Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely amazing! We worked with Megan the whole time and she is just fantastic. Quick to reply to any questions, super-organized, and very flexible. She worked with us to give us what we wanted and had many great suggestions herself. The reception servers had great attitudes, always smiling. For me, the food is an integral part of a wedding and the Sheraton definitely delivered. I highly recommend the lemon sorbet intermezzo! The Sheraton also worked great with the other vendors I brought in. An extra perk is that the Sheraton only hosts one event at a time, so you're guaranteed to get all the attention and support you need. Too bad I only get to do this once in a lifetime!

• Wedding: 04/30/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The staff at the Sheraton is AMAZING! We had our wedding reception there on Oct. 22nd and it could not have been more perfect! The professionalism and friendliness that each person portrayed was outstanding. I wanted to take a moment and personally point out some amazing individuals that made the whole wedding experience so wonderful!

Megan (wedding coordinator/catering): She was my rock in the whole planning process. Her attention to detail, quick responses to emails (even late a night!), guidance, etc., made the process so fun and enjoyable. I would actually do it all over again! I got to know Megan so well during this time and will definitely be sending her weekly emails to keep in touch with her. She is an amazing coordinator and I would recommend her to everyone! Love her!

Tara (Sales): Awesome!!! She was my fill in when Megan was not available and does an amazing job! She also kept me sane through the whole process. She manages an excellent team!

Ali (Basil): He was there helping out on the 22nd and then right back in Basil for breakfast in the morning with a big smile. He was so courteous and very helpful.

Lisa (Front Desk): Even though Lisa was not familiar with me, she greeted me by name when we were checking out and said congratulations to us. That is excellent customer service! She was very pleasant as well.

Lenora was in our bridal suite. She was great! I asked for some Pinot Grigio and within minutes, Ali was bringing it up for us. She was very accommodating and so friendly.

Gloria: Oh Gloria, what a pistol that woman is! She was on the dance floor with one of our guests and he was having a ball with her. Much to our surprise Gloria was working in Basil's the next morning too! All bright eyed and bushy tailed! She was so excited to see us for breakfast and of course Henry was ecstatic to see her. She is excellent!

Pete, Liz, James, Doresa, Courtney, and other names I am sure I accidentally left out made the cocktail hour and dinner go so smoothly and perfect. The whole entire night was such a success! Our family and friends are still calling us to tell us how excellent the food and service was. I can't wait to come back to Delaware and come have dinner at Basil!

I have to admit, as I sit here and write this review, I am missing my experience with the Sheraton so much. It was so much fun, I am sad it is over. It really was the most amazing wedding reception I have ever been to, of course I am a little biased since it was my reception hehehe!

Highly highly highly recommend the Sheraton Suites Wilmington for wedding receptions! Best.Wedding.Ever.

• Wedding: 10/22/2010
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a great wedding experience with the Sheraton Suites Wilmington. We chose this location for several reasons. We loved the downtown location and free parking for our reception guests was a priority. After we saw the modern decor of the hotel lobby, the newly renovated ballroom and the amazing Club Level Lounge for our bridal party cocktail hour, no other venue could hold our interest.

Our experience with Megan and Tara exceeded our expectations. From the pre-wedding planning to the reception itself, Megan, Tara and their staff were always responsive, professional, and attentive. All of our needs and wants were fulfilled. We were able to personalize every detail of our wedding, including the linens, signature drink, and ballroom layout. We were even able to plan an After Party in the lobby bar where our guests continued to party the night away. One of our favorite experiences was the menu tasting. We had a private tasting with our mothers to select our reception menu where Megan and the chef were there to answer all of our questions. Such a personal tasting experience is very rare!

We confidently recommend the Sheraton Suites Wilmington to anyone looking for an exceptional wedding venue!

• Wedding: 08/21/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I chose this hotel for its location and easy access to major highways for our many out of town travelers. From the moment we met with the hotel's wedding coordinator until the days after the wedding, she was extremely helpful and organized for every part of the ceremony and reception. Her response time was excellent and I always felt reassured with any concerns I had. The entire staff was respectful, helpful, and extremely professional in every step.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a way to ease the stress of planning a wedding reception since the entire staff was gracious and helpful. The prices were extremely fair and negotiable and the quality was excellent!

• Wedding: 06/26/2010
302-654-8300
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards