Sun Dream Yacht Charters

Value
Flexibility
Sharon
05/16/2015

Had our wedding on board the Sun Dream yacht on Ma 16th, 2015. The staff was outstanding. The food great. The DJ rocked! Our cake was beautiful. The view was breathtaking. It was perfect. Thank you, David George and the Sun Dream crew.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Officiant, Wedding Cake

These folks are amazing! Totally know the business. Made our event unique and special. Everyone from start to finish worked with us. Made it easy. Totally accessible and answered all questions no matter how small or frequent. No detail was left out. I cannot stay is enough these folks are AMAZING. There is a reason why they have been in business so long and why their employees stay with them for years (and decades). From the Captain Pat to Carol... they made our night wonderful. I cannot imagine doing this without them. Our event was THE event of the year and possible the best wedding that all our friends and family have attended. From the food to the service... they truly did a great job. I would highly recommend Sun Dream to anyone... its almost like a one stop shop - but high class. Truly appreciate the staff cause they not only met our expectations, but exceeded them. They will make you feel special and your event will be special.

Sun Dream Yacht Charters responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Craig! We loved having you on board!

Wedding April 6, 2015 - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Sun Dream Yacht Charters is a fantastic company! They treated us like royalty! From the minute we inquired about booking the Catalina they attended to our every need and request. Kristen was so quick with responses to my never ending questions and extremely flexible with everything. Carol was outstanding as our wedding day coordinator - she made sure everything was perfect and everyone knew where to be and went then night went perfectly because of her! She was a blast to have on the boat as well always smiling and making sure all of our guests were happy. The crew was also fantastic and the food was amazing!! We also paid for the extra hour - which was totally worth it! Everyone was having so much fun no one was ready to leave the yacht! We had so many compliments on our wedding from "Best Wedding Ever" to "I really don't think anyone could ever top your wedding on a yacht". If you want a truly unique wedding that’s a hit with everyone Sun Dream Yacht Charters is your venue of choice!

1 person found this review helpful

Sundream yachts was absolutely amazing. From the moment we went to see the yacht we eventually booked, the Catalina, they were attentive and prompt with every request we had. Kristin helped us from the beginning and was sure to answer any and all questions in a matter of minutes. Carol was our rehearsal and wedding day coordinator, and with her in charge we were completely at ease and everything ran incredibly smooth. Every guest said the food was delicious. The bartenders on board remembered everyone's drink order and there was never a wait, even though we had a large party. The atmosphere on the yacht was so beautiful and unique, all of our guests raved about how cool it was. Sundream yachts is a great organization and we will definitely be referring our friends!!! Adding the extra hour was well worth it too, people always tell you your wedding day flies by so we were so happy to have the extra time and not feel rushed.

Our one regret was that we had them dock at the GalleryONE doubletree, although we could have had them dock elsewhere. We wish they could have provided the same excellent service that Sundream did, but unfortunately they did not. I would pay the extra money and dock at another hotel, but that is no reflection of Sundream.

1 Review
Recently Married

During all the process of the preparation for the event they were very understanding, flexible, nice and helpful. Everything was so perfect and beautiful. They were responsible and attentive to make everything perfect!! I highly recommended!!!!

Sun Dream Yacht Charters responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so happy that you chose Sun Dream Yacht Charters!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kristin, Jim, and the rest of the Sun Dream crew are complete pros at what they do!!! You will be in great hands with them. All responses to emails were very prompt, and it was so nice to have one place take care of everything - venue, food, flowers, cake, and DJ. It made planning very easy for me. On the day of the wedding, everything from set-up to party to clean-up went off without a hitch! Guests have been telling me how beautiful everything was, how smoothly it seemed to run, and how much fun it was to attend a wedding on a yacht! I could not recommend Sun Dream Yachts more.

03/06/2015

We had our wedding reception held at the Sundream Yacht and it was a success! Everyone in our party absolutely loved the yacht and the service. The food and drinks were amazing too, we had a wedding for over 80 people aboard the yacht and everyone was very comfortable and pleased.
Jim and Kristin were so helpful with every step of the planning, and in making sure everything went as planned. Our wedding reception was perfect! Thanks to the Sundream crew!

1 person found this review helpful

They were on top of their game the entire planning stage and the day of. They made the the entire process a breeze! Highly recommend them to everyone

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Recently Married

My husband and I were looking to do something different for our wedding, considering we had family coming to Fl. from up north. We decided to have our reception on The Caprice. It was amazing!! We were referred to Sundream by a friend so we went to meet with Kristin. She was so awesome. From the time we met with her to the countless emails I sent to her with a ton of questions, she always responded in a timely matter and kept me in the loop with everything. Once all was said and done and the day was approaching, Rose called me to go over the timeline of the evening, we went over the menu, she contacted our DJ to make sure everyone was on the same page, she reassured me that everything was taken care of...and was it ever! Sundream COMPLETELY exceeded our expectations! The food was DELICIOUS - prime rib super tender, roasted potatoes roasted to perfection, coconut crusted mahi was sweet and delicate, penne with shrimp (my favorite), mini philly cheesesteaks (I'm a Philly girl), shrimp skewers, Cuban cigar spring rolls, veggies, tropical fruit shooters, and cookies. Everything was so good, I wish I could have had a doggie bag to take leftovers!

The crew was also exceptional, the waitstaff were very kind and attentive, and Rose made me feel completely at ease. I didn't have to worry about anything, NOTHING! Even centerpieces, cake toppers, cards, decor, etc. they packed it all up, they took excellent care of us.

Also, the price was exceptionally reasonable. We initially thought to do something in the Keys with 50 guests and it was DOUBLE the price of what we had with 103 on board the Caprice with zero amenities. I was floored to know having a yacht reception was WAY cheaper and, of course, MORE fun! A week has passed since our wedding and we're still receiving emails, texts, calls from our guests that we had "the best wedding." I owe it all to Norma*, Rose and Kristin!

*Please see review for Norma's Touch

1 person found this review helpful

My husband and I are both from Toronto, Canada, and approximately 10 months ago, we started the grueling journey of planning a destination wedding in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Being so far away, we were so so worried about how things would come together - the quality of the food, the drinks, the entertainment, the venue..... but Kristin, Rose and Jim were so responsive, and assured us that our reception would be a success.

The team was there with us every step of the way. From sending e-mails by the hour, and getting responses within two, it was amazing how transparent and how organized the team was. Kristin was absolutely amazing, and I am so surprised at how patient she was with the amount of e-mails we sent, asking one question after the other!

Our actual event was held on November 16, 2014, and words cannot describe how amazing the experience was. The staff - attentive & friendly.... the set-up - stunning... the food - delicious ..... and the service for the bride and groom - wow! I was so well-fed and well liquored-up, and I don't even remember going to the bar even once! (Thanks Rose for keeping the supply going!)

Our family was so grateful to us that we were able to give them a unique, Florida experience... yet we are so grateful to Kristin and the entire team on board the Catalina, for their hard work in making sure our guests were a priority.

Thank you team Sun Dream for making our day a success!

Roy
06/21/2014

The boat was AMAZING!!! Exactly what we were looking for, which is different from the normal church wedding. Everyone enjoyed the service, scenery and their 1st time on a yacht

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding on the Sun Dream was the best choice we could have ever made! For months I emailed back and forth with Kristin and she was great! Every question I had never we think unanswered and she made me feel at ease especially since I am from new York and never went to the yacht before. On the day of the wedding it was raining and they were doing everything possible to be able to keep the ceremony on the top deck. Luckily it did stop raining and the ceremony was beautiful. Jim and his wife are amazing! My guests are still raving about how unique the wedding was and how much fun they had! Thank you Sun Dream!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
1 person found this review helpful

I had my wedding on the Sun Dream Yacht May 24th, 2014. The staff of the Sun Dream Yachts made my wedding absolutely amazing, they tended to my every need. Kristin and Jim where great to work with, food was AMAZING and friendly service. They made my wedding the happiest day of the life.

4.3

The only issues we had with the Venue was that the boat showed up over 30 Minutes late, causing the bride to have to walk through the waiting guests in her robe to get to the boat where she had to Rush to get dressed for the ceremony. If the boat had showed up on time, the Bride would have had enough time to get on the boat and start getting dressed before the guests met int he lobby of the hotel for boarding. This would have also allowed the Bride to get a few pictures in which we never had the opportunity to take since everything was rushed from the start. Also, the room where the cake was being held was warm, and caused the cake to melt and topple over before we (as bride and groom) even boarded the boat. We noticed it the second we got on the boat, which was a shame since we never got to see our cake as a whole. Other than those two issues, which I had addressed to the company (with no positive response, besides a "Sorry"), we had a good time and the food was great.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Our wedding was incredible thanks to the Sun Dream crew and staff. David was there from the very first moment I called to inquire and helped us with everything. Two weeks before the wedding, Jim, our onboard wedding attendant, took over and made me feel at ease. The flexibility with all of the planning was fantastic. The day of our wedding was spectacular. The boat is absolutely beautiful, the food is gourmet (by the way, best prime rib and penne alla vodka I have tasted in my life!!) and the crew was so welcoming. Our wedding officiant, Captain John, was incredibly friendly and made the ceremony fun for us. I was so eager to marry my husband that I said, "I Do" too soon and he joked along with us. Our guests all commented on this great and unique venue. We recommend the Sun Dream Yacht to anyone looking for a memorable South Florida wedding.

1 person found this review helpful

AWESOME! Everyone in the company is so helpful and flexible! Everything that I wanted they made happen. The boat was beautiful and the people were amazing to work with!