NLC Productions

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Nico and the NLC team were amazing! They made our rehearsal dinner and wedding day look fabulous. We couldn't have asked for a better team. We felt they really cared about us and our design, and made our dream come to life. All of guests commented on how clean and tasteful everything was. We would highly recommend NLC Productions for any event.
Wedding: 07/05/2013
4.8/5.0

Private User 2 Reviews
Nico and his team were great. My flowers just looked amazing on my wedding day. I was a very happy bride!
Wedding: Recently Married

Venessa 1 Reviews
As I reflect on my wedding, the very first review I have to write is for NLC Productions, as I am so excited to share how amazing it was to work with the brilliant NLC team. For the past year my husband and I asked married friends and family for advice for our wedding day. Almost everyone said to breathe and be present in the moment, because it all goes so quickly. Every breath was exquisite when I held my gorgeous bouquet, and the magical environment Nico and his team created around me planted me in the beautiful reality of my surroundings. Nico executed my wishes and added his own imagination to create stunning surroundings that I could never think up on my own. From our first meetings and emails to the final touches, working with Nico, Jamie and Fern was the most pleasant and professional experience I had with any of my vendors. Working with NLC productions was the best decision I made in hiring vendors for my wedding day!
Wedding: 08/11/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I coordinated the wedding that Nico and his super-talented team provided decor for at the Montecito Country Club in Santa Barbara. Not only were the arrangements lush and dripping with romance but Nico worked his magic and took everything up a notch. Candelabras, mirrored pedestals, a sweetheart table overflowing with orchids and covered in mercury votive holders that made the Bride and Groom glow even more than they already were. Nico's style is decadent yet always in good taste. What a joy to work with such a talent!
Wedding: 07/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Can I give Nico Cervantes 100 stars? What he and his team did was unbelieveable. One day there was a brick and mortar building, and the next there was a spectacular fairyland full of lush flowers, beautiful chandeliers and plants!!. It was the most spectacular thing I have ever seen. My daughter and now husband went to Nico last Sept with only a very few suggestions. They only knew they wanted beautiful flowers and also a masculine element for the groom. What they got was way beyond anyones wildest imagination.
Nico was a joy to work with. He kept us informed every step of the way and we gave him all of our trust. He deserves it, he is a real visionary.
Every single guest was overwhelmed by the beauty and uniqueness of his design. Some were in tears. All told us that the wedding was the MOST beautiful they had ever attended. When your guests feel like they are transformed into a fairyland they are very celebratory. The party coundn't have been better. Thanks to Nico and his very professional team we had an event of a lifetime. My only regret is that I wont get to see him again, or at least for a couple of years. Debbie Cruz
Wedding: 06/23/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Nico and his team did an AMAZING job at our wedding. I gave him my theme and key words to explain what I wanted and he went wild with it. Our Chuppa was the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen! He added in last minute details that I wanted without any hesitation and executed flawlessly! Nico has a very imaginative way about him, if you let him have and idea to run with you will not be disappointed! The NLC team was so sweet and did everything that I asked of them! I would highly recommend NLC to any bride!
Wedding: 04/21/2012
Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Nico is undoubtedly a genius floral designer and event production professional! My wife was particularly concerned about the flowers and wanted to make certain they were memorable. Our guests raved abou the incredible beauty of Nico's designs from the tabletops to the candles, bouquets, arrangements, lighting and overall design. Our wedding was magical for many reasons but Nico was one of the biggest! We wholeheartedly recommend Nico and NLC Productions!
Wedding: 01/14/2012
4.2/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0

Elle 2 Reviews
The end user result for me was how beautiful the trellis and flowers were and how Nico's designs have
added to my wedding and my photographs. Nico's team brought the tropics to my venue. Sure, there can be issues when a bride has a perfect picture in her mind. Sure, there are things that happened that are not always how one wants it to happen. A wedding is a production even though people don't want to believe it. There were
many things that happened at my wedding I could not foresee like my nephew's missing tux or the weird family stuff that happens when there are uncontrolled variables. Yes, there were issues like any wedding and it was stressful putting together a wedding. I can tell you an email or two may have been lost between myself and Nico in the shuffle of putting together my wedding. Did it strain communications? maybe. Then again, I think about how I should really clean out my mailbox. I don't know why some things happen or not happen. If I were crazy woman I would have nit picked over every detail and made myself into a bridezilla. There were a lot of emotions happening to me and there were many things that happened at my wedding. Were there issues that happened at my wedding I could control? No and yes. At the time it could have been major if I let it get to me.

What really counts is this: As I walked down the isle and saw all my friends, family supporting me, my eyes then averted to a tropical designed trellis. I remember thinking how beautiful! I was really happy I was under all these orchids standing here ready to marry my love. How PERFECT!! I knew I did not make any mistake hiring Nico. His work is stunning!!! My custom shell designed bouquet was so beautiful. It was special and different. My bridal group looked beautiful with their flowers.
As for the The reception room , it too was transformed into a tropical island. Flowers hanging from the ambient lighting and I noticed guest kept taking pictures and looking up. I remember thinking that this is my wedding and it is beautiful. Nico makes art pieces. He is not a cookie cutter person and neither is his work. He is different and his work is bold and not like any other. I don't think he is like any other person I have met. He is good at what he does. I liken Nico to having a childlike spirit and his creativity stems from this. I understand it and I respect it. I am happy we hired him.

Installing something so beautiful is art. I know that art is so fanciful and creative that there is bound to have a few things not go my way. But then again it DID go my way!! It was AMAZING.
Wedding: 09/03/2011

michelle 1 Reviews
I had the pleasure of working with Nico and Jasmine (btw, how perfect is her name for this kind of job?!). Both were extremely flexible and patient with the changes I kept requesting. Our whole wedding was not traditional; Indian officiant, Persian feast, French DJ and it didn't stop with the flowers. Nico had created these amazing boutonnieres that were simply unique and tied in nicely with our wedding ceremony. Clearly a creative master in his profession! Although I'm an artist myself, I would have never thought of wheat stems or a burlap sash as a possibility! It was so natural and I love looking at them in the photos. We had two extra which was perfect cause they went to my sister's fiance and my other sister's boyfriend! It was nice to include them!! Many thanks to Nico & Jasmine!

Wedding: 04/10/2011

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Owner Nico Cervantes should pay his vendors as other designers do. We are still waiting to collect the unpaid balance including a court judgement but have been told he does not have the funds.
Wedding: 2+ years ago

Katie 1 Reviews
Ladies. Do yourself a favor and do not hire this vendor. It's not worth the stress. Trust me. One of the "guest" reviewers posted below that he has a "sparkling" personality and it almost made me gag. If you look closely at the 5 star reviews, it seems a bit fishy as they are all logged on as guests...just saying

-Friend of the bride
Wedding: 09/18/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I love, love, love what Nico did for my wedding!! He was the main reason it looked so wonderful, and exactly what I had wanted- if not better!!! He's got a great eye, and is super sweet and creative. I let him know what I wanted, what my ideas were, but let him play with it - since I figured he knows more than I on how to make things beautiful. He did an outstanding job. My Mom was super happy too- and she's a perfectionist. His assistant, Jasmine was always wonderful to correspond with as well. I truly have such fond memories of that day, in large part to the setting he helped create- from the tables, to my beautiful bouquet and even the cake he helped decorate- which was beyond gorgeous!
Wedding: 09/04/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Fabulous and reasonable compared to other floral designers. We had a high end wedding and he was fabulous and didn't nickel and dime us like others attempted. Joy to work with, wonderful design, and taste.....
Wedding: 08/15/2010

Skye 1 Reviews
DO NOT USE NICO FOR YOUR WEDDING. I had a very bad experience with Nico and his staff as many others have commented on above. He and his staff were very rude and unprofessional telling things such as there was nothing they could do the week of my wedding to enable me to have the floral decorations I wanted. Invoices took forever to receive and were constantly incorrect...even to the point that the day of they were going to put up the wrong things because their workers did not have the correct invoice to follow. It was so bad that on the day of my wedding in the middle of my hair and makeup, I had to walk to my reception location and check each floral arrangement to make sure it was what I wanted...and they were not what I wanted. Nico's first mock for me was completely wrong but he did not take notes or photos to correct his errors. Then, after much anger and frustration, he did another mock for me which was again WRONG. The day of my wedding the flowers were still not completely what I wanted but Nico did not seem to care. This is a business for Nico and nothing else. I do not recommend this vendor and have asked my venue (Bacara) to remove him from the preferred vendors list.
NLC Productions responded with the following comments:
This was an unfortunate circumstance where I had voiced my oppinion of her design choices several times to the client and she would not listen to me. This client wanted bougainvilla , which a bush that after you cut off the flowers they begin to wilt very quickly. I expressed this to my client several times and she refused to listen to me. In our first mock I added other complementry flowers to try and show her how beautiful other flowers can be with the bougainvilla. The reason for this is that if the bougainvilla wilted , they could be easily pulled out and the arrangement would still be beautiful. I tried my best to please this client by LITERALLY buying out EVERY bougainvilla plant/bush in santa barbara, making absolutely no profit on this wedding. My staff was not rude to her, but they stood their stunned as she screamed at them in the parking lot. Which she had her wedding planner put in her timeline. "Meet florist in the parking lot to approve flowers" Again I am so sad that this client thought it nessesary to post such an awful review as we had worked so hard for her.
Wedding: 07/24/2010
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  2.5
Nico is very familar with the Bacara as a result knew how to make my venue look beautiful. He took my ideas and brought them to life. I enjoyed interacting with him and creating the event.

I was very pleased with my room, but my bouquets were just average. They didn't really match my vision or the picture that i gave him as a guide.

Make sure that you get your final table count and flower order in place before the 30 day mark. I realized that I did not need two table arrangements 29 days before my wedding and he was not willing to work with me to save me the cost-which was significant. I understand that he has to have a cut off date to place the flower order, but I didn't feel that he worked with me when I realized 1 day late that I needed to make a significant change.
Wedding: 06/27/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Nico and staff did an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING job on our wedding at the San Ysidro Ranch. Nico had a vision for our wedding, and executed perfectly on it! He truly listened to what we wanted and incorporated every single idea we add and made every idea so much better.

Our families were stunned when they saw the work that Nico and crew did - every detail was thought out brilliantly.

They will always hold a special place in our hearts and we will be singing their praises for years to come!
Wedding: 09/12/2009
 805-680-5497
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire