Some Like It Classic - Wedding Design

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Words just cannot express how amazing Some Like It Classic - Wedding Design is!! From our initial meeting to the very last detail...everything was PERFECT and would not have been possible without Some Like It Classic - Wedding Design! Whitney was our Wedding Designer and has truly become a part of our family! I could not believe how stress free my entire wedding planning experience was and I owe it all to Whitney, Amina and all of the ladies with Some Like It Classic - Wedding Design.

Some Like It Classic - Wedding Design responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your thoughtful and sweet words, Ashley!! It was such a pleasure to help you and get to know you and your HUSBAND :-) XO!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

For any engaged couples contemplating whether or not to hire a wedding planner, I highly recommend it. The time, energy and dedication that your wedding planner puts into your wedding is well worth the investment. Not to mention you will save time and a TON of the stress that can go with wedding planning.
I chose SLIC because they are THE BEST in the industry. They are super-organized and professional and cater to your individual needs as a couple. They will only connect you with vendors who are professional and highly dependable. Overall, I was 100% satisfied with ALL of my vendors which made for a completely beautiful, enjoyable and memorable wedding day.
Amina has an awesome team of ladies who love what they do. My wedding planner was Whitney and she is AMAZING!! She dedicates her time and energy to all of her brides and I know she truly loves and enjoys her career. Ali and Jess were really sweet and helpful during my wedding weekend as well. SLIC will make your wedding vision comes to life, even more than you can ever imagine!!

Some Like It Classic - Wedding Design responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your sweet review Dar! I had so much fun working with you. It was always such a pleasure to meet and discuss your beautiful wedding. It was soo gorgeous!! :-)

Private User
11/09/2013

There is nothing that I can say to fully describe my appreciation and satisfaction with SLIC. I worked with Amina and Whitney, both of whom are absolute sweethearts. Whitney was my day of planner, and she was always kind, responsive, thoughtful and creative. Anything I ever needed, she made sure I had it or was there to help! Whitney was always there to provide guidance, support and ideas. Wedding planning for a perfectionist can be so overwhelming, but she reassured me and helped me every step of the way. Not only did she help with the planning, she put me into contact with the best vendors. Initially, I had a hard time convincing my fiance that hiring a wedding planner was worth the cost, but once he saw all she did and all of the little things that go into making a stress free wedding day, he agreed we needed a planner. The day of your wedding can be so stressful, but knowing you have someone to take care of all the details and someone to turn to when you need something, allows you to really enjoy your day. Because I had Whitney by my side, I was able to laugh with my friends and family, and fully take in my beautiful and memorable day. On top of that, Whitney assured that everything was exactly as I had described and that all my vendors played their part exactly as expected. She made the wedding timeline and we stuck to it, she made sure of it! The day was FLAWLESS! Not one problem, concern or situation ever popped up because Whitney was on top of it and is extremely organized! I was worried that the perfectionist in me set my standards to high, that something might go wrong or not be as I planned, but I am happy to report that I HAD THE WEDDING OF MY DREAMS! The day was magical, elegant, and the most fun I have ever had! Whitney and Amina are each worth their weight in DIAMONDS...DIAMONDS ARE A GIRLS BEST FRIEND AND SO ARE THESE LOVELY WEDDING PLANNING LADIES!

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART- THANK YOU WHITNEY AND AMINA!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

The best decision we made while planning our wedding was to hire day of coordinator Ali Adams with Some Like it Classic. We almost didn't hire a coordinator but at the last minute (30 days out) we realized that all of our planning, time, and money wouldn't have been worth it if we couldn't relax and enjoy the day - we were so right. Ali was fantastic from start to finish. She spent tons of time getting to know us, viewing our ceremony and reception site, taking over our contracts and making sure all the last minute details were set. She created a master list of what our vendors were contracted to do and made a timeline for the entire day so that everyone knew where to be and when. With every 15 minute block of the entire day scheduled with hair, make-up, first look, pictures, the ceremony, grand entry, fist dance, speeches, and all the other important things that you want to do on your wedding day, it was such a relief to know that Ali had it all organized, on time, and honestly, that if something went wrong she would take care of it. She was professional, easy to communicate with, friendly, and so much fun to work with. She made sure the ceremony and reception space were beautifully put together and it meant a lot that she was excited for us to see it. I could go on and on about all the things she did for us, I don't know how all of it would have happened without her. She really took care of us and made us feel like rockstars. The entire day was so perfect. Every detail was amazing, and the best part is that we truly got to relax and enjoy it! We've both said we wish we could do it all again and no doubt, Ali would be a part of it! One more thing! When you hire a day of coordinator with SLIC, you also get a lady in waiting! Jessica was at my beck and call the day of my wedding. I didn't think I would need so much help that day, but it isn't easy to move around during having hair/make-up and when you're in a wedding dress. I was so thankful to have her, she's great!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Working with Amina Michelle was amazing!! We worked together for an entire year, and she helped my daughter's vision come to life! She helped us find the finest vendors to work with, laid out an organizational plan for the year, and helped steer us through a million decisions. She always smiled, always encouraged us and helped cheer us on throughout the process. She went to so many appointments with us and helped us pick out just the right items.

Then came the wedding day.

Amina specializes in her organizational packets she sends to vendors. She creates a timeline down to the minute of all that needs to occur for a flawless wedding. I relaxed all day knowing she was at the helm. Everyone knew where to be, what to do and what was expected. And she worked tirelessly for days setting up and then tearing down.

I was able to be the hostess at my daughter's wedding instead of the organizer!! I walked around relaxed and only needing to care about our guests.

At the end of the night, Amina made sure everything that needed to be collected was packed into a couple of cars. I didn't even have to collect the wedding gifts!! She did it all. ALL!!!!!!!!! And we grew to be friends in the process.

I cannot express deeply enough how amazing she was to us. Amina and her staff care about their brides, and they are well aware how a well-planned day leads to a memorable wedding.

Would I recommend her? All day long and twice on Sunday!!! Amina Michelle cannot be matched as a wedding planner. She was worth every dime and much more. Thank you Amina for all you did for us...you are amazing!!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

As a couple planning our wedding from across the country, we knew from the beginning that we were going to need some serious help making the vision for our wedding come to life. After extensive research, we thought SLIC would be the best option. Then after meeting Amina, we were CONVINCED that she would be the perfect coordinator, designer, counselor, organizational queen, and friend that we needed throughout the process.

She was amazing from the very beginning, working to get to know us as a couple and our families, laying out a great timeline for the entire year, and guiding us through the process. Meetings with Amina were calming, rather than stressful, because she was so organized, focused, and on top of every single detail! Amina is the best at listening to your vision and creating and out-of-this-world event that is not only completely dedicated to that vision, but ten times better than you could even imagine. She goes over and above to make your planning process and wedding day absolutely perfect. She led us to the most incredible vendors and made sure her discounts went directly to us. Amina was extremely flexible with my schedule as I was finishing school, working full time, and living on the east coast. She always found time to meet with me when I would be in Arizona for a quick weekend...even at 8am on a Sunday!

Our wedding was perfect, all thanks to Amina. My husband and I were able to completely relax throughout the day and truly enjoy it, knowing that Amina was taking care of everything. Every detail was organized and planned down to the minute with the most impressive timeline I have EVER seen. The staff that Amina brought with her were so wonderful and made sure everyone was where they needed to be at the right time. I felt so taken care of! The ceremony and reception were stunning and exceeded all of my dreams. Our guests are still talking about how it was the most amazing wedding they've ever been to :) THANK YOU AMINA!!!!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Wow! Whitney was so wonderful to work with throughout the whole process! She and her lady-in-waiting, Jordan made the day-of go as seamless as possible! I would definitely recommend SLIC to anyone planning a wedding!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Amina ROCKS! I decided to bring her on last minute as a day-of-coordinator. As a former event designer, I had so many details that I did not think it was fair to ask a frined or hotel staff to execute. I completely trusted her taste and left a ton of balls in her court to decide on day-of , she completely blew me out of the water! YOu need an opinion? She will let you know and make you feel confident in your choices! Her attention to detail is supberb and her staff is amazing. She always keeps a cool 'can-do' attitude! On the vendor rangling side - you can not ask for anyone better. She is firm, yet sweet and most vendors are familiar with her, so she has the rapour. The mastertime line she creates and sends out to all vendors is insanely detailed - down to road closures! This ensures everyone is aware every single detail - is is a great one stop shop for all wedding details. She simply is the best - and completly worth the money!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Throughout wedding planning, my now husband and I had to make many, many decisions. Looking back, hiring Sara from Some Like it Classic was the absolute best one we made. We wanted a wedding planner that would think of the things that we wouldn't during the planning process. Sara did this for us. We also wanted a wedding planner to take care of every detail on the day of the wedding that neither of us wanted to worry about. Sara did this for us and more.

Like everyone who plans a wedding, we just wanted to enjoy the day with each other, our family and our friends. Even though we live in Scottsdale, we are from the East Coast, so more than half the wedding attendees were our family and friends who made the trip to Arizona for our special day. This adds another level of stress to the planning process. The traveling efforts made by people also made my husband and I want to take extra steps to ensure our wedding festivities were flawless. Sara executed this vision for us. We had so many family and friends come up to us at the wedding and for days afterward telling us it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I told them Sara was the reason why!

Throughout the process, Sara was responsive, flexible and came to the table with great ideas and solutions. Also, she was just fun to be around! So positive, bubbly and overall engaged. She truly made me feel like our wedding was the only one she was working on. Sara gave us confidence that our day was going to be perfect, and she was so right.

Our entire wedding was perfect. Everything went smoothly and everyone was so happy and had the best time. My husband and I were so calm and truly enjoyed every second of the day thoroughly. All because of Sara and SLIC! Anyone planning a wedding? Hire SLIC and it will be the best decision you make.

Jenny
1 Review
04/13/2013

There isn't enough amazing things to say about Some Like it Classic! I was planning my wedding from another state and Whitney made everything seamless! If I was worried about something she would calm my nerves! Once a wedding planner myself I knew what I wanted and how I wanted it, and Whitney achieved that and even more! She had some amazing ideas that really made our wedding what it was. She was always on top of everything and nothing slipped through the cracks.
One the day of my wedding I can honestly say I was so at ease! That's due to Whitney and the SLIC girls! I knew I didn't have to worry about a thing. That entire day was absolutely perfect and I wouldn't have been that way without Whitney! Its the one thing about our wedding that my husband to this day says...."It was so worth it to have a wedding planner...no matter the cost."
Throughout the wedding planning and wedding we became so close with Whitney! We now make points to try and see each other and meet up when ever we are in the same state! Love her pieces and all the girls at SLIC! Thanks for making my wedding dreams come true!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Words cannot express how AMAZING Amina and her team are......OH WOW!
We realized early on in our wedding planning that we needed help, we had no idea what we were doing! As luck would have it we were introduced to Amina from SLIC and she helped turn our dream wedding into a reality.
The entire planning process ran smoothly only because of Amina's attention to detail and high level of professionalism.
Amina you are a stylish, class act and anyone would be lucky to have you as their wedding planner, you rock!
Thank you so much for everything you did to make our wedding day so beautiful and magical.
Cheers Mr & Mrs W!

Anita
04/04/2013

Amina thank you so much for taking our vision and turning it into a beautiful wedding!
You're the best Wedding planner, and we were so lucky to have you guide us every step of the way.
You rock!
Anita & Jason

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I interviewed a few wedding planners and I am so pleased I chose Amina from SLIC! During my research on wedding planners I discovered that Amina had won multiple National & local awards for her wedding planning services & now I know why!! Amina's services included partial planning services such as vendor recommendations, attending vendor appointments, attending rehearsal, creating a timeline for wedding party/ vendors and day of wedding services.

In the beginning my husband wasn't sure if we needed a wedding planner and at the end of it all he said he would've paid double for her services because she was SO worth it! Amina was definitely worth the value of the price. Amina literally took all the headache of planning away, especially on the day of. We had a wedding of 150 people at The Phoenician and she executed it flawlessly. On the day of the wedding I didn't have to worry about a single thing. If anything went wrong, I had no idea. Since Amina is always in close contact with you and all the vendors you chose, she will know your exact vision. We walked into the reception room that night for our "first look" and we were floored!!! Amina put everything together and every single detail that we wanted was completed to perfection.

During the wedding planning process, I moved to England where my husband resides. The communication between Amina and I was amazing. It didn't even feel like we were in different countries. Her attention to detail, creativity and organization are all impeccable! All of our guests, especially the one's that flew in from England are still talking about how amazing every single little detail was presented. In the beginning of the wedding planning process, I had a vision of my dream wedding. However, Amina was the one that put it together, offered more inspiration and made it happen!!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

It is with great pleasure that I can give a review of SLIC.
Whitney was absolutely amazing to work with. I cannot imagine my daughters wedding without Whitney's attention to detail, calming my nerves (which was quite often), creativity, ideas, vendor contacts and step by step guidance to create such a memorable, beautiful day for us. I feel so lucky that we found Whitney and SLIC. I cannot Thank Whitney enough for all her support along the journey of wedding planning.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

ome Like it Classic was one of the best decisions we made when choosing vendors! Amina is amazing! She's so talented and a rock star wedding coordinator. We hired SLIC to be "day of coordinator." Amina is so professional and unbelievably organized and thorough! We had a few meetings with Amina before the big day and she went over every possible idea/scenario! She contacted our vendors and made the most detailed timeline for the big day. She helped to take so much pressure of me and my mom, so we could just enjoy the wedding! She went above and beyond, and seriously, I couldn't have imagined my day going any more smoothly due to Amina! It will be money soooo well spent!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Amina, Whitney and the rest of the gals at SLIC are absolutely wonderful! They have a passion for what they do and give their all to making every bride's day truly amazing and memorable in every way. There isn't a detail these gals don't pay attention to. Everything about my wedding was just as I had always imagined it. SLIC made the planning process enjoyable and helped provide organization every step of the way. The vendors they have relationships with are professional and reputable. I couldn't imagine my wedding coming together as perfectly as it did without Whitney's creativity, dedication, organizational skills, and ability to execute a timeline flawlessly! The complete wedding planning with day of coordinator is something I would recommend to any bride. I trusted them with everything and was able to enjoy my special day to the fullest knowing SLIC was there to handle all of the logistics that go into a wedding.