Sarah Tew Photography

Value
Flexibility
1 Review
[Private]

I was just the Maid of Honor but I definitely loved Sarah style, her pictures are gorgeous and she was always there but never felt that way. My bride was ecstatic and I always refer her to any bride I know. When I get married I hope she's has availability for me!

Services Used: Photography

Sarah is such a talented photographer and such a pleasure to work with. After an engagement photo shoot in Central Park, my husband and I were extremely comfortable with her and knew we loved her work. The day of our wedding, Sarah arrived and was so easygoing, yet she seemed to be everywhere, getting pictures of every little special moment. She truly cares and her work and about the couples who she photographs. Even my husband told his groomsmen not to worry because Sarah would give them all little hints to make sure they look perfect... which she did for everyone! Not to mention how quickly she works... we woke up the morning after our wedding and Sarah had already posted a "sneak peak" of our photos on Facebook! She is truly one of a kind!!

Services Used: Photography

I would recommend Sarah to anyone. She was worth every penny for my June 2015 wedding. From the moment I met her, my husband and I were impressed by her composure, professionalism and unique style. When we signed the initial contract, we felt confident that she would not only produce fabulous photos but also maintain an unobtrusive presence during such a hectic day.

We were absolutely correct with our initial assessment of Sarah. She was incredibly responsive during the planning process. I never had a single doubt about her abilities. During our engagement photos, she got us comfortable with posing for pictures and turned around the files with record speed, happily obliging to any requests we had to enhance or print the photos.

During the wedding, she was in control while managing a very large wedding party and family. She made sure that she got pictures of everything we wanted, which is a huge advantage on such a busy day.

Sarah quickly turned around a preview of pictures that night and then sent us more and more while we were on our honeymoon. Shortly after we returned, we had the full disc of files and a few extra goodies waiting for us.

If I could give Sarah 6 stars, I would. When I have the next occasion for photos, I would hire her again without question.

Recently Married

Sarah Tew was the best investment we made for our special day. Her eye for the small, yet beautiful details, is amazing. She is extremely thoughtful, intuitive and thorough. Sarah partners with you to create a detailed timeline so that you can be sure all the photos you want are taken.

Our wedding (and engagement photos) were amazing. We have gotten tons and tons of compliments. My sister-in-law even ordered her family holiday photo card with two of Sarah's photos!

We are so glad we chose Sarah Tew to capture our wedding day!

1 Review
Recently Married

I am not big on reviews or testimonials but since I have the utmost respect for Sarah and her staff, I have decided to write. We were looking at several other photographers for our wedding - all who came highly recommended - but it was a chance meeting at a party that led us to Sarah Tew Photography. Someone there had used Sarah at her wedding and she showed me a beautiful, artistic photo (I'll say edgy too because it shot in the rain). I was sold. Sarah has a great creative vision. Our experience could not have been more terrific, she commands respect and although it can sometimes be difficult to get everyone in place for family photos, party photos, etc., she does it with grace and ease. Do not hesitate - CALL her!

Services Used: Photography

Sarah Tew is an absolutely amazing photographer, and I highly recommend her work! I found her after spending hours browsing listings from NY Times Wedding Magazine, bookmarking, and sorting photos that caught my eye. After selecting a few photographers to contact, Sarah responded almost instantaneously, and we arranged a time to meet. From the moment we met in her Queens studio, she made me and my husband feel extremely comfortable, made us laugh, and appeared genuinely interested in our story and therefore in her work. Unlike other wedding photographers we met with, she loves photographing weddings, and her love shines through in each outstanding photograph captured. She was able to tailor her wedding packages to fit our particular needs, forgoing some of the add-ons in exchange for an engagement photo shoot in Boston (and the photos came out magical). We worked directly with Sarah the entire time. She was a pleasure to work with, extremely professional and flexible. She did things I didn't even think a photographer would do such as help to create a wedding day timeline and provide valuable suggestions for what to wear during engagement photos. She posted a sneak peak Facebook album the day after the wedding, which was something I didn’t even realize was important but it was. Our photos were edited after the wedding in lightning speed (and to perfection), and she even sent us little surprise photo gifts. Obviously, you get the idea, Sarah is amazing and I wouldn’t look any further. I never even write reviews but for Sarah I had to. She documented our fairytale wedding and we could not be happier with the results. Any time I need photos in the future, Sarah will be taking the pictures (as long as she isn’t already booked)!

Services Used: Photography

If you want to immortalize your wedding day forever with great pictures, Sarah Tew is your girl. Our relationship began when we did our engagement photos about a year prior to the wedding day. We got to know Sarah and quickly learned she was laid back and fun as she made us feel very comfortable during a photo session that we both felt a little awkward about. We had a blast and it got us genuinely excited to snap shots the day of the wedding.

Leading up to the wedding, Sarah provides you the opportunity to tell you exactly which pictures are "must haves." So you can list out different combinations of family members and friends that you feel you absolutely need to have. Its great heading into the day knowing that she and her staff know exactly what you want to come away with.

On the day of the wedding, Sarah and her crew are so unobtrusive. To this day I still look at some pictures from the dance floor and think "I didnt even realize there was a photographer there." Somehow, they captured every single big moment at the church and every action moment at the reception without ever intruding.

Just days after the wedding, Sarah released some "sneak peek" photos on facebook, and within about a week she had a blog post up. She summarized our wedding day, provided about 20-25 of the best pics, and a video slide show. While on the honeymoon we'd check in on facebook and her sight and see all of our family and friends commenting, liking, sharing, and reliving the whole day. I'd imagine ordinarily there's a bit of a let down when the wedding day is finally over, but thanks to Sarah's beautiful and timely work, we were still enjoying that wedding high weeks after it ended.

The best testament I can give to Sarah's photography is that you can truly convey how awesome your wedding was through her pictures. You can truly feel how much fun the day was and how beautiful everything came out just by looking at her album.

Gina
09/27/2014

Sarah Tew is a must book for any wedding! My husband and I booked Sarah after seeing some of the work she did at our wedding venue - The Roundhouse at Beacon Falls. We instantly clicked with her from the moment we met and she was even willing to travel out to Montauk to capture our engagement photos, the location were my husband and I met. Sarah puts so much love, thought, and detail into every client she works with. She is unbelievably talented and so professional. She works hard to capture every moment of the wedding and no one will ever even know she is there. Her creativity and resilience allows her to capture the most perfect and meaningful photographs. We love that she took staged photos, but the way she captures real moments and interactions is the true treasure. Our favorite photos were the ones of small moments that captured so much emotion. We highly recommend Sarah and looking forward to working with her to capture future life milestones.

Miimii
Recently Married

Sarah is the most pleasant person to work with. She is so professional, fast and her work is so amazing. She arrived a little earlier than planned and I didn't even notice she went right to work . I barely even noticed she was there and once I saw all her photos I was surprised at some of the shots she had caught. Very personal and candid but so pretty i love all my wedding photos and so does my family. She is super sweet and her little extra touches really make the difference and she makes you feel so special. I would recommend her to absolutely everyone. in three words: she is incredible.

Services Used: Photography

Sarah photographed our wedding for us in August 2014. We couldn't have been happier with her, or the photos.

We live in Australia and so did most of our planning remotely. We met with Sarah once before the wedding in person and she just made us feel so confident and comfortable choosing her as our photographer. She was responsive via email throughout the lead-up to the wedding and since. The photographs were simply amazing, all of our friends and family have been raving about them and we are thrilled.

Services Used: Photography

Sarah was amazing to work with. She shot my Tarrytown Wedding this summer and I couldn't be happier. The day of our wedding she showed up early to scope out first look locations. She found beauty in the most odd locations - She actually had me jumping in a bouncy castle in my wedding dress. She captured every moment and feeling throughout the entire day/evening.

Services Used: Photography

Sarah was a fantastic photographer for our wedding--the photographs were beautiful, she did a flawless job organizing and scheduling everything (we didn't miss a minute of our cocktail hour!), and her prices are superb given the level of service and attention she provides. Unlike a lot of photographers we considered, Sarah doesn't nickel and dime you to death, either for day-of services or after the fact (for prints, digital copies, and the like). We cannot recommend Sarah highly enough!

Services Used: Photography

Sarah is the absolute BEST wedding photographer around. She is smart, flexible, and really easy to work with. She is extremely responsive and is so on top of everything. Picking her was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. The pictures came out perfectly and she has such an eye for interesting and beautiful shots. Anyone considering Sarah should hire her. You won't be disappointed and she is worth every penny.

Laura
05/03/2014

When my fiance and I got engaged and began looking for a photographer for our wedding, we assumed all "good" photographers would deliver a similar product, but when we saw Sarah's previous work we realized we were wrong - her work and demeanor stood out to us above the rest. From our engagement shoots to the wedding and post-wedding processing, we have been impressed and delighted with the quality of Sarah's work, her professionalism and her friendliness. Sarah and her assistant managed to capture all of the special big and little moments of our wedding, while blending in seamlessly with the crowd. It was like they were in 10 places at once! After the wedding I was so excited to see the photos but assumed it would take a while... so when I woke up the morning after the wedding to a sneak peak of 10 awesome shots that she'd sent over at 5:30am, I was really impressed. And we got the rest of the photos so quickly! Sarah was fun to work with, and the value we got for what we paid exceeded my expectations. I will definitely go to Sarah for other major life milestones that we want captured in photo.

Services Used: Photography

Words cannot express our wonderful experience working with Sarah. My wife and I are thrilled we choose Sarah to photograph our wedding. Everyone who has seen our engagement photos and/or the wedding photos cannot stop raving about how great Sarah captured our special day. She is a true artist which is why we choose her. We didn’t want a photographer who had their staged shots. We also didn’t want a “wedding factory photographer” who only saw us as a paycheck. We were amazed that when we received our photos within weeks of the wedding. We have heard horror stories from friends not having their wedding photos 6 months after their event. Not the case with Sarah.

Sarah is not one of those pushy photographer stuck in her ways. After a while we forgot she was there. She was a fly on the wall documenting our precious moments with family and friends. She captured details and intimate photos that we’ll cherish for our entire marriage. Sarah went above and beyond our expectations with extra little touches.

I would recommend any and everyone to use Sarah Tew for their weddings. You would be hard pressed to find a better, more affordable, professional, and personable photographer in the NYC area.

Services Used: Photography

Honestly...we would have changed our wedding date if Sarah had not been available...that's how strongly we felt she had the right eye, vision and passion for our wedding and telling our story. I remember when I had originally viewed her online portfolio I had tears in my eyes from the beautiful moments she had captured at other people's weddings. The outcome from our wedding was extraordinary. Each time I look at our wedding album it takes my breath away.