The Creative Music DJ
Winner of WeddingWire Bride's Choice Award and The Knot Best Of Weddings
800 Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101  | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We were lucky to meet Dennis through our photographers and are so glad we trusted their referral! Dennis met with us from the very beginning and went through everything with us. It was so nice that he took that time and really made us feel like he cared. With all of his knowledge of music and friendly personality, we knew he would be a great DJ, and we were right! Dennis was spot on the entire night with the music that he choose. He did an amazing job and everyone had such a great time! We got many compliments from our guests about how much fun they had and how great the DJ was. We can't thank him enough for taking the time to get to know us and for such a great night!! We would recommend him a thousand times over!!
Wedding: 09/19/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding reception was EPIC thanks to Dennis! Our family and friends were on the dance floor all night long…it was great!!

Dennis was very easy to work with and is very knowledgeable about music and equipment. He gave us spectacular lighting, music, and was a great emcee. We have had nothing but positive feedback about our reception and we have Dennis to thank for that!
Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
AMAZING DJ & Master of Ceremony!!! The music and up lighting was WONDERFUL!!! ALL of our guests were so impressed with Dennis' and his music, as they put it "DENNIS ROCKS". It was worth all the money we spent. Dennis guided us and put us at ease when we had a major glitch with the Caterer during cocktail hour and food not being ready on time and couldn't start the grand entrance on time. I would definitely hire Dennis again. I am so glad I found Dennis and so were my guests.
Thea & Teresa
Wedding: 02/21/2014

Private User 2 Reviews
I have had numerous compliments about the DJ at my wedding and the music that he played.

My husband and I met with him a few months before the wedding, and before we hired him. Dennis was super organized and helpful and I was incredibly appreciative of this as I had NO Idea about some of the things that we needed to do and plan for, so having him as our DJ really helped us plan a great wedding. Along with helping us plan songs for both the ceremony and the party he also went above and beyond during the day of the wedding, which made us really happy. Our songs and song choices weren't necessarily things that were played on the radio and he made sure he had songs that fit the genres that we wanted to play at the wedding.

If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely hire Dennis again!
Wedding: 12/28/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Dennis was a great DJ. He knows his music. Anyone who can figure out what song my mother is talking about knows his stuff!!! lol I thought i was totally confusing him because i couldn't really explain what kind of music i wanted to hear at my wedding but he understood me perfectly! I heard some of my favorite songs and songs i haven't heard in a while. I was on the dance floor all night long! I was hurting like crazy the next day but it was worth it!! the lighting was so beautiful, the ceremony music was perfectly faded out at the right time. Couldn't have asked for a better DJ. And he is the kindest and down to earth person you could ever meet! If you want a great and flawless Dj hire Dennis. You will not be disappointed!
Wedding: 11/08/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were referred to Dennis by Amy June Weddings and he was the only DJ we talked to. Since we don't live in San Diego, we only had a phone call with him and knew after that call that he was the right guy.

The playlist he put together was awesome - really energetic and fun to dance to. He was a great emcee, and a couple of our guests said he was one of the best wedding DJs they'd ever heard.

Frankly we didn't give Dennis a whole lot of direction - we filled out his worksheet with "do not play" and a couple artists we liked and he took it from there.

Great job, Dennis!
Wedding: 11/02/2013

Lynnea 7 Reviews
DJ Dennis Jones was highly recommended by friends whose wedding he also DJ'd. After meeting with Dennis, it was clear that he knew exactly what he was doing and we had no doubt he would do an awesome job at our wedding. He has an impressive amount of knowledge about music and the DJ industry.

Dennis coordinated the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. My husband and I have different tastes in music and Dennis did a great job helping us find the perfect compromise. His planning worksheet is very thorough and definitely helped in the planning process. We had a pretty tight timeline to stick to and he was invaluable at helping keep everything on track. He read the crowd very well and had people of all ages on the dance floor. So many of our guests commented on how much fun they had. We also absolutely loved the photo montage Dennis put together for us - it was a special part of the reception that so many of our guests enjoyed as well. He went above and beyond and we cannot thank him enough for being a part of a very memorable day - he even stopped by our after party! We would not hesitate to recommend DJ Dennis Jones for any family or friends looking for a DJ.
Wedding: 08/31/2013

Private User 8 Reviews
I cannot say enough positive things about Dennis. He was absolutely incredible in more ways than one. From the initial meeting, he was professional, organized, and really made us feel at ease. He was able to offer helpful tips about how to make a reception run smoothly and the type of music that works best for what we wanted.
During the actual wedding, he completely ran the show. He was more than just a DJ. He kept the wedding organized and made sure we stayed on schedule. His music was great and he kept the dance floor packed through the entire reception. He was also able to cater to every type of guest, from grandparents, to smaller children.
One of our favorite parts was the video montage he put together for us. It was so unique and personalized and so much more than your traditional slideshow. It was really personal and everybody loved it. Plus, we now have a keepsake of our entire life together. I would definitely recommend this feature.
He was such an essential part of our wedding and I know it would not have been nearly as perfect without it. I recommend him without reservation and suggest that everyone else do the same!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
DJ Dennis was our DJ for our wedding this passed Saturday 07/13/13. His musical services went over and beyond what we expected! Dennis has much experience in being a DJ for weddings, and it truly shows when he is playing his music. Our wedding was full of guests who were entertainers and performers, so it was a crowd that knew how to have a good time...if the music is right. And that night Dennis made sure the music was right. Our dance floor was pretty much packed the whole night. Not only that, we also had Dennis set up his computer-controlled uplighting (DMX) lighting which is lighting that changes according to the beats and the music. This was a great addition to the dance floor and added to the entertainment value of the night. We are so happy that Dennis were able to keep us, and our guests entertained the whole night. He was so good that at the end of the night, our guests were chanting "one more song! one more song!" But due to music restrictions he couldn't. They probably could have gone all night because the music was so good.

We mainly communicated through email, and he was very prompt in responding back. Dennis really makes sure to cater to his clients and their guests. And as for the value of his services, it is VERY reasonable. Comparing his services to other DJs, and his quality of services, he should be charging more. So his value is great for what you get in return. DJ Dennis really does know what he is doing, and has a wide range of knowledge in different genres of music. So if you are considering his services, I would highly recommend to book him!
Wedding: 07/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Dennis the creative music DJ was the best DJ ever! He had all our guest at our wedding on the dance floor the whole night. Our wedding reception was so much fun and it sure will be a night to always remember. Our guest are still talking about our DJ Dennis Jones! Dennis is well worth every penny put into him!!!Thank you so much Dennis for bringing our reception to life! Ralph & Angela
Wedding: 06/29/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Dennis was the DJ for our wedding 2 weeks ago and it was a great experience. Choosing music for our wedding was probably one of the harder things for me to do. I just wanted each song to really resonate with each event, and did not want to settle for typical "wedding music." Dennis was super organized and provided a worksheet for my husband and I to coordinate our music with the timeline of our wedding. It made everything really easy. The day before the wedding we met with Dennis to go over everything. He double checked our song choices, as there were several different versions of some of the songs, and definitely put my mind at ease as far as transitions into each event. The day of the wedding, Dennis was on top of everything! We had an event coordinator, but it really felt like Dennis was more on the ball than anyone. He really kept the time for everything. From speeches, to cake cutting, to bouquet/garter toss, Dennis ensured everything ran smoothly. I have never been a fan of video montages at weddings, but Dennis put one together that still brings me to tears, and changed my mind on how I feel about them all together.The music he played kept our guests dancing and having a good time. A favorite memory was him playing " The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" and everyone singing along. My only regret of the night was that it was not longer!!Dennis could not have done a better job!! Not only is he such a nice person, hes truly talented at what he does and his experience speaks for itself.  Our wedding went off without a hitch and I know Dennis had a lot to do with that. Thanks again, Dennis! Both me and my husband wish we could do it all over again!
Wedding: 06/14/2013

Private User 5 Reviews
Dennis was awesome!!! He DJ'd our wedding June 2013 and I he was the only DJ that I knew who would play the genres of music that we wanted for our wedding. Nothing he did or played was cheesy and his mixing and DJing skills are phenomenal!

Although his prices were more than we anticipated on spending for a DJ it was well worth it! He is extremely good at what he does and knows how to read an audience well! There were a few last minute changes we made and Dennis was very flexible in making sure that we catered to our needs and what we wanted! We originally didn't want any slow songs played during our reception and he played one. But to our surprise, the dance floor was packed during it! Just goes to show that he really knows what he's doing and knows what's best to ensure a great time for your guests! I would definitely recommend him again and again and again!

Thanks Dennis for an awesome wedding!!!

Private User 1 Reviews
Dennis DJ'd our wedding in June and I hate to use the word DJ because Dennis is much more than that. He is a master of ceremonies and Dennis is a true master of his profession. He is definitely not the friend's friend you know who can MC your wedding for cheap and just runs through a playlist with barely a peep to get the crowd going.

From the start of our initial interview, I could tell right away that this was a person not only experienced with music but all the nuances involved with holding a wedding. He will run through each step of the ceremony from the bridal march to the entrance, reception, cake cutting etc. presenting several different options on what is the best type of music to play at each stage from current top 50 songs at weddings to listening to your requests and where to incorporate them on the big day. He'll even let you know why a music request you have may not be the best to play at certain times or point out words in the lyrics that may make it a downer at weddings - songs about breakups and cheating are a no no apparently. He even provides input on what dance floor lighting to use that is best for pictures. Some couples go for the crazy, cool dazzle effects that just look terrible in pictures hiding the subjects. His lighting was brilliant and gorgeous but also not so intrusive that it obscured guests in pictures.

For a couple that did not have a wedding planner and did not have an initial clue how to hold the ceremony and reception, Dennis was invaluable in helping us envision, coordinate and manage the wedding day with the right vibe. He knew just the right time to play certain types of music, when to lay low and when to get the crowd going.

Finally Dennis is a great personality. He is one of the friendliest professionals I have had the pleasure to do business with. Dennis was critical in making good memories that day and for the bride and I he is also a great part of that memory.
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our reception was on 5/3/2013 and we had so much fun thanks to DJ Dennis. From the first meeting to the last dance DJ Dennis was the only one that we worked with and he was amazing the entire time! DJ Dennis really got to know us and that aiding him in personalizing all the songs at our reception (this made for such a good time). In fact, there were several times when I wanted to use the restroom but another great song came on so I postponed the trip to dance with everyone, lol. DJ Dennis has several different variations of lighting and we were able to personalize the room to our taste. He even has outside speakers available that really made those that were outside feel a part of the party inside. I would recommend DJ Dennis a thousand times!! A DJ is more important to a reception than most think; he is the voice and conductor of the entire event. I did extensive research online and found a blog offering advice from brides after their wedding – most of them stated that they wish they would have spent more on their DJ because he plays a pertinent role in the event. I am so happy with my choice to hire Dennis!!
Wedding: 05/03/2013
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Wedding: 05/03/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Dennis was the DJ at my wedding one week ago. He ROCKED it! Dennis is patient, professional, funny, and extremely helpful. It is clear he is passionate about music and this comes through in his performance.

When we first met with Dennis he took as much time as we needed to go over the entire wedding timeline/process. The information could have been overwhelming but Dennis provided an easy to use worksheet, song suggestions, and a folder for us to put all our stuff in! Dennis took as much time with us as needed and I never felt rushed. My fiance is a huge music guy but Dennis kept checking in with me to ensure my musical tastes were also represented.

I remained in contact with Dennis throughout the wedding process. As the wedding date approached we met with Dennis again to go over everything. We did not have a wedding planner or day-of coordinator and Dennis did an excellent job of providing feedback and suggestions for our timeline. Again, I never felt rushed and Dennis took the time to explain everything...even some things multiple times since I was in a wedding "fog."

At the actual wedding, Dennis outperformed my expectations. He took the time and care to make sure everything ran smoothly. I felt completely confident in him. He even had a special surprise for us that really blew us away! Dennis also set up great lighting around the venue. The music was such a success. There were family members on the dance floor that I have NEVER seen dance in my life! My father-in-law and 80 year old grandma were even dancing! Dennis did a great job of playing music that represented my husband and I but also music that everyone could enjoy. He got the party rocking!

Overall, Dennis gets an A+. He is worth every penny! Going into the wedding I had no idea how vital the DJ is. Dennis kept track of timing, initiated events such as the parent dances, etc. The wedding would not have ran as smoothly without him! The next time I need a DJ I know who to call!
Wedding: 03/23/2013
 619-928-2635
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire