Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co.

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co.

Akron/Canton, OH
Value
Flexibility
4.7
[Private]

The food is amazing and the service before the wedding was awesome.

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Thank-you for letting us be part of your BIG day!

Recently Married

The food is delicious, the staff was so kind and warm to all of our wedding guests, and Leslianne made sure that everything was how we wanted it, even with changing numbers of guests and tables up until the last two weeks. We received such excellent service from Old Carolina from the first time that we contacted them through table planning, setup and wedding clean up (which they totally handle for you!) and couldn't be more grateful for how easy Leslianne made it for us. Thanks for the great food and great service for our special day!!

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Reviews like this are why we work so hard day in and day out! Thank-you for letting us be part of your special day - Leslianne

Recently Married

If you have an event, I cannot recommend Carolina Barbecue enough for the catering. From helping you to pick out the menu to the service on the day of event to clean- up they really do it all!

I know we are a little biased, but we really truly felt like our wedding was the best day ever! And a big part of the day going so well was Carolina Barbecue. I can't even begin to tell you about all of the compliments we have received about the team. In addition to the food being absolutely delicious, we heard time and time again how friendly and warm the staff was to all of the guests. We especially appreciated how organized dinner service was! Knowing our experience up until that point, we shouldn't have expected anything less, but it was just a relief knowing that everyone was able to get through the food line and back to their seats to enjoy their meals in such a timely manner. It's actually really funny because my aunt came up to me and was like Grace when is the dance floor opening up and I realized that everyone was getting antsy because they had eaten dinner so quickly!!

In addition to doing a great job with dinner service, the staff did a great job keeping the event space tidy throughout the evening. When we came back to the venue the next day to do final clean- up, nearly all our work had been done for us. All we had to do was take our centerpieces!

Also, if you are working with Angela you are in great hands!

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Thank-you for your review! Happy Angela and our team provided you with such wonderful service. Congratulations! Lesilanne

Services Used: Catering

We and our guests absolutely loved our food from Old Carolina. Angela out of the Stow location was great to work with,she accommodated our needs,and our changes we had last minute very gracefully and professionally. We were very happy with the serving staff on our wedding day a well. they were prompt and professional. We are very grateful that we chose Old Carolina as our caterer on our wedding day. Its nice to look back knowing you would still make the same choice.

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Thank-you so much for your awesome review! So happy Angela and our team provided such great service and left a lasting impression on you :) - Leslianne

Recently Married

Rocco was extremely helpful and easy to work with. He provided us an amazing tasting and showed us all of our linen options. As time got closer to the wedding he stayed in contact and was easy to get a hold of. The food tasted amazing and we're still eating left overs. The staff at the wedding was kind, professional, and even reminded me that I had special requested french dressing. I would definitely use them again!

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Thank-you so much for your great feedback! We LOVE Rocco too!!!!!! Congratulations and we hope to see you in one of our locations for dinner some time!

Services Used: Catering

Leslieanne was wonderful to work with and set us up with an awesome test meal for 4 people when selecting our menu - wow! The food was so delicious and loved by all - a few guests went back for second servings of pork and filled their entire plates! Everyone at Old Carolina was helpful and discrete during the reception and did a truly great job! The quality of the food and the price were unbeatable, a great combination at Happy Days Lodge - contributed to the "homey" feel of the evening!

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Thank-you so much Emily! You were great to work with as well! You're wedding was absolutely beautiful - Don't give up the ship! :) Leslianne

Services Used: Catering

Outstanding! The staff was very helpful and flexible when a few minor bumps happened at the reception(not anything to do with them) and the food was SO AMAZING!! GREAT VALUE! My husband and I searched several caterers and old carolina was over half the cost of other caterers. Everyone is till ranting about how good the food was! We made the right choice!

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Thank-you Stephanie!!!!!! Happy everything was perfect! Don't be a stranger :) Leslianne

Services Used: Catering

Our guests raved about the food choice we made for our daughter's reception. Many, many thanks to such wonderful staff from your Stow location. Leslieanne, it was wonderful!!! The food was fantastic!!

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Amanda - Thank-you so much! Happy to hear everything was wonderful! Cheers - Leslianne

Services Used: Catering

They have the best food around! I had family and friends from a bunch of different states with different back rounds. Everyone LOVED the food. I had compliments saying it was the best food they ever had. I was very impressed with all the service. They set up great & took care of the cake cutting for me. Leslie Ann was amazing to work with. She was very helpful from the beginning and answered all my questions right away.

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Thank-you so much Tricia!!!!! SO happy we could be part of your BIG day! Leslianne

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
Recently Married

We had old Carolina barbecue cater wedding and couldn't be happier about our decision. Everyone couldn't stop talking about the food! Workers were extremely friendly and professional. We paid a little extra for the package and it was worth every penny. They took care of tables chairs linens plates silverware cake table and etc we didnt have to worry about anything! Highly recommended!!

Thank-you very much! We appreciate your compliments! Leslianne

Services Used: Catering

Old Carolina did my wedding this weekend and the were just awesome. I got so many compliments on the food and the service. They did an awesome job of continually picking up empty plates and glasses to keep the table looking nice, I had many guests tell me that they were very sweet to them while also being "unobtrusive." The venue I used was not full service, so at the end of the night the Old Carolina staff helped me gather up all the decorations and things that I needed to take home with me so my bridal party could leave quickly and not spend a lot of time cleaning up. The day can not have ran smoother.

The company they work with for linen and place setting rentals has a ton of options, and they take care of lining up all of that so all you have to do is pick your styles!

I love, love, loved that they went to my venue the night before and put down all the linens so my bridesmaids and I could set up our homemade centerpieces before the rehearsal and not have anything to worry about or have to rush around the day of the wedding.

Leslianne is also great to work with. She responded quickly to my emails, was always on time for meetings (even if I wasn't, haha), and made sure I had everything I asked for, even when I changed linen colors and added extra rentals only one week out!

I also have to add that the staff at the actual restaurants were very nice as well, when we went in for meetings and to drop off contracts or checks. Always offered us a free drink...its a little thing but it makes an impression of great customer service.

Overall, fantastic.

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Thank-you for taking the time to write this awesome review Kaitlin! It was our pleasure to be part of your big day. Don't be a stranger at the restaurants - hopefully I will be there next time you stop by! Leslianne

Recently Married

We love barbeque so we had Old Carolina BBQ cater to our house for our rehearsal dinner. Everything was delicious, and they helped set up the table which was nice! Soooo yummy!!!

Jessica
06/07/2014

I've been married for 3 months and I'm still receiving compliments on how good the food was at our wedding. Their prices are affordable which includes outstanding service. Thank you Old Carolina for making our special day unforgettable!

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

You are so welcome! Thank-you for the fantastic review! We hope you enjoy many, many years of wedded bliss and are always happy to be part of our clients BIG day! Leslianne

Services Used: Catering

We used them to cater our rehearsal BBQ dinner . The young man that was came and set everything up arrived in a timely manner and was extremely professional and helpful! The food was great! Everyone had plenty to eat! Thank you for making our event a successful one!

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Thank-you for choosing us! We hope to be on speed dial in the future :) Leslianne

1+ year ago

very professional staff, definitely get your money's worth and EVERYBODY loved the food!!! Would highly reccomend to everyone.

1 Review
1+ year ago

Amazing!! Everyone loved the food and the staff was nice and professional. They did a great job. Would highly recommend to anyone. Great job!