Pick Me! Weddings and Event Design

Value
Flexibility
Recently Married
1.1

Rami was completely out-of-touch with the needs of my wife, my family and my guests. While she did complete some tasks well, these glimmers were far outweighed by things she did poorly (or not at all). For that reason, I will caution any person considering her as an event coordinator – if our day was successful, it was not because of Rami's efforts, but rather in spite of them. Simply put:
1. After she received our deposit, Rami became completely unavailable to my fiancé (via email, telephone or in person). She disappeared.
2. We contracted Rami to help coordinate the Welcome Dinner and our After-Ceremony Brunch – that is why we paid her an additional $500. At no time did she earn a single dollar of that sum. Ultimately, my mother-in-law located an establishment (after approximately 30 minutes of searching) that perfectly fitted our short list of requirements. Rami did not help (or even offer to help) with set up or breakdown, which is the main reason we contracted her in the first place.
3. Rami was rude to our guests. When a few name cards were misplaced (a mishap who’s blame falls solely on her shoulders), she refused them entry to the reception and made them sit outside while they awaited the arrival of the wedding party (after taking post-ceremony pictures).
4. Rami failed to set up approximately 1/3rd of the pre-determined decorations, opting to leave them in their original boxes under a table. When my mother-in-law noticed the dearth of decorations and offered to help, Rami assured her that she would take care of everything. Rami then promptly did nothing to rectify the situation and simply left it as it was.

Pick Me! Weddings and Event Design responded with the following comments:

I began my day at 7am picking up your donuts from Denver, arrived at the venue at 10am. Your decor was not ready to be put up as directed by the contract. No bulbs in light s to be hung, escort cards were not alphabitized as requested and not a single candle in its holder and price tags and stickers still on everything. The entire set up outside had to be moved in due to snow just before the reception after coming down from the mountain ceremony. I have over 50 emails from both the bride and mother, meet personally w them three times during planning (day of only not full planning) the groom requested an address to send a gratuity as he was leaving. I NEVER made anyone stay outside, it was snowing and i asked her to come in several times until I could figure out a place for her. I have never been rude to guest and if you read my other reviews you will see that. I apologize that you feel your wedding was ruined by my services. BTW this wedding is featured on Style Me Pretty!!!

Recently Married

Rami Carter of Pick Me Weddings and Event Design is a joy to work with on creating your special event or wedding. This begins with her initial meeting. Our wedding was a destination wedding and most of our communication was done via phone and email - she was fantastic about getting back to us with any questions in a prompt and thorough manner. She was a great listener and really worked to capture our vision for the wedding. She was instrumental in all aspects of our day. The team of professionals that she put together was fantastic from stylists to a private chef willing to put together an amazing dinner with very specific dietary requirements. She is an event/wedding coordinator worth her weight in gold! Thank you again Pick Me Weddings and Event Design!

Chris
12/31/2014

Where do I start? First of all we had 6 weeks to plan a New Year’s Eve Wedding. Yes, I said 6 weeks and this was no small affair with 27 people making up the total wedding party. Pick Me Weddings and Event Design to the rescue! Literally Rami flew in to save the day! We went through all the emotional uproar you usually go through in 12 months in a week (trying to find a venue, caterers, DJ, photographers, etc.) and Rami very calmly took us by the hand and lead us through the whole process. I, as Mother-of-the-Bride, did not want to be the “heavy” when rallying the troops once the big day was upon us either, so Rami and Pick Me took care of coordinating everything from the floral design, setting up the venue and timelines for all of the other vendors to arrive and do their jobs. Pure heaven is the only way I can explain the experience! I already had married one daughter off and knew what a job it was to coordinate the “total experience” of a wedding and was so happy to have Rami take care of all those responsibilities. What I appreciated most about Rami and Pick Me Weddings was the time she took to sit down and find out what my daughter wanted and needed for her perfect day. Rami was available and really listened to us, and in today’s busy world, having someone really invest their time to implement someone’s wishes is priceless in my book! Thank you! Thank you Pick Me for an enjoyable and beautiful Wedding Day!

Johnson-Moser Wedding
Videographer: Dream Driven Media www.dreamdrivenmedia.net
Fireworks: Fireworks Artistry www.fireworksartistry.com

Kathy
10/18/2014

I LOVED working with Rami. I travel for business almost every week and couldn't imagine how I would plan a wedding with my busy schedule. Rami made it easy! She provided me with wonderful vendor options and suggested some fun and creative ideas that made my wedding day even more special. Because of Rami's expertise, my wedding day was beautiful and stress free.

Services Used: Flowers, Wedding Planning

Rami is AMAZING!!! Everything went perfectly and her team was so helpful! We had absolutely no stress the entire day and was at ease so that we could enjoy time with family and friends! Rami made a beautiful venue even more beautiful with her special heartfelt touches. She was always checking in with us and our families. Just one of the many great examples of how much she cares is during the father/bride dance she noticed my Mom and Aunts tearing up and right away got them tissues. Although, this may be something so small to others this really showed how much she cares and how detail oriented she is!
During the planning process she was always available to answer my questions and give me great suggestions. We couldn’t imagine our special day without Rami there.
We would HIGHLY recommend her and her team! We don't know what we would have done without her!
Nikki & Ryan

Linda
07/05/2014

Living three states away from where my daughter lives and where the wedding would occur made me a little nervous but the first meeting with Rami and all those that followed put me at ease. She went above on helping make sure everything went well from the rehearsal, Welcome Dinner on Friday and the wedding on Saturday.

1+ year ago

Rami was great in every aspect from my first contact to weeks following the wedding. I could go on and on about her creativity, professionalism, kindness, etc. What really informs potential future business is how well she handles sticky, spur-of-the-moment situations, and if her help is worth the money. Her even keel demeanor and confidence helped every one relax, stay light-hearted, and never worry. Some examples stand out as Above and Beyond in my mind:
1. The florist proved overly challenging to work, scratch that, Deal with. Rami was ready to pull what ever it took to make up for the lack of service. Being that I never saw the florist that day, but had lovely flowers, I have faith that Rami was there to pick up any slack. Always had a plan B for every thing. (Flawless end result!)
2. Letting not the smallest thing past her, Rami overheard and saw a conversation during dinner between my Mother and myself regarding how to gather a large group of people together for a spontaneous College Alumni photo. I mentioned how I should have remembered to give the DJ the school Fight Song to rally every one. Rami found a recording of it within 20 seconds on a guest's cell phone, got it to the DJ and, ta-da, made it happen. (Guns Up!)
3. I was an indecisive Bride. Rami handled my lack of certainty quite well with patience and honesty. (I think she and the Groom swapped notes).
4. Rami was the eyes, ears, and hands for my Right-Brained-Organized Texas mother; having to host a medium-sized wedding in a small Colorado mountain town, to which my mother had never been. (The mother is extremely grateful.)
Is Rami Carter, Pick Me! weddings, worth the money? Yes, every penny. She was my "day-of" planner, but met with us enough times, kept us on track, along with endless emails, texts, and phone calls. Do yourself a favor for a care-free, beautiful, fun-filled wedding: Hire Rami Carter, Pick Me!

Christine
09/14/2013

I couldn't have been more pleased with my experience working with Rami and her team. Rami was always available to answer my millions of questions! Also, she went out of her way make our signature sangria for us and to hire more help to ensure that my day was perfect. There are so many positive factors about working with Rami and her team it's hard to mention them all, but one thing that stood out was that on the wedding day is that she went out of her way to hand our our gift bags that we spend time on, and ensure people were taking pictures with the Paloroid camera that we rented to use as our "guest book".
I would recommend Pick Me to anybody that asked.

2+ years ago

Rami is heaven sent, not only is she a genius when it comes to flowers but she takes a load off your shoulders when it comes to planning. She is overly accommodating and does a perfect job of recreating your vision and then making it look better than that. I walked into the venue and the flowers/decor was breathtaking. I couldn't be happier and all our guests could not believe their eyes upon arrival. I would recommend Pick Me! a thousand times over.

2+ years ago

My biggest regret of my wedding is that I didn't hire Rami and Pick me! to do all of my day-of coordination as well as the flowers (She just did the flowers and decor - which were phenomenal). Rami goes above and beyond for her clients and is a wonderful, friendly, fun, personable artist and wedding professional. HIRE HER NOW!!!!

2+ years ago

Rami did an excellent job with the flowers! The bouquets were unbelievably beautiful, and we got many compliments on them. She also let us borrow a ton of vases for all the tables in the ballroom, for no extra charge.

2+ years ago

Enjoyable to work with, knowledge of area of event.

Amy
07/28/2012

Rachel was amazing!!! Thank you for making my wedding a stress free event.

Haleigh
07/28/2012

From day one Rami and Pick Me! Floral & Event Design was not only attentitive and responsive but extremely organized to insure that all of our ideas on our "wish list" were met in the best way possible. I never had to worry about hearing back or following up with Rami as if I did need something I heard back the same day and she was always sure to touch base with me to make sure we were on track. As many people know planning a Wedding or large event is extremely time consuming and when dealing with multiple vendors it is such a breath of fresh air to have such professional and detailed human beings to work with.
When I showed up at Arrowhead on the day of the Wedding I was able to sweep up my GORGEOUS boquet from Rami, and everything was handled & executed to perfection so my now husband, our families and friends were simply able to ENJOY a wonderful occasion surrounded by beauty thank you to Rami & her staff. I would most certainly recommend Pick Me! to my friends & family in the future and will be sure to work with them in the future for other extremely important events mine & my families lives. There is something to be said for excellent customer service, beautiful talent & the ease of working with someone you know will do a SPECTACULAR JOB - and Rami & Pick Me! have all of that and beyond.

Kim
07/16/2012

Working with Rami and her team was an exceptional experience! They were excellent resources during the wedding planning process and the 'day-of' execution of everything could not have gone more smoothly, even when the wedding had to be moved inside at the last minute due to weather. The staff from Pick Me went to great lengths to ensure that all of our guests had a wonderful time. Rami even went as far as to drive to the cabin my mother-in-law was staying in to get her a more comfortable pair of shoes! The flowers at our wedding were even more beautiful than I could have imagined, as well! Pick Me always had our wants and budget in mind and it was so much fun to work with them!

Services Used: Flowers, Wedding Planning

Rami at Pick Me! was great to work with. She made my vision of red wedding flowers come to life. She was very responsive and worked with our schedule to get flowers dropped off at two different locations. She worked with our budget and was not pushy whatsoever. She allowed us to supply the centerpieces and vases to keep our costs down and avoid returning materials to her after the wedding. The bride and bridesmaid bouquets were exactly what I envisioned. I wish I would have communicated more clearly what we wanted for the boutonnieres and pin-on corsages. I felt like they were a little weak looking compared to the rest of the flowers. Overall Rami did a great job and I would recommend her wedding flower arrangements for any weddings, especially in Grand County. Support local!