The English Manor

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My husband and I had our wedding reception at The English Manor this past Friday, April 10th. All that I can say is WOW! I am a self-proclaimed, anal retentive control freak who is a complete perfectionist and there was not a single detail missed at The English Manor. From the very start to finish with working with this establishment the overall quality of service, attention to detail, and ability to make you feel like you are the only wedding that counts was there the entire time. I cannot even begin to say enough wonderful things about Lisa, Nancy, Marlin, and the entire staff of The English Manor. All of them were so attentive to all of our guests and truly could not have been more accommodating. Lisa stepped in and helped with every single detail that I needed help with and then some. She went so far above and beyond what my expectations were and my husband and I could not be more thrilled with how everything turned out. Myself, along with our families are still getting phone calls with people raving about how wonderful The English Manor was. I know how important reviews are as I read hundreds throughout wedding planning and honestly, all that I can say is if you want to have a ceremony or reception at an establishment where you DO NOT need to worry about ANYTHING on your wedding day, where the entire staff makes you feel like family, and where you can have all of your dreams come true...then I would HIGHLY recommend choosing The English Manor! We cannot thank them enough for making our wedding day perfect!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at the English Manor on March 28, 2015. Everything went so smoothly and was fantastic! Our guests raved about the food, the scenery, and the service. Denise was our maitre'd and was so helpful and accommodating. We could not have asked for more! Thank you to the English Manor!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was 3/27/15 and it could not have been any more perfect. We knew from the second we walked in that we needed to get married there. They only do one wedding at a time, so they completely devote all of their attention to you. Lisa was our maitre d and she was so responsive and helped put our minds at ease leading up to the wedding. She went above and beyond to make sure all of our little details were incorporated and made us feel like family. We even had a problem with getting our live painter and photo booth in the same room as the reception, however, Lisa knew it was important to us and made it happen. The staff at the English Manor really make the bride and groom feel like kings and queens, not only on the day of the wedding, but leading up to it. The food is delicious and plentiful. I had guests confused after cocktail hour because they thought that alone was dinner! The servers were constantly passing out horderves and not a single person left hungry. Another great detail that the English Manor offers is the groom suite. I can tell you my husband really appreciated having that special area for him and his groomsmen the day of (especially since the girls and me arrived an hour later than anticipated). There are also so many opportunities for photos. The inside is gorgeous, from the staircase, to the fireplace room. If you are lucky enough to get outside for pictures, the possibilities are endless. The barn in the front, the back patio, the gazebos, the swing, etc. If I could plan my wedding again, I would without a doubt still have it at the English Manor. I could not have asked for a more perfect day, and much of that is because of the wonderful staff (especially Lisa). I would highly recommend checking this place out to anyone looking!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married at the English Manor on March 14th and we could not have asked for a better day. Lisa and her staff were more than accommodating from the very first time we walked in to do a site visit. Lisa added little things to make sure I was able to get exactly what I wanted. When it came down to preparing for the wedding I couldn't have asked for a better person to help me deal with things than Denise. She made sure everything was perfect and that I had no worries at all. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you Lisa and Denise & everyone at the English manor!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our Valentines Day Wedding at the English Manor turned out to be even more beautiful and more amazing than we could have ever imagined. We found out about the English Manor while we were searching for NJ venues on TheKnot. I went to see it first with my Mom and twin sister, and I immediately fell in love with it. The building is a charming, classic white Tudor house complete with a carriage house which makes for awesome pictures (some of my favorites were of outside the EM)! I met with Kristi Lippiello that day, an event specialist at the EM, and she was so helpful in showing us around the picturesque grounds, the cozy fireplace cocktail area, and the beautiful grand ballroom. She was so sweet and professional and didn't pressure us into anything. She really took her time going over the details of what your wedding would be like, as well as the packages they offered- including the winter wedding package that my husband and I chose, which included photo and DJ through Elite Entertainment. It was a package deal that really was too good to be true. A couple weeks later, I went back with my fiancé and we made the decision that this was where we wanted to get married. In the coming months we had our tasting which really put into perspective how amazing the wedding was going to be. The food is so delicious and there is TONS of it. On the actual wedding day, our guests thought that the cocktail hour was the dinner. Denise Patetta, Maitre'D of the EM, put out all the stops to make our reception go smoothly and fantastically. She really takes care of the Bride and Groom, making sure they have everything they need and want, as well as making sure your guests are happy. We recommend the EM to every couple who is looking to have an AMAZING wedding. Our reception was like a fairytale. We still have family and friends telling us that it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to! The English Manor truly made our Valentine's Day one to remember. Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture
Erin
12/13/2014

My wedding day was absolutely perfect and a huge part of that is because of the English Manor. The location and building are absolutely beautiful. My wedding date was 12-13-14 so everything was decorated for Christmas and winter and it was gorgeous! All my guests felt at home at the English Manor. I love how there is only one wedding at a time and that there are separate spaces for the cocktail hour and reception. All the women I talked to were very accommodating and helpful. Denise made sure the room was set up perfectly and made sure I did not have to worry about a thing the night of the wedding. The food was excellent and great service as well. I wish I could do it all over again!!!

Profile Picture
Jenna
11/21/2014

The English Manor gave me the wedding of my dreams! The venue was absolutely gorgeous- inside and out. The staff made you feel so welcome- like it was your own home. The food was delicious, especially at cocktail hour. All of the guests raved about the drinks and food served all night. The English Manor was perfect!

1 person found this review helpful

We were so happy with the way everything turned out for our wedding at The English Manor! We LOVED Denise and the way she accommodated our every need. All of the staff were very professional and attentive to all our guests, which was greatly appreciated. Our guests have continued to reach out to us to tell us how beautiful, nice, and delicious our wedding was. Everyone was so impressed! Thanks for all that you do!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

1. Staff: AMAZING!! Every single member of The English Manor team was incredible, professional and so welcoming. They made us feel at home and guided us in our planning process using their expertise but without overtaking it. Lisa, our Maitre d' was remarkable. A personal thank you to her. My husband and I had our dream wedding b/c of all her help and support. Also the server, Marlyn, who personally took care of my husband and I, was so on point. We could see her dedication to her job and to us. Kristy, who toured us on our first visit, is so sweet and knowledgeable. Every time I called and made a visit to EM she had a smile on her face. And all the servers/bartenders, were so professional and kind to our guests. Thank you to you all!!
2. The Food; absolutely incredible. Not only was the food versatile for all tastes but also so delicious. I told my guests that once they had their main course, they would be asked if they would like to try the other dish. No one believed me and they all said no venue does that. Well sure enough at the night of our wedding, the servers did just that. They came around with seconds for all our guests. The English Manor delivers on what they say! Oh and the champagne they serve is so delicious.
3. Overall Experience: Words cannot express how wonderful everything was. We told them our vision and they got it right from the start. We added our personal touches and they were more than willing to help us achieve it. I wanted to have a romantic wedding, filled with family/friends that have a great time. And it was all that and more. All the feedback I got was incredible. Everyone had a blast!
4. Venue Design/Landscape: Beautiful!! When we walked outside to see the grounds they were stunning. So beautiful and private. It really felt like we were at a secluded destination but we never had to get on a plane. It all made for wonderful pictures. And the inside is set up so perfectly. Overall 100% perfect!! Thank you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the second we pulled up and walked in we knew this was the place. And that was just the inside. Then Lisa (who we just hit it off with immediately) took us to the grounds in the back and it took our breath away. They were helpful all the way through the whole process. Lisa assured me a stress free day and she over delivered. Thank you doesn't even seem like enough to say. Our guests raved all night about the food and just how gorgeous the entire establishment is. Guest telling me that it was the best wedding they have been to in ages... they could not get over the food at the cocktail hour and how amazing it was and shocked when they were asked if they wanted seconds at dinner. My son the next morning said mom the cocktail hour was slammin lol .I got to work today and all our Co workers raved all day about the wedding.Lisa made sure all our request were met for our guests with food allergies. Which was so important to us. I can honestly say our wedding was magical and we have Lisa and the entire staff to thank. Xoxo thank you just isn't enough.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The English Manor........our dream venue! Seriously!! My husband & I booked it right at the end of our first tour. It was the *only* place we looked at. Its decor, astronomical amount of food/ cocktail options, service, etc, is just wonderful. We had an English-themed wedding and, for obvious reasons, it was a perfect pairing. Our day-of coordinator, Denise, is a gem! My husband-- the most nervous Groom in the world-- harangued this lady with texts and emails to make sure everything was perfect, and it was! She is a lifesaver. We received so, so many compliments on the place itself, the food, and especially the Cocktail Hour. Wedding cake (we chose the cannoli cream option) was fabulous. It didn't taste like generic wedding cake, grainy and full of chewy fondant.. was delicious. Offering "seconds" on entrees to all the guests was a great touch. No guest will go home hungry or feel they have to stop for fast-food after because the dinner plates were minuscule. Excellent value for the location and all the amenities they provide. We were saddened that it did indeed rain on our day, so the Ceremony had to be moved inside, but boy, did it work out! The way the staff dressed the Ball Room (and then flipped it for Reception), made it look like a totally different venue. And as soon as the sun shone through the rain, Denise made certain to grab us and suggest running out to their beautiful wrought-iron gazebo to snap a few photos for our wedding album. Truly a magical day! A month later, we are still not "over" talking about it each and every night.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Simply the most beautiful place to get married. Lisa was great and helped us customize our entire day to make the most use out of the stunning outdoor grounds. And I don't know where to begin with the food, we had a hard time narrowing down the options! My only wish was that the party could have lasted all weekend, bc we had the best day at our wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The food was great and the place gave a perfect atmosphere. We all had such a great time. Our wedding was perfect. I wish I could do it all over again. We had the A band play and our music was great and danced all night. Denise made everything perfect for us.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

My son's wedding was held on 9/13/14 (Matt/Kerri Hehner) and I have to say it was such a wonderful experience - they were so professional and intuned to our needs and wants. It was suppose to be outside, unfortunately it rained, and they took care of making it the most beautiful occasion ever. I would recommend this venue to anyone and u can ask me any questions about their service, the food (was absolutely delicious) and any other detail u would want to know. If they had a 10 rating, they would have it from the Hehner's. English Manor - thank u for the wonderful day and the everlasting memories.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's wedding could not have been more beautiful. The English Manor staff could not have been more accommodating. And Lisa our hostess, words cannot explain how great she was. Thank you all.

Services Used: Catering

We looked at a few places prior to making our way to The English Manor, but I have to tell you when I walked in I knew right away this was the place, I wanted our wedding reception to take place. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and well kept. The staff was so helpful and nice. Lisa was our maître d' and very wonderful to work with, she helped make planning very easy. Anytime, I called throughout my planning anyone I spoke with was very helpful and never made me feel like a bother. I had about 165 guests and I have to say, everyone just raved about our wedding and how wonderful it was. The outside cocktail hour we were blessed to have was absolutely perfect!!! There was so much food and everyone loved it. I love The English Manor and if I were able to do it all over again, I wouldn't do anything different! I would recommend this place to any bride looking for the Perfect place to have their wedding.