Steve Matteo Photography

Value
Flexibility
Kelly
06/20/2015

Steve Matteo was such a joy to work with. He truly captured our beautiful wedding day and I am beyond happy with our pictures. Steve was very prompt with sending us our pictures after the wedding. It was so great to see pictures Steve captured without us even knowing he was there. He is very talented and I am so happy he was our photographer. I will be using him again in the future. I would recommend Steve Matteo Photography to anyone and especially friends and family.

Services Used: Photography

We selected Steve after recommendations from friends and could not have been happier. I thought his prices were reasonable considering all we got- he has plenty of experience in wedding photography in the city and surrounding area plus we were able to get copies of all pictures in color and black and white to print as we wish. Steve photographed the girls pre ceremony and his assistant, Dale photographed the guys. During the ceremony Dale and Steve were nearly invisible, yet produced amazing shots and seemed to capture every moment of the ceremony. After the ceremony I literally just handed them a list of family poses I wanted and they worked to streamline the entire process. Steve rode with us on our trolley after and we got great shots of the wedding party with the skyline, near the bean and with some bridges. Steve pulled us away a few times during cocktail hour to take advantage of the light and we got some great night shots over the river. During the reception they took plenty of action shots and a few posed shots upon request. Overall I was very happy with all of the pictures we received. My parents and in-laws were blown away. Steve is a true professional who brings his wealth of experience to capture every moment of your special day. He is easy to work with and his end product is amazing. His approach is more photo journalistic than old school posed wedding photographer, in fact he won Wedding Photojournalist Association Photographer of the Year. The best part of using Steve as our wedding photographer was that I just knew I could trust him. I didn’t worry at all about our pictures, I knew they’d turn out great. One less thing to stress about on our wedding day was priceless.

Services Used: Photography

Steve did our engagement photos and they were absolutely amazing. We received nothing but excellent comments on our photos. The first thing everyone asked was who took these photos? He had our proofs back in no time. Very professional and easy to work with! He knows how to capture the perfect shot!

Services Used: Photography

Steve was such a pleasure to work with. My wife and I sat down with him and got to know each other a bit before we hired him, but it didn't take long to realize that Steve was a perfect fit for us. He is very relaxed, funny, and professional. He has a ton of experience with weddings and live action events (sports) so he knows exactly how to capture the moment without being obtrusive. The posed shots that Steve took turned out great. He has a great eye for location, color, and fun shots. One of my favorites was of me in front of an old boat house with the silhouette of my bride posing inside the boat house. Very cool! When we looked at our pictures we were so glad that he captured fun family/friend moments that we missed in the whirlwind that is the wedding day. Bottom line, the photos are amazing and you will be so relaxed with Steve as your photographer. Trying to take a million family pictures right after the wedding can be...stressful, but Steve made the whole process quick, beautiful, and funny. Other bonuses: very quick turnaround so we could share photos on Facebook, CD with all your photos so you can print/share (we have a bunch hanging in the house), and a great value for the price! If I was going to get married again I would pick the same venue, the same bride, and the same photographer.

4.3

We were very satisfied with Steve's services. He did a great job of capturing action shots. We appreciated that he took the time to meet with us before our event date on location to get a lay of the land and discuss possible photo ops.

Anonymous
1 Review
2+ years ago

To me, the most important part of our wedding planning was who was going to capture it.I remember the day we called Steve. A few minutes previously, Michael and I were frustrated. We had been looking for a photographer in Las Vegas, and online, all that we saw were cheesy and boring pictures. Thankfully, a lightbulb went off. I remembered meeting Steve for the first time downtown with Michael next to his work. Once I thought of Steve and his talent and told Michael we knew he HAD to be the one to photograph our wedding.

I carry around Steve’s pictures with me in my day planner to remind me of our most special day of our lives - the comments I get to hear everytime I show them off are usually GASPS instead of comments! People are amazed! They are used to seeing the cookie cutter wedding pictures with no real capture of emotion. Steve instead captured everything, and I mean everything for us, which was our highest priority so we could remember our wedding day in the best way possible!

Yet talent means little unless you can combine it with a stellar personality! During our wedding day, Steve blended effortlessly with everyone. He is incredibly personable and funny (even without sitting on a cactus in the middle of our mountain photoshoot!). We are both incredibly blessed to have Steve as our photographer and our friend, and to have in our hands the most creative, unique, and classically beautiful pictures for our family for generations to come.

Services Used: Photography

I am so happy we chose Steve as our wedding photographer. Leading up to the wedding, I especially appreciated his contacting me to check out the venue before the wedding date. I was reassured that he was someone who took pride in his work and was already considering the photographs and plans weeks before the wedding. I also liked that he had mentioned doing this at our initial meeting. It gave me a peace of mind, really. And I liked how easy it was to pay him the installments via paypal. Would I recommend him to others? YES! YES! YES! We are still talking about our wedding photos today. I carry some of them around on my iPhone in case anyone ever inquires. We get so many compliments on our photos. He is so talented, and I am very impressed that all our photos were taken by just ONE photographer. His prices are extremely reasonable compared to the other photographers I researched. I didn’t even realize how important photos were until I had so many amazing ones from my own wedding. When we have a child, I will contact Steve again to get some family shots too! :-) I LOVE my wedding photos.

Services Used: Photography

Steve photographed our wedding in July and I absolutely love our photos. They quality of them is fantastic. Steve was very easy to work with and had some really creative ideas. He was also very prompt about getting back to me when I had questions or concerns.

The only small complaint that I have is that I feel like a few elements are missing. For example, we don't have any pictures with our grandparents or pictures with me and my bridesmaids individually.. I know that Steve had asked us several times if there were any other shots we wanted and I said no. But my brain was going 1000 miles a minute and I didn't think about that.

If I could do it over, the only thing I would have done differently is to put more time into thinking about who I want photos with and compiling a list. Other than that, I'm absolutely and completely satisfied with our wedding photos. Steve did a fantastic job and I was definitely hire him again and recommend him to a friend.

Services Used: Photography

Steve and his partner rescued me after a previous photographer added last minute fees. I thought I was saving money (she seemed so much cheaper), but BE CAREFUL of last minute add-ons!! Steve Matteo photography was NOT ONLY a completely reasonable price, but you get AMAZING photos out of it too! I cannot recommend Steve Matteo photography more! Great guys, amazing photos, they’re up front and awesome about everything, and the price is totally reasonable (with the addition of having a serious, professional photographer. Not someone who decided to make their hobby into a small business)! You won’t regret it!

Services Used: Photography

Steve was extremely helpful to my son and his new wife in providing his knowledge and experience to help them throughout the day. My son is in the marines and it was very hard for these newlyweds to put together plans, they are also very young. Steve had them relaxed and at ease throughout the whole day. His photography is excellent. The pictures are something you would see in a bridal magazine. This was a gift from me to my son and his wife on their wedding day. This is something they and their children will cherish for the rest of their lives. I couldn't have provided a better gift for them. The money spent for Steves artistry was worth every penny and then some. I will recommend Steve time and time again. He went beyond the call of duty.

Services Used: Photography

I can't say enough about the quality of Steve's work. His efforts to make every photo "just right" is impeccable. He has an artistic eye with the ability to make the most of the environment he is working. He is able to scan the room/ venue and determine exactly what will be needed to get the best shot. He will move furniture, lay on the floor, run outside across the street in order to capture the best image. It's not just about taking pictures for Steve, it is about creating an artistic image and capturing the emotion of the moment. Steve takes the time to discuss throughly what you would like to see in your images, where you would like to be photographed, the best way to capture the venue, and a detailed time line for the day to ensure that enough time will be allowed throughout the dayt to ensure you get the best possible photos. In addition, Steve has very reasonable prices for the quality of work you receive. If you select Steve, you will not be dissapointed!

Services Used: Photography

I came to appreciate Steve's work when he photographed a few of my fights at the Chicago Golden Gloves. The quality of those photos was unbelievable. When it came time for me to get married, there were a lot of tough decisions to be made, but choosing a photographer was the easiest. On the big day, Steve was punctual and very professional. He took some great photos of the bridal party before the ceremony. We were running late for our reception and Steve was able to work well under the pressure and snap numerous great photos in very little time after the ceremony at our church. At the reception, he took hundreds of photos, but I rarely noticed that he was even there. Nearly all the photos he took that day were wedding magazine quality.

If there was one thing I could tell you about Steve's work, it's that he will not provide you with the same old photos that many of the other photographers take. He takes very unique shots from unique angles and captures great candid moments. In terms of value, I don't think he could be beat.

Services Used: Photography

my wife and I just got married in october and used steve matteo as our photographer. My wifes brother used steve and had a wonderful experience. the pictures were amazing so we decided to have steve shoot our wedding as well. We are beyond satisfied with steve's work and pictures. he was wonderful to work with and really worked well with the other vendors. We would highly recommend steve to anyone and hope to use him in the future for other events.

Renzo and Sara Berardi

Megan
1 Review
09/24/2011

Steve did our engagement and wedding photos and we absolutely love how they turned out. We live in Springfield, IL and I was so impressed when he drove out hours early just to scout out the area for ideas. He is very creative and definitely has an eye for photography. I was also very impressed with his communication skills. He is one of the few vendors I could rely on to answer an email within a matter of hours. I would recommend Steve, even if you do not live in the Chicago area. The distance was never a problem! We will call Steve in the future for any photography we may need!

Services Used: Photography

Steve's laid back yet professional attitude allowed me to be "worry free" the day of my wedding. He's a creative person with an eye for the small stuff! Not to mention, his prices are very affordable for the resourceful bride and groom.

Services Used: Photography

Working with Steve Matteo was the best experience. He is so professional, personable, creative, and polite. He gave me exactly what I wanted and had great suggestions. Steve was very flexible, arrived on time, and even scheduled an evening session with us so that we could take pictures in front of Chicago landmarks downtown, after the reception. I booked Steve from out of state as I live in Kansas and he is in Chicago. I found him from a google search and it was such a good thing. I had never met him, but i read his reviews and looked at his photos and they were awesome. I would recommend his services to anyone and everyone. I do plan on using him again for future events.