Strut--Brides size 12+

Value
Flexibility
FutureMrs.DCT
03/17/2017

Just found the gown yesterday at Strut! I'm so thrilled with it. I wanted something slightly fitted, but that hid some of my flaws. They had THE ONE. So glad I went there. Thank you to Sarah my consultant who helped, and also made sure we stayed on budget. We had picked out 2 beautiful dresses, but they were over budget. She took me aside and notified me they were over budget and gave me the opportunity to say yes or no. I really appreciated that. They also do some great things for brides. You can put 25% down then pay the other 25% in 30 days to make the 50% to order. Much more financially feasible for me. If you find the gown on your first visit you get a discount on the gown. Not only did I come in $500 under budget, but I also got the additional discount. The only down side is the selection is small, but that obviously wasn't a problem for me. Well worth the 2 hour drive from Tucson.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I highly recommend Strut! I loved every minute of my experience! Stephanie made it so easy and an absolute joy! I honesty didn't know what to expect as it was my first attempt at looking for a wedding dress and the thought of it kind of overwhelmed me. However, as soon as I walked in, I was put at ease and the fun began! There were so many options - Stephanie let me try on everything I wanted to try, but she really did great at knowing exactly what to pull for my body type and heard me when I explained the style I was going for. Made it so simple to find "the dress". :-) I also want to share that I'm getting the mother of the bride and bridesmaid's dresses here too since they are able to get them in any size (from 0 and up)! Makes my life much easier knowing we are all in good hands! P.S. The prices are AWESOME!

Veronica
1 Review
08/15/2015

My best friend had a wonderful experience at Strut so of course I had to fly from out of state to get my wedding dress at this amazing location! I flew out JUST to get my dress from STRUT because they are THAT GREAT!~
The staff is so friendly, professional and helpful. I have already told THREE friends (brides who are getting married this year) about my great experience and I hope they also get their dresses here also.
Thank you Thank you Thank you!
One happy future bride : )

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Absolutely AMAZING!! I went to Strut Bridal very nervous. I'm not "overweight" but I carry VERY big hips, and heavy chest - so I just knew i wouldnt have a good experience at Davids Bridal etc.
My appointment was set for 10am, I had a sitter planned for my kids because I just KNEW this would be an all day event. I sat for about 5 minutes with Stephanie, who was SO nice and made me feel very comfortable! I filled out a sheet that asked me my budget, vision for my dress etc. I also came in with a picture and right away Stephanie was very honest and said the dress I had been admiring would be double my price range. I really did appreciate that, so she didn't have me try it on and then be disappointed by the price. We searched the store and picked out a total of 5 dresses, they were all so nice but there was just this one that I loved. After trying it on again my mom said "try on the dress you really want", while the dress was double my price range my mother wanted me to be happy. I tried the dress on and KNEW it was the one. My bridesmaid was still a little hesitant, my mom goes "if only there were two of you" Stephanie let me stay in the dress I loved and actually helped my bridesmaid into the other dress that I liked. (getting into these dresses are not easy, and i'm sure helping women in and out of them is 10xs harder) After standing side by side we decided on the dress that was twice our budget.

To end this story and back up why I'm giving Strut Bridal 5 stars, my appointment started at 10am I was gone with paperwork signed and in my car before 12pm!!! This was THE FIRST AND LAST PLACE for my dress shopping. Also, my wedding is 3/21/2015 and I didn't go trying on dresses until October! Stephanie told me my dress wouldn't get here til mid February which is VERY scary - 3 weeks after my appointment I got a postcard from Stephanie stating that my dress would be there by Mid December, which it was!!!

Thank you girls so much for making this SOOOO easy!!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

A girl dreams of her wedding for many years and pours over mountains of magazines looking for the perfect dress..... however, when you are a buxom young lady, your actual excitement in trying on dresses comes to a screeching halt when you are faced with the reality that 99% of those dresses you gazed at in the magazines were not made for voluptuous girls. They are beautiful but they just don't work. Enter STRUT.

From the minute I walked in I was embraced and felt I had found my wedding dress paradise. The salon was intimate and decorated to make you feel like a bride, the attendant was personable, enthusiastic and dedicated to only the client in front of her. As I walked the rows of dresses, I was encouraged to pick any and all that caught my eye and to be patient while we found the right one.

My attendant helped me with every step, patiently talked me through good fits, right cuts and told me when I had found "the one". She said she knew because when a bride finds "the one" she stands in front of the mirror, everyone else falling away in her mind as she is envisioning her day without even realizing it. I loved that my attendant helped me recognize I had done just that; "the one" fit me and who I was and wanted to be on my wedding day. I felt breathtaking and confident and loved the entire experience.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I loved Strut and the concept because I didn't feel "plus sized" at all. I was able to try on almost everything in the store and actually got to play around with ideas. I felt like a bride, not a size. I had been dreading going shopping for the dress because I am very tall and plus sized. At the first store I went to, the lady was nice, but the selection was limited like i expected. For styles I couldn't try they tried to talk me into just buying something I thought I liked. No way. I found my dress on my second visit to Strut and thankfully got it in the nick of time. I went back two weeks later to verify some measurements and it turned out the style dress was discontinued. But thankfully my order was ok. They were great at communicating when things came in.

My only complaint would be that my measurements were off (measured too small from what I was) and I had ordered a size down (i was between two sizes), so that meant the dress was ordered even smaller. That gave me some anxiety leading up to getting the dress and I would have had no time to reorder anything (and no dress since mine was discontinued...I ordered the dress in July, and it arrived in November. My wedding was 1/11/15). But everything worked out. The dress actually fit perfectly and I had no alterations needed (other than adding a bustle). Hopefully as they expand they can include some alterations within their shop. Would be nice to keep the business going. I think I worked with most of the employees and everyone was great. Thank you Strut!

Heather

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Being a plus size bride I was very nervous to find a dress! My wife and I both wanted to wear formal wedding dresse3s at our wedding. Going to Strut made it so easy! Give yourself plenty of time to order your dress because it took 6 months for both of ours to come in. That worked out for us because we paid half a deposit the day we ordered the dresses and then we had 6 months to save and pay for the rest of the dresses when they arrived. The ladies that work at Strut are very friendly and professional and gave us the best experience we could have asked for! They have a huge variety of dresses for any and every style and can accommodate for any bride!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

As I was taking a stroll down Atlantic on my lunch break I stumbled across this hidden gem. I am not in the market for wedding gowns at this time but being that I am a plus sized diva this really caught my eye. The gowns are beautiful and I couldn't wait to share my findings with all my plus sized friends, family and co-workers in the Los Angeles area. Now all I need is for him to pop the question and I will be back to do more than just window shop :)

Private User
Recently Married

The ladies of Strut Bridal are amaaaaaaazing! I had such a great and positive experience trying on dresses there. As many plus size women know, it can be very discouraging and sometimes embarrassing shopping for clothes, especially if you have to squeeze into something. All of the ladies that work there understand the struggle and they do everything they can to make you feel beautiful and comfortable. Strut is the only place I wanted to go dress shopping (as soon as I knew it existed 2 years before I got engaged) so you can imagine my excitement when I found my gorgeous dress there. So for two years I kept building them up in my head and could not wait to finally go there. Did it live up to my extremely high expectations you may ask? Yes! Even after I found my dress the ladies there would keep in contact via phone and email to give me an update on when my dress would be in, when my veil would be in, etc. If your curvy and have some extra "love" then please ladies, go to Strut Bridal! Thank you

Services Used: Dress & Attire

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE DRESS OF MY DREAMS! I cannot even count the amount of compliments I received on my dress. And they made the process to easy!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had the best experience with Strut Bridal in Phoenix!! They are a great shop that really made me feel welcome and have an incredible selection of gorgeous gowns. I love that they are a small shop with sizes that I could actually try on. It was great to try something that I could zip up, button up, or lace up to actually see how the gown could fit me. Angel was such a pleasure to work with. She made my experience as a bride great without any stress and made sure to communicate with me if anything was needed or if there was a delay. My bridesmaids and I had a great time and I am so thankful to have had a chance to work with Angel and Strut!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I just want to take a moment to tell Strut and all of their consultants Thank You! I was dreading looking for a wedding dress for my November 1st ceremony. From the moment I walked in the door I felt welcomed and comfortable. I tried on about three dresses before I was put into "The One." GiGi was my consultant and once she figured out what I liked she pulled the perfect dress for me. The ladies at strut remind me of the Megan Trainor song - they make you feel that every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top! I will continue to recommend Strut to any amd everyone I know! Keep making dreams come true - Charla Portee

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had the pleasure of shopping in the Phoenix Arizona location with Angel and she made the process so easy. She looked at my pictures, asked me some questions and then brought in several different looks and styles to determine what I really wanted. She nailed "the one" on the 4th dress. Being plus size, this is such a great place to go to so you can actually try dresses on and see how they will look, not try to squeeze into a DB dress that's a size 8 and squint your eyes and try to picture it. They may be a little more expensive but for me, it was totally worth having an amazing overall experience.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I purchased my dress a couple of months ago from Strut and I am completely in love with it. My stylist was amazing and even though I ended up picking the first dress I tried on (crazy, right?), she made sure to select several gowns for me to try on and gave me her honest opinion on each of the dresses I tried on. The dress fit almost perfectly, so I was able to take it home that day, and will be sending it in for some minor alterations in the next couple of weeks. The only draw back was they don't do in house alterations, but they were able to recommend several places for both the alterations and undergarments. My mom loved the service we got so much she even went back a few weeks ago and purchased her mother of the bride dress, which she ended up taking home that day as well!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I wanted to go in here forever, after having a horrified experience at Uptown Bridal in Chandler. I am a size 16 and was told at Uptown that nothing would fit me and I should look elsewhere. So I made my appointment at Strut, and was lucky enough to work with Stephanie. She was funny, patient and soooo very sweet! My mom pulled a huge ball gown that I absolutely didn't want (so I thought) but Stephanie pushed me to try it on along with my other simple picks. THANK GOODNESS she knows her stuff, because of course, the ballgown was the most amazing dress on me that I had ever seen. I was and still am SO happy I chose to make the trip to their shop as they changed my views on bridal boutiques. Even if you're not a plus size girl, I would strongly recommend this shop, just for the experience!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Strut! From the moment I walked in the door to saying yes to the dress the girls at Strut were awesome! I felt so comfortable and my nightmares of finding a dress in my size were laid to rest as soon as I walked in the door. The girls listened to me and found the perfect dress for me! Thank you thank you thank you for helping my wedding day dreams come true!!