The English Manor

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My husband and I were married at the English Manor on March 14th and we could not have asked for a better day. Lisa and her staff were more than accommodating from the very first time we walked in to do a site visit. Lisa added little things to make sure I was able to get exactly what I wanted. When it came down to preparing for the wedding I couldn't have asked for a better person to help me deal with things than Denise. She made sure everything was perfect and that I had no worries at all. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you Lisa and Denise & everyone at the English manor!!

Profile Picture
Erin
12/13/2014

My wedding day was absolutely perfect and a huge part of that is because of the English Manor. The location and building are absolutely beautiful. My wedding date was 12-13-14 so everything was decorated for Christmas and winter and it was gorgeous! All my guests felt at home at the English Manor. I love how there is only one wedding at a time and that there are separate spaces for the cocktail hour and reception. All the women I talked to were very accommodating and helpful. Denise made sure the room was set up perfectly and made sure I did not have to worry about a thing the night of the wedding. The food was excellent and great service as well. I wish I could do it all over again!!!

Profile Picture
Jenna
11/21/2014

The English Manor gave me the wedding of my dreams! The venue was absolutely gorgeous- inside and out. The staff made you feel so welcome- like it was your own home. The food was delicious, especially at cocktail hour. All of the guests raved about the drinks and food served all night. The English Manor was perfect!

1 person found this review helpful

We were so happy with the way everything turned out for our wedding at The English Manor! We LOVED Denise and the way she accommodated our every need. All of the staff were very professional and attentive to all our guests, which was greatly appreciated. Our guests have continued to reach out to us to tell us how beautiful, nice, and delicious our wedding was. Everyone was so impressed! Thanks for all that you do!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

1. Staff: AMAZING!! Every single member of The English Manor team was incredible, professional and so welcoming. They made us feel at home and guided us in our planning process using their expertise but without overtaking it. Lisa, our Maitre d' was remarkable. A personal thank you to her. My husband and I had our dream wedding b/c of all her help and support. Also the server, Marlyn, who personally took care of my husband and I, was so on point. We could see her dedication to her job and to us. Kristy, who toured us on our first visit, is so sweet and knowledgeable. Every time I called and made a visit to EM she had a smile on her face. And all the servers/bartenders, were so professional and kind to our guests. Thank you to you all!! 2. The Food; absolutely incredible. Not only was the food versatile for all tastes but also so delicious. I told my guests that once they had their main course, they would be asked if they would like to try the other dish. No one believed me and they all said no venue does that. Well sure enough at the night of our wedding, the servers did just that. They came around with seconds for all our guests. The English Manor delivers on what they say! Oh and the champagne they serve is so delicious. 3. Overall Experience: Words cannot express how wonderful everything was. We told them our vision and they got it right from the start. We added our personal touches and they were more than willing to help us achieve it. I wanted to have a romantic wedding, filled with family/friends that have a great time. And it was all that and more. All the feedback I got was incredible. Everyone had a blast! 4. Venue Design/Landscape: Beautiful!! When we walked outside to see the grounds they were stunning. So beautiful and private. It really felt like we were at a secluded destination but we never had to get on a plane. It all made for wonderful pictures. And the inside is set up so perfectly. Overall 100% perfect!! Thank you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the second we pulled up and walked in we knew this was the place. And that was just the inside. Then Lisa (who we just hit it off with immediately) took us to the grounds in the back and it took our breath away. They were helpful all the way through the whole process. Lisa assured me a stress free day and she over delivered. Thank you doesn't even seem like enough to say. Our guests raved all night about the food and just how gorgeous the entire establishment is. Guest telling me that it was the best wedding they have been to in ages... they could not get over the food at the cocktail hour and how amazing it was and shocked when they were asked if they wanted seconds at dinner. My son the next morning said mom the cocktail hour was slammin lol .I got to work today and all our Co workers raved all day about the wedding.Lisa made sure all our request were met for our guests with food allergies. Which was so important to us. I can honestly say our wedding was magical and we have Lisa and the entire staff to thank. Xoxo thank you just isn't enough.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The English Manor........our dream venue! Seriously!! My husband & I booked it right at the end of our first tour. It was the *only* place we looked at. Its decor, astronomical amount of food/ cocktail options, service, etc, is just wonderful. We had an English-themed wedding and, for obvious reasons, it was a perfect pairing. Our day-of coordinator, Denise, is a gem! My husband-- the most nervous Groom in the world-- harangued this lady with texts and emails to make sure everything was perfect, and it was! She is a lifesaver. We received so, so many compliments on the place itself, the food, and especially the Cocktail Hour. Wedding cake (we chose the cannoli cream option) was fabulous. It didn't taste like generic wedding cake, grainy and full of chewy fondant.. was delicious. Offering "seconds" on entrees to all the guests was a great touch. No guest will go home hungry or feel they have to stop for fast-food after because the dinner plates were minuscule. Excellent value for the location and all the amenities they provide. We were saddened that it did indeed rain on our day, so the Ceremony had to be moved inside, but boy, did it work out! The way the staff dressed the Ball Room (and then flipped it for Reception), made it look like a totally different venue. And as soon as the sun shone through the rain, Denise made certain to grab us and suggest running out to their beautiful wrought-iron gazebo to snap a few photos for our wedding album. Truly a magical day! A month later, we are still not "over" talking about it each and every night.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Simply the most beautiful place to get married. Lisa was great and helped us customize our entire day to make the most use out of the stunning outdoor grounds. And I don't know where to begin with the food, we had a hard time narrowing down the options! My only wish was that the party could have lasted all weekend, bc we had the best day at our wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The food was great and the place gave a perfect atmosphere. We all had such a great time. Our wedding was perfect. I wish I could do it all over again. We had the A band play and our music was great and danced all night. Denise made everything perfect for us.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

My son's wedding was held on 9/13/14 (Matt/Kerri Hehner) and I have to say it was such a wonderful experience - they were so professional and intuned to our needs and wants. It was suppose to be outside, unfortunately it rained, and they took care of making it the most beautiful occasion ever. I would recommend this venue to anyone and u can ask me any questions about their service, the food (was absolutely delicious) and any other detail u would want to know. If they had a 10 rating, they would have it from the Hehner's. English Manor - thank u for the wonderful day and the everlasting memories.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's wedding could not have been more beautiful. The English Manor staff could not have been more accommodating. And Lisa our hostess, words cannot explain how great she was. Thank you all.

Services Used: Catering

We looked at a few places prior to making our way to The English Manor, but I have to tell you when I walked in I knew right away this was the place, I wanted our wedding reception to take place. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and well kept. The staff was so helpful and nice. Lisa was our maître d' and very wonderful to work with, she helped make planning very easy. Anytime, I called throughout my planning anyone I spoke with was very helpful and never made me feel like a bother. I had about 165 guests and I have to say, everyone just raved about our wedding and how wonderful it was. The outside cocktail hour we were blessed to have was absolutely perfect!!! There was so much food and everyone loved it. I love The English Manor and if I were able to do it all over again, I wouldn't do anything different! I would recommend this place to any bride looking for the Perfect place to have their wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

WOW! I can't even express our full gratitude here but I will try. The English Manor really made our wedding fantastic and perfect. Lisa and the whole team made it very clear that their goal and purpose was to make the whole day exactly what we wanted. The preparation and care that Lisa took in the days before the wedding really showed. She helped the whole day run so smoothly that we felt present during every point of the wedding. I had nothing I was worried about because they were one step ahead. They made sure the grandparents were where they had to be (with mobility issues); they made sure my husband and I ate; they were at my side the moment I got a questioning look on my face; and they helped load the car at the end of the night. I really cannot say enough about the service. We were treated like royalty and I am so so grateful.

The venue itself is exactly what we wanted. It is elegant yet homey. Since there is only one wedding at a time you really feel at home there. They set up the living room for a personal touch. We were lucky enough to have gorgeous weather and used the black gazebo for our ceremony (perfect) and had a spectacular outdoor cocktail hour (perfect). During our reception with 150 people and a photobooth there was plenty of room to walk between the tables and dance the night away. Our photographer also had plenty of gorgeous photo-op locations right on the property. Again...PERFECT.

The food....PERFECT. :) EVERYTHING was delicious. We chose a buffet style service and not only was one thing better tasting than the next but the buffet line (or room should I say) was always full and attended by English Manor staff.

We LOVE THE ENGLISH MANOR! THANK YOU!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are looking for a gorgeous and stunning reception site, delicious food, and an incredible staff to work with to make your wedding a dream come true, don't look any further than the English Manor! Our wedding on September 5th was the most amazing day of our lives! Even though our wedding was a few months ago our friends and family continue to rave about the cocktail hour food and dinner, especially the fact that the waiters came around with seconds. From the start Kristi answered countless calls and emails with questions about the menu, cake, and decor so i visualize the venue and make the ideas i found on pinterest come to life. Lisa was our wedding coordinator and worked with us to ensure our large party would be comfortable and well feed. It rained about an hour before our reception started but Lisa and the staff rushed around and cleaned up the yard so we could have an outdoor cocktail hour. She also worked with us to design a cupcake tower which all of our guests loved! Lastly, when we forgot a few things at the end of the night, the staff boxed everything up and had it waiting for us to pick up.

I absolutely love the English Manor, thank you for making our wedding day a dream come true!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The only word I can think of to describe my experience with The English Manor is perfect. From the staff to the food to the look of the venue, my wedding was more beautiful than I had imagined it. Even though the threat of rain caused us to move the cocktail hour inside, I have zero complaints! People have called us to tell us how beautiful the wedding was, and how impressed they were by the English Manor. This was the perfect venue for us, and we have no regrets about holding our wedding there. You would be crazy to have your wedding anywhere else!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the English Manor on Aug 15, 2014. Our ceremony and cocktail hour were outside, reception with buffet were inside. From the start, Lisa and her staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful. They seem to truly enjoy their work, which made planning much easier and our wedding day even more fun! The grounds, the manor, the details, everything was absolutely stunning. Half of our guests were vegetarian, half committed carnivores, and some just plain picky. The food was amazing, the variety was unbelievable, and Lisa went to great lengths to add special touches, including non-alcoholic champagne for some and a special bottle of scotch for my father. There is not a single thing that either of us would change about that day and Lisa and her staff are a huge part of it. They don't make you feel like clients, they make you feel like family.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake