Paper Dolls Wedding Hair & Makeup

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I booked Carrie to do my hair and makeup for an engagement session in April. From the moment I spoke with her on the phone I know I loved her! She really cares about the bride and it doesn't feel like you're talking to a business owner who is just trying to make money. She really wants to work with people who want to look and feel amazing! Her studio is amazing, and her work is so fantastic! I loved that she took time to get to know what I was looking for.

I got so many compliments when people saw my photos! My fiancee and I live in PA so we unfortunately can't use her for our wedding (if we had unlimited funds, she would be my girl!!!)

I am so grateful to have been given her name!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Amanda was great! Friendly and professional. She completed make-up and eyelashes on my bridal party. She was on time and finished on time. Make-up was flawless. Carrie, the owner, is so responsive and quick! Overall, a great experience on my wedding day and would recommend them to anyone! (Also, pretty inexpensive, which is a great bonus for a wedding budget!).

Recently Married

By far THE BEST in the business for hair and makeup. I booked them for both my boudoir session and wedding day and they were great! I received SO many compliments on my hair and makeup. If you want to look perfect on your big day, book them!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Carrie is absolutely wonderful! She is such a professional, so patient, detailed, and calm. She genuinely wanted to find a style that was right for me and was willing to keep working with me on styles until we found one together. I showed Carrie a picture of exactly how I wanted my hair styled and she NAILED it on the very first try. My hair is very thick and frizzy, so the humidity in Charleston is tough for my strands. My hair looked perfect all night and stayed in place perfectly all night long. I felt like a princess and couldn't have been happier working with Carrie. She also made my bridesmaids and mom look stunning and made us all together look and feel amazing! I would 100% recommend her to all brides! She is THE BEST!

Recently Married

I chose Paper Dolls to do makeup and hair for my wedding because Shayla had also done my sister's wedding and I was so impressed. I had an initial trial and showed Shayla a picture of the hair style I wanted and she created magic! My hair looked exactly like the picture, doing hair is like playing music by ear for her! Shayla was so much fun and did a wonderful job. I would recommend her to any bride. Here are pictures: http://www.danacubbageweddings.com/blog/chelsey-matt-july-4th-creek-club-at-ion-wedding/

Recently Married

Carrie is awesome! She made myself and my whole wedding party look and feel beautiful! She is so talented and is able to recreate any look. Aside from being talented she is also such a kind person, very easy to get along with and talk to. It was a pleasure to work with her and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to get their hair and make up done in the Charleston area!

Ashlyn
1 Review
06/06/2015

Carrie is such a treasure. She did my hair and makeup for my wedding in Charleston- June 2015. Carrie made me feel so comfortable and at ease throughout the entire planning process. I was very nervous about the bridal trial because I had previously completed a trial with a different Charleston hair/makeup company and it was a disaster. Carrie reassured me that PaperDolls would be a better experience and she was so right! It was a fantastic experience all around. In all, I did a hair trial, bridal portrait makeup, my mom did a hair trial with her and my wedding day (plus all my bridesmaids). PaperDolls is the most professional hair/makeup company I have ever used- she was actually ahead of the time schedule on the wedding day which is such an accomplishment!!! I had so many compliments from guests that I was "glowing"- the makeup was flawless and my hair held up for the entire day (8+ hours)!!!! Thank you Carrie and PaperDolls for all that you did to make me the most beautiful version of myself on my wedding day! - Ashlyn

Recently Married

Carrie was great! She met myself and my bridesmaids at our location and did her magic. My makeup and hair was gorgeous and it stayed that way all night.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Carrie was amazing. From the very beginning she was responsive and helpful, which is so important when you are planning a wedding from another country! She was really easy to get along with and when she did my trial, not only did I enjoy a nice glass of wine, she got my hair and makeup perfect the first time around!! I am not sure how she did it, but on the wedding day, it turned out even better, I absolutely loved it!! Thank you so much!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I LOVED Shayla so much! She did such an amazing job with me, and I can not say enough wonderful things about her. From the time of our trial run, up until the day of my wedding, I knew that I was in the best hands. She is not only a wonderful artist, but also a kind person! I loved chatting with her almost as much as I loved how beautiful she made me! I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day, and she made it happen! Even when I had a less-than-stellar bridezilla "I'm late" moment, she was nothing but poised and efficient!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Paper Dolls is incredible!! I got my spray tan a few days before the wedding as well as all my bridesmaid and my hair and makeup. Carrie is so easy to communicate with and the day of the wedding we all felt like we were at the spa. Shayla did my hair and makeup and she is wonderful. I had so much fun talking with her and I cannot recommend Paper Dolls enough. Thank you!!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Carrie is the best. She listens well, leverages her experience to provide recommendations, and is super fun to be with; which is important if you are going to spend all day getting ready with someone! My hair was exactly what I asked for and it did not move the entire evening- which is a small miracle considering I have super fine hair. I also loved my makeup and felt absolutely gorgeous on my special day.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Carrie and her team did my hair/makeup as well as all of my bridesmaids hair for our wedding! They came to the location of our choice and were prompt and so professional! They did everything we asked to make us look completely flawless for my special day! I couldn't have imagined going with anyone else!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Carrie at Paper Dolls was amazing with helping me find the right stylist to complete my bridal look! She worked with me under a short time frame. Her stylist, Alise, was amazing!! She did 4 of my bridesmaids' looks and my own hair, and also came to our location to do it. I couldn't have asked for a better company to go through to do my hair for the wedding! Was so very happy with my experience!

Haley
11/22/2014

Carrie McLeod from Paper Dolls is so awesome!!! She is a real professional wedding hair & makeup artist. My bridal portrait I wanted two different looks at two different locations. She did an amazing job. The day of my wedding she was the best because it was a little chaotic on my part, but she handled it very well. I can't believe how fast she worked!!! She made the wedding....I looked the part that I wanted. An old Hollywood glam. Everyone is still raving on how beautiful I looked! Carrie is the best at her profession and her studio is great too. I love her.

Recently Married

I had the pleasure of working with Carrie and her team for my wedding, and I would highly recommend Paper Dolls! The team did a wonderful job with hair and make-up for myself, three bridesmaids, mother and grandmother on my wedding day. The team is very professional, efficient, flexible, and lots of fun. The team really listens to each person's request and is great at making adjustments to perfect each look. Truly a wonderful experience working with Paper Dolls, and they exceeded all of my expectations!