Paper Dolls Wedding Hair & Makeup

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I booked Carrie to do my hair and makeup for an engagement session in April. From the moment I spoke with her on the phone I know I loved her! She really cares about the bride and it doesn't feel like you're talking to a business owner who is just trying to make money. She really wants to work with people who want to look and feel amazing! Her studio is amazing, and her work is so fantastic! I loved that she took time to get to know what I was looking for.

I got so many compliments when people saw my photos! My fiancee and I live in PA so we unfortunately can't use her for our wedding (if we had unlimited funds, she would be my girl!!!)

I am so grateful to have been given her name!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Carrie is awesome! She made myself and my whole wedding party look and feel beautiful! She is so talented and is able to recreate any look. Aside from being talented she is also such a kind person, very easy to get along with and talk to. It was a pleasure to work with her and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to get their hair and make up done in the Charleston area!

Ashlyn
1 Review
06/06/2015

Carrie is such a treasure. She did my hair and makeup for my wedding in Charleston- June 2015. Carrie made me feel so comfortable and at ease throughout the entire planning process. I was very nervous about the bridal trial because I had previously completed a trial with a different Charleston hair/makeup company and it was a disaster. Carrie reassured me that PaperDolls would be a better experience and she was so right! It was a fantastic experience all around. In all, I did a hair trial, bridal portrait makeup, my mom did a hair trial with her and my wedding day (plus all my bridesmaids). PaperDolls is the most professional hair/makeup company I have ever used- she was actually ahead of the time schedule on the wedding day which is such an accomplishment!!! I had so many compliments from guests that I was "glowing"- the makeup was flawless and my hair held up for the entire day (8+ hours)!!!! Thank you Carrie and PaperDolls for all that you did to make me the most beautiful version of myself on my wedding day! - Ashlyn

Private User
Recently Married

Carrie was great! She met myself and my bridesmaids at our location and did her magic. My makeup and hair was gorgeous and it stayed that way all night.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Carrie was amazing. From the very beginning she was responsive and helpful, which is so important when you are planning a wedding from another country! She was really easy to get along with and when she did my trial, not only did I enjoy a nice glass of wine, she got my hair and makeup perfect the first time around!! I am not sure how she did it, but on the wedding day, it turned out even better, I absolutely loved it!! Thank you so much!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I LOVED Shayla so much! She did such an amazing job with me, and I can not say enough wonderful things about her. From the time of our trial run, up until the day of my wedding, I knew that I was in the best hands. She is not only a wonderful artist, but also a kind person! I loved chatting with her almost as much as I loved how beautiful she made me! I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day, and she made it happen! Even when I had a less-than-stellar bridezilla "I'm late" moment, she was nothing but poised and efficient!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Paper Dolls is incredible!! I got my spray tan a few days before the wedding as well as all my bridesmaid and my hair and makeup. Carrie is so easy to communicate with and the day of the wedding we all felt like we were at the spa. Shayla did my hair and makeup and she is wonderful. I had so much fun talking with her and I cannot recommend Paper Dolls enough. Thank you!!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Carrie is the best. She listens well, leverages her experience to provide recommendations, and is super fun to be with; which is important if you are going to spend all day getting ready with someone! My hair was exactly what I asked for and it did not move the entire evening- which is a small miracle considering I have super fine hair. I also loved my makeup and felt absolutely gorgeous on my special day.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Carrie and her team did my hair/makeup as well as all of my bridesmaids hair for our wedding! They came to the location of our choice and were prompt and so professional! They did everything we asked to make us look completely flawless for my special day! I couldn't have imagined going with anyone else!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Carrie at Paper Dolls was amazing with helping me find the right stylist to complete my bridal look! She worked with me under a short time frame. Her stylist, Alise, was amazing!! She did 4 of my bridesmaids' looks and my own hair, and also came to our location to do it. I couldn't have asked for a better company to go through to do my hair for the wedding! Was so very happy with my experience!

Haley
11/22/2014

Carrie McLeod from Paper Dolls is so awesome!!! She is a real professional wedding hair & makeup artist. My bridal portrait I wanted two different looks at two different locations. She did an amazing job. The day of my wedding she was the best because it was a little chaotic on my part, but she handled it very well. I can't believe how fast she worked!!! She made the wedding....I looked the part that I wanted. An old Hollywood glam. Everyone is still raving on how beautiful I looked! Carrie is the best at her profession and her studio is great too. I love her.

Private User
Recently Married

I had the pleasure of working with Carrie and her team for my wedding, and I would highly recommend Paper Dolls! The team did a wonderful job with hair and make-up for myself, three bridesmaids, mother and grandmother on my wedding day. The team is very professional, efficient, flexible, and lots of fun. The team really listens to each person's request and is great at making adjustments to perfect each look. Truly a wonderful experience working with Paper Dolls, and they exceeded all of my expectations!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Carrie with Paper Dolls is AMAZING!!! I ended up doing the trial run before my engagement pictures, and I am obsessed with the outcome (I did the same look for the wedding day). My hair/makeup for the wedding looked so fabulous, and I strongly recommend hiring her! I have very thin blah hair, and she really can "make it do anything". For my bridesmaids, she and her assistants were able to recreate any picture for hair and/or makeup (all of them chose their own), and everyone looked so amazing! It is definitely the best wedding hair/makeup I have ever seen for the group as a whole (not just the bride). I loved getting to know her, and can't wait to have her do my hair again for another event.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Carrie was amazing!!!!! From engagement photos to bridal portraits and finishing up with the big day, she did awesome work and I love my hair and makeup. All of my bridesmaids were also so beautiful! I highly recommend Paper Dolls to everyone getting married in Charleston!!! Definitely worth every penny.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Carrie and her team were wonderful!! Very easy to work with, listened very well and always responded quickly! Highly recommend her - my hair and makeup was perfect!!

Megan
1 Review
11/01/2014

Carrie and Shayla were absolutely amazing to work with! Carrie is super quick to respond to emails and very friendly. Like every wedding, we had some things go not according to plan (i.e. grandmother rushed to the hospital, winds so strong the tent was ripped out of the ground, etc.) Carrie's laid back personality was just what I needed the day of my wedding. She was always calm and relaxed, which helped me chill out too. She and Shayla made sure my girls and I looked beautiful. We got compliments all night about how great our makeup and hair looked. My advice, go with the airbrush makeup and use PaperDolls! You will not be disappointed!