Robert Valdes Photo~Cinema

Powerful & Emotional Storytelling

Serving Northern California
Destination Weddings available
San Francisco, CA 94112 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture, Traditio...
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Overall we had a 5 star experience with Robert - he was always prompt, very easy to deal with, delivered the photos much faster than expected, and his work was top notch. We've received many compliments already. Also, his fee was very competitive considering the quality received. We would hire him again without reservation!

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the pleasure of having Robert as our photographer for our wedding in Napa Valley at V. Sattui. I am a very type A personality, but Robert took me in stride and made all of my wedding picture needs/ wants/ wishes come to life. We've been married for two weeks, and I have already seen so many preview shots - so talk about a quick turn around! I know friends who have waited months for a preview. Anyway - I got exactly what I wanted. I had a few shots that I liked, and we had a few shots that had a sentimental meaning to me. Robert worked those in and made them more beautiful than I could have imagined and then he set to work on his art. He took some of the most amazing shots.
Communication leading up to the wedding: There was always an immediate response and he always took time to talk to me on the phone, read my emails and look at my suggestions. He made it so that I completely trusted him and had no questions.
Day of the wedding:
Pre-Ceremony - Robert came over the our home to capture shots of us getting ready, he was incredibly friendly and very well liked by all of my bridal party and my family. It was nice to have that time before the wedding because we got to know one another, and it made me more comfortable taking the photos throughout the day.
Ceremony - This is what is so great. There are so many AMAZING photos, but I had no idea he was there. One of the complaints I have heard from so many brides is that they felt like they were blinded and being attacked as they were performing the most sacred union of their lives. I literally had no idea that pictures were even being taken, but every moment of the ceremony was captured and from all locations!
Post Ceremony - We did all of the wedding party shots/ bride groom (we did not do a first look) and family shots.
Reception - Tons of great shots - everything was covered!

We were directed in a comfortable manner allowing for gorgeous pictures throughout the entire experience!

• Wedding: 06/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Robert was a pleasure to work with and a true professional. With some room in our budget close to the wedding date, we had to make a decision and book a videographer less than a month before the wedding. After searching on The Knot & YELP, Robert came to the rescue. He offered very comprehensive packages at a reasonable price point, and was always in touch via phone or email to discuss any details or questions I had. His attention to detail and excellent customer service was a relief leading up to the wedding. Within 3 weeks after the wedding we had our DVD package that captured all the important memories of our big day!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Robert exceeded our expectations! After interviewing over 10 photographers, no one was able to offer both photography/videography at the value Robert was. From our engagement pictures to our wedding video, everything was beautiful and every detail was captured.

I experienced issues with some vendors, but not with Robert. He is quick to respond and the answer to any and all of my requests has always been "Yes". He truly does put the customer first and will do anything to make sure his work is of utmost quality. I can rave about him all day but his work really does speak for itself. Thank you for allowing us to relive our wedding over and over through beautiful pictures and videos!!

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not have asked for a better photographer for my wedding and engagement pictures! My wedding and engagement pictures are everything I hoped for and more. Robert did an amazing job and I can't thank him enough. I am a picture lover and after interviewing 7 photographers for our wedding and looking over all of their pictures, I knew that I loved Robert's style. It was a bonus that he was reasonably priced, especially compared to what some photographers out there charge. He was so nice about customizing our package to give us exactly what we wanted. I knew I wanted an engagement session and eight hours of wedding pictures and that is exactly what Robert gave us. He was prompt on getting our pictures back to us. After we got back from our honeymoon Robert informed me that our pictures were on their way. I was so eager to get them! He took over 1,000 photos and almost all of them are unforgettable moments that I will treasure forever. Thanks again Robert for capturing the most important day of my life. :)

• Wedding: 07/07/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Robert did a great a job with our wedding photography. He responded to my initial inquiry right away and demonstrated great knowledge about photography, not photoshop. He kept us relaxed the day of the wedding and the photos turned out great. We also received the discs with all of the images within 4 weeks. Thanks Robert!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found Robert through a web search..We're from FL and decided to travel to SanFran for our elopement. Robert was extremely professional & answered each & every one of our questions & basically made our day special & memorable. He's fair, honest, & someone I can consider having as a friend. Our pictures arrived approx 2-3 weeks after our wedding & they were all AMAZING!! I showed them off to everyone even strangers because I was so proud of the work he did. I couldn't of asked for anything more..He truly made this day have meaning & we were honored to share it with him. You will NOT have any regrets hiring Robert..that's a promise!!..:)

• Wedding: 12/16/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I hired Robert to video our wedding in October 2011. He was a true professional who captured all the important moments and small details. Two days after the wedding, he provided us with a teaser video, and we couldn't wait to see the rest. He shipped everything to us approximately 2.5 months after the wedding, and we are amazed with how he edited the raw footage. He made our Chinese Tea Ceremony very watchable and fun, and we had a lot of relatives. He interspersed edited video with live footage which we really liked. I wanted a close-up shot of the ring exchange, and Robert remembered to shoot that for us while we were in the midst of a small break while taking group photos. We were very pleased with his quality of work and especially happy that he provided all the video footage on DVD, blu-ray and external hard drive format. Robert is very experienced with videography and had all the necessary equipment including the big video camera and tripod. He was always very responsive via email or phone. The videos that he provided will always be a special memento from our wedding day.

• Wedding: 10/01/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I hired Robert as a videographer for my wedding although he also provides photography services. I am writing to review his artistic talent and wonderful customer service. Robert was such a pleasure to work with. He was very attentive and available for any questions. You can tell he works hard to make the customer happy. My husband, family, and I were all so pleased with the final wedding video. I have rewatched it multiple times now. Although Robert did not film our wedding he was responsible for all the editing of the video. He was able to put an 8hr event with tons of footage into a smooth flowing video that really caputred all the greatness of the day.
Everyone who has watched the video is very impressed with his work.
The turn around time for his work was super quick. We had the video back within a month! He even followed up weeks after to know if we needed anything else.
HIre Robert, you will no be dissapointed. I am so happy that I chose to hire a videographer that has given us the gift to relive the wedding anytime.

• Wedding: 09/17/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing! Robert did an amazing job with his photography. We are so pleased with the photos and reasonable pricing. He created very professional and very elegant photos. I would highly recommend this photographer.

• Wedding: 06/08/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When I contacted Robert for the first time, he was very personable and attentive to my requests for my daughter's wedding. I appreciated his willlingness to work within my budget, timelines, etc. He also knew of the other photographers I contacted, which assured me that he was a real professional. There are a lot of
"new entrants" in this business, and it is scary chosing the right phtographer, since they provide you with the memories of that special day.

He showed up on time, was not intrusive to the wedding, yet captured some great moments of the wedding. His personality and talent were a perfect match for the wedding. He also delivered the DVD ahead of schedule after the wedding.

I have no hesitation in recommending Robert as a professional photographer.

• Wedding: 01/17/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Planning our California wedding was frustrating; I was living in Honolulu and had to research all of my vendors on the internet. Needless to say this was difficult because of the time difference and the fact that some businesses don�t check their emails....then I found Robert Valdes. He IMMEDIATLEY called me back with quotes and promised to save the date.

When I finally met Robert he was fun and likeable; he didn't rush the meeting, offered suggestions, LISTENED, and even gave me a CD of him singing (more about this later). His wedding albums were so beautiful I purchased one. A really neat metallic hardcover album�..cool.
The day of he was professional and RELAXED, which made me relaxed. He immediately posted our photos on the internet and mailed us a CD. His photos were so pretty and artsy, yet conservative enough that we could frame them.

Anyways, about the singing. Robert mentioned that he dabbled in some singing and gave me his CD. It was really nice, however I didn�t think to ask him to sing at our wedding. Big mistake. Towards the end of the night he picked up the mike and belted out Journey�s �Faithfully�. It was so cool. The funny thing was, the next day on our way to the airport I heard it on the radio and smiled. It was definitely one of the obscure things from your wedding day that stick happily in your memory. One of my biggest regrets is that I didn�t have him sing a little more during the evening. Damn.

Thank you Robert, for helping us with our day. I know you see a million weddings, but we will only have our one, and your beautiful pictures will help us remember it forever.

• Wedding: 09/06/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was married in July 2009 on the waterfront in Sausalito, California. I had the privilege of hiring Robert Valdes for my photography and videography needs to capture all of the cherished moments from my wedding, the most memorable day of my life. My husband and I met with Robert Valdes about seven months prior to the event and hired him at our initial meeting after talking with him and seeing examples of his amazing photography. His work is impressive and truly reflects in his personality and professionalism. Robert Valdes is an amazing photographer, a photographer who has true natural talent. He is very professional, punctual and brought his creative eye, talent and enthusiasm to our wedding day. He was very calm and confident throughout my event and captured almost 1500 breathtaking photographs. I never dreamed my wedding pictures or my wedding video would have been as beautiful and impressive as they are. I would highly recommend hiring Robert Valdes for your photography and videography needs for your wedding or any special occasion. He will capture all of the moments from your wedding and will leave you with a lifetime of unbelievable memories.

• Wedding: 07/11/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Robert is fun to work with and his pictures are amazing. We feel we received more than our money's worth by going with him.

We get many compliments when we show our pictures. Some of my friends who are already married said if they could go back and do it again, they would use Robert as their photographer. That makes us feel good knowing that we can show our pictures to people and be proud of them.

• Wedding: 07/07/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say thanks enough for the hard work and dedication Robert and his team did on the day of our wedding. The pictures came out amazing and so did the high resolution video (Blu-Ray) disc which is a must for todays weddings! The photography methods that Robert provided were hands down the best I have seen having gone to a fair share of weddings. If your in the market for Photo / Video I would highly recommend Robert he is fair and extremely talented when it comes to his passion. Thanks again Robert!!!!

• Wedding: 09/12/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wow. Robert did a fantastic job working the light and capturing the day. We are so pleased with the photos and could not have asked for a better photographer. He was professional and elegant with his pictures. We would have given him 6 stars if it was possible!

• Wedding: 09/06/2008
415-413-8541
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards