Selective Sound Entertainment

4.7
Flexibility
Andrea
11/29/2014

In all honesty, I could not have picked a better DJ. Jay r was on point all night and ensured that everything ran smoothly. Since our ceremony and reception were in the same room, he did our ceremony music as well. He kept the dance floor moving and was able to play off my guests energy. There was an excellent mix of old songs, new songs, and slow songs.

Jay r ensured he had everybody's name correctly and was even great about changing things last minute - and did it with a smile! He was on point during the entire planning process and throughout the entirety of the night.

Jay r also did our uplighting and photo booth. The photo booth was a big hit and the attendant even makes a scrap book of all the picture strips that were amazing and fun to look through!

We may have gone over our DJ budget, but it was worth every penny!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Our D.J., Jay R from Selective Sound was the perfect DJ for my wedding. The music, up-lighting and center piece pin-lighting he provided created an amazing atmosphere for our wedding reception. THE ONLY REASON OUR WEDDING RECEPTION WAS A HUGE SUCCESS WAS DUE TO JAY R'S GUIDANCE. We got so many compliments from my guests on our DJ. Our videographer asked " did you hire professional dancers, because I never had to videotape a dance floor for so long." Jay R took care of every detail and even checked out the wedding hall room to see what color up-lighting and pin lighting would work best at the reception venue. Jay R and his team worked with us on our music selection and made sure we had the perfect music for our wedding guests. Our pin lights placed in the reception hall were strategically positioned to shine on each of our tall flower arrangements - it looked amazing. I truly believe that Jay R and his team can make your reception hall dreams come true. I highly recommend Jay R. and Selective Sound!

Services Used: DJ

Wow wow wow is all I can say! Jay R and his staff were amazing. They kept the party going all night and made plenty of announcements throughout the night reminding guests of the photo booth, guest signing and every little detail was outstanding!
He also did the microphones at our ceremony and those were great as well. Everyone could hear us, no problem...
I feel like Jay R is Family. He honestly took his time with us and never once was he the center of attention... I will be sure to tell all of my friends how awesome he and the company are!! He made our night very memorable! I truly do have a new friend now!
Thank you Jay R for all of the work you and selective sound put into to making our special night just that much more special!!!
Maria and Dan Buehner

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Mary
10/11/2014

My husband and I highly recommend Selective Sound! Jay R was so nice and easy to work with. We loved our MC, Christian! Everyone knows that a DJ can make or break a wedding and with a 350 person wedding, having a great DJ was even more important. Our dance floor was packed the entire night and everyone had such a blast. I had SO many people who told me that they loved the DJ! They also made an awesome monogram for us and added extra lighting to our venue. You can't go wrong with Selective Sound Entertainment!

Services Used: DJ

We used Selective Sound for our wedding ceremony,reception and photo booth.
Jay R is great and helped us every step of the way.
DJ Rich was able to use the music we wanted for the ceremony and it was amazing.
The reception was perfect and even though we didn't have alot of songs requested
He made sure he played music that fit well with what we did request,and he was able to do the announcements for the speeches and special dances.
Thank you so much Jay R and DJ Rich for making our wedding ceremony and reception
perfect.

Services Used: DJ

Selective Sound was so great to work with. They provided excellent expertise and knowledge that helped our wedding run so smoothly. They were responsive to any questions that we had and were willing to go the extra mile to make sure our wedding was special and needs were being met. They were also very affordable and had a wide variety of services available.

Services Used: DJ

Selective Sound Entertainment was a great vendor to work with for our daughter’s wedding. Our DJ, Tony, kept the reception hoping all night. Our dance floor was filled the entire night and we are still getting compliments on how great the music was! They are a wonderful company to work with and responded to all of our questions and concerns promptly. I would definitely recommend them.

Services Used: DJ

My fiancé, Adam, and I worked with Jay R from selective sound. Not only was he excellent in helping us to plan the flow of our reception, but he had many years of experience at our venue, so he was able to give us sound advice for the day of. Words can not even begin to describe how much fun our reception was! The music selections were excellent and the dance floor was packed the entire night!! Our reception would not have been the same without him and we are so thankful we had him on our team!! I would highly recommend working with Jay R!!

1 Review
Recently Married

Rich and Selective Sound were amazing. We didn't think our group would be big on dancing, and we didn't do a first dance so we were worried that the dancing wouldn't get started, but the dance floor was packed the whole time and everyone had so much fun thanks to Rich's great music selection. Rich and Selective Sound were so great, and we were so happy to work with them! Highly recommended.

Services Used: DJ

DJ Danny was outstanding! It was really important to me that our dance floor wasn't dead, and he really got everybody dancing!!! He used a lot of variety in his music choices, and was really able to read the audience. I am a musician myself, and was very impressed.

Services Used: DJ

Selective Sound went above and beyond for us on our wedding day. Our DJ was DJ Danny. He took the extra time to meet with us and also edited a few songs for our customized intro. We also had a special toast that went perfect as well. He also provided a lot of knowledge of what we should do and not do, but was never against us creating our own flavor. You sometimes get nervous when booking vendors for your big day, but Selective Sound is very professional and we were highly satisfied. They will definitely make your day one to remember.

Thank you again to Jay R, DJ Danny, and the entire staff at Selective Sound for working hard and doing the job right professionaly!

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer

Our DJ was Jay R and he did an absolutely amazing job. Everyone was out on the dance floor the entire night, the song selections were perfect, and the night was one we will never forget! The uplighting in the room was the perfect color and amount and it gave our room such an elegant and romantic look. We had a blast at our wedding and I would recommend Jay R and selective sound to anyone! They will not disappoint!

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Recently Married

Jay was a pleasure to work with. He was energetic, professional and very willing to give his opinions and advice. He kept our guests up and on the dance floor all night (including the older crowd) and always knew when to speed it up or slow it down. He listened to the guests and kept everyone entertained.

As far as the flow of events we didn't even have a second of dead time. He kept it moving and made sure we were where we needed to be so the guests didn't get bored. Great MC and definitely knew what he was doing.

They have several DJs at the company and I'm sure all are great but Jay is simply phenomenal. I have guests telling me my wedding was the best they have ever attended and I know that was in a huge part because of Jay's skill.

Services Used: DJ

We had Rich as our DJ. I cannot say enough great things about Rich and Selective Sounds in General. We had been assigned another DJ in the beginning and we originally did not feel a good connection between us and that DJ and we called JR at Selective Sounds and he took care of it immediately and found Rich for us which we felt very comfortable with. Rich totally understood what we wanted and made sure to walk us through the entire night at least a month before and again the week of the wedding. Being the undecisive bride I was, i made last minute changes and he never was annoyed or bothered. He gave me his cell phone number and was so professional and kind. He made our night AMAZING!!! Everyone was on the dance floor all night long and it was amazing!!!

1+ year ago

Had amazing song suggestions.
accommodated all our requests.
The dance floor was packed from start to finish (honestly) - young, old; fast or slow song.

3.7

They're extremely nice and responsive and listen to your request. Our DJ was too nice and seemed a little insecure in what he was doing. The microphone kept going in and out during speeches, he pronounced names wrong and didn't play the right part of the intro song.