Ruthe Jackson Center

4.7
Flexibility
Sheila
03/14/2015

The Ruthe Jackson Center was the perfect location for my daughter's wedding. Cheryl Allgood coordinated the support of our vendors making the day of the event all about the happy couple. The floorplan, size, decor, available parking and location in metroplex made it our number one choice.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The RJC was only the third wedding venue that we looked at, but I knew the moment I saw the garden outside that I wouldn't want to get married anywhere else. Having Cheryl as the coordinator was just the perfect cherry on top! Cheryl was absolutely incredible to work with. She responded to emails quickly, was always available to answer questions and even recommended ideas that she thought I would like. She made the process of planning the wedding so much easier! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous. The food options are incredible (we chose barbecue and are still getting compliments on how good it was) and there are so many options to make the venue work for every person with every type of budget. I highly recommend the RJC!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a small wedding and they treated like they would have treated a persons spending much more than I did.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is beautiful. They truly made my day beyond special. The coordinator, Cheryl, was on point and helped us with everything. She made my dream come true. The food, the waiters, everything was perfect!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had to move my wedding inside due to rain and Cheryl and Julie went above and beyond in making it beautiful inside the ballroom. Thank you!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I wouldn't have went anywhere else to have my wedding!! This is most beautiful place ever!!

Debbie
1 Review
11/17/2013

My daughter and I visited Ruthe Jackson Center for her wedding/reception venue. After seeing the beautiful outdoor garden and ballrooms our decision was made. We had visited other venues in the metroplex and none compared to the beauty and value of Ruthe Jackson. The wedding coordinator was extremely helpful and turned the wedding into a fairy tale event. You won't be disappointed!!!

Anne
1 Review
11/02/2013

I had the wedding of my dreams thanks to Cheryl Allgood and her staff at the Ruthe Jackson Center. This venue is such a gem hidden in Grand Prairie, we probably had two dozen people ask us where we found this flawless venue. My husband and I didn't want it to be too extravagant and we wanted to funnel our money into making sure things were fun for our guests. Unfortunately, I am the least girly girl and can't tell you the first thing about wedding planning, so I hired Cheryl as my wedding planner. (Her services come cheaper than the many other places I looked in the DFW area.) From the beginning, Cheryl was conscious of my budget as well as what I truly wanted. She had suggestions and ideas for anything I could think of to ask her. Because of her, I had the best photographer that my friends still comment on to this day, my flowers were quickly stolen after the wedding by my mother in law so she could display them at home, and my decorations were simply breathtaking YET on a budget. We had a casino at the wedding, and it was a big hit. All my guests have been saying it was the "best wedding ever", one even said it in front of his wife (I avoided looking at her after he said that, lol). The venue is gorgeous. At the last minute, I added an outdoor ceremony. The garden is perfect in the fall and they do a great job maintaining the flowers and the greenery. After the sun went down, the lights came out and it was magical. We released lanterns in the sky amongst the gorgeous backdrop of all the lights and lace in the garden. Most country clubs and other places I went to gave me set hours for my wedding from 6 pm to 10 pm (Then charge you extra for extra hours). This place gave you the venue from 1p to 1 am so you can take your time in setting up. This place doesn't push for a reason - they know that they are the best at what they do, and their work shows. I would recommend this place to anyone at anytime.

Private User
1+ year ago

The garden and ballroom were beautiful

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I chose RJC as a venue for my wedding. They made things so easy for me. I didn't have to do much of anything. Cheryl, our planner, was incredible!!! I don't know what we would have done without her. She was on point, kept EVERYONE calm and was VERY professional at it. She made sure everything was on point. I would recommend RJC and Cheryl's services to all my friends!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cheryl and the RJC staff will always hold a very dear place in my heart. I remember when my mom first told me about the venue, all I could think about is that it was so close to my high school and I swore it was a grocery store back then. She eventually convinced me to go see the venue, and from the moment I stepped inside, I knew it was right. First of all, the ballrooms are great. You can use the large ballroom with

Cheryl immediately made me feel welcome and has become one of my favorite people through this process. She helped me define my vision, brought me to vendors who could help finalize that vision, and was there for me every step of the way.

The garden was magnificently gorgeous this April, no doubt due to all of the staff's work at nuturing the florals after the brutal summer last year. The staff even went so far as to replace trees that had been killed over the summer with freshly blooming ones. The gazebo is perfectly lit to cast a pretty glow and doesn't need much decor. My favorite part of the venue was that all the chiavari chairs and tables were included in our cost (woohoo!)

For the reception, we utilized the full ballroom even though we only had 125 guests, and it worked beautifully. Not too sparse, not too cramped. The food was delicious, the bartender was generous, and at the end of the night, I knew Cheryl and her team had executed everythign I asked of them down to the smallest detail. I would recommend RJC to any bride, regardless of budget or style. It can transform into just about anything you want!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cheryl Allgood and the staff at the Ruthe Jackson were great from the planning of my wedding until the last guest left the venue on the night of my wedding. We loved the location of the venue, the options for decorations, the dressing spaces as well as the food served at the reception. I was very pleased with my experience and would recommend them to family and friends.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This vendor exceeded our expectations. They took care of every little detail and I didn't have to worry about anything. The venue was absolutely beautiful. We were extremely pleased with both the setting and the service.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ruth Jackson center provided me the opportunity to have the wedding of my dreams. The staff was very professional and caring. They made may day very special. The center is very clean and pretty. Everyone had good time at my wedding and reception.

Additionally, the pricing was very affordable and met my needs. If I ever have an special event, I would do it at the Ruth Jackson center!!

Mrs Flowers

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you want a beautiful flawless wedding reception the Ruthie Jackson center is the place to go everything in the place is classy and elegant even the restrooms. The personnel were fabulous and treated us as if our event was the most important one ever. Cheryl was our planner/coordinator and I do not know what we would have done without her. We went to the first meeting with her with all this prearranged ideas of how we were going to save money and cut cost. Cheryl was honest and straightforward on what we could expect and where to and not to trim the budget. We had a friend that was going to do the DJ for us and Cheryl told us that it wasn’t a good idea it took several meeting with her to convince the holder of the purse strings that if you want a professional wedding the DJ is number one importance to the reception and you want a professional. I cannot express enough of how right she was. Between her and the DJ we had announcements, speeches everything went on like clockwork no one was scurrying around trying to get people here and there. We got to relax and enjoy the reception Cheryl and the DJ had warlike talkies and coordinated everything down to the bride and grooms exit. Cheryl even helped at the church when the bride had a last minute hissy about her flowers. I would not ever dream of having a wedding without Cheryl she gave us choices recommendation and did the coordinating with the different vendors found specialty items for us. It was a beautiful reception and I would not have changed a thing. My parting advice is if she recommends something listen she knows what she is talking about especially about needing a professional DJ.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Ruthe Jackson Center is the place to have you wedding event. The facility is beautiful. Cheryl was excellent in providing information of how to coordinate every aspect of your ceremony and reception. We could not have made it thought the night without her. Cheryl and her staff were very helpful and professional . If you want the most wonderful event of your life to be glamorous, elegant and sophisticated choose Cheryl and the Ruther Jackson Center !!!!!