Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co.

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co.

Extraordinary Barbecue Served with Genuine Hospitality

Akron/Canton, OH 44333 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres - Displayed, Ho...
Maximum capacity: 5000

(4.7 / 5.0)
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Throughout the planning process I emailed Leslianne Love. I asked many many questions and she answered quickly. Just through email I could tell that she and the company were approachable and willing to make your day as special as can be. The caterers who came to serve our food were nice. The food was amazing of course!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Outstanding! The staff was very helpful and flexible when a few minor bumps happened at the reception(not anything to do with them) and the food was SO AMAZING!! GREAT VALUE! My husband and I searched several caterers and old carolina was over half the cost of other caterers. Everyone is till ranting about how good the food was! We made the right choice!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our guests raved about the food choice we made for our daughter's reception. Many, many thanks to such wonderful staff from your Stow location. Leslieanne, it was wonderful!!! The food was fantastic!!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They have the best food around! I had family and friends from a bunch of different states with different back rounds. Everyone LOVED the food. I had compliments saying it was the best food they ever had. I was very impressed with all the service. They set up great & took care of the cake cutting for me. Leslie Ann was amazing to work with. She was very helpful from the beginning and answered all my questions right away.

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had old Carolina barbecue cater wedding and couldn't be happier about our decision. Everyone couldn't stop talking about the food! Workers were extremely friendly and professional. We paid a little extra for the package and it was worth every penny. They took care of tables chairs linens plates silverware cake table and etc we didnt have to worry about anything! Highly recommended!!

Thank-you very much! We appreciate your compliments! Leslianne

• Flexibility: 5.0

Old Carolina did my wedding this weekend and the were just awesome. I got so many compliments on the food and the service. They did an awesome job of continually picking up empty plates and glasses to keep the table looking nice, I had many guests tell me that they were very sweet to them while also being "unobtrusive." The venue I used was not full service, so at the end of the night the Old Carolina staff helped me gather up all the decorations and things that I needed to take home with me so my bridal party could leave quickly and not spend a lot of time cleaning up. The day can not have ran smoother.

The company they work with for linen and place setting rentals has a ton of options, and they take care of lining up all of that so all you have to do is pick your styles!

I love, love, loved that they went to my venue the night before and put down all the linens so my bridesmaids and I could set up our homemade centerpieces before the rehearsal and not have anything to worry about or have to rush around the day of the wedding.

Leslianne is also great to work with. She responded quickly to my emails, was always on time for meetings (even if I wasn't, haha), and made sure I had everything I asked for, even when I changed linen colors and added extra rentals only one week out!

I also have to add that the staff at the actual restaurants were very nice as well, when we went in for meetings and to drop off contracts or checks. Always offered us a free drink...its a little thing but it makes an impression of great customer service.

Overall, fantastic.

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Thank-you for taking the time to write this awesome review Kaitlin! It was our pleasure to be part of your big day. Don't be a stranger at the restaurants - hopefully I will be there next time you stop by! Leslianne

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We love barbeque so we had Old Carolina BBQ cater to our house for our rehearsal dinner. Everything was delicious, and they helped set up the table which was nice! Soooo yummy!!!

4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

All of our guests were excited when they found out we were having Old Carolina BBQ as our caterer. We received many compliments that night and for days to follow on the food. We even had some leftover food to take home that night! They showed up on time to the venue to set up and everything was ready to serve on time. The only thing that went wrong was that some of our rental chairs were wet from sitting out the night before the wedding. They went around and dried them off before the reception started....but some guests and some of our wedding party had some wet bottoms!!!

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Thank-you so much Ashley! We enjoyed being a part of your BIG day! So sorry about the chairs - I never in a million years thought they would be left outdoors all night. We will know for next time (or to bring towels!) :) Thank-you! Leslianne

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
Ashley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I've been married for 3 months and I'm still receiving compliments on how good the food was at our wedding. Their prices are affordable which includes outstanding service. Thank you Old Carolina for making our special day unforgettable!

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

You are so welcome! Thank-you for the fantastic review! We hope you enjoy many, many years of wedded bliss and are always happy to be part of our clients BIG day! Leslianne

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
Jessica
4.5/5.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

The food was very good, everyone seemed to enjoy it. We used the delivery catering and the delivery person was on time and very friendly. I wish that there had been some more flexibility. I initially spoke to one of the other catering managers for a different area who said they would work with me so that I could have formal catering even though we only needed catering for 30-40 and it usually requires a minimum of 50. He did tell me that it was up to the individual catering manager so I wasn't surprised that the Akron manager did not offer this and it wasn't a big deal so that was fine. The Akron manager was also not easy to contact by phone. The only time I actually spoke to her was when she needed payment. Otherwise, she was available by email which was ok as usually that is the easiest way for me to keep in touch as well! Overall, I was looking for good food for my casual, picnic wedding and I was very pleased.

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Thank-you for your feedback Amanda! Although we try to be as responsive as possible sometimes things slip through the crack with the volume of full service events we have. I am very happy the food and service were great on your delivery. We hope to help you again in the future! Leslianne

• Wedding: 06/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used them to cater our rehearsal BBQ dinner . The young man that was came and set everything up arrived in a timely manner and was extremely professional and helpful! The food was great! Everyone had plenty to eat! Thank you for making our event a successful one!

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Thank-you for choosing us! We hope to be on speed dial in the future :) Leslianne

• Wedding: 05/23/2014
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Old Carolina did a great job with the catering for our wedding. Our food was served hot, and everyone raved about the quality of the food. Many people went as far as to say that it was the “best” food that they had at a wedding. The meal itself was huge! If anyone goes home hungry, it’s their own fault! The only negative, I would say, is the limited appetizer options.

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Thank-you so much for your kind words! We appreciate every client and take pleasure in sharing special life events with them! Thank-you, Leslianne

4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There is nothing more to say other than they did an absolutely amazing job!!!

Thank-you very much! Short and sweet and to the point, we like it! - Leslianne

• Flexibility: 5.0

very professional staff, definitely get your money's worth and EVERYBODY loved the food!!! Would highly reccomend to everyone.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing!! Everyone loved the food and the staff was nice and professional. They did a great job. Would highly recommend to anyone. Great job!

1 Review
0.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Our experience with Old Carolina can only be described as a nightmare. Everything seemed fine and Stefanie, our event coordinator, was wonderful to work with, until the date of the event. However, the day of my wedding 30 guests did not receive meals. My wedding planner had to go out and buy extra salad while people waited hungry. Several people left to get food and came back. This was humiliating, to say the least.

As if this wasn't enough, though, my wedding planner contacted Todd, who is higher up in the company, requesting a refund for the food we did not receive. When my she sent that email, she received this in response from him:

"All misled communication of responsibility and denigration of my company to your client will have swift and heavy rebuttal from my legal council. Damages encountered from your misguided presumptions and false accusations will lead a road no one wants to pursue."

Several weeks in and we are still trying to get a refund to no avail...

I would never recommend Old Carolina BBQ, my experience has been truly awful.

Old Carolina Barbecue & Catering Co. responded with the following comments:

Old Carolina Barbecue Company respects every client's right to offer an honest review of our services. Unfortunately, the events here are grossly misrepresented. With 190 wedding guests ready to eat at a contracted 165 person event, the wedding planner demanded that her support staff of 9 or 10 eat first. There were so many, many other shortcomings of the wedding planner that Old Carolina staff had to overcome, it is evident that she is trying to hide her mistakes from the bride and groom. Hospitality Partners, Inc, the local Old Carolina franchise owner has desperately tried to work directly with the bride and groom and has not been permitted by the wedding planner to do so. The quote by Todd, the owner of the local franchise, was directed solely at the wedding planner after she demanded a full refund or she will "never stop bashing the Old Carolina Company name." Please factor in every review when making your decision to work with the honest and hard working crew of Old Carolina Barbecue Company.

1 Review
330-289-7046
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards