Terrace on the Park

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Terrace on The Park was the right pick for my African theme wedding. Also, it was the only Venue that allowed outside caterers that we came across. My fiancé and I are from West Africa. He is Nigerian and I am Liberian. We decided to have an African wedding and looked around for a while and found Terrace On The Park through a family member. We had our ceremony and reception at Terrace on The Park. The wedding Ceremony was originally scheduled to take place in the chapel but I wasn't a big fan of it so the day before our wedding Ricky who has helped us out through our planning worked out a miracle and I was able to use one of the smaller rooms they have on the first floor for the same price as the chapel. Ricky is one of the managers there and we had the opportunity to work with him. He was amazing, he was always available to answer all of my questions and concerns. The receptionist was also nice and made sure my calls were returned. Our reception took place in the grand ball room. Our guest was amazed by the venue. There's lot of parking which is always a plus for your guest. Also, the outside is beautiful for photos. Ricky was great on the day of our wedding, he accommodated us in every way possible as our DJ ran late. I would recommend anyone looking for a venue with an ancient look or classy look to check out Terrace on The Park. If you are interested in a modern or hollywood kind of look for your wedding then you might not like Terrace on The Park. Again, as for us this is exactly what we were looking for. Our photos came out amazing. We really pull off the ancient look amazingly with this venue.
Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My wedding was totally a dream. Bruno and all of the staff members were absolutely amazing. Our family and friends were super happy with the look and feel of the venue. This venue is extremely spacious and elegant. The decoration is extremely regal and classy. Our family and friends also raved about the food and the service. Our wedding turned out beautifully and we are forever grateful to Bruno and his team. Bruno is absolutely the best as he works with you and your budget. He is truly amazing at what he does. My husband and I would truly recommend Terrace on the Park for any event.
Wedding: 05/02/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were incredibly impressed with Terrace on the Park and everyone who we worked with. Norm, Bruno and staff were incredibly accommodating and made the whole process leading up to the day as stress-free as possible. They all are truly professionals and love to see happy brides and grooms have a wonderful wedding day!

The day of was absolutely amazing thanks to Smiley & Constance. Everything was laid out just as I had instructed and although there were a few hiccups throughout the day (due to our other vendors) the staff at Terrace on the Park helped to iron out those hurdles as quickly and painlessly as possible.

We had a bit of rain on our wedding day which cut the outdoor pictures to a minimum but we were able to get some great shots right there inside the venue. The food was delicious and all of our guests were thoroughly impressed with the high quality of food, service and elegance. I still receive compliments on how amazing the day was (especially their Venetian hour!!)

I recommend to any couple looking for ease, great service and great food!! Thank you, Terrace on the Park!!
Wedding: 04/26/2014

