Paniolo Ranch Events

4.7
Flexibility
Melissa
01/03/2015

I chose Paniolo Ranch as my wedding venue and had the most beautiful, perfect wedding that far exceeded my expectations! We selected the "Sweetest Nuptials" package because we wanted something small and intimate. We only visited the venue once prior to the wedding and met with Judy to go over some details and preferences. After that, I only emailed her a few times with pictures of bouquets and cakes I liked. I was a little nervous because I knew Judy handled both the flowers and the cake, as well as the photography. I was sure there was no way one person could do all of that and do it well. Well, let me assure you that I was wrong! Judy created the most beautiful bridal bouquet! It was far prettier than any of the Pinterest pictures I had sent her. The cake was also spectacular and tasted great! She also photographed the wedding ceremony, and although I have not seen all of those shots yet, I am very pleased with the ones I have seen! Judy is an incredibly talented woman, so do not doubt her for one second! She will make sure everything is beautiful and just as you had wanted. In addition to the flowers, cake, and photography, Judy also has painted a majority of the artwork hanging in the rooms there, and her paintings are incredible! After seeing how talented she is, I have a new goal to be like Judy when I grow up! She has also done an amazing job of making all of the rooms at the ranch comfortable, clean, and luxurious. We stayed in the bridal suite, which I would recommend for the honeymoon night. It has spectacular views, a Jacuzzi tub that overlooks the hills, an electric fireplace in the bedroom, and very romantic decor. I cannot say enough positive things about our wedding experience at Paniolo Ranch! I would do it all again in a heartbeat! We look forward to visiting for future anniversaries.

Michelle
12/13/2014

My wedding was 12.13.14. Weather was going to be our only concern since that makes it an indoor wedding instead of an outdoor. Judy made sure I had the best venue for my ceremony if it was in or out. Thankfully it was outside. Everything went perfect. Judy, her family & staff made the day seamless. I did not have a single BrideZilla moment & that is thanks to the work & efforts of Judy & her staff. I wouldn't change a thing & we are going back to enjoy a relaxing weekend soon.

4.2

Let me start by saying that I'm so glad we chose Paniolo Ranch for our wedding. The venue is breathtaking, and it set the tone for the whole wedding. We had looked at a lot of other venues before we drove up to Paniolo, and the second we pulled in the driveway, I told my then fiance, "This is it." The only reason I'm not giving it five stars all around is that I definitely experienced some of what other reviewers have mentioned about the lack of staff responsiveness and communication. Though we always eventually got an answer, we frequently had to stay on top of the staff for days when we asked questions. This especially made me a little nervous when we rented our linens from them. The numbers changed several times and since we sometimes didn't get confirmation of receipt, I was definitely worried that we might show up and find we didn't have enough. This didn't happen, though. Everything went off without a hitch. My only other complaint is that because there was a wedding at the venue the night before ours, we didn't get access to the venue until 12:00pm the day of the wedding. I don't know what the policy is at other venues, but we definitely could have used some extra time to set up. I hadn't even had time to shower when the make-up artist arrived at 3:30pm. All this being said, I wouldn't have wanted to get married anywhere else. Several of our guests told us that it was the most beautiful wedding venue they had ever been to. To top it off, the fact that there is a B&B on site means that my now husband and I can go back and visit whenever we want, and we definitely plan to do so.

Jennifer
10/24/2014

My Husband and I tied the knot at the beautiful Paniolo Ranch on October 24th and it was a huge success. The number one question I received from my guests throughout the night was, "how did you find this place?" Everyone was floored at how beautiful the venue is, from the natural beauty of the Hill Country as a backdrop, to the beautiful on-site landscaping and stonework. When I was originally looking for our venue, I knew that I didn't want the themey barn wedding that has become so popular, instead a place that showcases Texas' beauty without being so literally "country". Paniolo is just this. It has just the perfect amount of rustic touches to go with the elegant furnishings and finishes. The pictures on the website won me over but even the pictures don't do this place justice. It is even more beautiful in person and we didn't look further after our first visit to Paniolo. One of my concerns about going with an outdoor ceremony was having to move inside if the weather didn't cooperate but the indoor venue's walls open up so that there is an outdoor feel if the ceremony has to take place indoors. I would have been equally happy with the ceremony, had that been the case. In fact we did have the walls pushed up during our reception and it was a big hit with our guests. They loved being able to move from indoor to outdoor while still being part of the reception. Judy and the team are extremely nice and were very accommodating to us. Our families also stayed at the houses on the ranch and they were all very nice, clean, and comfortable. They too are beautifully decorated. If you are considering Paniolo, please go see this place in person, you will not be disappointed. I'm so happy we did!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My now wife and I had a great wedding experience this past weekend at Paniolo Ranch in Boerne, TX. Eight months ago we were trying to decide where to have our ceremony. We live in Houston and most of our family is here. We originally thought we would only consider local options, but a friend from church suggested we look outside of Houston for a more original venue. Our friends mentioned that they stayed at the Bed and Breakfast portion of Paniolo Ranch and informed us that there was a gorgeous out door chapel. We checked out the web site and contacted the ranch to schedule an appointment. In addition to the chapel, they also have a reception hall on site that was perfect for our party.

We drove through Boerne on the way to the ranch and was impressed with the hills and surroundings. The atmosphere was very inviting. The venue was perfect! We instantly knew we wanted to have the wedding there. We had plenty of space and seating for the venue and reception hall. There was also enough space for parking.

We had our wedding last Sunday on June 8th. Everything was perfect and the facility looked great. My wife loved the bridal suite and I had just enough plenty of space in the grooms room. All the bathrooms were clean and it was like we were in a 5 star resort. If you are looking for an original place to get married or to have a great get away, call Hunter and Judy Kennell at the Paniolo Ranch. We will be going back there for future family outings. Thank you!

Brian and Candy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. I cannot tell you how happy it makes us to hear such a glowing review. A successful wedding is what makes our job rewarding.

Kristal
06/07/2014
0.0

The Owner Judy ruined my wedding with her attitude and last minute "you have to pay" charges ON EVERYTHING. She got in my fathers face and yelled at him for a ONE beer can left in the garden the day after the wedding and demanded an $100 cleaning charge! Also, Charged us $75 for ice the day of the wedding! My Caterer opted to purchase our own ice in order to avoid that extra expense and she told us there was no off site ice allowed. So we were forced to make that payment in order to have cold beverages at the wedding. Furthermore, she turned off the ice maker right before the reception so we ran out. The catering kitchen manager did not notice it was off until it was empty. We had to send someone for ice in the nearest town 30 minutes away... one way so that we could have cold drinks. She also turned off the air conditioning several times on our JUNE wedding, even though we were charged EXTRA for it. Yeah, air conditioning doesn't come with the room charge. And the room charge doesn't come with the base charge of $9000 (that charge was just for the WALLS, we paid for every single thing on top of that.) My mother was locked out of our room at 3 am. Her reasoning was she needed to make sure that there were only three people staying in the room. She saw there were a bunch of us in the hot tub and she wanted to know where everyone else was staying. They were our guests sobering up before their drive home. I repeat, this was the absolute worst experience of my life.. None ever came close to how awful this woman was. The saving grace is that it is a beautiful venue and we had an amazing time regardless. I could go on even further but I believe I've made my point. My advice, do yourself a favor and find somewhere just as beautiful with half the expense and hassle.

Paniolo Ranch Events responded with the following comments:

It really is disturbing when we receive a review as the one posted on 6/11/14 by Karen B. We know that we cannot be everything to everyone and there are times that we make mistakes or situation occurs that we have no control over. But these complaints in our opinion are rooted in complete misunderstanding stemming from a contractual agreement and discussions that you were not party to. We never take offense by our guests opinions and criticism when based in truth and honest facts. I am not going to spend the time to answer every complaint because;

to answer them all would make it necessary for me to go sentence by sentence to correct the misinformation stated in every detail. For clarification, I will briefly answer a few. All details of the wedding contract are discussed in great detail with the party signing the contract. You were not that party. Our gratuity is listed on the website as well as the contract and on all invoicing throughout the preparation process. Yes, there were doors locked because you did not have access to all the areas until the day of the wedding and rental period began. We did not plan on letting your kitchen staff into the kitchen to wash dirty dishes on Friday for the wedding on Saturday. We expect a caterer's dishes used for a wedding to arrive clean. Our kitchen lights and air conditioning are on timers and shut off automatically, especially when the room is not rented. We never turned off the ice machine and we always allow ice brought in by anyone that does not want to use our ice. And yes, there is a charge for it but it is up to the paying party if they want to use that option. Yes, when all of our doors are open to the outside the air is shut off. There would be no point in trying to air condition a room completely open on all three sides of the building.

Lastly, we will disturb our guests when their guests are urinating in front of management and furniture is ripped out of the wall.

1 person found this review helpful
Raymond
04/26/2014

Paniolo Ranch was perfect. We had a beautiful, small wedding with all the family. The grounds were beautiful and everything was wonderful. The wedding package we bought was just as described. Couldn't be happier.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are a middle aged couple and found it to be overwhelming to find a location and package for our wedding...until we found Paniolo Ranch. From the moment we met with Judy, saw the venues offered and the various packages we were so relieved. We found our place. Not only is it a beautiful location but the personal hands on service provided by her and the staff is unbelievable. The décor, the food, the settings, all perfect. We could not recommend a better location than Paniolo Ranch

2.2

While the venue is completely beautiful, there were a few factors that detracted from the overall experience. First, the venue was not always responsive to our wedding planner when we had concerns. Second, there is a 20% gratuity fee on top of the venue rental fee that we were not aware of until the final bill arrived a few weeks before the wedding. I'm still not sure what that was for. When we arrived the day of the wedding, I was not sure where to go as I hadn't been to the venue in months and hadn't been able to see the prep areas when I visited because they were in use. The staff was not incredibly helpful in helping us locate the proper area, which as a bride already under the stress of a wedding day was not ideal. Finally, we were told by the venue that we needed to decide on Thursday whether to set up tables inside or outside. We had picked the venue solely for the outside area and were really hesitant to go inside unless the weather absolutely prohibited it. On Thursday there was a 30% chance of rain. In Texas we all know how quickly that can change. It ended up working out, but I thought that it was rather inflexible to make a decision about setup over 2 days in advance.

Paniolo Ranch Events responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your nice comment on our venue. I am truly sorry that there were a few things that occurred that detracted from your experience here at the ranch. Our gratuity fee is always 15% not the 20% that you mentioned. If we made a mistake in your billing please let us know and we would be most happy to refund any over charges. Most all venues have a gratuity that is added to a portion of the bill or it is included in their fee. You said you were not aware of this until the final bill arrived. The gratuity charge is noted in the first paragraph of the contract that you signed on page one. We are truly sorry that you did not read this and were surprised upon final billing. As to set up. Every bride has the option to choose where they want their tables set up, if they want us to do this for them we are most happy to accommodate their needs. We have found that other venues do not offer this service and leave it up to the brides wedding coordinator to do it. I apologize if my staff did not seem helpful when you were already stressed out. We never want any of our brides unhappy but want to make their day very special. Your wedding was beautiful and I truly hope that you will remember all of the good things about that special day.

Lesly
12/03/2013

Paniolo Ranch met every expectation me and my now Husband were looking for. Judy who is the owner was very attentive to our every need. We searched numerous Bed & Breakfast locations until we found what we were looking for at Paniolo. This Ranch provided a peaceful, romantic getaway for the perfect wedding ceremony. Not to mention the beautiful scenic views surrounding us while we shared in this special moment. We would defiantly recommend Paniolo Ranch!!!!

Nicholas
10/17/2013

This venue was an Amazing ecperience for my wife and I. Judy (owner) was great throughout the entire experience!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What a beautiful place for a wedding...from the rehersal dinner on Friday night to the Wedding & Reception on Saturday evening/night. We were able to book the entire ranch for the whole weekend so the entire wedding party never had to leave. We selected the "I Did it My Way" & the "Aloha" packages and we were extremely happy with everything. Judy & Hunter did an excellent job. All the guests raved about what a beautiful wedding and the setting could not have been more perfect.

Private User
1+ year ago
3.8

The venue is absolutely beautiful. Top notch in every way.

Kathleen
08/10/2013

My husband and I tied the knot on this beautiful ranch. The scenery is breath taking! When we pulled up to see the venue for the first time I knew instantly it was the "place". My wedding day went smoothly and was just as I imagined. The wedding planner provided with the venue was extremely helpful and did most of the work. The honeymoon suite provided with the rental of the indoor reception room was amazing and romantic. Overall it was a great decision and I am very happy with my fairy tale wedding day!!!

Abby
07/13/2013

Paniolo was amazing! The staff there catered to all of my needs and were extremely pleasent to work with! I heard stories of things that have gone wrong at friends weddings and how stressful they were but at paniolo I had no worries and my wedding turned out perfectly! I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful place with better people!! Thank you paniolo for making my wedding day a dream come true!!

Private User
1+ year ago

If you are looking for a beautiful setting and simple (they will do everything for you-just buy your dress and show up!), this is the way to go! It was second wedding for both and we wanted an intimate setting for us and our 4 teenagers. This fit the bill!

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Cake