Quonquont Farm

Sort By:

4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 2 Reviews
My wife and I got married here in October, 2014. The venue is absolutely stunning, and the event coordinator, Jenelle, is an absolute joy to work with. The venue does have some aspects of a "blank slate" to it as the catering, decorations, and a few other things are left to the couple getting married, but we actually liked this - it allowed us to customize and look for the best prices.

A few comments, based on our experiences, to some of the negative feedback on this venue:
1) There is a noise restriction, however, the music was played at the desired level all night and there was never an issue. We had a few guests asking us to turn the music down, not one asking for it louder.
2) The venue does require a $1,000,000 insurance policy, but this can be purchased for ~$150 and only takes ~5 minutes of your time to obtain. Additionally, we would have considered purchasing this no matter what venue we were at; better safe than sorry.
3) Lastly, the owner can be a bit difficult to deal with, however, in our ~18 months of conversations with them (from booking, up until the event) we only interacted with her one time so it wasn't much of an issue.

We wouldn't even think of changing from Quonquont if we had to do it all over again - The hoops they have you jump through are all worth it in the end!
3.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5

Private User 2 Reviews
Working with Quonqount Farm was easy and professional. Janelle did a great job in coordinating everything with our other vendors and the event went seamlessly.

Orchard and barn are beautiful.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you are searching for a beautifully renovated, yet rustic venue, this is it. When we began planning our wedding a year and a half ago, I had an idea of what I wanted - an outdoor ceremony, with the reception in a barn. It seems this has become a pretty popular theme for weddings over the last few years. There are a number of venues throughout the northeast that offer this type of setup. Most of them were either way too expensive, or affordable but not that nice. After searching online for a few weeks, I finally came across Quonquont Farm. They don't seem to do a great deal of promotion for their function venue via their website, so it was only after looking through photos posted for rustic weddings, after many Google searches, that I found them.
We chose a Sunday for our event, since the cost was significantly less than a Saturday event. But even if you choose a pricier day of the week, you will not be disappointed. Our wedding was in late September, and the grounds were stunning this time of year. I imagine it's equally as beautiful in the spring and summer. Quonquont now has their own liquor license, as well, and the bar fees are very reasonable if you are considering an open bar. They feature local Berkshire Brewing Co. beers on tap, which we really enjoyed.
From the start, Jenelle, the event manager, was always quick to respond to our inquiries. She was very helpful in providing a list of other local wedding vendors (caterers, DJs, etc.) for us to consider as we planned the event. What surprised me the most, and made this venue a real bargain, was that Jenelle really did manage the entire event for us. From allowing us to bring decorations out the week before the event (they have plenty of storage in the barns), to coordinating seamlessly with the caterer (Blue Heron Restaurant in Sunderland) to achieve the exact reception we wanted, she was amazing!
Wedding: 09/21/2014
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5

Private User 3 Reviews
Jenelle is great to work with, the location is beautiful! The only downfall is the noise restrictions, which is out of their control.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I cannot say enough about our wedding and reception at Quonquont Farm. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the venue was. I was a bit nervous taking on the DIY type venue but with help from Jenelle, the event coordinator, a little planning and some great vendors, made it all worthwhile. We were able to customize everything to our taste and it truly showed in the results on our special day. Take advantage of vendor recommendations as the list we were provided during our first visit to the farm proved very useful. The barn is so beautiful that the d├ęcor can simply be what you put on the tables and it looks stunning! I'd do it over again in a heartbeat and highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a wonderful and beautiful venue that leaves you the ability to make it your own.
Wedding: 05/10/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I am so glad we decided on Quonquont for our wedding venue. The place is absolutely gorgeous and was everything we were looking for. Jenelle (event coordinator) was very helpful with anything we needed and was very flexible with our ideas. Even though this place is almost all DIY, Jenelle is there with tons of recommendations and suggestions to help make all the planning a bit easier. The only category I marked down to 4/5 was Flexibility of the venue - this place fills up fast!! We met with Jenelle in early June to reserve a date for the following year, and there was only ONE Saturday date left/available for the entire 2014 season. (You can bet we booked it!) So, if you are looking for a specific date, plan to reserve it more than 1 1/2 years in advance to be sure its available. Other than that, no complaints whatsoever about this place.

Contract does specify noise restrictions and venue liability - however, we had a live piano during the outdoor ceremony which was plenty loud, and our DJ blasted the music inside with tables/chairs vibrating. Venue liability was literally $100. What is there to complain about ???

We loved this place, and our guests still talk about how different and elegant and wonderful the venue was. If you're up for some DIY to make your wedding exactly how you planned it, this place is for you! Thank you, Jenelle!!!
Wedding: 05/03/2014

Kimberly 3 Reviews
Jenelle at the Quonquont was great! She responded to every email right away and answered all of my questions. Se was very flexible withering times and had great ideas for handling all the children at our wedding. She was very hands on, helping out whenever and wherever she could. She was a big part in making our wedding amazing.
Wedding: 09/28/2013

Private User 3 Reviews
We were so lucky to get to have our wedding at Quonquont farm! The grounds are stunning and all anyone could say to us was "WOW". We had a wonderful experience working with everyone at the farm. They answered all of our questions and helped us plan our wedding seamlessly!!
Thank you!!!
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
QuontQuont Farm was a lovely romantic and relaxed place to get married. We had hoped to have our ceremony in the orchard in fall, and were lucky to snag the cheeky auspicious date of Friday the 13th. Jenelle was so kind about communicating and helping us set things up, very relaxed but responsive and enthusiastic about our plans. Our bar order was completely fair, under what we'd budgeted, and what (little) hadn't been consumed at the end of the night they offered to subtract from our final bill. On the day of I was so grateful that Jenelle was there to co-ordinate, as friends and family helped set up, and I was particularly grateful for the moment about 45 minute before our outdoor ceremony when a surprise thunderstorm drenched everything. In a moment of nervous indecision (perhaps my only one in our whole wedding planning process) I worried about having our ceremony as planned. She was so calm and helpful, we were able to check the weather radar on her phone, it looked like the worst had passed, and she offered just the right amount of advice by reminding me that part of what would make the day special was being outside as we had envisioned, even if it meant walking through some wet grass. She and her staff toweled off the seating and everything went as planned. It was a beautiful celebration that everyone in our circle will remember fondly for a long time to come. Oh, and did I mention that my husband is a professional photographer? So our wedding was swarming with the best and most talented friends who took pictures all night. I think they were as excited as QuonQuont Farms photogenic character as we were. Thank you again so much for all that you and your team did to make our day so special, we feel like this area will always be our home and QQ Farm offered just the right homey but elegant atmosphere.
Wedding: 09/13/2013

Maura 3 Reviews
Our Quonquont Farm experience was perfect in every way! We loved working with Jenelle who is absolutely fantastic.

The venue is perfect - rustic beauty with all the amenities (including handicap accessibility, which is so unusual for farm venues). We had so many elements to our wedding - from loads of DIY projects to a ketubah ceremony, a newlywed picnic in the orchard during cocktail hour to parking a vintage truck on the property. So many places would upcharge you for these types of things, but Quonquont just made everything work.

Jenelle went above and beyond for us. She is great at her job and exudes professionalism and competence. She is incredible!

It was an unforgettable event and we are so happy to have chosen Quonquont for our special day.
Wedding: 09/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you are looking for a gorgeous wedding venue in western Massachusetts with rustic charm, then Quonquont Farm & Apple Orchard is the place to chose. The venue offer charming New gland house with rooms available for the bridal party to get ready. It is decorated tastefully and offers a great backdrop for photographs. The property also offers a gorgeous 19th century restored/updated tobacco barn which is the main site for the reception including an outdoor patio space which is was a hit during our cocktail reception. QQ Farm also includes the grounds including apple orchard for outdoor ceremony options. We chose to have both our ceremony and reception onsite. We had our ceremony outside in the apple orchard and our reception inside the barn and extremely happy with our decision.

Jenelle Denehy is the wedding coordinator for Quonquont Farm and does an absolutely amazing job. Quonquont Farm is great in that if you are more of a DIY bride, Jenelle is there to provide assistance the day of and can follow whatever instructions you provide for helping with set-up. The price of the venue includes her services the day of the wedding, helping coordinate timing of events during the ceremony and reception. If you prefer to hire a wedding planner, I have faith that Jenelle would do a fantastic job working with a wedding planner, since she already does a great job coordinating all of the vendors. Jenelle responds quickly via email and is also available by phone/text. Jenelle is well connected to vendors in the area and is able to offer recommendations and is also open to making new relationships with vendors. I HIGHLY recommend this venue for anyone looking for a beautiful place with rustic new england charm. I LOVE Quonquont Farm!
Wedding: 08/31/2013
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0

Private User 1 Reviews
My husband and I recently had our wedding ceremony/reception at this venue. This is a beautiful wedding venue set in rustic western ma. Besides that really not a pleasant place to be at all, not worth hassle! The owner was overbearing and seemed miserable to deal with. Questioning my guests outside as they went to their cars. My disc jockey, which i paid $3,000 to get for the night was unable to play the music remotely loud, thus dancing was very hindered. We were not able to have any music outside for cocktails. The only saving grace/positive i can say about this place is that Janelle (wedding coordinator) was very passionate, qualified, experienced and dependable. I would never recommend this wedding venue to anyone, they nearly ruined my special day! Save yourself the trouble!

Kristen 2 Reviews
I LOVE Quonquont Farms and their wonderful site coordinator, Jenelle! We were married here last month (August, 2013) and loved every minute of it. The grounds are amazing, the barn has been renovated beautifully, and Jenelle is a true gem.

There are some not-so-great reviews here -- which actually shocked me! For comparison sake, we were married in the apple orchard, had our cocktail hour outside on the patio and had the reception in the barn. Everything went smoothly and truly exceeded our expectations. Unlike other reviewers, we had no problems with the noise level (if you are worried about I HIGHLY recommend Chris from Cloud Nine Productions, you will not regret it, he is amazing). Everyone (me and my husband included) had a great time, and we heard from so many guests who loved the venue. As a huge bonus, Jenelle essentially acted as our wedding planner and did a fantastic job making keeping us calm and happy throughout the entire process. I would recommend this venue to any bride who is looking for a sophisticated, beautiful, farm wedding (and let's face it, who doesn't want that?!).
Wedding: 08/17/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0

Sharon 4 Reviews
This venue was absolutely te perfect place for our wedding. It was so beautiful both outside around the grounds and inside the barn. I got lots of positive feedback from guests who said it was one of the nicest wedding locations they had been to. The staff were very helpful ahead of time up until the reception, at which time it became difficult to find who was in charge. They did not set up enough chairs for the amount of guests we had and as a result we had to have more tables and chairs brought in during the reception. Overall a great experience.
Wedding: 08/16/2013
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0

Private User 1 Reviews
My fiance and I considered this venue for our wedding. After reading the contract, I quickly shred it and threw it in the garbage. No noise past 63 decibels? Yes it specifies. Do they have a meter that measures that? The couple has to purchase their own insurance, up to $1,000,000 for the venue and are reaponsible for vendors and everyone who steps foot on that property the day of event. The list goes on and on. I wouldn't sign that contract if they put a gun to my head. I am surprised that they still manage to book this place. Perhaps no one reads the entire contract. Good luck to those who sign it.
3.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  2.0

casey 3 Reviews
The venue and grounds were very nice and Jenelle (the wedding coordinator) was very helpful in organizing everything. We had a difficult time coordinating the alcohol, since the venue didn't have a liquor permit and we had to get our own through our caterer. Because of the location of the venue, in a residential neighborhood, there are ordinances and restrictions that they have to abide by... We paid a lot of money to use the grounds, and we didn't really appreciate the way some of our guests were spoken to with respect to alcohol consumption on the grounds. The owner (I think she was the owner anyways) monitored every move we made and was more worried about people drinking in the parking lot than ensuring the event went smoothly. The rooms to get ready in before the ceremony was spacious, but would have liked to be able to go back in after the ceremony while the guest were having social hour and we are waiting for our intros. Jenelle did a lot of work to make this day wounderful. I can say it wasnt easy for her between the brides wants and the contridicting mother, but she managed to make everything work out in the end. I dont think the wedding would have turned out as nice if it wasnt for her working there. The only advice for future brides wanting to book this place is that this place will be perfect for a wedding planed by a full time cordinator and is not for a DIY bride. If you are a DIY bride and want this place please give up the DIY and use a full time cordinator. Thank You Jenelle!
Wedding: 06/14/2013
 413-588-2028
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire