Shane Godfrey Photography
176 Summer Street
Somerville, MA 02143  | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture...
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Shane was wonderful to work with, and most importantly, his photographs are amazing. He did my daughter's engagement photos and they were beautiful. On the wedding day, he managed to capture every special moment while staying in the background. He has a very nice demeanor, which was also helpful to reduce stress and just added a very nice element to the day. He turned the photos around in about two weeks, which is amazing for photography. His photos are beautiful. I highly, highly recommend Shane.
Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Shane (and Meg!) were outstanding for our wedding on October 4th! Shane shot our engagement photos in February and we loved them, making us even more excited for our wedding pictures. Shane and Meg made our wedding day absolutely flawless, all of the pictures we have seen have been STUNNING thus far!

Shane is such a talented photographer and what I love the best about the way he works is that he is always there, but never in the way -- not an easy task. :) Shane and Meg are both true professionals and you will be thrilled to work with them! We can't wait to work with them again in the future!
Wedding: 10/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We live in Los Angeles but were getting married in Boston so I had to really rely heavily on samples of work for almost every vendor. Shane's website and pictures really stood out over all the others. His style is so beautiful and he captures moments and details in a way I didn't see on other sites.He responded so quickly and made it very easy to start the process of booking him from so far away. He is very detail oriented and makes it so you don't have to worry about him and his partner on the day of at all. He gets all the info he needs so that on your day he doesn't have to ask you any questions. His partner was also so amazing and she captured things from angles you wouldn't even think of. Along with pictures from the entire day, she took pictures of the guys all getting ready and going to the church that came out so beautifully.
One of the most important things to me was having someone who actually knew what they were doing and could do it quickly. I've been working in the modeling and entertainment industry in Los Angeles for over 9 years and it's really obvious who is an actual photographer and who just went out and bought a nice camera and decided to shoot to make some money. I've been to so many weddings where the photographer is constantly having to adjust the camera and re check their light etc. to a point where you start to wonder how long they've been shooting professionally. The minute you meet Shane and he starts shooting, there's not a doubt that he knows exactly what he's doing. He organized the group and family photos so fast and the result was amazing. The rest of the time you hardly know he's there. The candid pictures are like a surprise because you didn't know they were being taken. I can't say enough about what a pleasure it was to have him and his partner shoot the most important day of our lives together. He goes beyond your expectations
Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you are looking for a all around amazing photographer, you should work with Shane. He is extremely easy to work with pre wedding and has so many good suggestions that as a novice to wedding planning, came in so handy to me. On our wedding day he made taking all of our family photos and wedding party photos seem so easy and so quick without forgoing quality! Now that I have received the final product, I couldnt be any happier with the pictures. He not only captured all of the important moments of our wedding but all the tiny wedding details that were so important (not to mention time consuming) to my husband and I to have displayed at the wedding. I would recommend Shane to all my friends and family to use for their wedding day.
Wedding: 08/03/2013

Private User 7 Reviews
Shane was the epitome of easy to work with, from his obvious and impressive knowledge about all things wedding (including makeup names and brands, and how to remove a window valence for pictures) to capturing all of the perfect shots we wanted, and those we didn't even know we wanted. I always felt comfortable and happy when Shane was shooting our photos, never nervous or forced. In fact,most the time I found myself laughing and relaxed as Shane just snapped away! The result is that our pictures look like they belong in a movie or high-fashion magazine...they are absolutely stunning! Most the time I didn't even know Shane was there - he was a complete chameleon. When he had to organize group shots he was sweet and efficient about it. Shane captured both the elegance and the fun spirit of our wedding perfectly. I wish I could better put into words how wonderful he is, and how amazing his work product is. The best advice I had received in choosing a photographer was to pick someone you feel comfortable with, and who you would like to have as a guest at your wedding. Shane was these things and more. I highly recommend Shane - both as a person and as a photographer.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you have the chance to book Shane for your wedding and don’t, you are making a mistake. The pictures he took of my wedding are absolutely amazing. I have received so many compliments and many people were surprised at how high quality all of the pictures are. He got all of my “must have pictures” and caught so many details of my wedding that I did not even notice myself. I could not be happier with the pictures (and I am a perfectionist).

Just as important, Shane is incredibly easy to work with. I am generally a high stress person but he totally put me at ease. He did everything from showing me how to walk in my wedding dress to doing up the buttons on my dress when my bridesmaids were having a hard time! Shane literally does everything. He was also super fast on posting my pictures, we were married Saturday and he had them up on Wednesday evening. A lot of my married friends were astonished at how fast the pictures were available. I cannot recommend him enough!
Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From our first Skype conversation with Shane, we had a great feeling about him. We were planning from across the country and he was more than accommodating about scheduling times to talk that would work for us. He answered our many, many questions patiently and was extremely knowledgeable and professional. It was so helpful to be able to communicate with Shane by email and I was completely confident going into our wedding day that everything related to our photography would go smoothly.

From the moment Shane arrived at the hotel on our wedding day, I was beyond impressed. His attention to detail - from trimming loose threads on dresses, to giving my bridesmaids a quick tutorial on how to hold their flowers - was exceptional. The girls also had a great time with him and were talking for weeks after the wedding about how much fun they had with the photos. In addition to all of this, he still managed to keep everything running on time and everyone where they were supposed to be. Shane had a seemingly magical way of making everything just flow and was never at all intrusive (as I know some wedding photographers can be).

Now the photos themselves, of course we expected to be amazing, but they honestly went above and beyond our highest expectations. From the first glimpse we had on the digital screen on one of Shane's cameras, we could tell they were going to be AWESOME. When the digital versions were available online just 10 DAYS after our wedding, we were blown away. Since receiving our photos, I have had countess friends, co-workers, friends of friends,...random people ask me about our photographer. It's no wonder he books up so quickly! We would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for gorgeous wedding photos by a photographer who is fantastic to work with!
Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Shane was absolutely wonderful to work with. When we met up with him for the first time, he answered all our questions before we even asked them. My husband was conserned that a photographer would be bossy, conspicuous, and slow. On the day of, we didn't even notice Shane was there, the formals went so quickly, and Shane was so easy going and delightful. The photography was something that we wanted to invest in because it's the one thing that lasts, and the pictures we got back make the wedding look even better than it looked in real life!
Wedding: 02/03/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0

Working with Shane was an absolute pleasure. He is professional, creative and fun. My husband and I met with him for the first time the week before the weeding and immediately knew we had found someone special. His approach to the day is unique; it isn't about a set time but ensuring your special day is captured, no matter how long it takes. His pictures are natural, creative and absolutely beautiful. We were blown away by his skill and how he captured some of the most important moments of the day.

We cannot say enough great things about Shane. Having the opportunity to work with someone of his skill and abilities is a true privilege.
Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I want to preface this with saying that there is 100% not enough room here to write all of the wonderful things that I have to say about Shane Godfrey Photography! When my now husband and I started looking at possible wedding photographers for our wedding, we were understandably worried about finding the perfect photographer for our event. So many of the photographers that we looked at just didn't capture pictures that really spoke to us and what we wanted captured on our Big Day. But then we found Shane on The Knot and fell in love with his work. Not only does Shane do absolutely incredible work but he is also such a wonderful person. My now husband and I met with him in advance and he immediately put us at ease about our decision. He is an extremely gifted and talented photographer and yet he also takes your opinions and what you would like photographed 100% into account without having to ask twice. It was as simple as giving him a list of desired pictures and we literally got a picture of everything that we asked for and so much more. When Shane and his assistant got to our home that day to take getting ready pictures it was such a natural process, and while people can be funny about posing for pictures they made us feel like we were old pro's. They were extremely fun to deal with and kept the atmosphere light and enjoyable. Even though we had multiple stops that we wanted to make for different photograph locations, nothing was a problem. Shane and his assistant literally worked all day taking photos and they are all incredible. We literally love every single one of them. The photography that they delivered, the value that they gave us, and the experience combined, cannot be duplicated. We did sooooo much research about wedding photography that I know for a fact we really lucked out hiring Shane. Even our guests have not stopped raving about the photographers at our wedding, how much fun they were, and how easy they were to work with!!
Wedding: 10/05/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were very happy with Shane's work. The pictures were wonderful! The candid shots were fun to choose because he captured many special moments. He was such a pleasure to work with - relaxed, responsive, and friendly. He listened to what we wanted and followed through on it. On the day of our wedding his way of interacting with people calmed nerves and put people at ease. It's obvious that he loves photography! We highly recommended him.
Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Shane did both our wedding and engagement photos. He did such a fabulous job capturing all the little moments that, as a bride, I would have otherwise missed. He and his partner were very professional, friendly and honestly, half the time I had no idea they were even there! I was so surprised by some of the ceremony pictures because they were both very discrete and allowed the moments to happen and be natural. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for beautiful pictures of their big day! He organized us wonderfully and photographed everyone and everything that we asked. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. We love every single picture that was taken from our engagement photos, our getting ready pictures, formal pictures and candid images. Great work and very friendly!
Wedding: 08/18/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Shane was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We hired him from a distance-- we were planning our Berkshires wedding from San Francisco-- but from our first Skype call it was clear that he was the right guy for us. He's totally down-to-earth and straightforward; you get no wedding upsell with him. Because we lived so far away, we didn't get to meet him and Meg until the day of the wedding, but immediately felt like he was a friend. He blended right in with our guests and was admirably calm and reassuring when we had torrential thunderstorms and a tornado warning! He is very socially fluid and seemed to know just how to interact with everyone from my parents and grandparents to my girlfriends while we were all getting dressed to the other vendors.

We wanted to prioritize photos that captured the spontaneous moments of the day over formal portraits and he did just that. To our suprise and delight, his photos got our wedding featured on Style Me Pretty! http://www.stylemepretty.com/massachusetts-weddings/2013/08/19/the-darrow-school-wedding-from-shane-godfrey-photography/

Photos really are what you have left when it is all over and we've loved coming back to these gorgeous photos again and again to relive moments of that wonderful day. Shane is the best-- call him now!
Wedding: 08/11/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I can't write enough kind words about Shane Godfrey! We were married July 22, 2012 and Shane captured every special moment of our wedding. He is one of the most talented photographers I've come across and we are so happy/excited to have had him shoot our wedding. On top of taking the most beautiful pictures and being so talented; he is one of the nicest vendors to work with. He's very laid back and makes taking pictures a breeze on your wedding day. He lets the moment happen and doesn't force you to be something you are not. Shane's work will leave you breathless and is very reasonably priced. You will love working with him and the day you get to look back at all your wedding pictures is truly magical! I recommend Shane Godfrey Photography to all future brides! He's simply the best!
Wedding: 07/22/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Shane came recommended to my husband and I from a photographer friend and he did not disappoint. We hired him as our wedding photographer and his professionalism and attention to detail are second to none. He has a great eye, devotes the day to you, and is unobtrusive while still getting those intimate shots that really make remembering that day special. His website for viewing pictures afterwards in very easy to use and he has a variety of options for albums of prints. His rate is very reasonable, especially given that he devotes the day to your event; with us, he and his assistant Meg, were with us from getting ready into the reception, cutting the cake, etc.

I absolutely 100% recommend Shane for your special day, he was awesome!
Wedding: 07/15/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I don't think I realized how important the choice of photographer was until I spent my day with Shane and Meg. From the moment they stepped into my bridal suite I knew I had made the right choice. While Meg went to take shots of my soon to be husband getting ready, Shane started capturing the beginning of many detailed shots that documented this important day. He immediately put me at ease as he unobtrusively snapped away as the finishing touches were being put on our hair and make up. I don't want to bore you, so I am not going to detail the entire day. All you need to know is that we never stood around waiting for Shane to get the shot. His efficiency helped our day move along smoothly. He guided us to take traditional shots with the family, and then stunning unexpected shots of Andrew and I. The candid shots he took are full of life and movement, capturing not only the moments but the feelings behind them. He was easy going, receptive to our ideas, and even managed to wrangle 50+ members of my Mom's family for a family portrait during the reception. I am not only thrilled with the 1,000+ pictures I received online, but the promptness with which they were delivered. His shots are breathtaking, but his involvement in our day was even more important. Not only did he know the perfect backdrops for photos, but he can also crack a hilarious joke and help your bridesmaids figure out that bustle. You literally spend all day with your photographer and trust me when I say you want to spend it with Shane.
Wedding: 06/30/2012
 617-903-7074
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire