Simply Makeup & Hair llc

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mollie was wonderful to work with! She made myself, my sister and my mom feel so beautiful. I would recommend Mollie for bridal hair and make-up!

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

In general, I would highly recommend having someone come to your house/vendor to do your and your bridal parties hair and makeup on your wedding day. It makes the day much more relaxed. As far as in home services go, I thought they were very reasonably priced (especially for the quality). It was very easy to get the trial and day of services scheduled.

The remainder of this review is for the for the specific hair and makeup people we worked with in Louisville, KY.

Tara (Hair): My hair was done at ~10am and stayed perfect through the grand exit at 10:30pm, and this without making it overly hairsprayed. Very open to receiving feedback so she can do your hair exactly as you want it. We had done the trial and made some minor adjustments to the final product to make it perfect. Tara did a total of 5 updos that day, and all stayed up through several hours of ceremony, pictures, etc.

Autumn (makeup): Airbrush looked great. Did not wash off or run. All bridesmaids and mom's looked great! Also very open to your feedback to get the perfect look.

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not have been more lucky for Haley doing my makeup and Chelsea doing my hair. They literally made me feel like the prettiest girl on my wedding day. I contacted Haley around 9 months before the wedding and she was so quick to respond. Once the wedding day got closer, we did trial runs. They both were always responded fast, were receptive to my requests and gave me great advice. I had to do a couple hair re-trials with Chelsea and she was always so understanding and always tried to do things I wanted. The wedding day was PERFECT. They arrived a few minutes before their expected arrival. They are personable and talked to every single one of my girls. It actually felt like they were part of the party. I stumbled upon them just searching the internet and honestly couldn't have found anyone better than these two. I would recommend these girls to everyone and anyone I know. You can NOT go wrong with this company. They are responsive, personable and professional. Haley does makeup that looks unbelievably natural and never looks caked on. She did such a spectacular job. Chelsea did my hair EXACTLY the way and I wanted it and stayed in all night long - even through the flight to the honeymoon! I love these girls!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jessica came to me as a recommendation from a friend's wedding. She was highly recommended and my friend could not say enough great things about her. So I called and got Jessica. Well, she not only lived up to her reputation but surpassed it. Jessica was professional, friendly, and knows her stuff! She made me feel beautiful and confident on my special day in a way I didn't know was possible. I have never received the amount of compliments on my makeup and hair before as I did my wedding day. I looked like a natural beauty just as I requested but I didn't know makeup could look so amazing. We all loved her and I would recommend Jessica for anyone! My hair & makeup were beyond what I could have imagined and she made it seem easy. She even did a little touch for my flower girl which made her feel extra special. Jessica had a special touch and you are missing out if you don't call to request her. Also, the convenience and value of this service coming straight to you on your wedding day is just amazing. This is just one less thing you have to worry about and it makes it so easy, it's hard to put a price on it!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Paige and Sarah Jane came to my wedding site in Orange Park, FL bright and early and were able to have my matron of honor and me ready in just over an hour. They also handled 2 other bridesmaids and the groom's mother and had us all ready within 3 hours (right when the photographer arrived). We ALL looked amazing! Not only are they professional and excellent at what they do, they are so much fun to talk to and made us all feel very comfortable. The price was extremely reasonable considering they came to us, which greatly reduced everyone's stress that day. Finally, in the FL heat and my tendency to cry at weddings (even my own, it turns out), our makeup and hair were flawless at the end of the night. I highly recommend Simply Makeup & Hair and will definitely use them again! Thank you ladies!!

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am more than pleased with the final results of my makeup on my wedding day. I had so many wonderful comments from my guest. The best part was that I felt beautiful and perfect during my wedding day and Marisa did not fall short. I even had an incident after she had finished applying my makeup and it got slightly messed up by one of my bridesmaids. She was quick to fix it without fuss. Not only did I look great the makeup was light on my face and did not feel heavy or oily, and it stayed on all day without any hassle on my part. I would recommend Marisa to any bride about to get married. She is the greatest.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Abby Martin was our hair and makeup guru for the day. Abby did all of my bridesmaid's (7) hair, and did my hair and makeup within 5 hours. Abby was so great to work with and has such a great personality. I had a trial with her about two weeks prior to my wedding which was so much fun. There were a couple things from my trial that I wanted to tweak for the day-of, and Abby listened to me and made the corrections flawlessly. I even brought flowers for her to braid into my hair, and it looked absolutely gorgeous! She followed up with me via text after the trial, and as the wedding day got closer she checked in with me from time to time. I really appreciate Abby and all that she did for me and my bridesmaids. I'm so happy I found Simply Makeup and Hair LLC- Best hair and makeup for sure!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I absolutely loved my hair and makeup for my wedding. I got married on 5/16/14 and never felt more beautiful! Haley did makeup and Karessa did hair for myself and my 6 bridesmaids and my mom. We were all so happy with both hair and makeup and received so many compliments from wedding guests. Most importantly I felt so gorgeous on my wedding day! Haley and Karessa came to our hotel so we didn't have to go anywhere, they were on-time and super nice. The cost was very reasonable and totally worth it! I felt so comfortable with them both and they knew exactly what they were doing. Thank you both so much for making me look and feel beautiful on my wedding day!

• Wedding: 05/16/2014
Ariane
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so impressed with this company! Haley was prompt to answer any and all questions,flexible about time changes on the day of , on time (actually even early!), professional, and amazingly kind and easy to be around. She stayed right on the schedule I had provided for her and provided a stress free and quick service for all the bridesmaids at my brothers wedding...Not to mention she is an amazing makeup artist!! She made everyone feel and look beautiful. I would hands down reccomend Haley and her company simply hair and makeup for anyone getting married !

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These girls were AMAZING, we had two hair and one makeup, and we all could not have been any happier with the finished looks! They were super friendly and would do exactly what you wanted. Very professional and I couldn't of asked for a better group to share my special day with!

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

ALL of the Simply girls are nothing short of amazing. I had an amazing overall experience throughout my whole wedding experience. I am a very picky individual and the girls catered to my every need. I had several trial runs, which a few different girls attended. We tried several different looks and the girls were very patient and suggestive. Haley and Ashley were my on site girls for my actual wedding day and I would highly recommend them both! They were able to provide me with the natural look I was longing for. I had several compliments on my hair and makeup, throughout the entire night. I think my hair and makeup was complimented more than my dress! The girls professionalism and attentiveness were above and beyond my expectations for my special day. The girls will go to extreme measures to make you feel like you're glowing. I was in constant contact with both girls for several weeks before my wedding. Calling, texting, emailing....millions of picture ideas and mind changing. I couldn't imagine having to go through it all again without them!

• Wedding: 04/04/2014
Molly
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough about how wonderful my experience with Simply Makeup & Hair was - from our trial with Christina to the day of, she was flexible, accommodating and professional when it came to the work to be done - while also being super friendly and outgoing. Both my trial and day-of hair and make-up were GORGEOUS. She also completed my MOB and MOH hair and makeup, MOG make-up and niece's hair. When that was all done, we had enough time to spare, that she also did my best friend's hair!!! Which was an awesome gift for me to give - since Nina (best friend) was spending most of her morning helping me!
I would recommend them for any occasion that calls for special attention to hair &/or make-up.

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Paige and Amber are awesome! It was such a joy having them for my wedding. They made us feel relaxed and comfortable. Everyone looked absolutely beautiful and we received so many compliments. I have already been telling all my friends about this company, they are amazing!

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
MrsT
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Stephanie and Jamie from SimplyMakeup were just so wonderful to work with! They made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day! And all my bridesmaids loved their hair and makeup as well! They both are so talented in what they do. I showed each of them a picture of how I wanted my makeup and hair to look and they exceeded my expectations! Love them both!

• Wedding: 01/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved my hair and makeup on my wedding day. I felt the way every bride should feel, beautiful! Mandy and Emily were awesome! Such fun girls to work with. They fit right in with all of us crazy girls! :)

• Wedding: 01/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great experience, exceeded expectation. Sara was fantastic with my hair and makeup.

• Wedding: 12/31/2013