally took care of my husband and I, was so on point. We could see her dedication to her job and to us. Kristy, who toured us on our first visit, is so sweet and knowledgeable. Every time I called and made a visit to EM she had a smile on her face. And all the servers/bartenders, were so professional and kind to our guests. Thank you to you all!!
2. The Food; absolutely incredible. Not only was the food versatile for all tastes but also so delicious. I told my guests that once they had their main course, they would be asked if they would like to try the other dish. No one believed me and they all said no venue does that. Well sure enough at the night of our wedding, the servers did just that. They came around with seconds for all our guests. The English Manor delivers on what they say! Oh and the champagne they serve is so delicious.
3. Overall Experience: Words cannot express how wonderful everything was. We told them our vision and they got it right from the start. We added our personal touches and they were more than willing to help us achieve it. I wanted to have a romantic wedding, filled with family/friends that have a great time. And it was all that and more. All the feedback I got was incredible. Everyone had a blast!
4. Venue Design/Landscape: Beautiful!! When we walked outside to see the grounds they were stunning. So beautiful and private. It really felt like we were at a secluded destination but we never had to get on a plane. It all made for wonderful pictures. And the inside is set up so perfectly. Overall 100% perfect!! Thank you!

• Wedding: 11/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the second we pulled up and walked in we knew this was the place. And that was just the inside. Then Lisa (who we just hit it off with immediately) took us to the grounds in the back and it took our breath away. They were helpful all the way through the whole process. Lisa assured me a stress free day and she over delivered. Thank you doesn't even seem like enough to say. Our guests raved all night about the food and just how gorgeous the entire establishment is. Guest telling me that it was the best wedding they have been to in ages... they could not get over the food at the cocktail hour and how amazing it was and shocked when they were asked if they wanted seconds at dinner. My son the next morning said mom the cocktail hour was slammin lol .I got to work today and all our Co workers raved all day about the wedding.Lisa made sure all our request were met for our guests with food allergies. Which was so important to us. I can honestly say our wedding was magical and we have Lisa and the entire staff to thank. Xoxo thank you just isn't enough.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The English Manor........our dream venue! Seriously!! My husband & I booked it right at the end of our first tour. It was the *only* place we looked at. Its decor, astronomical amount of food/ cocktail options, service, etc, is just wonderful. We had an English-themed wedding and, for obvious reasons, it was a perfect pairing. Our day-of coordinator, Denise, is a gem! My husband-- the most nervous Groom in the world-- harangued this lady with texts and emails to make sure everything was perfect, and it was! She is a lifesaver. We received so, so many compliments on the place itself, the food, and especially the Cocktail Hour. Wedding cake (we chose the cannoli cream option) was fabulous. It didn't taste like generic wedding cake, grainy and full of chewy fondant.. was delicious. Offering "seconds" on entrees to all the guests was a great touch. No guest will go home hungry or feel they have to stop for fast-food after because the dinner plates were minuscule. Excellent value for the location and all the amenities they provide. We were saddened that it did indeed rain on our day, so the Ceremony had to be moved inside, but boy, did it work out! The way the staff dressed the Ball Room (and then flipped it for Reception), made it look like a totally different venue. And as soon as the sun shone through the rain, Denise made certain to grab us and suggest running out to their beautiful wrought-iron gazebo to snap a few photos for our wedding album. Truly a magical day! A month later, we are still not "over" talking about it each and every night.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Simply the most beautiful place to get married. Lisa was great and helped us customize our entire day to make the most use out of the stunning outdoor grounds. And I don't know where to begin with the food, we had a hard time narrowing down the options! My only wish was that the party could have lasted all weekend, bc we had the best day at our wedding!

• Wedding: 09/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food was great and the place gave a perfect atmosphere. We all had such a great time. Our wedding was perfect. I wish I could do it all over again. We had the A band play and our music was great and danced all night. Denise made everything perfect for us.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My son's wedding was held on 9/13/14 (Matt/Kerri Hehner) and I have to say it was such a wonderful experience - they were so professional and intuned to our needs and wants. It was suppose to be outside, unfortunately it rained, and they took care of making it the most beautiful occasion ever. I would recommend this venue to anyone and u can ask me any questions about their service, the food (was absolutely delicious) and any other detail u would want to know. If they had a 10 rating, they would have it from the Hehner's. English Manor - thank u for the wonderful day and the everlasting memories.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter's wedding could not have been more beautiful. The English Manor staff could not have been more accommodating. And Lisa our hostess, words cannot explain how great she was. Thank you all.

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
Services Used: Catering
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We looked at a few places prior to making our way to The English Manor, but I have to tell you when I walked in I knew right away this was the place, I wanted our wedding reception to take place. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and well kept. The staff was so helpful and nice. Lisa was our maître d' and very wonderful to work with, she helped make planning very easy. Anytime, I called throughout my planning anyone I spoke with was very helpful and never made me feel like a bother. I had about 165 guests and I have to say, everyone just raved about our wedding and how wonderful it was. The outside cocktail hour we were blessed to have was absolutely perfect!!! There was so much food and everyone loved it. I love The English Manor and if I were able to do it all over again, I wouldn't do anything different! I would recommend this place to any bride looking for the Perfect place to have their wedding.

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

WOW! I can't even express our full gratitude here but I will try. The English Manor really made our wedding fantastic and perfect. Lisa and the whole team made it very clear that their goal and purpose was to make the whole day exactly what we wanted. The preparation and care that Lisa took in the days before the wedding really showed. She helped the whole day run so smoothly that we felt present during every point of the wedding. I had nothing I was worried about because they were one step ahead. They made sure the grandparents were where they had to be (with mobility issues); they made sure my husband and I ate; they were at my side the moment I got a questioning look on my face; and they helped load the car at the end of the night. I really cannot say enough about the service. We were treated like royalty and I am so so grateful.

The venue itself is exactly what we wanted. It is elegant yet homey. Since there is only one wedding at a time you really feel at home there. They set up the living room for a personal touch. We were lucky enough to have gorgeous weather and used the black gazebo for our ceremony (perfect) and had a spectacular outdoor cocktail hour (perfect). During our reception with 150 people and a photobooth there was plenty of room to walk between the tables and dance the night away. Our photographer also had plenty of gorgeous photo-op locations right on the property. Again...PERFECT.

The food....PERFECT. :) EVERYTHING was delicious. We chose a buffet style service and not only was one thing better tasting than the next but the buffet line (or room should I say) was always full and attended by English Manor staff.

We LOVE THE ENGLISH MANOR! THANK YOU!!

• Wedding: 09/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The only word I can think of to describe my experience with The English Manor is perfect. From the staff to the food to the look of the venue, my wedding was more beautiful than I had imagined it. Even though the threat of rain caused us to move the cocktail hour inside, I have zero complaints! People have called us to tell us how beautiful the wedding was, and how impressed they were by the English Manor. This was the perfect venue for us, and we have no regrets about holding our wedding there. You would be crazy to have your wedding anywhere else!!!!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding at the English Manor on Aug 15, 2014. Our ceremony and cocktail hour were outside, reception with buffet were inside. From the start, Lisa and her staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful. They seem to truly enjoy their work, which made planning much easier and our wedding day even more fun! The grounds, the manor, the details, everything was absolutely stunning. Half of our guests were vegetarian, half committed carnivores, and some just plain picky. The food was amazing, the variety was unbelievable, and Lisa went to great lengths to add special touches, including non-alcoholic champagne for some and a special bottle of scotch for my father. There is not a single thing that either of us would change about that day and Lisa and her staff are a huge part of it. They don't make you feel like clients, they make you feel like family.

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I visited many venues prior to choosing The English Manor for our Wedding. From the very first moment we entered the building we knew we were in the right place! The grounds are just beautiful! We were married this past summer and the flowers were all in bloom, our wedding photos are vibrant and full of lovely summer colors! The staff was courteous and helpful at all times...no matter how many times I called or stopped in to try out different designs on their outdoor gazebo! The food was amazing from start to finish, everyone of my guests raved about the menu! We could not have picked a more perfect place to begin our new life together!

• Wedding: 07/27/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Profile Picture
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough good things about our wedding at the English Manor on 7/4/14. Our Maitre D' Denise was amazing and made everything so easy for us! The drop off the night before was so easy, I really didn't tell them what to do with our stuff and they made everything look beautiful! Unfortunately, it rained all day, but it was a late ceremony and the rain stopped shortly before the ceremony, the sun came out and it was gorgeous outside. About 10/15 minutes before the ceremony Denise came to me and said if you want it to be outside we will set everything up outside and make it happen. I opted to keep it inside because I had already accepted it, but I couldn't believe they were willing to set it up so last minute! She had even gone out of her way to figure out a way to use the aisle decorations I made that were made specifically to hang on the outdoor chairs. She made everything go so smoothly, even after almost getting knocked out by a flying cork from a bottle of champagne that popped by itself (sorry Denise!!) she didn't miss a beat. Lisa was also amazing, she went out of her way to come and see me and add special unexpected touches to our wedding, and she even got special beer for a special family member to enjoy! Even though the ceremony was outside, our guests were able to enjoy the beautiful grounds during cocktail hour and we were able to get some beautiful bridal party pictures outside. The food was great - a couple months later we still have people commenting on how delicious the food was. I have been told by several people that it was the best wedding that they have been to and I 100% agree, thank you so much for making our wedding everything we hoped for and more!

• Wedding: 07/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I fell in love with The English Manor as soon as I walked in the door. I loved the idea of one wedding at a time, and the Manor is such a warm, intimate setting that was very appealing to me. It was also important that in case of rain I had a Plan B that I was happy with, which I found at the Manor. Luckily we had great weather for our wedding day. The amount and quality of the food was outstanding, the grounds are gorgeous, and everything ran smoothly. There was one server in particular (Jill) who was always coming to see if we needed anything - she was fantastic and made me feel very special. I couldn't have wished for a better venue.

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just got married at the English Manor and it couldn't have been more perfect. Their packages are extremely affordable and the venue is beautiful. Our maitre'd, Joann, worked very closely with us to streamline the day and make it carefree. Once I dropped off my favors, cake topper, etc the day before, I never had to worry about anything. We lucked out with a sunny day and all our guests raved about the cocktail hour on the deck. I was a little worried about there being enough space for a larger wedding, but there wasn't any problem. The food, drinks, and service were excellent. We even had our own server to fetch drinks and food. I really hope one of my husband's cousins decides to get married at The English Manor so I can experience it someday as a guest.

• Wedding: 05/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could go on for hours how amazing the venue truly was. Everything was prefect - from the setting outside in the garden for the wedding, to the amazing food and impeccable service. They made my wedding day spectacular!!

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
Profile Picture
Victoria
732-776-8558
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards