Ruthe Jackson Center

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I am absolutely thankful that I picked this place to have my ceremony and reception. It's such a nice and beautiful place. My ceremony was held outdoors in the garden and the reception was held inside.

The food was amazing! All of my guests raved about the food and drinks. The staff members were very timely and prompt.

I have to give a special thanks to Cheryl Allgood. She was amazing from beginning to end. I appreciate her creating a timeline and making sure we stick to that. She is extremely organized and prompt. She insured that the wedding ran smoothly from start to finish. I can't thank her enough!

I would highly recommend this venue!

Wedding Date: 7/17/15

Private User
Recently Married

Having my wedding and reception at the same place was a really big deal to me, let alone have an outside wedding. The day of my wedding, it rained cats and dogs but at the time of my wedding all the rain stopped and God worked his magic. Everything turned out beautiful, and I am so happy I picked the Ruthe Jackson Center to have my once in a lifetime wedding.

Sheila
03/14/2015

The Ruthe Jackson Center was the perfect location for my daughter's wedding. Cheryl Allgood coordinated the support of our vendors making the day of the event all about the happy couple. The floorplan, size, decor, available parking and location in metroplex made it our number one choice.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The RJC was only the third wedding venue that we looked at, but I knew the moment I saw the garden outside that I wouldn't want to get married anywhere else. Having Cheryl as the coordinator was just the perfect cherry on top! Cheryl was absolutely incredible to work with. She responded to emails quickly, was always available to answer questions and even recommended ideas that she thought I would like. She made the process of planning the wedding so much easier! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous. The food options are incredible (we chose barbecue and are still getting compliments on how good it was) and there are so many options to make the venue work for every person with every type of budget. I highly recommend the RJC!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a small wedding and they treated like they would have treated a persons spending much more than I did.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is beautiful. They truly made my day beyond special. The coordinator, Cheryl, was on point and helped us with everything. She made my dream come true. The food, the waiters, everything was perfect!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had to move my wedding inside due to rain and Cheryl and Julie went above and beyond in making it beautiful inside the ballroom. Thank you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I wouldn't have went anywhere else to have my wedding!! This is most beautiful place ever!!

Debbie
1 Review
11/17/2013

My daughter and I visited Ruthe Jackson Center for her wedding/reception venue. After seeing the beautiful outdoor garden and ballrooms our decision was made. We had visited other venues in the metroplex and none compared to the beauty and value of Ruthe Jackson. The wedding coordinator was extremely helpful and turned the wedding into a fairy tale event. You won't be disappointed!!!

Anne
1 Review
11/02/2013

I had the wedding of my dreams thanks to Cheryl Allgood and her staff at the Ruthe Jackson Center. This venue is such a gem hidden in Grand Prairie, we probably had two dozen people ask us where we found this flawless venue.
My husband and I didn't want it to be too extravagant and we wanted to funnel our money into making sure things were fun for our guests. Unfortunately, I am the least girly girl and can't tell you the first thing about wedding planning, so I hired Cheryl as my wedding planner. (Her services come cheaper than the many other places I looked in the DFW area.)
From the beginning, Cheryl was conscious of my budget as well as what I truly wanted. She had suggestions and ideas for anything I could think of to ask her. Because of her, I had the best photographer that my friends still comment on to this day, my flowers were quickly stolen after the wedding by my mother in law so she could display them at home, and my decorations were simply breathtaking YET on a budget. We had a casino at the wedding, and it was a big hit. All my guests have been saying it was the "best wedding ever", one even said it in front of his wife (I avoided looking at her after he said that, lol).
The venue is gorgeous. At the last minute, I added an outdoor ceremony. The garden is perfect in the fall and they do a great job maintaining the flowers and the greenery. After the sun went down, the lights came out and it was magical. We released lanterns in the sky amongst the gorgeous backdrop of all the lights and lace in the garden.
Most country clubs and other places I went to gave me set hours for my wedding from 6 pm to 10 pm (Then charge you extra for extra hours). This place gave you the venue from 1p to 1 am so you can take your time in setting up.
This place doesn't push for a reason - they know that they are the best at what they do, and their work shows. I would recommend this place to anyone at anytime.

Private User
1+ year ago

The garden and ballroom were beautiful

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I chose RJC as a venue for my wedding. They made things so easy for me. I didn't have to do much of anything. Cheryl, our planner, was incredible!!! I don't know what we would have done without her. She was on point, kept EVERYONE calm and was VERY professional at it. She made sure everything was on point. I would recommend RJC and Cheryl's services to all my friends!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I thank The Ruthe Jackson Center for making my dream wedding come true... in fact they made it even better and far more beautiful than I could of ever Imagined. My wedding planner, Cheryl, and her team did a FABULOUS job. It has already been a month after my wedding and my guests still talk about how beautiful it was and how well they were treated. I would recommend this place to EVERY bride. I promise you will not be disappoint. Every dollar you spend is well worth it!!! Especially if you already have a busy life the Ruthe Jackson Center is the place to go. The best comment that I got was the day before my wedding.. "You are getting married tomorrow?? but you don't seem stressed!"... my response was, "I have an amazing team at the Ruthe Jackson Center that is Very well organized and they took a huge load off my back." This is definitely a 5/5 star. If I could give more stars I would!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The entire staff was extremely accomodating and helpful! The venue was beautiful. We received many compliments from our guests on our choice in venue. We highly recommend this venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception at the Ruthe Jackson Center. Our ceremony was held in the garden outside and it was just stunning. The trees have lights in them, there is a large fireplace with a mantle, a pond, stream and lots of seasonal flowers. With the garden ceremony, you dont need much decoration, which is a huge money saver. we did a few candles on the fireplace and down the aisle, but anything more would take away from the natural beauty of the propery. The minister wears a microphone, and their are speakers placed throughout so that everyone can hear the ceremony. The grand ballroom is, well, GRAND! large space that can hold any amount of people, whether it is 500 or 50. we used both ballrooms for our reception of 200 people, but they are flexible with you, if you wish to just use one ballroom. Cheryl Allgood is the coordinator at Ruthe Jackson, and she is such a huge help. She is professional, detail oriented and has your best interest at heart throughout the entire process. She is available to meet however many times you need and is prompt on returning emails/phonecalls. The facility is very up to date and neutral toned, which makes it easy to have your ideal wedding colors. They use black chairs for ceremony and reception, which goes with any wedding color scheme. The facility is very reasonalbe in prices, and is competitive with other venues. I highly recomend this venue to brides, your wedding will be stunning.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cheryl and her team are fantastic! Cheryl coordinates everything and is a valuable resource in wedding planning. She can recommend several vendors and options to make your wedding exactly what you want. There's no way I could have had everything I wanted without Cheryl's experience and insight. Her entire team is so nice and they really care about making your wedding a success. The entire venue is beautiful, but the garden itself is particularly gorgeous!