The English Manor

Value
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

Denise and Nancy did a wonderful job helping us throughout the wedding process. Always available to answer our questions and assist with all of needs. They did a phenomenal job making the whole process stress free and easy for us to plan and not have to worry about anything.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Our wedding was on Sunday, July 26, 2015. I cannot say enough about the staff at The English Manor. When I first arrived at my consultation, I was an hour early. I lived an hour away and accidentally gave myself too much time. Instead of being upset, or making us feel unwelcome or uncomfortable, the owner went around the grounds unlocking doors so that we could see everything. We met with Kristi, who skipped eating her lunch to meet with us. She was so sweet and explained everything. She even stayed and took video on our wedding day, and we consider her family now! Everyone was so amazing throughout the wedding planning process. Denise, our Maitre'd was a text or e-mail away and always got back to us promptly. I dropped everything off three days before the wedding and was nervous about how it would all come out. The day of my wedding I did not shed one tear, everyone could not believe how calm I was. That was until I walked into The English Manor and saw how close attention they paid to every detail. I was so overwhelmed I started crying right in the lobby! I could not have asked for a better day. Our outdoor ceremony was amazing, just check out their facebook page for some of the photos! You cannot go wrong with this venue! Our guests did not stop talking about the ceremony or the details at the wedding. Everyone had a great time!

Private User
Recently Married

We had an amazing experience at The English Manor. Our wedding could not have been more magical. It was perfect; exactly what we wanted.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wedding at the English Manor was on July 3, 2015. Marlyn, the maitre d on Friday evenings, was wonderful before, during, and after the event. The owner Lisa was also very accommodating and worked to make the event perfect. Many of my guests called the next day and the following week to state that the wedding was the best they had ever been to. The cocktail hour was delicious and plentiful, and the waiters even came around for French seconds during the reception. My favorite part of the venue is that there is only one wedding at a time so that you have the entire grounds to yourself. I recommend this venue without reservation.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I had our highest expectations EXCEEDED by Maitre D, Denise and the entire team including Nancy and Kristi. My wife and I looked at 4 other venues before visiting The English Manor... I guess we unknowingly saved the best for last! It was the beginning of January, cold, raining, no flowers in sight, but the overall feel of the venue was just so right, the ballroom, cocktail hour area, outdoor deck, and the gardens separated by a beautiful wooden bridge and a quaint steam. Whether we has an outdoor garden ceremony or a rained out indoor ceremony, we knew we would be so happy and right there, we knew that this was our venue! Pricing was very reasonable considering how much was provided. They offer a generous payment schedule and make first class accommodations for people with disabilities, dietary restrictions, or any other special needs. The tasting and ceremony finalization with Denise really put my stressed out wife at ease. Denise's professionalism and confidence is very inspiring and reassuring. We got the truest sense that the day would be perfect. We arrived the day of the ceremony, enjoyed lovely cheese, cracker, and fruit selections in our respective bride and groom suite, took in the sheer beauty of the gardens on a sunny, albeit hot, day during our first look, used the grounds for amazing photos, and had an amazing ceremony. From what we heard from our guests, the cocktail hour food was exceptional and the reception dinner was amazing (prime rib was divine). The entire staff treated us like gold from the minute we previewed the venue through the time we were saying our goodbyes.

Overall, a beautiful venue, excellent accommodations, and a staff that truly feels like family make The English Manor a place that I will always hold in the highest regard as they provided everything my wife and I needed and more for a day we will never forget.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just got married on Friday 5/29/15. The English Manor went above and beyond my expectations! My vision came together with all my vendors, but The English Manor made it happen for us. All the staff was overly generous, especially our Maitre D, Denise! She was amazing, got us everything we needed. She was there through every text/call up until the day of!! We also dealt with Lisa, Nancy and Kristi, who were also fabulous! From the time we booked them, until now, we couldn't have picked a better venue. We had a perfect day, from the weather to our fabulous pictures. The grounds are beautiful. I can't say it enough but this was such a fantastic day and without these staff members, it would not have happened. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We truly wouldn't changed this for the world. The food was excellent, from the cocktail hour to the actual dinner. The drinks were flowing and everyone said what a great time they had. We loved every second of this day. One word to describe this day was magical. Highly recommend The English Manor!! <3

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We were married at the English Manor on May 17, 2015 and I still can't believe what an amazing job they did. From the tour of the venue to the end of the night, everything was perfect. What I loved most about the English manor was the grounds, it is so beautiful with the deck and how well they take care of the grounds. Ceremony location here is gorgeous, loved the walk over the bridge with my dad to the stone path to marry at the gazebo. The service is exceptional! Denise was our maître d and I don't even know where to begin to tell you how wonderful she is. I would text/call and she would answer me back within seconds. The set up for our wedding was beautiful. She brought my vision to life and then some.Lisa, the owner was so helpful too. She guided me with decor options as well as hosted an awesome food tasting!The bridal room is beautiful with a huge mirror and windows so we could watch the guests arrive. The staff here makes this venue so special too. They were so kind to me and all of our guests, they made me feel like family. The bartenders kept the drinks flowing and engaged with the party. Our guests loved them! Our head waitress was so sweet! I'm sad I don't remember her name because she was so attentive and made sure my husband and I had everything we needed. I honestly can't believe the service here. Amazing! Our family was raving about the food too (the filet mignon is so delicious as well as the sushi) there wasn't anything you could have wanted during cocktail hour, it was all there! What's really special here is you feel like it is your home, 1 wedding at a time, with the option to walk around outside, sit on the deck, or dance in the ballroom.The english manor is a hidden gem, beautiful grounds, great food, and the best service I have ever received! You will have nothing to worry or stress about if you have your wedding here! Thank you so much for making our wedding so so special! It was better than I could have dreamt up myself.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can not thank The English Manor enough for helping us have the wedding of our dreams! From our very first visit we were treated like family. Lisa and Denise really know the wedding industry and what is needed to for you to have the perfect day. When we got to cocktail hour I had a grass stain on my dress from wedding photos- Denise literally magically appeared with a cloth and seltzer and worked the stain right out. SHE IS AMAZING. The entire night me and my husband and our families were catered to and treated like royalty. My grandma couldn't believe how kind and attentive the servers were to her throughout the day. They even made sure she felt special! Oh and the food was amazing!! I LOVE cocktail hour food- and their's did not disappoint. Also, the filet mignon for the entre was sooo tender and we were able to cut if with a butter knife. My mom said she heated the leftovers up the next day in the microwave and it was still amazing! All in all- they just know what they're doing. The night flowed and we are so happy we chose this venue. It is a beautiful place with an understated elegance that some NJ wedding halls just lack. (we hate gaudy) The grounds are gorgeous as well :) Thank you all!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding reception at The English Manor this past Friday, April 10th. All that I can say is WOW! I am a self-proclaimed, anal retentive control freak who is a complete perfectionist and there was not a single detail missed at The English Manor. From the very start to finish with working with this establishment the overall quality of service, attention to detail, and ability to make you feel like you are the only wedding that counts was there the entire time. I cannot even begin to say enough wonderful things about Lisa, Nancy, Marlin, and the entire staff of The English Manor. All of them were so attentive to all of our guests and truly could not have been more accommodating. Lisa stepped in and helped with every single detail that I needed help with and then some. She went so far above and beyond what my expectations were and my husband and I could not be more thrilled with how everything turned out. Myself, along with our families are still getting phone calls with people raving about how wonderful The English Manor was. I know how important reviews are as I read hundreds throughout wedding planning and honestly, all that I can say is if you want to have a ceremony or reception at an establishment where you DO NOT need to worry about ANYTHING on your wedding day, where the entire staff makes you feel like family, and where you can have all of your dreams come true...then I would HIGHLY recommend choosing The English Manor! We cannot thank them enough for making our wedding day perfect!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was Sunday June 7th, 2015 & the day was perfect!

The English Manor is a great place to have a romantic & professional wedding! We were able to capture the old, vintage feel we were looking for without have to rent a barn and bring everything in.

From inquiring to the actual wedding, The English Manor is right there planning with you. Kristy was there to answer any e-mails along the way and once we were assigned Denise as our maitre d' were having phone & text conversations about the big day. The EM really works with you to get day of your dreams without having to worry too much about how it will all execute.

And it executed beautifully! Denise was by our side to help the day run smoothly. Everything was set-up so beautifully, the food was great, & the service was amazing! The English Manor brings great value at a reasonable price & made our special day exceed our expectations!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at the English Manor on March 28, 2015. Everything went so smoothly and was fantastic! Our guests raved about the food, the scenery, and the service. Denise was our maitre'd and was so helpful and accommodating. We could not have asked for more! Thank you to the English Manor!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was 3/27/15 and it could not have been any more perfect. We knew from the second we walked in that we needed to get married there. They only do one wedding at a time, so they completely devote all of their attention to you. Lisa was our maitre d and she was so responsive and helped put our minds at ease leading up to the wedding. She went above and beyond to make sure all of our little details were incorporated and made us feel like family. We even had a problem with getting our live painter and photo booth in the same room as the reception, however, Lisa knew it was important to us and made it happen. The staff at the English Manor really make the bride and groom feel like kings and queens, not only on the day of the wedding, but leading up to it. The food is delicious and plentiful. I had guests confused after cocktail hour because they thought that alone was dinner! The servers were constantly passing out horderves and not a single person left hungry. Another great detail that the English Manor offers is the groom suite. I can tell you my husband really appreciated having that special area for him and his groomsmen the day of (especially since the girls and me arrived an hour later than anticipated). There are also so many opportunities for photos. The inside is gorgeous, from the staircase, to the fireplace room. If you are lucky enough to get outside for pictures, the possibilities are endless. The barn in the front, the back patio, the gazebos, the swing, etc. If I could plan my wedding again, I would without a doubt still have it at the English Manor. I could not have asked for a more perfect day, and much of that is because of the wonderful staff (especially Lisa). I would highly recommend checking this place out to anyone looking!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married at the English Manor on March 14th and we could not have asked for a better day. Lisa and her staff were more than accommodating from the very first time we walked in to do a site visit. Lisa added little things to make sure I was able to get exactly what I wanted. When it came down to preparing for the wedding I couldn't have asked for a better person to help me deal with things than Denise. She made sure everything was perfect and that I had no worries at all. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you Lisa and Denise & everyone at the English manor!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our Valentines Day Wedding at the English Manor turned out to be even more beautiful and more amazing than we could have ever imagined. We found out about the English Manor while we were searching for NJ venues on TheKnot. I went to see it first with my Mom and twin sister, and I immediately fell in love with it. The building is a charming, classic white Tudor house complete with a carriage house which makes for awesome pictures (some of my favorites were of outside the EM)! I met with Kristi Lippiello that day, an event specialist at the EM, and she was so helpful in showing us around the picturesque grounds, the cozy fireplace cocktail area, and the beautiful grand ballroom. She was so sweet and professional and didn't pressure us into anything. She really took her time going over the details of what your wedding would be like, as well as the packages they offered- including the winter wedding package that my husband and I chose, which included photo and DJ through Elite Entertainment. It was a package deal that really was too good to be true. A couple weeks later, I went back with my fiancé and we made the decision that this was where we wanted to get married. In the coming months we had our tasting which really put into perspective how amazing the wedding was going to be. The food is so delicious and there is TONS of it. On the actual wedding day, our guests thought that the cocktail hour was the dinner. Denise Patetta, Maitre'D of the EM, put out all the stops to make our reception go smoothly and fantastically. She really takes care of the Bride and Groom, making sure they have everything they need and want, as well as making sure your guests are happy. We recommend the EM to every couple who is looking to have an AMAZING wedding. Our reception was like a fairytale. We still have family and friends telling us that it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to! The English Manor truly made our Valentine's Day one to remember. Thank you so much!!

Erin
12/13/2014

My wedding day was absolutely perfect and a huge part of that is because of the English Manor. The location and building are absolutely beautiful. My wedding date was 12-13-14 so everything was decorated for Christmas and winter and it was gorgeous! All my guests felt at home at the English Manor. I love how there is only one wedding at a time and that there are separate spaces for the cocktail hour and reception. All the women I talked to were very accommodating and helpful. Denise made sure the room was set up perfectly and made sure I did not have to worry about a thing the night of the wedding. The food was excellent and great service as well. I wish I could do it all over again!!!

Jenna
11/21/2014

The English Manor gave me the wedding of my dreams! The venue was absolutely gorgeous- inside and out. The staff made you feel so welcome- like it was your own home. The food was delicious, especially at cocktail hour. All of the guests raved about the drinks and food served all night. The English Manor was perfect!

1 person found this review helpful