Plum Salon and Spa

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

After being a bridesmaid before in 9 weddings, I knew as the bride I wanted to ensure a fun, relaxing yet smooth wedding day for my bridal party. Plum Salon and Spa helped us to create that for my ladies. From nails to hair to makeup the salon has it all and can provide that with drinks, a private bridal suite and amazing staff. I loved the organization of the scheduling, the flexibility of payment (tip and gratuity already included ahead of time) and the talent of the staff at the salon. Everything went so smoothly and helped to start off our wedding day without any issues! Thank you to the entire staff for helping to keep everyone calm on a day that can at times seem chaotic and stressful!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Plum Salon was a good pick for our hair and makeup. It was close to the venue so that the bridesmaids could go back to the room and drop off stuff when they were done. The pricing was a bit high but it was worth it in the end. Everyone was very nice and made us feel comfortable. The quality of the work was good it lasted through our hot day. I'd recommend them to anyone :)

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I had an all-around fantastic experience at Plum Salon and Spa for my wedding, for which we used a variety of services. First of all, they were so professional, responsive and organized. Secondly, I love the way the place is decorated and the ambiance is great. And last but not least, all our services were excellent.

The day before the wedding I had a facial with Lauren and it was the best facial I've ever had! It's amazing that she could make a bride feel that relaxed the day before the wedding, and my skin looked amazing for the rehearsal dinner that night. My mom and I did mani/pedi that day and they were fun,good quality, looked great and lasted a long time.

Then the day of the wedding I had a group of my girlfriends doing a variety of services, and they gave us a private room to keep our stuff and I even changed into my dress there. The experience was so fun and there was another bridal party there but it never felt crowded or crazy. Everything was organized and on-time. The staff were extremely easygoing and professional. Alana did an amazing job with my hair and makeup (I did a preview with her two weeks before, which was totally worth the money). She really listened to what I wanted and was a perfectionist, which I appreciated. I got so many compliments, and my hair held in place for the next 10 hours or so, until the end of the night when I took it out. My mom, the groom's mom, and one of my girlfriends also got makeup done and they looked great.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Plum Salon and Spa for spa or salon services, and would recommend them to anyone in the area for bridal services.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Plum Salon was very convenient since we were married at the Cork Factory. The team was very accommodating to my needs and treated us so well. They were flexible and added appointments that we needed on short notice. Jennifer did an outstanding job with my hair. Everyone treated us so well. It was a pleasure to go to this salon!! I highly recommend Plum Salon!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

We got married at the Cork Factory hotel so using Plum Salon was perfect since it’s right next-door! Booking the bridal party was simple and we were easily able to make changes as needed. Everyone looked beautiful. We were all pleased with how our hair and make up turned out! Erika did my bridal hair and make up and it couldn't have been more perfect!

1 Review
Recently Married
0.5

There were 4 appointments scheduled for our bridal party on Saturday 9/14/2014. They arrived on time, and were assured that they would all be able to get pedicures, and manicures before the rehearsal dinner at 5:00pm. At 5:00pm, your staff was still not completed with doing the brides nails. She only had 3 nails done, and was given the decision to have them taken off, or to finish, and be even more late to her rehearsal dinner. (Which was not a viable option).

She had the 3 nails removed that were done. She was treated poorly by the staff, and was blamed for the outcome. However, her nails would have been completed if it were not for the slowness of the staff. During the entire appointment, they were very slow and not focused on the tasks at hand. They were often leaving to get drinks, snacks, and complete other tasks like sweeping the floor.

Not only was this an issue, but the other services that were completed were very poor. The bride's toe nails were completely smudged. The next day she came in to have her nails done, and asked that they fix her toenails. Instead of removing the polish, they just painted over the smudges, which was not appropriate. It took them an hour and a half on this day to give her an awful looking gel manicure.

The one bridesmaid's gel manicure was awful. You could still see her previous blue nail polish under her new manicure. The other bridesmaid's gel manicure also looked awful.

Every pedicure given was also awful. They did not massage the correct areas of the legs, and hardly scrubbed the feet. The bride asked that her toenails be cut short, and they were not cut at all.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Plum salon and spa was the perfect place to get our hair done for our wedding. The stylist there were SO sweet and SO talented. Jen did my hair and I was so blessed to have her- she was so sweet and kept me smiling throughout my wedding morning. She also did such an AMAZING job on my wedding hair and makeup. Plum salon and spa provided mimosa's for us while we got our hair done and let us bring in breakfast. They made sure to get us done and out the door in the time we needed. All of my bridal party loved them!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

The Plum Salon and Spa was a beautiful and professional location for my bridal party to prepare for the wedding. The booking and payment process was stress-free. We all loved the bridal party suite where we could relax, eat snacks and sip on champagne while we were all getting beautified! All of the bridesmaids' hair looked beautiful. I LOVED my bridal hair and make-up by Erica.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

The Plum Salon and Spa was wonderful from consultation to the day of the wedding. Erika did an amazing job on my hair and makeup and I have never felt as beautiful as I did that day. On my trial day, we figured out some tweaks that executed perfectly the day of (even if it meant her getting barefoot to help with my veil while in my dress later that day)! The bridesmaids and mothers looked amazing as well. Everyone was pleased with their finished look. The salon was so welcoming the morning of and I enjoyed a morning of pampering. It was well worth the cost to have everything right in the same area and be able to walk from our rooms, to the salon, to the ceremony!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

The Plum Salon and Spa was absolutely amazing from consultation to the day of the wedding. Stefani did an awesome job on my hair and makeup and I have never felt so beautiful and stunning as I did that day. On my trial day, we realized my hair was too thin and short to complete the look I wanted. Stefani provided me with the necessary suggestions to make the look work. She was right and I am so glad I listened to her. My hair was perfect and I couldn’t wait to take off that veil! The bridesmaids and mothers looked amazing as well. Everyone was pleased with their finished look. The salon was so welcoming the morning of and I enjoyed a morning of pampering despite the nerves.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Thanks to the staff at the Plum Salon my daughter looked absolutely beautiful on her wedding day along with the wedding party and yes me the mother of the bride. Thanks for making us all "glamorous" for the day.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Amazing Salon!!! The space is beautiful and the service is awesome! I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup, I have never felt so beautiful as I did on my wedding day, thanks to Plum Salon and Spa. They were great from the consultation to the day of. I was calm and had the space to have breakfast while we all got our hair and makeup done.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

My girls and I all loved the Plum Salon. All the services were exceptional.

The Plum Salon really goes out of their way to make sure you and the girls feel comfortable and special. We did our mani/pedis on Friday before the wedding - they allow you to bring in food and just relax their for the afternoon in the nail suite. I followed my mani-pedi up with a blow out for the rehearsal dinner. Katelin - I highly recommend for a blowout (and I've had a few with my frizzy mane!). On the day of the wedding Plum Salon provided some mimosas for us that morning then took us away to begin our updos and makeup. The girls loved their updos - very sophisticated and classy, just want we wanted.

In particular, Lani the owner, was simply wonderful. Lani did my hair. I did a trial about 2 months before with her. She's so experienced and it really shows. I loved my hair!

The salon is itself is beautiful and very clean.

1 Review
2+ years ago
0.2

This was the only vendor that I regretting booking for my wedding. It caused a lot of stress and worry in an otherwise exciting time. After touring the salon at an open house for my venue it seemed very cute and friendly. However, they were extremely unprofessional in the way they handled an issue when the stylist that had done my initial trial quit prior to my wedding. The new stylist they had assigned to me could not work with my hair to get it close to what I had done at my previous trial and did not listen to how I wanted my make up. After voicing my concern that she was not a good fit for my wedding day and that I would like a different stylist I was told I would need to pay another $200 for another trial even though I had been perfectly happy with the first stylist and it was not my fault that she had left. When I said that I did not feel that it was appropriate that I would have to pay again I was told that I should find a different salon for my wedding, which was only two weeks away! Needless to say this was extremely upsetting and stressful. Luckily another salon close by was extremely accommodating and did a great job. I am not usually one to post a negative review but I don't want this to happen to another bride.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

My bridesmaid and myself used Plum salon for our nails, hair and makeup and I couldn't have made a better choice of a salon to pick! The salon is BEAUTIFUL and modern!!! They make you so comfortable and really catered to us! Lani, the owner, did my hair and she did an AMAZING job! She is super down to earth and you can tell she truly loves making her brides beautiful for their special day! Amanda did my makeup and it couldn't have been more perfect! She is truly talented and loves doing her job! We had such a relaxing and great time getting ready that it really started my big day off perfectly! Use Plum for all your bridal needs :) :)

Services Used: Beauty & Health

All of the staff at the spa did a great job - the girls, moms, and I all felt super relaxed as we got ready for the big day. I would suggest you ask them if there will be other weddings getting ready at the salon on the same day as you. It wasn't a problem at all that we were 1 of 2 wedding parties that day but I could see how it might feel rushed if there had been more than 2.
Overall we were all happy - the staff was calming and listened to all of us to get the look that each girl wanted. They also gave us a bottle of champagne to enjoy in the small bridal suite. It was really nice to have a place to sit and chat while waiting to get our hair done! Would definitely use them again.