Selective Sound Entertainment

Value
4.7
Flexibility
Recently Married

We are so happy that we picked Selective Sound as a our DJ company. Brian was a pleasure to work with, kept our wedding on track and incredibly organized. The dance floor was full all night, he played all of the songs on our "must" list, and he was awesome at announcing our wedding party. I would defiantly recommend Selective Sound, and Brian, to any one planning a wedding!

1 Review
Recently Married

We loved Selective Sound and they truly made our big day magical. Honestly Selective Sound was our favorite vendor throughout the wedding planning process. JayR is both accommodating and responsive. He bent over backwards to answer our questions and work with our other vendors. Our wedding day was a hit with the DJ, UpLighting, Photobooth and Confetti. Our guests never stopped dancing. We highly recommend Selective Sound to anyone and everyone!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

I really can't say enough about the service provided by JayR and the Selective Sound family. Our wedding required 16 different vendors and we can say without a doubt that SSE was the most responsive, flexible and understanding vendor on our list. The team at SSE really took the extra time to fully understand the type of wedding we were trying to have and they did a great job of both respecting our wishes and add their creative recommendations as well. I would recommend the SSE team to anyone looking for lighting and DJ for any celebration in NE Ohio.

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Selective Sound was great to work with. Jay R is VERY responsive and so easy to work with. I used the DJ services as well as uplighting. Our DJ was Christian - I loved him! He was very personable and professional. He made me laugh and made me feel comfortable. I trusted him, and I trusted he knew what my guests wanted to hear to have fun. He kept the party going and everyone enjoyed themselves! I don't have one complaint. The uplights were perfect and beautiful as well. I would recommend Selective Sound to everyone I know! It was a very enjoyable experience working with SS, and I can't thank them enough for making my wedding day perfect!

Andrea
11/29/2014

In all honesty, I could not have picked a better DJ. Jay r was on point all night and ensured that everything ran smoothly. Since our ceremony and reception were in the same room, he did our ceremony music as well. He kept the dance floor moving and was able to play off my guests energy. There was an excellent mix of old songs, new songs, and slow songs.

Jay r ensured he had everybody's name correctly and was even great about changing things last minute - and did it with a smile! He was on point during the entire planning process and throughout the entirety of the night.

Jay r also did our uplighting and photo booth. The photo booth was a big hit and the attendant even makes a scrap book of all the picture strips that were amazing and fun to look through!

We may have gone over our DJ budget, but it was worth every penny!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Our D.J., Jay R from Selective Sound was the perfect DJ for my wedding. The music, up-lighting and center piece pin-lighting he provided created an amazing atmosphere for our wedding reception. THE ONLY REASON OUR WEDDING RECEPTION WAS A HUGE SUCCESS WAS DUE TO JAY R'S GUIDANCE. We got so many compliments from my guests on our DJ. Our videographer asked " did you hire professional dancers, because I never had to videotape a dance floor for so long." Jay R took care of every detail and even checked out the wedding hall room to see what color up-lighting and pin lighting would work best at the reception venue. Jay R and his team worked with us on our music selection and made sure we had the perfect music for our wedding guests. Our pin lights placed in the reception hall were strategically positioned to shine on each of our tall flower arrangements - it looked amazing. I truly believe that Jay R and his team can make your reception hall dreams come true. I highly recommend Jay R. and Selective Sound!

Services Used: DJ

Wow wow wow is all I can say! Jay R and his staff were amazing. They kept the party going all night and made plenty of announcements throughout the night reminding guests of the photo booth, guest signing and every little detail was outstanding!
He also did the microphones at our ceremony and those were great as well. Everyone could hear us, no problem...
I feel like Jay R is Family. He honestly took his time with us and never once was he the center of attention... I will be sure to tell all of my friends how awesome he and the company are!! He made our night very memorable! I truly do have a new friend now!
Thank you Jay R for all of the work you and selective sound put into to making our special night just that much more special!!!
Maria and Dan Buehner

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

DJ Brian killed it at our wedding. They were very professional and their online planning tools were very helpful.

Mary
10/11/2014

My husband and I highly recommend Selective Sound! Jay R was so nice and easy to work with. We loved our MC, Christian! Everyone knows that a DJ can make or break a wedding and with a 350 person wedding, having a great DJ was even more important. Our dance floor was packed the entire night and everyone had such a blast. I had SO many people who told me that they loved the DJ! They also made an awesome monogram for us and added extra lighting to our venue. You can't go wrong with Selective Sound Entertainment!

Services Used: DJ

We used Selective Sound for our wedding ceremony,reception and photo booth.
Jay R is great and helped us every step of the way.
DJ Rich was able to use the music we wanted for the ceremony and it was amazing.
The reception was perfect and even though we didn't have alot of songs requested
He made sure he played music that fit well with what we did request,and he was able to do the announcements for the speeches and special dances.
Thank you so much Jay R and DJ Rich for making our wedding ceremony and reception
perfect.

Services Used: DJ

Selective Sound was so great to work with. They provided excellent expertise and knowledge that helped our wedding run so smoothly. They were responsive to any questions that we had and were willing to go the extra mile to make sure our wedding was special and needs were being met. They were also very affordable and had a wide variety of services available.

Services Used: DJ

Selective Sound Entertainment was a great vendor to work with for our daughter’s wedding. Our DJ, Tony, kept the reception hoping all night. Our dance floor was filled the entire night and we are still getting compliments on how great the music was! They are a wonderful company to work with and responded to all of our questions and concerns promptly. I would definitely recommend them.

Services Used: DJ

My fiancé, Adam, and I worked with Jay R from selective sound. Not only was he excellent in helping us to plan the flow of our reception, but he had many years of experience at our venue, so he was able to give us sound advice for the day of. Words can not even begin to describe how much fun our reception was! The music selections were excellent and the dance floor was packed the entire night!! Our reception would not have been the same without him and we are so thankful we had him on our team!! I would highly recommend working with Jay R!!

1 Review
1+ year ago

Rich and Selective Sound were amazing. We didn't think our group would be big on dancing, and we didn't do a first dance so we were worried that the dancing wouldn't get started, but the dance floor was packed the whole time and everyone had so much fun thanks to Rich's great music selection. Rich and Selective Sound were so great, and we were so happy to work with them! Highly recommended.

Services Used: DJ

DJ Danny was outstanding! It was really important to me that our dance floor wasn't dead, and he really got everybody dancing!!! He used a lot of variety in his music choices, and was really able to read the audience. I am a musician myself, and was very impressed.

Services Used: DJ

Selective Sound went above and beyond for us on our wedding day. Our DJ was DJ Danny. He took the extra time to meet with us and also edited a few songs for our customized intro. We also had a special toast that went perfect as well. He also provided a lot of knowledge of what we should do and not do, but was never against us creating our own flavor. You sometimes get nervous when booking vendors for your big day, but Selective Sound is very professional and we were highly satisfied. They will definitely make your day one to remember.

Thank you again to Jay R, DJ Danny, and the entire staff at Selective Sound for working hard and doing the job right professionaly!

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer