NYIT de Seversky Mansion

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

If you're looking for "not your typical wedding hall", this is absolutely the place. We got married at de Seversky on May 16 and it was honestly perfection. From the staff to the scenery to the FOOD!! Everything was unbelievable. And one of the greatest parts is its your home for the day. We couldn't recommend de Seversky more.

Recently Married

AMAZING! If you want to have a one-of-a-kind wedding, this is the place to book! This venue is like nothing else on Long Island, you literally feel like you own a mansion for the evening! They do one wedding at a time and the grounds are breathtaking! The food and service are unbelievable!

Recently Married

Everyone we worked with was amazing. The food was delicious and the staff made it VERY easy for any guest with dietary restrictions. The mansion and the grounds were beautiful.

1 person found this review helpful

Absolute perfection. I had my wedding here a little over a week ago. The venue is gorgeous and really provides a beautiful backdrop for photographs. The food was also elegantly presented and DELICIOUS. I received so many compliments. Working with the staff was easy. I'm very detail oriented and a bit of a pain. Jessica was so gracious in dealing with me and my mother, and accommodating our last minute changes etc. I couldn't have asked for anything else. I really had my dream wedding here for such a reasonable price. I highly recommend this venue to all potential brides, it was truly a magical experience.

1 person found this review helpful

Every aspect of my wedding at the de Seversky Mansion was flawless. From the pre-planning, to the week of and then the actual day were top-notch. The staff was attentive, the food was phenomenal and the venue was picture-perfect. I could not have asked for anything more.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

All of our guests enjoyed the night and several said it was the perfect wedding. We fell in love with de Seversky when we first saw it and were thrilled that the venue only did one wedding at a time. We received countless compliments on the food and the decor. The staff was responsible and did a great job at looking after the bridal party and the guests. We would highly recommend the venue.

Damien was our maitre' d and he made sure that the day went smoothly from the setting up of vendors, to the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Our point person was Ana, she answered every question we had and was patient with us throughout the process. We were able to plan our wedding within 4 months because of the wonderful staff at de Seversky and their suggested vendors.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The de Seversky Mansion is an amazing venue to have your wedding. The grounds are spectacular, the food offering and quality was deletable, and you are treated with VIP service from the start and end of your celebration. We highly recommend!!

Recently Married

Damien and Virginia made our night just perfect. Exceptional venue. Everyone loved this location. Would do it all over again. Highly professional staff. My groomzilla was extremely satisfied! :)

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are literally no words. It is just flawless. We viewed about seven venues before discovering the deSeversky Mansion at NYIT campus. It's a little known secret, and I'd say about 90% of the people who asked where we were getting married had this clueless look on their face when I told them, but with the 10% that DID know of it, their eyes lit up. It's a beautiful turn of the century mansion in Old Westbury, currently on the NYIT campus. The best part is that they haven't altered it. It's absolutely gorgeous. We booked about 22 months out, and about a year out I was told that the contact person who we had been assigned to was leaving and I was given a new person. I was anxious at first, but Jessica Piccirillo was AMAZING. She answered all my emails immediately, and anything I asked for was granted right away. The planning was seamless, there were no qualms when I asked for things that weren't on the menu, and there was nothing they said 'no' to. We didn't really have a theme, I just wanted classic and elegant. The day of, everything was just flawless. Damien, the maitre'd, was impeccable and made every last thing run smoothly. If anything went wrong, I was and still am completely oblivious to it because to me, the day was perfect. Jessica was with me when we were all lined up for the ceremony, and she fixed my veil and train and was very calming. Damien told everyone when to go and it was perfect. The food is AMAZING. That part I'm super proud of, we didn't have your typical wedding food. We had delicious, five star food that everyone raved about. Even our foodie friends were super impressed. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, and our cigar bar was a hit with half the wedding out on the terrace enjoying the cigars by the fire pits!
Damien made sure our overnight bags were in the getaway car before our sparkler send-off, which he also coordinated perfectly. And he also put in the car our favorite food from cocktail hour that we were too busy to eat before!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are SO HAPPY that we had our wedding at the de Seversky. Everything from the food to the mansion layout to the ceremony set up to the day-of getting ready and all the prep was seamless and perfect. Working with Ana and Jessica and Damian was a special treat - they really were interested in making your day perfect. My family is a bit hard to deal with (we all have very different sets of ideas and are all pretty stubborn) yet they worked to accommodate us all and make sure we each were happy with everything. It was the best weekend of our lives and the night couldn't have been more perfect. This is definitely the best wedding venue around. So many of our guests told us it was the "best wedding" ever. I can't thank the de Seversky enough.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

WOW! This place is amazing and I am not one to compliment so easily. Best bang for your buck on Long Island for a Gatsby like wedding (or any type of wedding for that matter). We had looked everywhere, wineries, outdoor farms, south shore, north shore, upstate NY, etc, but nothing beat this place. Friends and relatives have said they felt as if they were a special Gold Coast guest of an earlier era and so many have told us this was the best wedding they had ever attended.
We have to thank the De Seversky Center staff and especially Jessica and Damien. They were incredibly helpful in making things work smoothly and beautifully.
The food was outstanding. We had the "mansion style" wedding, which I was nervous about, since there are no assigned seats and it is basically a buffet. However, this I believe, made the night even more special. It is a far cry from a typical buffet. Generally, everyone's favorite part of the wedding is the cocktail hour. This just goes on continuously all night and everyone can walk throughout the mansion with the option of choosing the food they like, at the time they like, and as much as they like! As one guest put it, "I found delicious food in the 'library room' and sat down with friends to eat. When I finished I wandered into another room - surprise! - even more delicious food!"
The set up was perfect so that eating and talking could be away from the band for those who actually wanted to hear a conversation or in the ballroom with the band if that was your preference.
The gorgeous rooms, especially the ballroom, the beautiful grounds and the dramatic entrance all created such a romantic evening.
The mansion was ours for the day, with my daughter's bridal party getting ready in a beautiful upstairs bedroom starting in the morning...and snacks were provided too! Her now husband had the "man-cave" for his groomsmen and both enjoyed every moment of the day. Thanks to all!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My now husband and I knew the minute we pulled up to the Mansion that we had (finally) found our venue. It totally warps you into another era. Into the glitz and glam of the roaring 20's, without being over the top and gaudy. The grounds are spectacular. Nothing is perfectly tripped, it has a very "secret garden" feel to it and the lake is breathtaking. What really made the planning and then the execution so special and drama free are the people. Every single person was remarkable. Flexible, warm and accommodating with all of the details. Our wedding day turned out to be the best day of our lives. We had so much fun and received so many compliments throughout the evening. People were in awe of the actual venue, the food and the staff. We really can't thank De Severkly enough for being a part of something so special to us. We will forever remember and cherish it. <3

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding at NYIT De Seversky Mansion in June 2014 and we cannot recommend them enough. They were far and away my favorite vendor. Very responsive, professional, and welcoming at all times. They were wonderful to work with from beginning to end and really go far beyond the service you expect a venue to provide. I am a corporate event planner so I have had a lot of experience with venues and hotels and NYIT is unmatched. I worked with Jessica leading up to the wedding and Damian on the day and both were fantastic. The staff on-site at the wedding on the day were all wonderfully professional.

Along with the service, the catering really is exceptional and the grounds are maintained beautifully. I would highly recommend this property to anyone looking to host an event. Don't hesitate!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The De Seversky Mansion is a venue like no other. The mansion is beautiful and the grounds are well maintained. We worked mostly with Jessica. She was professional and always quick to respond to any questions we had. She and her entire were pleasure to work with.

We decided to go with the European style, so we can use the entire mansion. I was little concerned that our guests would not like European style since everyone is use to the traditional wedding. However, my guests absolutely loved moving throughout the mansion and having the opportunity to talk to family and friends during dinner and then party later on.

Our guests could not stop raving about the venue, the food and the service. Since I actually ate at my wedding, I also agree that the food was incredible.

As mentioned, the service was amazing. They attended to everyone's needs without even asking. Of course, I cannot mention service without talking about Damian, our maitre d. He was great and was eager to help with any request we had.

We cannot thank the De Seversky staff enough for making our wedding day perfect. I would highly recommend this venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could write paragraphs, upon paragraphs about how incredibly perfect our wedding was... But I can summarize it all.

Jessica, Damien and the other folks who were involved in our day, helped make this the "best wedding" that all of our guests have ever been to.

I can only hope that one day, we will get to attend a wedding as a guest, at NYIT de seversky... So we can see everything our guests got to experience.

Thank you again for EVERYTHING. When a bridesmaid lost her bouquet. a few clicks on the walkie-talkie, and Damien found it and brought it to us. Anytime we needed something, it was done in minutes.

Maybe we are being biased, because it was our wedding... but by far, the greatest wedding I have ever been to.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

One week ago, my husband and I celebrated our marriage at NYIT de Seversky Mansion. From the moment we first drove up to the mansion last May we knew this place was something very special. The mansion itself is breathtakingly beautiful, is beautifully restored, and is kept meticulously clean. However, it is the staff at de Seversky that makes this venue such a wonderful place. I worked with Jessica in sales, but also worked briefly with the others. Each person was polite, knowledgeable, and so responsive. Jessica took care of every detail, she answered every question, and was there to help with suggestions when needed. She is truly a professional and so great at what she does!

The night of our wedding the mansion looked exquisite! Every detail we had discussed was brought into life. Every one of my guests were complimenting the venue and how beautiful it was. They also raved about the food. I, personally, have never had food as amazing as theirs. The head chef is creative in is dishes, while still maintaining some familiarity to his dishes. Our maitre d, Damian, was amazing! He attended to every one of my husband and my needs, as well as made sure our parents were comfortable and looked after. Every staff member was polite, courteous, and responsive to our needs. I can't say more about just how kind everyone was.

Perhaps, the best compliment is that all of our guests raved about how spectacular our venue was. They loved every detail about the reception de Seversky made possible. De Seversky Mansion was the perfect venue for our wedding. Thank you to everyone who made our wedding day so special.