Newburg Trio

Newburg Trio

1523 Groesbeck Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45224 | map
Arrangements: Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Solo, Instrumenta...
Instruments: Cello, Guitar, Violin

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We retained Brian and Katja for our ceremony music at the Manor House on November 1, 2013. We just wanted Brian on the guitar and Katja singing. They provided a half hour of prelude music and then the ceremony music. Brian was beyond punctual. We was at the venue an hour before we expected guests to ensure everything was set up. Brian and Katja also learned a song per our request for the bridal entrance and we were blown away at how beautifully they preformed it. Brian was so helpful and gave us a lot of suggestions for prelude music. Everyone raved about the music and, especially, Katja's voice. They made the ceremony run smoothly and we didn't have to worry about any timing issues. We would recommend Brian and Katja to anyone!

• Wedding: 11/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a wonderful experience working with Brian Deyo of the Newburg Trio for our wedding. We didn't use the whole trio, just Brian on the acoustic guitar and it was just lovely!!
After the ceremony both the groom and myself received comments that the ceremony was so simple and peaceful. For me, I couldn't imagine a better way to describe a wedding ceremony. The groom and I are not fussy people and the whole experience with Brian made us happy.
We met with Brian at his home about 2 months before the wedding to talk about music selections. He was SO helpful and even brought out the guitar to play little snippets of songs so we could choose our music. I think it was the most fun and least stressful part of our wedding planning. When we left his house I felt so relieved to know we had chosen Brian and I didn't worry about the music AT ALL! Huge weight off of my shoulders.
I would definitely recommend Brian Deyo to any friend to use for a wedding or other event. Even my father-in-law who plays acoustic guitar gigs, including weddings, in Lexington, KY was really impressed with his music!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I hired Brian with his solo guitar for our outdoor ceremony and he was awesome! I received many complements on his music. He was very professional, on time, and let us hear him play beforehand. He also played during the cocktail hour. I would highly recommend him :-)

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had wonderful vendors and the Brian Deyo/Newburg Trio were wonderful. For an additional nominal fee (sheet music price!), Brian was willing to learn new songs that weren't on his traditional lists (Next Year - Foo Fighters, All These Things That I've Done - The Killers, and my husbands favorite band - Alice in Chains). Again, mine was some typical wedding music with out of box requests thrown in, but Brian and the trio were exceptionally accommodating in regards to making my wedding special. I sincerely recommend their services if you (or your parents) want beautiful accoustic music for the ceremony and cocktail hour.

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was absolutely determined to hire a band to play music for my ceremony, and when I heard their version of "Canon in D" on their website, I instantly knew that I had to book this trio.

It was very easy communicating with Brian over email. However, I was a little nervous about them showing up since I never met them in person before the ceremony, but they were professional and reliable. The ceremony music was absolutely beautiful. They shocked me by playing "The Rose" during our ceremony when we gave roses to our parents - I don't even remember mentioning beforehand that we would be doing that! I was so pleased and impressed that they added this.

I most definitely recommend Newburg Trio if you are looking for a beautiful, classic band for your event.

• Wedding: 08/11/2013
Catie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Newburg Trio was awesome. They learned a special song for my walk down the aisle without extra charge and played it beautifully. I loved them (even snuck a peek into the room without letting anyone see me...they were lovely! Jealous of my guests that they got a nice selection of songs that I missed out on!)

I gave them a 5 on responsiveness, because they ended up being great and I think they deserve more business. However, they do not respond at the same rate as many wedding vendors. Don't expect a response to emails in a day or two. They do eventually reply to emails, but it's a bit slow. It scared me a bit, but they are reliable and they will show up and be wonderful!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Band
Anonymous
4.6/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I hired a duet out of the group for my wedding. Brian Deyo coordinated the whole thing with me and gave me his price listings and music options, as well as a link to see his performances on youtube.com. He was amazing and even learned to play a couple of songs for me. The music was beautifully played and exactly how I wanted it. He even set up a payment plan. The only thing I found upsetting is his comments to my groom the day of the ceremony. Apparently he and his partner were booked in other places and stated they had to leave as soon as possible to get to their other commitments. I guess if he had gotten with me ahead of time to go over how things were to be done as he said he was going to he would not have had to say that to my husband. Our ceremony was short and sweet but the fact that he had said that made me more upset than i needed to be on my wedding day.

Newburg Trio responded with the following comments:

I'm certainly sorry that my comment about being booked elsewhere that evening came off sounding like we were in a rush- because we really weren't. If I remember correctly, the comment was in response to a question of whether we would be staying for the reception; and while that wouldn't have been possible, we were not in a hurry to leave the ceremony, as my engagement was 4 hours later, and my cellist's was 5 hours later.... we wouldn't book engagements so close together that there wouldn't be a "time cushion" in case of unforseen delays. I'll take this as a lesson, tho', to be careful how I word things in the future, to try and avoid mis-communications.

• Wedding: 10/13/2012
Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Newburg trio gave an elegance to the ceremony and Brian Deyo guitar at reception was praised by many guest . Guest are still coming up to me asking where we found such wonderful musical performance for our daughter's wedding. Of all the services we contracted for the wedding this was by far the best value and quality of service.

• Wedding: 10/06/2012
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with Brian Deyo and the Newburg Trio for my wedding. They were one of my favorite vendors to work with. Brian was so flexible from the start- not only with the music they could play and all the little details, but he even worked with me on the price.
Brian and the Newburg Trio play so beautifully and have a wonderful range of talent. We had Brian (guitarist), a cellist, and a violinist for the ceremony and just the guitar and cello during cocktail hour. Unfortunately, it rained right before the outdoor ceremony, so the cellist and violinist had to put their instruments away. But, Brian sat under the gazebo and played the guitar for the ceremony and it was lovely. I wasn't there for cocktail hour, but our guests said they did a great job and provided exactly the kind of music that my husband and I love.
We were so pleased to have found a trio that can play classical music just as beautifully as they can cover the Beatles. Thanks for everything Brian!

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I planned our wedding in one month (it CAN be done!), and we loved all of our vendors! We really wanted to have a string duo or trio for the ceremony and cocktail hour. After we came across the Newburg Trio on Wedding Wire, we listened to their music and instantly knew that we wanted them to be a part of our wedding. Brian's version of "Marry Me" on the guitar, actually brought tears to my eyes! We contacted Brian Deyo (guitarist) 3 weeks before the wedding and he was very quick to respond and awesome to work with. We decided on the guitar/cello duo which sounded amazing! We had several compliments from our guest. They absolutely loved the music from Brian Deyo and Mark Kosmola. I know I will always remember waiting in the back room with my niece (flower girl) and hearing "Marry Me" as my bridesmaids walked down the isle. And whenever I think about the moment when my father walked me down the isle, and when I turned and saw my husband for the first time, I can hear the duo playing "To Make You Feel My Love". It's such a beautiful memory and it makes me smile and cry every time. My husband and I are extremely happy that they were a part of our wedding and we would recommend them to anyone! :)

• Wedding: 06/17/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the Newburg Duo (guitar and cello) at our wedding at the Withrow Nature Preserve and everyone absolutely loved them! Brian brought a tiny amp for the guitar, and he even arranged a special song for the bridal procession for us, per request! It meant a lot and we couldn't have been happier with the service we received (for such a low price, too!). The musicianship was outstanding (which was important as a third of the people there were musicians), they were able to accomodate our request of having music "outside the norm," and Brian was always easy to work with and very agreeable.

• Wedding: 06/02/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The music was wonderful. Musicians did a great job in extremely hot weather. Highly recommended!

• Wedding: 05/26/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When I first began researching ceremony musicians for my wedding I knew exactly what I was looking for - someone who could play nontraditional "fun" music as well as "Over the Rainbow." I came across Brian Deyo's website, and when I saw his extensive list of songs (which included "Over the Rainbow") I was sold! Brian was quick to respond to questions, very reasonably priced, and professional. We went with the duo option and they even learned to play "Wouldn't it be Nice" by the Beach Boys for our special day. My fondest memory of the entire wedding day was walking down the aisle with my dad, and hearing "Over the Rainbow" in the background made the moment perfect. I can't thank them enough, and I'm so happy we chose to work with them! THANK YOU!

• Wedding: 05/25/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Brian and the Newburg Trio are AMAZING! Brian is incredibly easy to work with, very well priced (we did the duo for our ceremony), and we received SO many compliments afterwards. With all that can be stressful, annoying, and cumbersome during wedding planning- booking Brian and the Newburg Trio was a welcomed relief- loved the over all experience!

• Wedding: 04/21/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Newburg Trio was fantastic.

They were certainly flexible throughout the planning process. I had some 'bumps in the road' and they were able to accomodate me.

The ceremony music was beautiful.

Newburg Trio's price was certainly reasonable, other trios I found were higher in price by $50 or more.

• Wedding: 03/24/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Brian Deyo and the trio are absolutely amazing. They were the one thing that everyone at our ceremony was raving about. The songs were beautiful and they're very flexible as well.

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
513-607-6743
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards