The Bertram Inn & Conference Center

Value
Flexibility
Jackie
11/22/2014

I have nothing but absolutely wonderful things to say about the Bertram. I worked with Melissa and she was beyond wonderful. She was friendly, helpful, calming, and funny!

I was actually trying to select a venue that was closer to the city and would have been a bit more of a challenge due to different locations, parking, timing, etc. I was not going for a wedding hall kind of atmosphere but I was so glad I did! Not only is the Bertram beautiful, and it's awesome to have hotel rooms available onsite, but it was so easy! Planning a wedding is hard enough and I was in transition to a brand new job, and dealing with a lot of stress, and the Bertram made everything as simple as can be and completely customizable.

You could get your cake baked on-site so you didn't have to worry about a baker, and every vendor in Cleveland has worked there at one point or another so it was easy to get everyone to mesh into one seamless event. My day was absolutely beautiful and not a single thing went wrong. Melissa was not only my coordinator during the process, but my friend. I felt like I could e-mail her about anything and she totally understood my issues with a picky groom. My cake was my own design and it came out stunning, they let me see everything before the big moment, and they even threw in some cute extras just to make everything perfect.

Everyone had a great time, the food was out of this world good, and I just have nothing but great things to say. Thank you sooooo much Melissa and the Bertram!

Recently Married

The Bertram provided a beautiful wedding experience for us. Our coordinator was John, who was very responsive to all my calls and emails, and listened to everything we wanted. John and his team at the Bertram made all our wishes possible and made our beautiful wedding day dreams a reality. I would recommend the Bertram for any event, especially weddings. Their beautiful settings and professional staff made our wedding so special.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our reception was held at the Bertram Inn's main room, the McKinley Ballroom, and was done fantastically. An event was held prior to our reception, ending at 3pm, and the team at the Bertram was able to change the room completely over by 5pm when our guests arrived for cocktail hour. Hors d'ouvres and cocktails were served, as well as a cheese table. Guests were promptly seated at 6pm, where our tables were set up perfectly with our centerpieces, guest favors, and table numbers as requested. Dinner service was a formal buffet of beef tenderloin, vegetable ravioli, and roasted sea bass, sides of almond green beans and parmesan crusted red potatoes. Guests made sure to tell us how flavorful and fantastic the food was all night. Waitstaff was attentive, and very friendly, garnering even more praise. Overall, The Bertram met all of our requirements and exceeded our expectations with little difficulty, going so far as to offer to contact our vendors for us to finalize details. We will fully recommend them for a fantastic and memorable wedding day!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Words alone cannot express how fabulous our wedding ceremony and reception were! As the mother of the bride you can imagine I wanted everything perfect. This could never have been accomplished if I didn't have Julianne as our wedding planner! She always responded to my several emails and put my mind to ease with all the details.She is very professional and gets the job done. After our last meeting before the wedding I had many requests and I was extremely pleased to see how everything was PERFECT!!!!! on the day of the wedding! I highly recommend Julianne and the food was superb!!! Lighting and ceiling drapes by Chris at the Bertram made the room look magical!! Thank you Julianne!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved everything about The Bertram Inn! Our wedding planner -Julianne was fabulous, very easy to work with and she did a wonderful job! She went above and beyond for us :). All of our guests raved about the set-up of the wedding, the food (buffet) was excellent and the cake was to die for! I would have it there again in a heart beat !!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were recently married at the Bertram Inn and were assisted by Julianne Pittman with our planning. The quality of the food, cake, facility, linens, and service during the reception was outstanding. Many guests commented on the quality of the food and the bar. We felt that the money we spent was well worth what we received. We had high expectations of the facility and they matched and exceeded them. Every tiny detail was either taken care of by them or made aware of to us so that we could handle it. Our guests all had very positive experiences staying at the hotel, eating at the restaurant (brunch day after wedding) and with the other facilities.

Julianne Pittman assisted us throughout the enormous process of planning a reception for roughly 200 people. She went out of her way to give us honest, timely, and helpful feedback. She really helped make the process simple with the way she handled our meetings and conversations. Multiple times we changed out mind, some within the last few weeks, and she took care of it without issue. For a facility to provide someone like her to help a couple is a major, major plus. She really did a fantastic job, kept us sane, and made things easy. She gets our highest recommendation without hesitation.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Bertram made our wedding absolutely perfect!! First of all, the wedding planner (Julianne) was extremely professional and assisted with every step of the process. She assisted with every big and small request from myself as well as my parents. She also made sure we had appetizers at the head table, and made sure we had everything we needed throughout the night. Secondly, the food was phenomenal!!! We are still receiving compliments from our guests regarding the food. Lastly, they were responsive towards the elderly guests (with coffee/ cake) and towards our vegetarian guests (with preparing special meals for them). The wedding was amazing thanks to the Bertram Inn and Julianne!!

Sarah
06/13/2014

Our wedding reception was perfect. The staff is so helpful and they showed that they were really happy to do all that they can to make an event perfect. Valerie at the Bertram is a great wedding coordinator. I am so happy I chose this venue!

Recently Married

Our wedding could not have been any more perfect and a huge part of that was our amazing wedding coordinator, John Roach and the staff at The Bertram. We had the best weekend of our lives and received so many compliments about how smoothly and gorgeous everything was. They truly listened to us and made our vision for our wedding a reality. I highly recommend them!! Thank you!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter got married June 7th at the Bertram. It was PERFECT in every way possible. John was FABULOUS as the wedding planner. There was not one glitch in the entire wedding...we stayed Friday and Saturday night, did the rehearsal dinner there also. We had 42 rooms reserved for guests. They went out of their way to make everything special!!! I would HIGHLY recommend The Bertram to anyone planning a wedding!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They were lovely I would suggest them to anyone getting married

Christiana
10/12/2013

Everything was handled with professionalism. The Bertram helped make our day special.

Ashley
1 Review
09/06/2013

The Bertram was exceptional! They went above and beyond to make our special day everything we wanted. Valerie was our wedding coordinator and I can't say enough good things about her. She's sweet, thoughtful and down to earth. I trusted her 100% and she delivered!

The Bertram Inn & Conference Center responded with the following comments:

Ashley, Thank you for reviewing us! We are so happy to hear about your great experience with the Bertram Inn. Please keep us in mind for any future events. Best of luck to you!!

Jason & Carmen
08/23/2013

Arianna Bezon was very helpful, accommodating & professional during the planning stages and especially on the day of our event. Arianna played an important part in the success of our wedding and it was a pleasure and hassle free coordinating all the details with her - from start to finish. If there was an issue Arianna was quick to provide a solution. The food, staff and ambiance at the Bertram were all a great match that greatly enhanced our special day.
So, if you are looking for a venue and staff to perfectly compliment your wedding plans and help make your day extra special - we highly recommend you speak with Arianna, you won’t be disappointed.

1+ year ago

Food was amazing, they took care of everything, and the wedding planner, Melissa, made the day perfect for us.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything turned out beyond expectations. I would definitely recommend The Bertram, especially The Annex. Our coordinator was wonderful, and helped us through the entire wedding process. Anytime we needed anything she was there, before, during and even after our big day! food was absolutely delicious!!