South Carolina Aquarium

Flexibility
4.7
Pam
05/14/2015

Planning an event at the SCAquarium was made very easy and comfortable because of the wonderful, responsive event managers. All of my questions were answered promptly and throughly. When a problem arose with one of the viewing tanks they brought us in for a preview visit to ask us our opinion for a solution. The beauty and cleanliness for the facility was a great choice for us. Providing a staff educator who circulated among our guests with chosen reptiles and birds, was a treat to all our guests, young and old.
Our sincere thanks to Bryan, Nicole and the lovely responsive staffer on duty that night, Catlin.

Elizabeth
05/10/2015

Everyone was great to work with and listened to our concerns. This is a beautiful place to have a wedding. 100% rememberable and breathtaking views for amazing photos!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held a small wedding in the park outside the aquarium and then the reception on the lower level of the aquarium itself, and we couldn't have done either without the expertise and help of Bryan and Nicole. They worked with us throughout the process and the ultimate result was unique and memorable. Thanks to all!.

Shannon
03/07/2015

This was a perfect venue for our wedding and we were extremely pleased with the service we received and the beauty of the location. All our guests loved the venue, and the children definitely enjoyed watching all the sea life in the tanks. It provided a beautiful backdrop and felt very comfortable for a fun party!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A lovely venue for our Friday night welcome dinner before the wedding. The staff was professional and responsive. And it was just a lovely, unique venue

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We reserved the Harbor Deck/ Executive Ballroom for our April wedding and it was the perfect choice! The staff was very helpful and great to work with. We had a huge request for our pictures and they made it happen for us! I would recommend this venue for anyone wanting a wonderful memory!

amanda
10/19/2013

Having our wedding at the SC Aquarium was a dream come true! Samantha and Brian were true professionals and made it very easy to plan our wedding. They were very responsive to all of our questions, and helped us find mutually acceptable compromises for things that we wanted to do (flower petals, tables placements, etc.) The venue itself is breathtaking, and you couldn't ask for more awesome dance partners - fish, sharks, turtles, lemurs - OH MY! The outdoor veranda was so gorgeous at night and provided the perfect backdrop for our photos. We absolutely adored the SC Aquarium and HIGHLY recommend it to everyone!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The SC Aquarium is definitely the place to have your wedding! Samantha and Brian were amazing! They made sure that all my requests were accommodated and that my wedding was one to remember. The only thing that I would change is that I wish I had known that there was another wedding going on, on the roof of the venue. This would have allowed us to better coordinate some of our vendors. However, they still provided stellar service because my guest had no idea there was another wedding happening around the same time. Awesome Job!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having both our ceremony and reception at the SCA was awesome! Our guests loved the uniqueness of the venue and how much fun they could have exploring the exhibits. My husband and I did not want a traditional setting and we got just what we wanted. The backdrop for our ceremony was awesome, overlooking the river with the Arthur Ravenel Bridge in the background. The service they provided was great, and I would recommend them to any bride-to-be!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our Ceremony & Reception at the SC Aquarium. It is a fabulous place to have an event. Our guest were speechless at how magnificent and unique the venue was.

The entire staff at the aquarium are very helpful and always there to answer all of our questions and are as accommodating as possible to our every request.

The Future Mrs. Ray
06/16/2012

The best place to have a wedding!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful Venue! I was worried at first about separating the tables for our 250 seated guests between floors, but we have heard NOTHING BUT COMPLIMENTS! Each room is so unique and wonderful that it was just beautiful and encouraged walking around and movement. A real plus for a wedding. And a big thank you to Samantha for all her help. Did I mention it was WONDERFUL? :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a small wedding, just 65 guests and we choose the third floor terrace and executive room of the South Carolina Aquarium. Everything turned out so beautiful and perfect! I was able to choose my own vendors and they worked great with them all. There was a great backup plan in case it rained, thankfully it did not. However it was a little colder than we thought, so we were able to add heater braziers the day of the wedding and it worked out perfectly! Everyone stayed warm when they were outside as long as they were close to a heater, but it still was wonderful! The price was great and the view was amazing! Can't get a better deal in downtown Charleston!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding and reception on the third floor terrace. So lovely. The view is AMAZING!! It was raining on our wedding day, but we still had the wedding outside on the terrace. I didn't want to miss the view. The space is easy to use, and get to via an elevator. You don't see any of the actual aquarium, but you do see the bird sanctuary and the top of the tanks. Restroom facilities are nice and there is a seperate one that can be used by the bridal party. Holly is so very easy to work with and there are lots of spots around the grounds to take photos. All in all a fun wedding location.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They allow us to take our photo there

Services Used: Jewelry, Unique Services (Other)

The location is beautiful and Samantha was very helpful. I scored them 4.5 on flexibility due to the fact they have some limitations on decor and such in the interest of their animal safety. As it IS an aquarium, we totally understood that. However, it is something one would want to be aware of when booking a venue.