I Said Yes... 2 Reviews
We booked the penthouse for our Saturday evening wedding reception. Ricky was our banquet manager and was very friendly, efficient, and professional. He answered every and any question I had during my 14-mo planning. We were provided a maître d and bridal attendant that helped get us anything we needed and ensured things stayed on track. The room was setup beautifully and exactly as we requested. If I noticed anything out of place, they quickly corrected it. The staff provided white gloved service and remained professional and courteous at all times. We had a traditional Nigerian wedding and needed outside catering and that request was honored without hiccup. The room was immaculately decorated thereby requiring very little decorating. I would highly recommend this beautiful venue. The penthouse offers breath taking views of the city skyline and historic unisphere in Flushing Meadow Park.
Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
ask for Ricky =D ... Terrace on the Park is a beautiful venue. We fell in love and was sold the moment we saw the ballroom. In its natural form, minus the flowers and the special lighting you already get the feeling of grandeur. But it was Ricky and the services that terrace on the park offered, that brought us to the finish line. And when the time came, we had a wonderful wedding reception. To Ricky, Genesis, to TOP staff Thank you !!!
Wedding: 10/18/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I would definitely recommend Terrace On The Park, the experience was phenomenal! I absolutely loved their services! They were very thorough, timely with all details. My Maitre D. Was very professional and very kind. She made me feel very comfortable and at ease. She was there for me every step of the way all through my reception. She guided me and assisted me with the itinerary for each part of my reception, from cutting the cake to tossing of the bouquet. They allowed us to use there outside garden as a goodbye photo with all our guests. Everything was so magical! The cake came out gorgeous! Just like we dreamed! The appetizers and the food was delectable! Especially the appetizers! They were my favorite! Wish I had more! Hahaha! The Oak room is a beautiful room, big enough for about 50 people, I was mesmerized with that room! It had a small bar, pretty wooden floor and a nice dance floor right in the middle. I would definitely recommend Terrace on The Park, and I definitely look forward to having future events there!
Wedding: 05/18/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Anonymous 6 Reviews
Last but not least, our venue ended up being at Terrace on the Park of Flushing. As I mentioned briefly, we had to switch venues. They saved our lives by hosting our wedding with only 36 hours notice, and it couldn't have been more perfect. The room was gorgeous, with incredible views over looking Citifield and New York City. The guests RAVED about the food, the wait staff was attentive and they poured a nice heavy drink which everyone appreciated!! I would recommend them every day of the week !
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We originally booked one of the smaller ballrooms at Terrace, but we were upgraded to the Penthouse a few months before the wedding. As if that wasn't awesome enough, we also had a bridal attendant, Genesis, who was very professional and efficient throughout the evening. She pinned my train up, to make moving around much easier, and made sure that we got to eat before joining our guests at the Cocktail Reception. We were well-looked after the whole time, and that definitely made our wedding much more enjoyable. Will definitely recommend to friends and family.
Wedding: 06/11/2012
What a dream!
we honestly could not have asked for a better venue. We worked with Ricky who was amazing! He was super flexible giving us the best value and made us feel super special. We were supposed to get married outside in the penthouse where we were having our reception but of course it started to rain buckets twenty minutes before oue ceremony is supposed to start. But Terrace on the Park made it a flawless transition. We ran twenty minutes behind as they moved us to this beautiful glass chapel that overlooks the gardens of the queens zoo.
My guests are still talking about how beautiful everything was - we were able to save a ton on flowers because the reception rooms are so stunning - and how delicious the food was. The cocktail hour was amazing, we even had a roasted pig which my family from Puerto Rico could not stop eating - they said how it reminded them of the places they go to get Roasted Pig back in PR. Dinner was even better I had the salmon and he had the steak and oh my god those mashed potatoes!
My Bridal attendant was the best gift Terrace on the Park gave me - she got me into my dress and laced in under 5 minutes, cracked jokes before I walked down the aisle so I wouldn't cry and mess up my makeup and after the ceremony she bustled me in 5 minutes and made sure my groom and I had EVERYTHING we needed she took our drink orders as soon as we got to the cocktail hour and never let them get empty. We were well taken care of all night.
This is a beautiful Hall that looks like nothing from the outside but will leave you with your jaw on the floor once you step inside. And the service will make you feel like family.

Wedding: 05/26/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had an Amazing night for my wedding.. The staff from the Banquet Manager to the servers were great!! very attentive.. the food was AMAZING!!!!
Wedding: 04/28/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I used Terrace on park for my wedding and it was a dream come true
Wedding: 11/26/2011
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had my wedding at TOP and they were amazing! When booking them, I had some concerns because I read a couple of bad reviews here on yelp, weddingbee, etc. I was blunt with them, telling them exactly what I was concerned about and exactly what I read online. They reassured me stating that things have changed and that mostly people always write about the bad things. While still true, I nonetheless still had my doubts. I worked with Norman, Brian, and Ricky, all of which were very professional, friendly, and just wonderful to work with. Came the day of the wedding, everything was FANTASTIC! Because of the weather, we weren't able to have our ceremony outside. We had it in the chapel and it was still beautiful. As a bride, I didn't get to eat much during cocktail hour, but according to family and friends, it was FABULOUS! They were all stuffed by the end of cocktail hour. Did I mention it was a 500 person wedding? And they said there was still more food to go around! The venue itself is beautiful. We were in the Paradise Room and we had purple uplights which really gave it a beautiful feel. Watching the sunset from the reception hall was another experience in itself, and at night, I was told "it's as if we were floating in midair in the middle of NY." Almost forgot to mention, the bar tenders! They were not skimpy with their drinks. All our friends and young cousins of legal age had so much fun (and shots!). Service was top notch, my bridal attendant was so helpful and attentive that night. My husband worked with the Maitre'D, and he had nothing but great things to say. Our wedding cake was Napoleon and it was delicious. The Venetian dessert was AMAZING! All the kids and adults absolutely loved it. Best of all, Norman, Brian, and Ricky, all three, were there the night of to ensure things went smoothly. It's been monthss after the wedding, and we're still hearing great things from our family and friends about what a great time they had, beautiful place, and delicious food. I am beyond satisfied with TOP and HIGHLY RECOMMEND future brides to consider having their wedding here. I can't imagine having a better team to work with. Nothing went missing, there were no empty promises, and nothing went wrong. Thank you TOP. We most likely will be back to celebrate my Dad's big 60th bday party.
Wedding: 10/15/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everything about the place and staff is top notch. As soon as I saw the Penthouse view, I knew there was no other place like it. Upon entering the hall there is a beautiful mirrored staircase where you can take amazing photos. You take the elevator up to the top floor and you walk into the room to see a beautiful crystal chandelier above you. The high ceilings and the marble floor are spectacular, and the floor to ceiling windows with the views of the Globe right behind us was indescribable. If that wasn’t enough, the quality of the staff’s service is beyond words. Our Banquet Manager was Norman and he was a dream to have servicing us. He provided us with an impressive package that was well within our budget and throughout the process he was impeccable about making sure everything we wanted happened just as planned. He followed up with us until the day before the wedding and each time he met with us he remembered everything that we had request. My husband requested several extras to be added to the menu and they were all provided on the day of the wedding. Our cocktail hour was outside on the terrace with views of Citified, the famous Arthur Ashe tennis stadium and excellent view of NYC including the Manhattan skyline. All of our guests had a clear view in every direction to take beautiful pictures. Our guests kept telling us they had no idea this place even existed in Flushing Meadow Park. Most brides chose LI or Manhattan for a wedding. I really suggest more people come to see this venue and check it out. Lastly, we had the most unbelievable Viennese hour, ice cream bar, hot stations, chocolate fountain and our cake was beautiful! Pretty much all I told my florist to add flowers, and it came out amazing. Our guests were in awe! There was so much food..all of the children were so excited..
There are so many picture opportunities, On the well-manicured grounds there is a large gazebo, you are right in the middle of Flushing Meadow Park with the Globe within a few minutes, there is a beautiful mirrored staircase, upstairs in the Penthouse the views are incredible.
My bridal attendant was super sweet and really worked hard. Our maitre d’ even made sure that I had all my wedding items at the end of the night and even carried it all out to our car for us. We could not have asked for better service and attentiveness. Weddings can be really stressful and so much can go wrong if you don’t have the proper vendors and staff in your corner. We can say, without a doubt in our minds, you cannot go wrong if you choose Terrace on the Park for your event. Our wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to the amazing staff at Terrace on the Park!...
I would rate the staff and well as the catering hall excellent. They really went out of their way to make our day special.
Wedding: 09/26/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The best choice I made was having my wedding at Terrace on the Park. Our banquet manager, Frank Pacheco, was exceptional in every aspect, from helping us plan our reception to the actual night of our wedding. We were given so many options to choose from and with having a wedding of 250-300 people, it can be overwhelming when trying to please everyone. But both managers, Frank and Mark, helped us wonderfully. The night of our reception was extraordinary. We had a full cocktail hour and our family and friends informed us that the food was delicious and plentiful. With about 250 people everyone was taken care of. Once we got into our reception the food never stopped. From the beginning to the end we were waited on hand and foot. We never even had to ask for anything, it was brought to us even before we could ask. Frank Pacheco did a wonderful job in overseeing everything. And the view....what a view...breathtaking!! Once we returned from our very long honeymoon, our family and friends informed us of the great time they had. They told us that they were very pleased with the food, service and entertainment. Our wedding was last years most memorable event for us and our family and friends. I owe it to Terrace on the Park for making that happen. With spending about $100 a person at 250 attending, it was well worth the money. I would highly recommend Terrace on the Park to others.
Wedding: 11/15/2008
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0

"Terrace on the park" We wanted to thank you from the bottom of out hearts to Bryan and Oscar. for helping us put together the wedding of our dreams! We had a great time and so did all of our guests. We got so many compliments from everyone about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. We are so happy that we found this venue and Bryan was our wedding coordinator It was really the wedding we wanted. We can’t express enough how great the team was. I’ve already recommended a ton of people TERRACE ON THE PARK.
We wish you the best of luck and continued success in your business. And I am certain you will make many more brides as happy as I am.

Sincerely,

The happy couple

Liliana and Raphie
Terrace on the Park responded with the following comments:
Thank you for sharing your happiness with Terrace On The Park.
Wedding: 03/23/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5

Anonymous 5 Reviews
I got married at the penthouse at TOP, I grew up in queens and was always fascinated with the building architecture. Beautiful views and hall! I got a lot of compliments on my wedding reception. You get exactly what you are promised. Great food, great service, beautiful hall and a reasonable price! Would highly recommend!
Wedding: 03/22/2013
 718-592-5000
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire