Sarah Tew Photography

43-01 22d St
Studio 264
Long Island City, NY 11101 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was just the Maid of Honor but I definitely loved Sarah style, her pictures are gorgeous and she was always there but never felt that way. My bride was ecstatic and I always refer her to any bride I know. When I get married I hope she's has availability for me!

• Wedding: [Private]
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah Tew was the best investment we made for our special day. Her eye for the small, yet beautiful details, is amazing. She is extremely thoughtful, intuitive and thorough. Sarah partners with you to create a detailed timeline so that you can be sure all the photos you want are taken.

Our wedding (and engagement photos) were amazing. We have gotten tons and tons of compliments. My sister-in-law even ordered her family holiday photo card with two of Sarah's photos!

We are so glad we chose Sarah Tew to capture our wedding day!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I am not big on reviews or testimonials but since I have the utmost respect for Sarah and her staff, I have decided to write. We were looking at several other photographers for our wedding - all who came highly recommended - but it was a chance meeting at a party that led us to Sarah Tew Photography. Someone there had used Sarah at her wedding and she showed me a beautiful, artistic photo (I'll say edgy too because it shot in the rain). I was sold. Sarah has a great creative vision. Our experience could not have been more terrific, she commands respect and although it can sometimes be difficult to get everyone in place for family photos, party photos, etc., she does it with grace and ease. Do not hesitate - CALL her!

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you want to immortalize your wedding day forever with great pictures, Sarah Tew is your girl. Our relationship began when we did our engagement photos about a year prior to the wedding day. We got to know Sarah and quickly learned she was laid back and fun as she made us feel very comfortable during a photo session that we both felt a little awkward about. We had a blast and it got us genuinely excited to snap shots the day of the wedding.

Leading up to the wedding, Sarah provides you the opportunity to tell you exactly which pictures are "must haves." So you can list out different combinations of family members and friends that you feel you absolutely need to have. Its great heading into the day knowing that she and her staff know exactly what you want to come away with.

On the day of the wedding, Sarah and her crew are so unobtrusive. To this day I still look at some pictures from the dance floor and think "I didnt even realize there was a photographer there." Somehow, they captured every single big moment at the church and every action moment at the reception without ever intruding.

Just days after the wedding, Sarah released some "sneak peek" photos on facebook, and within about a week she had a blog post up. She summarized our wedding day, provided about 20-25 of the best pics, and a video slide show. While on the honeymoon we'd check in on facebook and her sight and see all of our family and friends commenting, liking, sharing, and reliving the whole day. I'd imagine ordinarily there's a bit of a let down when the wedding day is finally over, but thanks to Sarah's beautiful and timely work, we were still enjoying that wedding high weeks after it ended.

The best testament I can give to Sarah's photography is that you can truly convey how awesome your wedding was through her pictures. You can truly feel how much fun the day was and how beautiful everything came out just by looking at her album.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah Tew is a must book for any wedding! My husband and I booked Sarah after seeing some of the work she did at our wedding venue - The Roundhouse at Beacon Falls. We instantly clicked with her from the moment we met and she was even willing to travel out to Montauk to capture our engagement photos, the location were my husband and I met. Sarah puts so much love, thought, and detail into every client she works with. She is unbelievably talented and so professional. She works hard to capture every moment of the wedding and no one will ever even know she is there. Her creativity and resilience allows her to capture the most perfect and meaningful photographs. We love that she took staged photos, but the way she captures real moments and interactions is the true treasure. Our favorite photos were the ones of small moments that captured so much emotion. We highly recommend Sarah and looking forward to working with her to capture future life milestones.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
Gina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah is the most pleasant person to work with. She is so professional, fast and her work is so amazing. She arrived a little earlier than planned and I didn't even notice she went right to work . I barely even noticed she was there and once I saw all her photos I was surprised at some of the shots she had caught. Very personal and candid but so pretty i love all my wedding photos and so does my family. She is super sweet and her little extra touches really make the difference and she makes you feel so special. I would recommend her to absolutely everyone. in three words: she is incredible.

Miimii
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah photographed our wedding for us in August 2014. We couldn't have been happier with her, or the photos.

We live in Australia and so did most of our planning remotely. We met with Sarah once before the wedding in person and she just made us feel so confident and comfortable choosing her as our photographer. She was responsive via email throughout the lead-up to the wedding and since. The photographs were simply amazing, all of our friends and family have been raving about them and we are thrilled.

• Wedding: 08/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah was amazing to work with. She shot my Tarrytown Wedding this summer and I couldn't be happier. The day of our wedding she showed up early to scope out first look locations. She found beauty in the most odd locations - She actually had me jumping in a bouncy castle in my wedding dress. She captured every moment and feeling throughout the entire day/evening.

• Wedding: 06/29/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah is the absolute BEST wedding photographer around. She is smart, flexible, and really easy to work with. She is extremely responsive and is so on top of everything. Picking her was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. The pictures came out perfectly and she has such an eye for interesting and beautiful shots. Anyone considering Sarah should hire her. You won't be disappointed and she is worth every penny.

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When my fiance and I got engaged and began looking for a photographer for our wedding, we assumed all "good" photographers would deliver a similar product, but when we saw Sarah's previous work we realized we were wrong - her work and demeanor stood out to us above the rest. From our engagement shoots to the wedding and post-wedding processing, we have been impressed and delighted with the quality of Sarah's work, her professionalism and her friendliness. Sarah and her assistant managed to capture all of the special big and little moments of our wedding, while blending in seamlessly with the crowd. It was like they were in 10 places at once! After the wedding I was so excited to see the photos but assumed it would take a while... so when I woke up the morning after the wedding to a sneak peak of 10 awesome shots that she'd sent over at 5:30am, I was really impressed. And we got the rest of the photos so quickly! Sarah was fun to work with, and the value we got for what we paid exceeded my expectations. I will definitely go to Sarah for other major life milestones that we want captured in photo.

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
Laura
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Words cannot express our wonderful experience working with Sarah. My wife and I are thrilled we choose Sarah to photograph our wedding. Everyone who has seen our engagement photos and/or the wedding photos cannot stop raving about how great Sarah captured our special day. She is a true artist which is why we choose her. We didn’t want a photographer who had their staged shots. We also didn’t want a “wedding factory photographer” who only saw us as a paycheck. We were amazed that when we received our photos within weeks of the wedding. We have heard horror stories from friends not having their wedding photos 6 months after their event. Not the case with Sarah.

Sarah is not one of those pushy photographer stuck in her ways. After a while we forgot she was there. She was a fly on the wall documenting our precious moments with family and friends. She captured details and intimate photos that we’ll cherish for our entire marriage. Sarah went above and beyond our expectations with extra little touches.

I would recommend any and everyone to use Sarah Tew for their weddings. You would be hard pressed to find a better, more affordable, professional, and personable photographer in the NYC area.

• Wedding: 04/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah was AWESOME!!! Our wedding was 6 days ago and throughout the week she posted up "sneak peeks" of our wedding photos. She finished posting everything up online today and everyone can view our beautiful photos! We love how the pictures came out and she really paid attention to everything throughout the night. She also took our engagement photos, which also came out beautifully. Thank you, Sarah!!! Our wedding venue was tiny and was not well-lit, but you'd never know from Sarah's pictures! She also took amazing pictures of our dog, who somehow didn't freak out at the wedding. SWEET!

• Wedding: 10/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are reading this, congrats!, now make the right decision for photography and hire Sarah! Amazing, amazing! We got married this fall and Sarah was outstanding! Sarah goes above and beyond with everything for you as her client. She was so professional, easy and accommodating to work with, responsive and quick to answer any questions, and the photos from our big day are incredible! I knew i had nothing to worry about the day of the wedding because Sarah was so calm and just knew what she was doing. And her assistants were awesome too! We had a very large wedding and somehow Sarah and her team captured every single moment and every detail. We also had a large wedding party and big family and Sarah was wonderful with all. We are sp so happy with our photos - they are unique and beautiful and show creativity while being timeless. We also had an amazing engagement shoot that was so much fun - people are still talking about our pics! We love Sarah Tew!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah is absolutely awesome. We are 1000% percent pleased with how all of our wedding and engagement photos turned out - though from the moment we met Sarah, we knew this would be the case. She is incredibly talented. Her photos have such a natural, bright feel to them, which is what drew us to her in the first place... but, we never thought anyone could make us look as good as she has!!! My jaw truly dropped when I first saw the photos, as they are breathtaking.

On top of being so talented, Sarah is truly the most responsive vendor I worked with through the whole process of planning my wedding. I knew I would like her when my first e-mail to her on a Friday night at midnight was answered within an hour, with tons of useful information - and every moment of working with her since then has been just the same! She made us completely comfortable with the whole process, and was so sweet and thoughtful the entire time.

I really cannot recommend Sarah highly enough. If you are looking for a wedding photographer, then absolutely look no further!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Lorena
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I came across Sarah's work because she had photographed another couple's wedding at our venue while we were on the hunt for vendors. I looked over all the reviews I could find online, and as a cynical New Yorker, I was a bit worried that some were faked because across the board, they were all so positive.

Well, our experience with Sarah has been nothing short of five stars. From our initial meeting, to my endless barrage of emails that she always responded to so quickly, to our engagement photo shoot, to the big day, she was exceptionally professional, understanding, and fantastic to work with.

I really wasn't interested in an engagement shoot, but since it's part of her package, I figured why not. I have to say that I'm glad that this is not a negotiable part of her service, because it was great to work with her in advance of our wedding day. The engagement shoot was casual and fun and allowed us all to get to know one another in a low-key, low-pressure atmosphere. She has a great eye for what would make an interesting image and gives really clear direction to those of us not used to being in front of the camera.

After seeing the beautiful photos from our engagement shoot, we were so excited to see what Sarah would do with our wedding. True to form (and all of the other five star reviews), she was on time, unobtrusive and endlessly professional. The photos that she captured are so beautiful and will be a gorgeous reminder of an incredibly special day. All of our friends and family have been absolutely blown away by the photos Sarah took. Also, her turnaround time is incredible - we had a sneak peek of our photos by the morning after our wedding. While we sat at brunch with our family and friends, everyone was marveling at Sarah's beautiful work.

Sarah is fantastic, and we cannot recommend her highly enough.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah Tew is an amazing photographer and wonderful person to work with for your wedding.

We cannot say enough about Sarah. From our initial meeting to reviewing the wedding photos she took, we were so pleased to have used her services. We are a very private couple so felt that taking engagement photos would be cheesy and awkward. Sarah put us to ease and made us feel comfortable. She structured our engagement shoot around our preferences and didn't make us get into any cheesy poses -- she just captured us being ourselves.

We found that she was really responsive as the year went on toward our wedding and made sure she stayed on top of us to get her feedback for what shots we wanted etc. She was really on the ball. And the day of, she was such a blast to work with. She took absolutely AMAZING photos. And her photobooth was such a hit with our guests.

We highly recommend Sarah Tew. She is such an artist and such fun to work with. Also, she was very helpful in working with our budget. We're also a same-sex couple and felt absolutely comfortable with Sarah.

Thanks Sarah!!!

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
917-374-4346
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards