Shane Godfrey Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My wife and I simply couldn't recommend Shane any more highly! From the moment we first met him, we knew that he (and Meg!) were the right people for us. Shane made it feel like we just had two more friends at our wedding who happened to be amazing photographers. Shane also did our engagement photos, which came out amazing (and even ended up in the NY Times with our wedding announcement!)

We're definitely recommending Shane and Meg to all of our friends getting married in the Boston area (in fact, we first met them at a friend's wedding). Book them early, because I don't think they are going to have much availability.

Private User
Recently Married

Our wedding photos came out beautifully! I highly recommend Shane Godfrey. He is very a skilled and talent photographer and knew how to capture the light and use different angles to get great shots. He made me feel comfortable on the wedding day and he accommodated our many requests, including a large family group shot. The turnaround time on the photos was great too. Thanks Shane!

Services Used: Photography

Shane was a joy to work with! He and his team were timely, professional but also seemed to enjoy their jobs and be able to have fun. My husband and I aren't very serious so we appreciated that they had fun with the photography. Shane was attentive without being intrusive and completely understood our vision and preferences. His prices were very reasonable and the turnaround on the photos was exactly 2 weeks which was pretty amazing (especially considering how many different family photos we had!). Thanks to Shane, highly recommend!

Services Used: Photography

Shane is wonderful. He took tons of amazing photos and was a joy to work with. He truly captured our day and is a true wedding expert. I would strongly recommend him. Worth every penny!

Services Used: Photography

Shane Godfrey was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Really. I interviewed a bunch of photographers (my husband was ready to kill me), and fully looked through not just their blog photos but full sets of wedding photos and was blown away by Shane's work. When first looking I was having serious anxiety because this is such a huge decision as it's all you are left with at the end of the day. Most others had really good photos they used for their show photos or blog, but all the rest left much to be desired. During our first meeting, my husband and I asked the standard questions, but one of his answers sticks out in my head. I asked, how many photos he edits. He said he mainly does color correction and some lighting editing but that's really it. I asked if he would be willing to do more if we requested and he said sure, but he doesn't usually ever have to because he went to school for photography and knows how to use lighting and camera settings to capture the best photos that don't need much editing.

I typically never like many photos of myself - I'm always doing awkward movements, but I can honestly say out of 800+ photos there is not one that I do not absolutely love. He captured every moment of our wedding so beautiful and I have received so many comments from people about how amazing the photos are. He and Meg are also so easy to work with, and not intrusive at all, and actually I completely even forgot they were there and didn't notice them at all. At the end of the night, I was actually nervous thinking they didn't get any photos of me because I didn't see them all night. That was not the case, they got every single moment. He kept everything moving along and made sure we stayed on time and did not run late.The only issue with them is I have too many amazing photos to choose from and not enough space in a photo album.

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

My husband and I were so happy to have Shane photograph our December wedding. We knew Shane's work from my brother's wedding 2 years prior and after doing some research, we knew we had to book him. Shane was completely accommodating of our busy work schedule's leading up to our wedding. The day of, Shane made us feel relaxed, which resulted in beautiful pictures. We are so happy we went with Shane!

Services Used: Photography

Shane is the best. He was the perfect photographer for our wedding. He was so easy to work with, laid back, very knowledgeable, with helpful suggestions but more than willing to go with the requests I had. Him and his second shooter Meg captured every shot, put everyone at ease, and truly captured our wedding day. There were so many photographs of every small detail, even down to the amazing shoes the groom's mother was wearing. I forgot that there were even pictures being taken throughout the evening! Shane also helped calm my nerves and kept the evening moving from moment to moment. The pictures were done and up for guests within a week. We are so happy with the photographs and continue to get compliments from our guests. Truly wonderful.

Services Used: Photography

Working with Shane was amazing. He took both our engagement photos and was also there with us for the entire day of our wedding. From the minute we sat down with him to talk about our day, I knew that he was the photographer we had to go with. Working with Shane was just a great experience. He is easygoing, laid back, got along with everyone and takes amazing photos.

I didn't want the typical posed wedding portraits and with Shane, we got so many unique pictures that I am absolutely in love with. He was extremely flexible and was able to quickly adapt to the circumstances of our extremely raining wedding day and deliver some amazing shots. Everyone has said how much they love our pictures and how unique they are. They were especially impressed with all the amazing candid moments that Shane and his team were able to capture.

I would absolutely recommend Shane to any couple looking for amazing, unique wedding photos. Thank you Shane for everything!

Stephanie
10/12/2014

Shane is an amazing photographer and we were thrilled with both our engagement and wedding photos. He captured our special moments perfectly - from getting ready, the first look, reading our vows and then dancing and partying with our family and friends! We have so many photos that we love, we're having a hard time choosing which ones we want to frame and include in our photo album. Shane and his team were professional, accommodating and knew how to take charge and get the job done so we stuck to schedule and were able to capture all of the shots we wanted. We had a great time working with Shane and are SO happy with our photos. We would highly recommend Shane to anyone looking for a photographer!

Services Used: Photography

We picked Shane for our wedding photography after a LOT of research and desire to have truly unique photos. We didn't want a lot of "posing" photos but wanted more creative, candid photos. We got exactly what we asked for, and more. From the moment Shane arrived at the house where we were getting ready, he was helping with the veil, cracking jokes with my family, and just generally fitting in as part of the party. He was a blast to be around.

Our photos arrived less than 3 weeks later, and are absolutely stunning. My favorite photos are ones that I haven't seen on other wedding websites or pinterest...ever. He is so creative and the fun of our day is expressed in each photo.

All in all, we couldn't have been happier to have chosen Shane to shoot our wedding...he comes HIGHLY recommended!!

Services Used: Photography

Photography was at the top of our list, so it was the first thing we looked into after getting engaged. My husband and I wanted someone who could tell our story and capture the moment- someone who viewed photography as an art and not a job.

Enter Shane Godfrey. From our very first meeting in a small bar in Somerville, we knew Shane was our guy. His laid-back approach combined with the passion he has for his work and extreme knowledge is a winning combination.

Shane has photographed both our engagement and wedding- and his work truly showcases who we are as a couple. We have received tons of compliments from family and friends not just for the pictures but because Shane and Meg are both so easy to work with. They are the type of people you'd want as friends.

We will be using Shane to photograph our growing family for years to come. We highly recommend using Shane Godfrey Photography- they are simply the best.

Minus8
Recently Married

We loved having Shane as our photographer! From the first meeting we felt relaxed with him and confident in his abilities. The pictures he took of us for both our engagement and wedding are amazing. He is professional, always willing to help if you need it, and was such a great addition to our day. Even our guests were commenting on how much they loved him after the wedding was over. He literally got along with everyone and made them feel and look relaxed in front of the camera. Just book him!

Services Used: Photography

Shane was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. It's safe to say I did a LOT of research(/stalking) before we met with Shane before booking him. We knew that he'd be great to have at the wedding after our wonderful (and fun!) engagement photos, but I didn't realize how amazing the photos would actually be! Our wedding was absolutely perfect and Shane conveyed the mood, atmosphere, and experience through still frames...incredible. When we were sent the photos to download (less than two weeks after the wedding), I was so impressed with the various angles and styles. I had no idea Shane and Meg were even around most of the time (but when they were, it was such a happy and fun experience--they were like guests!) It was an extremely humid day (not a bride's favorite way to start a day), but Shane kept us calm, kept the mood light, got strangers out of the way, and got us through the necessary outdoor photos quickly so I could get back to the AC...:) And now to plan more events so I can hire Shane Godfrey Photography once again!

Services Used: Photography

After researching several photographers, a friend of a friend recommended Shane. We immediately loved his style and vision and actually pushed our (tentative) wedding date back a week to select a day he was available. Planning from a distance was a snap, as he was willing to chat over the phone or skype. He also was flexible in meeting us in person before the wedding when we were home in New England for the holidays.

I'm passionate about photography and knew this would be one of the few lasting pieces of our wedding day, which would capture the memories for a lifetime. I fully trusted his artistic vision (thank goodness, the last thing you want to worry about is photography!) and he exceeded our expectations. He is a calming, practical presence (I received a quick, effective lesson in how to walk in a big dress). As the day unfolded, our events progressed more slowly than we had planned, and fortunately Shane stuck around to the end.

We highly recommend him, you'll be very pleased with the results!

Services Used: Photography

Outstanding! It look me a long time to find a photographer I really liked as it seemed everyone around Boston took photos that were stuffy, cheesy and just not what we were going for. I was so happy to find Shane and even happier when we met him. Shane was down to earth, approachable and really easy to be around the day of our wedding. He and his crew managed to capture everything we would have wanted, often without us even realizing they were there.They work quickly too which is great because it allowed us to enjoy so much of the day. We couldn't be happier with our photos (both portraits and candids), they came out beautifully have exactly the "feel" we wanted them to. Shane is incredibly talented and great to have around on your wedding day. We're so happy to have worked with him.

Services Used: Photography

I already knew I wanted to hire Shane the moment I was engaged, because I had gone to photography school with him and knew his work was amazing. My wedding photography was the main concern of mine, being the part that holds the memories and tells the story for years to come. Shane did not let me down one bit, having great communication and being on top of all the photography details. My family and friends have complimented how well Shane and his assistants worked to get great images, while not intruding on the wedding. I would recommend Shane to any couple getting married.