Okyne Medialab, Inc.

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We are still receiving compliments from everyone about how Al kept the party going and all of our guests - even the Indian aunties and uncles - were on the dance floor until the very end. On Friday, Al led a history-making procession down Michigan avenue with the groom & his family. . All of our guests were on the dance floor, which is a true testament to Al's ability to read the room, his extensive knowledge about us as a couple and our families, and his crazy special talent on the turntables. We didn't think it could get better on Saturday - until it did. Saturday was epic. Not only did Al artfully and gracefully mix together New Orleans bounce, 90's hip hop, & bollywood music, but he also picked the perfect song to accompany our photographer's slideshow, which made the slideshow so much more special. When our rowdy crowd began chanting "ONE LAST SONG" (which is the true sign of a good party), Al graciously played one more hit to close out the night. He worked seamlessly with our family and our wedding coordinator and helped us keep everything on schedule. It was clear through every moment of the weekend that he truly listened to everything we said and had a sense of who we were as a couple - which means more than you know. As my new husband said on Sunday morning, we would be much happier if Al could just DJ our life. Everyone is still talking about the epic dance party and our wedding weekend was so special because Okyne Medialab was a part of it.

Recently Married

Okyne Media Lab is the best! They provided an incredible planning experience and the entire team we had the pleasure of working with could not have been better! Okyne offers a unique service and is unlike typical wedding DJs - my (now) husband and I were looking for a DJ that would cater to the guest and keep the dancing and party going! We got to work with DJ Alan who did exactly that - the music was on point the entire evening and kept everyone on the dance floor while keeping my husband's and my musical taste top of mind.

We also need to mention Stacy who was a dream and so responsive! She worked with us leading up to our wedding day to ensure all our needs were met. She guided us through Okyne's awesome planning tool that allowed my husband and I to select our musical preferences and quickly and easily provide an outline of the timeline to make sure our event went off without a hitch!

Thank you Okyne team - we could have had an amazing wedding celebration without you!

Recently Married

We first met with Al for our wedding DJ consultation. Right away, he made us feel comfortable and after speaking with him and discussing our needs, we felt confident that Okyne Medialab could deliver what we were looking for at our wedding. When we booked with Al, we didn't know who our DJ was going to be, but Al and Stacy matched us up with the perfect DJ for our style and personalities. We had a couple unique/goofy music requests and when we explained them to DJ Matt during our pre-wedding planning meeting, he was on board and excited. He totally got us!

We contracted for ceremony and reception service. The morning of the wedding, I contacted Matt to bring a certain kind of microphone for the ceremony and he did so without hesitation. After the ceremony, Matt was super helpful and very attentive to the bride and groom. When we got into the reception area, he immediately asked if I needed anything. As dancing started, our group was a little slow to the dance floor, but DJ Matt was able to get the crowd going after a few songs. He communicated with us throughout the entire evening and helped make everything run smoothly. All we had to do was have fun and enjoy the day!

Christina
06/06/2015

Al DJ'ed our wedding. He did an amazing job and was able to keep everyone, young and old, on the dance floor the entire night. Al was really easy to work with and helped us craft a wonderful mix of music for both our ceremony and reception.

Christina
06/06/2015

Services Used: DJ

We used Okyne Medialab for our wedding DJ. We had a medium-large size wedding (final head count was 180). We have a big family that loves to have a good time! I had numerous guests come up to me during the wedding, and approach my parents in the weeks following to say how great the DJ and music was. People were on the floor all night dancing, and it was the perfect mix of all music types!

Our first encounters were with Al, the company owner, via Skype (since we were not living in the Chicago-land area). We chatted and he got a feel for what types of things we might like, our taste in music, and any other pertinent details. He then matched us up with our DJ who called a few days before the wedding--he really was the perfect fit for us. He managed the crowd, but was not overbearing, which was exactly what we asked for. We really had the best time, and the whole experience with Okney MediaLabs was easy going and stress free!

Services Used: DJ

Matt was our DJ and he was absolutely awesome!! Not only did he play the piano during cocktail hour (which we didn't request, he saw a piano and just started playing!!!), but he kept the dance floor full until it ended at 11pm. Working with Al and Stacey to get everything set was a breeze and their online tools are very easy to use! I would recommend them to anyone!

Services Used: DJ

Okyne Media Lab is the the ONLY way to go. Al & Stacy are awesome to work with and cover every detail. As for DJ Erich, I wish I had words that would stand out over a lot of the reviews I’ve read, because I’m sure that after reading 5-star reviews, they start to sound the same. Erich was unbelievable…just amazing. He was great to work with, he kept our dance floor packed the entire time. The grandmas that I thought would be in bed by 10pm were on the dance floor for the last song. We heard from SO many people at our wedding and in the days since that they've never had more fun because of the music. We had compliments on the music played during the cocktail hour, the music during dinner, and of course the music throughout the night. He was the best DJ we would have ever hoped to have at our wedding. Thanks all around.

Recently Married

We all know how important the DJ is to a wedding! If you don't have a good DJ let's just say your wedding sucks, but lucky for me I went with Okyne Medialab! I'm not lying the best DJ service in Chicago. Okyne takes DJing to another level, they focus on the mood of the crowd while producing the best quality musical experience. We had DJ AL! Love him! If you want a wedding where are on the dance floor all night, you need to have DJ AL. A lot of my guests at the wedding said they couldn't even sit down, just when they thought they had the chance to get some rest, he would play another great song. People are still talking about him today! The service of Okyne is amazing! Stacy and Al the owners are there with you every step of the way from start to finish. Their state of the art client website makes choosing songs for your wedding a breeze! They are so flexible as well, I changed the bridal party entrance song right when I walked into the venue, AL had no problem with that. Matter of fact, I remember him saying it's your day and anything you need or want, you got it! That's what every bride loves to hear on her wedding day. We also purchased lighting from Okyne it was great, everything was ready to go when we got there! They have every color too! To be honest, I wish I could do my wedding day over again just to party with Okyne again! If your looking for the best town it''s Okyne! Don't look any further! Thank you Stacy & AL for such a wonderful experience and spending your time with us on our wedding day!

Mike & Jen

Services Used: DJ

Daniel, our DJ, was amazing. He made the show all about the bride and groom not about him. He played all the songs the bride and groom requested and the dance floor was packed all night. Sometimes DJ's love the sound of their own voice, not Daniel. When he was announcing the bridal party, he verified the pronounciation of all the names first. My 79 year old father asked me if we gave the DJ a playlist during dinner because the music was so good. It wasn't too loud, and had a wide range of artists. I live in AZ and the bride lives in NC, so planning the wedding took extra care. I am so thankful my wedding planner recommended Okyne Medialab. It was one of the best decisions we made for a vendor! Look no farther, you have found the best company out there!

Services Used: DJ

My husband and I had Okyne Medialab for our wedding day and we couldn't be happier with our choice. My sister used Okyne for her wedding and we were so pleased we chose to do the same.

Al Okyne was our Dj and he did an amazing job! From planning, to the night of,Okyne was so responsive and very easy to work with. They are definetely the DJ company you want for your wedding.

Al had so many great ideas for our after party, we didn't even have to plan, he did that for us! From the cocktail hour, to dinner, and to the after party the music flowed perfectly. I've never been at a wedding where the DJ kept the guests on the dance floor the entire time, except for my sisters and mine and that's directly because of Okyne.

I would reccomend this company to anyone, and especially Al, hes awesome!!

Services Used: DJ

THANK YOU Okyne Medialab, Inc. for keeping my dance floor packed all night! They are the best. If you're having a DJ in Chicago, these are the people you need to call. I was so nervous about finding a good DJ, and avoiding the typical cheesy wedding format. Okyne calmed my fears from our first phone call, and made me feel confident throughout our planning process. They gave me a sense that they knew what I wanted - Someone who knew how to be a great DJ while also working all the wedding logistics, without the cheese - AND THEY MORE THAN DELIVERED!! Everyone was dancing. Everyone. Any Chicago area bride should be giving Okyne Medialab a call!

Services Used: DJ

We got married on 09/20/2014 and we were lucky enough to have Al as our DJ. He was early, professional, and a lot of fun. He played so many of the songs we picked out and was so open to any requests that my wedding party had. He even worked with my father prior to the wedding to put together a suprise rap for me. Everybody we had contact with at Okyne Medialab was amazing. Al, Stacy, and the whole team helped make our wedding day flawless and easy!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

WOW - where to start?

We couldn't have had a better experience with Al, Stacy and our DJ, Matt.

Al took the time to set up a call to get to know us and our needs better, walked us through their (amazing) client portal and got us all set up for our big day. Stacy promptly replied to any and all questions we had over the months leading up to our wedding. Matt essentially helped manage the entire night - coming by our table to walk us through and prepare us for the next event of the night and even made suggestions that really made the whole night come together. The best part? Matt gave our MOH a little pep talk that boosted her confidence before her speech.

Our wedding was in September and friends and family of all ages are STILL raving about the music. We didn't leave the dance floor for more than a few minutes and neither did our guests. Okyne and Matt truly made our wedding night one that we'll never forget.

You would be doing yourself a disservice NOT working with Okyne!

Services Used: DJ

Talk about a DJ that made our wedding rock! We had Dan as our disc jockey for the night and he absolutely rocked our wedding. When we first started planning our wedding the challenges we ran into was that our wedding was a multi-cultural and bi-lingual wedding. I am white and my husband is Mexican. Most of my husbands family only Spanish and very little English while my family only speaks English. It was awesome how Dan was able to blend both cultures and also announce stuff in both English and Spanish so all our guests knew what was going on throughout the night.

The dance floor was filled all night long and never had any complaints as to what songs were being played. There was a nice balance between music my family dances to as well as my in-laws would dance to.

It was also great to incorporate "La Vibora" last minute into our schedule and Dan was very accommodating and flexible with us. He even ordered us our drinks and brought them out to us right before the bar closed since we were not at our cocktail hour prior to dinner.

I highly recommend anyone to hire Okyne Media Labs. They are very responsive to emails and contact during the planning phases of the wedding and if you get to pick your DJ I highly recommend Dan even if it is not a bilingual party. He rocked the night!

Services Used: DJ

DJ Randall was fantastic. I had a very specific vision of the ceremony music, and he was extremely communicative and adaptable--he executed everything flawlessly. At the reception, the vibe was perfect--Stacee danced nonstop (to the point that she didn't get any cake or go to the bar for a drink). The whole time he checked in and made sure everything was going well . . . and it could not have gone better. Thanks to you, Randall, and the Okyne Medialab team for supplying the perfect soundtrack for the night.