RK Bridal

4.2
Value
Flexibility
4.1

Had a fabulous experience here! We were warmly greeted by the manager Lisa who couldn't have been sweeter throughout the entire experience. My consultant Nadine was wonderful. I showed her a picture of a dress that I liked and she not only brought me that exact dress but others just like it. Once I had selected a dress Nadine found me a veil that seemed to be made for the dress. The price was very reasonable for both the dress and veil. I would highly recommend RK bridal. We arrived on the earlier side for the initial look, which was beneficial as it gets a little busier in the afternoon, however adequate attention was given to all the brides. The price and service can't be beat!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

GO HERE! This was my 4th stop on my bridal dress hunt and it was hands down my favorite experience. Although you cannot schedule an appointment in advance, if you get there right when the store opens you'll be seen within 2 minutes! The place itself is beautiful and incredibly organized. I was lucky enough to be paired with Jo. She exceeded every expectation I had. Jo was friendly, fun, professional and truly listened to what I had to say. She was able to figure out exactly what I wanted (even though I wasn't too sure of what I wanted). Her positivity carried through the entire appointment. Jo went above and beyond to find me the absolute perfect dress (it was the first one she put me in...I don't know how she knew!). If you go here--ask for Jo! She's THE best! And I also have to compliment Lisa, the manager. It was wonderful to work with her and have her there as part of my experience. She constantly checked in on me and my family to see how we were doing, to answer any questions, and just to send some great vibes! I can't wait till my friends get engaged because this is where we are going!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I went in to this store not expecting to buy my dress that day, but I had such a positive experience once I was matched up with my consultant, that it was almost unthinkable to leave without ordering mine. It was a bit hectic when we first got there, but Lisa let me take my time and helped me achieve my vision. I highly recommend going in there. Don't be scared of the semi-free-for-all atmosphere before you get into a room. Once you are in the room, it's great!

Also get there early because it is a first come first serve.

1 person found this review helpful

I ordered my dress in December 2014 for my wedding in October 2015. They recently moved to a new location in the city, which is much bigger and prettier. I went to their old store when I bought my dress, but did my try on at the new store.

I had a terrific experience at RK. One of my sisters knows one of the managers (Madison) and she was terrific and helped me through the whole experience before I even stepped foot in the store.

At the store Jo was my consultant and she was wonderful. She was patient with me and encouraged me to try on styles and dresses that were not on my list. She is the one who found the dress that I ended up selecting and found a veil that matched it perfectly. The other consultants were also super nice and helpful and were genuinely happy for me when I said yes to the dress.

My dress came in quicker than I was originally told and I did my dress try on last week. I am in love with my dress and my entire experience and found exactly what I wanted and had pictured myself wearing on my wedding day.

I won't be doing my alterations at the store, but going to a seamstress recommended by them, and I'm sad that my experience at RK has come to an end. I definitely recommend going there for your dress and bridesmaid dresses if you live in the city or close by. They even offer to beat the price of a dress that you find online for a lower price, which has been super helpful in ensuring that my bridal party gets their dresses at a good price, but with the security of ordering from a reputable place instead of online. They have dresses for every budget and body type and I did not feel pressured to buy a dress that was more than I could afford or wanted to spend. I was very happy to discover that I was able to get my dress and veil for less than what I had budgeted just for my dress (under $1500 excluding alterations). Go to RK Bridal and you won't be sorry!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

See Azia if you go to RK -- she's wonderful. This lady is an outstanding sales person. Azia recently assisted my daughter in finding her wedding dress. We went reluctantly to the store, thinking it would be overwhelming-- it has the feel of a warehouse with a huge selection of gowns all out in the open. Azia listened attentively to my daughter's preferences and quickly found what she wanted in the right price range. Azia made our experience especially pleasant by her warmth and graciousness and the fact that she really listened and personalized the process.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

THANK GOD FOR SHERYL!!! Two years ago she was able to help my sister find the perfect dress for her wedding and two days ago she did the same for me. I explained exactly what I wanted and she went out and got it. I NEVER thought I would buy my dress after just one visit!! but this dress is EVERYTHING!! and I would have never found it if it wasn't for Sheryl ..

[Private]

I shopped at RK Bridal this past weekend and would highly recommend it. I went on a Saturday at 9:45 (15 minutes after they opened) and was the 28th bride in line. Wait time was almost 2 hours during which I was instructed to pull 5 gowns on my own. My consultant was Sheryl who is phenomenal! Seriously, I could not have asked for a better experience. She was sweet, knowledgable and put me right at ease. I showed her photos of dresses I liked and she pulled a few dresses. I thought I had pulled a dress myself that would be the winner but she had me put on one of her picks first, which she casually mentioned would be a front runner. And she was right! That was the dress! It combined every element that I wanted and was under budget. It was such a pleasure to work with someone who is that amazing at their job. I highly recommend this salon and requesting Sheryl!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Hallelujah, I found the perfect wedding gown! I already knew what I wanted, so Sheryl was able to locate the gown for me very quickly. She then took her time showing me different options for alterations, sashes and hair accessories. I was done in about an hour. Sheryl is amazing!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The wedding consultant Sheryl was nothing short of AMAZING! She was very knowledgable about the dresses and she and I connected instantly almost as if we'd been friends for years! She was quick but patient and her personality made her go above and beyond her duties. Honestly, she made my experience even more memorable and she represented RK Bridal to the fullest!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

After visiting 5 bridal salons in the NY Metro area, I was feeling very down and felt as though I wasn't going to find exactly what I wanted. I was under the assumption at this point that I was going to have to pay a lot to customize my perfect dress.
When a friend suggested to try RK bridal because of their huge selection of the dresses and no need for an appointment, I decided to go by myself in the middle of the week to ease my mind about dress shopping.
Sheryl helped me and listened to exactly what I wanted! She brought me many choices that were what I was describing, and then remembered at the end of the appointment of one more dress that was EXACTLY what I was describing. When I put the dress of my dreams on, it fit me exactly in all the right places, and was the dress I have been trying to customize in my head all along. Also, this dress is the least expensive dress I have tried on in all my of searching!
There was no pressure to purchase on the spot, and she also didn't rush me through the appointment.
I can't wait to wear my dress on the day of my wedding!

[Private]

At first I was overwhelmed by all the racks and dresses but I had help finding the two dresses and the designer I went there to try on. Once my name was finally reached on the try on list I had 5 gowns to try on. Sheryl helped me find my ideal dress! She picked it out for me and it was the first dress I tried on. All the dresses there were high quality and amazing picks! It was difficult to say yes to just one! But I went there and found my dream dress and under budget so far I'm having a very positive experience with rk bridal! And Sheryl was absolutely amazing!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I decided to go to RK after visiting three other bridal shops with no success. I pulled five gowns that I wanted to try (make sure you have an idea of what you want before going). Then I met my consultant Sheryl and told her what I liked/disliked about other dresses I had tried on. She ended up pulling the dress that I got! She is really good at what she does and she knew that dress was exactly what I was looking for. The price was within the budget I had given her and they were able to ship it to my house in CT so I could avoid paying tax. My dress came in two weeks after I ordered it and I went in to try it on before they shipped it. It is now hanging in my closet and I can not wait to wear it on my big day! Thank you RK!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I live in Vancouver, Canada and tried on the perfect dress at a local salon that cost a bit more than I wanted to spend (and that was shown online). The salon worker made an arrangement with me she would sell me the sample that fit me perfect, mint condition, etc. for a much discounted price but ended up selling it to someone else(ugh). My cousin from NY told me about RK Bridal where she bought her bridesmaids dresses and told me to check out their salon when I came to visit.
The doors opened at 11am, no appointments. I got to the foyer at 10:50am and there was already a group of about 5 brides with their guests so it was crazy packed. The second it turned 11 the worker explained to put your name on a list at the back of the store and a stylist will come find us. So doors opened to this huge warehouse looking room with racks and racks of wedding dresses in bags. Now this website says no frills and no frills it is! But I was looking for a deal and I knew when I got in I was in the right place! I went to the back quickly and put my name on the list and my girl came and I right away told her the brand a style number I wanted. She quicky found my dress, asked if I wanted to see anything else, I pulled a few more and we were off into the fitting room.
The sample dress had definitely seen better days. It was quite grey, missing beads, some pick up's ripped, etc. But they advertise "no frills" so I jumped right in. All samples are size 12-14. My girl was helpful in making me visualize the dress in it's perfect form. She gave me a petticoat as this one was flat from overwear, she pinned pick up's that were broken and she clamped my back until it fit as well as it did in my size at the other salon. Did it look as nice on me as the dress at the other salon? No, but thankfully I knew it's potential.
The dress at RK was $500 less than it was at my home salon in Canada. They would ship it to my house in Canada for a $60 shipping fee. I bought it! Will Update upon delivery

1 person found this review helpful
[Private]

I bought my wedding dress at RK Bridal yesterday and could not be happier. Jo who helped me was AMAZING!! She was so patient and helpful and excited for me. She made it a great experience. She listened to me completely and knew what I was looking for even before I could articulate it. She stayed with me late on a Friday night to help me find my dream dress and I never once felt rushed or pressured to buy something like I have in other bridal stores. All of the staff were very nice and helpful and I just can't say enough good things about my time with Jo. She is GREAT at her job. The store has 2400 bridal gowns so you are sure to find something you love. No appt needed which is great...just need to get there before 5pm during the week to try on gowns. They just moved in to the current location two weeks ago and it is a great space. I will be returning here with my mom for her gown. I highly recommend this bridal shop.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I went to visit RK back in October 2014 to look at bridesmaids dresses. I did not want to look at bridal gowns for myself - I wasn't prepared. Celine sought me out and gently pushed me to try something on. I finally caved and showed her a picture of some gorgeous, crazy expensive dress I liked. She grabbed three options and brought them over to me. I looked them over, tried on my favorite, fell in love and bought it. Celine was great. She is truly educated and knows her dresses. She found my dream dress before I knew it was my dream. RK has so many options, all different designers and styles. You won't leave disappointed. Thank you, RK!

Michelle
05/03/2015

I went to RK Bridal not knowing what to expect or if I would even find “the dress”. I knew exactly what kind of dress I wanted but I wasn't sure if this store would have it. Once I got to RK Bridal, I was paired with a bridal consultant named Sheryl and from that moment on I knew I was in good hands. I showed her a photo of my dream dress and she instantly knew what dresses to pull for me. In fact the FIRST dress that she suggested that I try on was the winner, the one, the perfect match!!! I thought this was impressive considering the thousands of dresses to pick from in this store. After visiting other bridal stores, I can honestly say that this was the best wedding dress shopping experience that I had while in NYC. This is not because the store was giving out champagne or glamorously decorated but because of Sheryl and her knowledgeable advice, love for fashion, and passion for wanting to see a stunning bride.

If you chose to go here (which I would highly recommend) here are a few tips that could enhance your experience:
Go to RK Bridal early on a weekday.
Bring pictures of dresses that you like. It helps if you know what silhouette/ style you are looking for.
Request Sheryl as your consultant. You will not regret it!