Polkadots Cupcake Factory

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I've never had a wedding cake that even came close to the awesomeness that was our wedding cake. It was so tasty and so beautiful. In fact, it was so good that when we did the tasting, we couldn't choose just one flavor. We ended up with three cakes at our wedding! They were perfectly simple and beautiful, and since we were charged per serving and not per cake, the cost was roughly the same as purchasing one cake. Olga is so friendly and easy to work with, and she's willing to try anything to make her customers happy. We would definitely recommend her for any special occasion cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

After taste testing a couple of cupcakes from Polkadots, we immediately knew we wanted to get a variety of regular and mini cupcakes and cake pops from them for our mid-February wedding. Olga was so lovely to exchange emails with, and we ordered a variety of sizes and flavors.

Olga’s sweet husband hand delivered the beautifully designed goodies to our wedding at The Plant in Kyle, Texas (which is wayyyy out there!) the morning of our wedding. He not only delivered them all intact down a seriously bumpy road, but lovingly set them up and styled them to perfection on our cake table. Polkadots was so thoughtful they even sent us a couple of other little treats that we promptly devoured before our ceremony ☺

We thought we ordered way too many, but to our delight our guests ate them all right up… with many admitting to devouring at least 3 of the delicious cupcakes!!!

We can’t recommend Polkadots more highly for their quality, incredible customer service, and lip smacking satisfaction!!!

Private User
Recently Married

The cake was delicious and we received a lot of compliments. We didn't get a chance to try to the macarons and cake pops but if they were anything like the samples we tried, then they were just as awesome.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Totally delicious. Polkadots provided a small cake and cupcakes for my wedding and it was wonderful! It was hard to choose only 5 flavors for the cupcakes because they were so good. A bit expensive, but worth it. Olga is a bit short in some of her emails, and that threw me off at first, but she's very kind and professional in person and did a really great job on the day of the wedding. Thanks Olga!!

Courtney
10/18/2014

Let me start by saying we did a tasting at another popular wedding cake bakery in Austin and it NOWHERE near compared to Polkadots! Olga met us for the tasting and we were so blown away, that we ended up deciding to do 5 different cakes. Yes 5...bc the flavors were so incredible we couldn't narrow them down. I began to follow her on Instagram as well and I wish I lived in Austin bc she makes the most amazing cakes, cookies, macaroons, you name it. She is a true artist and her style is just as incredible as her baking skills. 10 stars not 5! The only wedding cake baker to choose in Austin (hands down)!!!

Private User
Recently Married

I used Polkadots Cupcake Factory for my wedding and everything was amazing! We did a dessert bar with 4 desserts. Olga and her team made us caramel macaroons, mini apple pies, snickerdoodle cookies, and pumpkin spice cupcakes. Everything was DELICIOUS! Our guests loved it all! She was so sweet throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend using Polkadots Cupcake Factory for you wedding or any other party or event!

Izabelly
05/04/2014

My wedding was on a Sunday and Polkadots are not open on Sundays. Olga was a very nice lady and flexible enough to let me get my cake on Saturday around 8pm so it was still freshly baked.
We had a unique design that we used as our theme and it was on our invitation, tables, signing book and a few other things. She was able to reproduce the design on our cake and it looked amazing. I wish a had a few pictures to show how beautiful our cake was.
Thank you Olga for your amazing hard work!

4.7

Polkadot Cupcake Factory made some delicious cakes; bridal cake was not only delicious but also quite pretty. The grooms cake was delicious and was done very nicely—looked more like a longhorn than we ever expected! We also really appreciated that they were able to make sugar free cupcakes to go along with our cakes. Olga was always great at answering questions. The cakes were a little more expensive than we had originally wanted, but were not at an absurd price.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Ever since Polkadots opened near UT's campus during my time at school I KNEW that they would have to be the ones to do my wedding cake. Olga and her team not only make delicious desserts, but they're so pretty too! Working with her was so easy and fun and she really was able to give us everything we wanted---a little wedding cake for cutting, mini cupcakes, and mini cookies--something for every palate! And on the day of the wedding she even gave us a little goodie bag complete with the full-size version of the cupcakes we served and a very sweet card. We could not be happier with how everything turned out and I cannot wait to get back to Austin and Olga's delicious cupcakes!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Olga was great to work with from the start. We had an unfortunate experience that she went the extra mile to get resolved. The cake was sooooo good! We had guests asking for take home bags the week after when they found out we had leftovers.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I loved working with Olga at Polkadots. She created a two-tier wedding cake and the design was beautiful and based off of our invitations. She also made mini cupcakes. I needed some to be gluten-free and that was easy enough for Olga! Everything was delicious, pretty, and exactly what I wanted. I totally recommend Olga!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I am so glad I used Polka Dots for my wedding cupcakes! Olga was so great to work with and helpful. In my experience, wedding cake (or wedding cupcakes) can have the tendency to not be very good, these cupcakes are the opposite which is why I picked Polka Dots. The frosting is light as air and the cupcakes aren't so sweet that your jaw hurts when you take a bite. They are delish! We had 4 different flavors (mint chocolate, vanilla, strawberry shortcake & red velvet) and I received tons of compliments on them after our wedding! If you want something good, go to Polka Dots!

Lexi & Jim Rourke

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Ever since the cupcake craze started, I knew I wanted cupcakes at my wedding for the sole reason that they can be prepared fresh the day-of. I absolutely did not want a cake that was made a week in advance and then frozen.

When we got engaged and decided to have a mini-destination wedding in Austin, we knew Polkadots would be our cake vendor. Our friends used them for their wedding, and I thought they were the best cupcakes I've ever had. We were so sure of our decision that we didn't have any other cake tastings, which is the best part of wedding planning!

Olga doesn't usually have tastings on the weekend, but she made an exception for us, since we live out of town, which was so sweet on her part. We tried 5 different flavors and had a difficult time narrowing down which ones we wanted because they were all so good! In the end, we went with honey & chai, dulce de leche, strawberry shortcake, chocolate peanut butter, and chocolate vanilla. We ordered about 20% more cupcakes than we needed, and they were all gone by the end of the night, like I knew they would be. My only regret is not ordering more to take home.

Olga and her team are so incredibly talented and artistic. I "like" Polkadots on Facebook and see the work they do - it's amazing! To top it all off, Olga was so sweet to send me home with some surprise treats, which I didn't discover until the day after the wedding.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Delicious!!!! I had the strawberry cream cake, she did chocolate cake pops and cupcakes as well. I tasted others that looked good but did not taste good. Not the case here, it was beautiful and it was amazing. If you want a good cake I highly recommend Polka Dots Cup Cake Factory.

Stephanie
12/16/2012

Both my husband and I have been LONG-time patrons of Polkadots (I think since they opened). I had and still have an unhealthy craving for cupcakes on an almost weekly basis and Polkadots let me indulge myself :p Since we've been enjoying their cupcakes since we were undergrads at UT, it was a no-brainer to have them make our sweets for our wedding!

Olga was very prompt in communicating through email and we set up a tasting/planning session soon after I first contacted her. At the tasting, the cupcakes were, of course, delicious and moist! Olga even went through the trouble of recreating a cake flavor J & I were looking for but couldn't find. She was also very helpful in suggesting different ways we can display our cupcakes. Polkadots has platters and display towers you can rent, so you don't have to worry about having to contact yet another vendor for those things. On the day of our wedding, the delivery went off without a hitch! All of our guests enjoyed the cupcakes and the variety of flavors. Olga even made a special to-go box of cupcakes for me and J - we weren't expecting it, so we were pleasantly surprised :o)

The only reason why I took off half a star for quality was because the cake was more pink than I was expecting. This might have been because of miscommunication/colors not displaying the same on different computer monitors. I was hoping for a light pink/blush color but I received a bubblegum pink cake. I was also hoping to see a picture of me & J's cake on Polkadot's Flickr page along w/all the other pretty cakes and cookies but it wasn't there. Overall, we had a very good experience w/Olga and Polkadots. We still walk over to the shop for a cupcake every now and then!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Olga and the Polkadots team created the perfect cake and cupcakes for my wedding- exactly what I asked for. We received many compliments on our wedding cake, Blackbottom, and Honey & Chai cupcakes.

On my wedding day, Olga also surprised the bridal party with delicious cake pops. After booking Polkadots, I have become a regular at her store (best cupcakes in Austin!) and have gotten to know her. She is so kind and caring and puts passion in everything she does.

A million thanks to you, Olga- everything was perfect :)