Red Lion Inn Resort

3.9
Value
Flexibility
4.1

We truly had the perfect wedding at the Red Lion Inn! Elizabeth Locke went above and beyond to make our night beautiful. Everything went so smoothly and professionally. We are still receiving compliments from our guests about how wonderful it was, from the food and service to the overall atmosphere. Highly recommended!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough about The Red Lion Inn. My wedding was a dream come true and an absolutely perfect day. This venue was just what I had always wanted, rustic and elegant, and as we got acquainted with Elizabeth and the rest of the staff, it began to feel like a second home. Every time I stepped into the venue I felt like a princess. My guests can't stop talking about what a wonderful wedding we had, and how beautiful the Lion's Hall was. Not to mention the food! In addition to Elizabeth's sincere kindness and attention to detail, my husband and I are also so grateful for Bill, who provided complimentary dance lessons for us! And for Madison, who stayed with us the entire day of the wedding, all through the night, and even during our after party in The Cave (another on-site bonus!) Our wedding party filled all of the rooms in the Inn and thoroughly enjoyed their stay. I wouldn't have changed a second of my wedding day and am so glad I was able to have it here, on a Thursday night, too (no food and beverage minimum)!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Red Lion Inn was so flexible and willing to work with us to have our perfect blended American and Indian wedding. The food was incredible. We had lots of unique wants and they met them all. The barn is stunning. It was a dream wedding and I can't imagine a better place. It was also a better value than comparable venues.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just got married a week ago and I can't stop smiling. This place is beautiful. I got up the morning of my wedding and walked to the salon that was within walking distance (Rudolph Adamo) to get my hair & make up done with my bridesmaids and mom. Then from there, we all got dressed in the Salon de soliel at the Red Lion Inn which is also used for cocktail hour. We were able to take awesome pictures and enjoy getting ready in an open room together. When we were ready to go, we walked through the best part (to me) of the inn, the covered bridges to get to the Lion's hall where the reception was held. After that, we finished that night off with an after party in the Cave. The night went by fast, but I enjoyed every minute of it! I loved having everything within walking distance of one another. I don't regret anything!!

1 person found this review helpful

Best day ever!!! I have no words to explain how fantastic the entire process was from start to finish. The staff at red lion inn is top notch. The service is impeccable. Even though sometimes emails take time to respond they always get back to you and it all works out. They are relaxed and poised at weddings. They definitely know what they are doing. Elizabeth is fabulous and lovely. Bill is incredible. Oscar at the front desk is kind and accommodating. I can't even list all the great players! The rooms are splendid and perfect for a romantic weekend! The bridal suite was magical. Again best day ever!!!! I even had a Friday night and Sunday morning event!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We booked this venue over a year from the wedding and from the first meeting to the wedding day last month they were always available, flexible and professional. They were very organized and helpful with pre-wedding planning and during the ceremony and reception everything went like clock work. They also provided excellent vendor suggestions.
The food was outstanding, the site very beautiful, and the staff couldn't have been more available or flexible.

1+ year ago

The Red Lion Inn is the perfect location for an elegant, rustic wedding. I cannot be happier with the venue, food, and service we received at our wedding. I highly recommend it! Oh, and not to mention the awesome after party you can have down the The Cave and the perfectly quaint rooms that the Inn offers right on site. It's a dream come true!

Corey
01/31/2014

I couldn't say enough wonderful things about the Red Lion Inn and the wonderful team of people we worked with there! First of all, it is beyond gorgeous, and it looks even more beautiful with the candles and the up lighting (all included) at night. Also, the food was delicious from start to finish, although I'll admit that I'm biased towards the short ribs. Finally, and most importantly, Elizabeth was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. She was fair, responsive, and highly competent from start to finish. You could easily tell she's been running weddings at the RLI for many years now, and she knows how to do it right. If you are considering a barn wedding in the boston area! this is a must see venue!!

1+ year ago

We had the most amazing wedding at The Red Lion Inn in November, 2013. We worked with Beverlei who was "over the top" helpful, resourceful and always available to answer all questions and concerns. She executed exactly everything we requested for our big day. She remained there the entire evening and made sure our wedding and reception was perfect. There was nothing we would change but can offer some advice to others.
We had four months to put together our wedding of 180 guests. We chose to be married in the barn, have cocktails upstairs and then come down to dinner. We were at capacity with everyone dining downstairs but did not feel crowded. We did not choose the "salon" for cocktails as we did not want to lose that time herding everyone over there and we were so glad we kept everything in the barn.
We had a 7 piece band that added so much liveliness to the evening. We chose an open bar by consumption and there were no surprises with the bill whatsoever. There was a raw bar that was fresh and got great reviews.
There was a choice of swordfish or short ribs. We and all our guests we spoke to agreed they were great choices. We went to the two cake tastings, chose Montilio's and had the florist decorate that day with fresh flowers.
The only thing I might consider changing if I had it do over again is taking the pictures before the ceremony. I wanted to see my husband for the first time as I walked down the isle but not so sure it was worth missing most of the cocktail hour and at that the photos were rushed. Give it some serious thought.
The Red Lion Inn was a fantastic venue for our wedding as well as a great value!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding day was PERFECT! I can't say anymore than that. Elizabeth and her staff provided such a high quality of service. All of our guests can't stop talking about how beautiful the wedding was. The food was amazing! The staff was so helpful in the set up and tear down process and anything I needed (tape, scissors, a corkscrew) they found for me no questions asked.

1 Review
2+ years ago

Our daughters wedding was more than we ever expected! All our guests have told us what an amazing wedding it was and keep raving about the appetizers and the dinner menu. Elizabeth our wedding coordinator managed every detail flawlessly and helped make each moment special. The maitre d for the evening was wonderful too...staying behind the scene but making sure our guest and we were happy.
The bride and groom feel their wedding day was a perfect beginning for their life together.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful place,great staff, great wedding coordnator (Helena) also DJ Bill Iaconelli. I had nothing at all to worry about having Helena and my DJ Bill all I needed to do is show up for my wedding. Anything I needed or mentioned was handed to me on a silver platter. Food was awesome every single person who attended my wedding LOVED the food.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am the least detailed person ever. I wanted to buy a dress and show up for my wedding and hope for the best. The Red Lion Inn allowed me to do this. Elena was so detailed and so hopeful I can not express my gratitude for her. On the night of our wedding I was not bothered with a single thing. In fact the anti-bridal bride was guided gracefully by the staff that knows weddings better than the best. My every need was catered to by the amazing staff that I can not thank more for making our day unforgettable.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We can not say enough good things about the Red Lion Inn!!! We just got married on 2-25-12, and the night couldn't be more perfect, thanks to the staff/service shown at the Red Lion Inn. When we first walked into the space, we fell in love with it...it was absolutely breathtaking. And, it only got better from there. We met with Elizabeth on that first day and from that day on, she couldn't have been more helpful. She is extremely organized, detailed, and it is very clear that she truly wants the best for you and for your day. The pricing was in line with our budget and really great for what you get. We have not stopped raving about our wedding and how great everyone was at the Red Lion Inn. So many people who have attended our wedding have said the same thing to us. The food, the ambience, the service, the planning, the bar, the details, etc. were all perfect! There are so many instances in which they went above and beyond to make our day so special. Thank you just doesn't cut it for what they did for us. We were honored to have our reception there and will forever be raving about the Red Lion Inn and how helpful our event coordinator, Elizabeth and her staff was to us! They made us feel like family, and cared about every little detail of our big day. It was very clear that you are not a number when you walk in here...they will go above and beyond to make sure you have the best day possible and truly care about you! Thanks to all of the help of the Red Lion Inn and all of our vendors, we will forever have the most wonderful memories of our wedding!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What a great venue, amazing food, and friendly staff! The Red Lion Inn is a unique venue that is unlike any other place we've ever been for a wedding, and that is exactly why we loved it! The setting is spectacular, the food is the absolute BEST wedding food I've had anywhere (braised short ribs were all the rave!), and the staff, especially coordinator Elena, is an absolute professional who did EVERYTHING to make sure we had everything in place and perfect for the day, and truly cared about us as a couple and our big day.

We had an after party in "the Cave" reserved exclusively for the wedding guests, and it helped keep the party going and was a great atmosphere to be more casual and relax.

The bridal suite (included in the package) is an absolutely beautiful room, and was one more thing that we didn't have to worry about around our wedding.

For a unique venue, terrific food, and great service, the Red Lion Inn in Cohasset is the place to get married!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter had her wedding reception at The Red Lion Inn in Cohasset, MA. Elizabeth was her wedding planner and she was excellent. She answered all our questions and helped us with all of the many details to make a perfect night for us. The reception was in the "barn" and it was a perfect place to celebrate. Our guests all commented on the great appetizers and how great the food was. We also stayed at the Inn that night and our room was cozy with a four post bed and fireplace. I would recommend The Red Lion Inn without question. Their professionalism and helpfulness were great!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography, Wedding Planning