Mustard Seed Gardens

Flexibility:
 (4.9/5.0)

Sort By:

Cari 1 Reviews
Our experience with Mustard Seed Gardens was fantastic. Megan was amazing with helping me to plan the evening even down to the smallest details, such as helping me to pin the flowers on the groomsmen and grandparents. We had to have the wedding inside due to inclement weather and it turned out just perfect. Simply magical.
Mustard Seed uses several caterers and we chose to work with Mills Catering. The food was superb and the staff was so friendly and helpful.
Mustard Seed has an exclusive DJ "Event One". That was so helpful to us, one last thing we had to think about. They were a class act and so nice to work with.
Thank you Mustard Seed Gardens for helping to make our daughters wedding one of the most memorable nights of our lives!!!
Wedding: 10/31/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I can not even begin to express how excited I am for my big day here at the end of the month. Working with Megan has been such a fun time and she has helped me make some big decisions. It's hard to visualize some details of your wedding and she was able to help make my visions come to life! I haven't even gotten married here yet but I attended one of the first weddings ever held here a couple years ago and it was amazing. I give this venue 5 stars, for sure! The venue and property has been improved tremendously and it is completely obvious that ensuring their couples dream come true is their top priority. I will recommend this venue to anyone that will listen! Once my big day comes, I will add more details as to how awesome they are :)
Wedding: 10/24/2014

Jessica 5 Reviews
To start, this place is beautiful! I have always wanted an outdoor wedding and their grounds were perfect! Having an outdoor wedding forces to you to take into account the back-up option if it rains, but Mustard Seed is probably most well-known for its gorgeous barn anyway, which was by far the best rain back-up we had seen. We chose a daytime ceremony since they were booked for that evening and it turned out perfect! We worked with Megan who was so helpful and very sweet. It all seemed very easy and they were more than willing to help if we needed it. Day of, everything ran smoothly, I couldn't have asked for a better day!
Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We stumbled upon Mustard Seed Gardens after looking at venues all around the Indianapolis area. We struggled to find a venue that was unique and felt special to us; however, that all changed once we found Mustard Seed. As soon as we saw it, we knew a wedding at Mustard Seed was for us!

The planning process for the wedding could have not been smoother, thanks to the help from Megan and Mark, the staff at Mustard Seed. Megan worked to set up planning our initial meetings, as well as two other planning meetings after that. She was always prompt in responses to emails to both my mom and myself and was so personable and fun to get to know. Working with Megan was so effortless - she suggested many unique touches to add to the wedding and made sure that the other decorations we chose matched the theme of the wedding. It was clear that coordinating weddings is more than just a job to Megan and the staff at MSG, but instead a true love. This is reflected in the quality of their work and the amount of care they put forth.

The venue itself stunned on the day of the wedding. We got married in the gazebo outside, which was beautifully decorated exactly as we imagined it to be. The reception was in the barn and "wow"-ed all of our guests. It seemed that every guest commented on how beautiful and unique the gazebo and barn were and are still hearing compliments about the venue 2 weeks after the wedding

We can't say enough about how much we loved our wedding at Mustard Seed. The grounds provided the perfect setting for our big day, which is something that is clearly reflected in our photos and videos from the day. The day of the wedding went by without a hitch, thanks to Megan and Mark. Book this venue fast -- the available dates book quickly!!
Wedding: 06/21/2014

Renee 6 Reviews
I could not have been happier with my choice to go with Mustard Seed Gardens for my wedding venue for both the ceremony and reception. Megan at Mustard Seed is absolutely fabulous. She is so helpful and accommodating. The whole planning process was stress free with her there helping me out and the actual wedding went incredibly smooth. The venue is beautiful and offers a lot of creative options for decor, ceremony/reception sites, etc. I strongly recommend this location!
Wedding: 06/20/2014

Kelsey 2 Reviews
Mustard Seed Gardens was the perfect venue for us! The wedding day went so smoothly and the staff was extremely accommodating. The venue looked picture perfect the day of our ceremony! Guest were in awe of all the wonderful details they provided. They offer a wide range of services beyond your typical wedding venue vendors. We can't thank them enough for all the amazing work they put into our day! We would highly recommend!!!
Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Words could never express the amazing service we received from Mustard Seed's staff. Megan, the venue's wedding coordinator is a true delight. She is professional and attentive and will do everything she can to make your day amazing. And at the same time she is so cute and girly and you kind of just want to lay on a couch with her and flip through bridal magazines. She is calm, collect, and will help you every step of the way. She will offer up advice & opinions based on past experience on what will make your day the best it can be. She truly is the perfect wedding venue coordinator....she is down to earth AND professional.

The grounds are well kept, despite that they are having multiple weddings a week they manage to clean up immaculately every time! The lawn is cut, the landscaping is well-groomed and everything is that perfect blend of rustic charm meets structured landscaping.

The overall venue is......it leaves me speechless. Our wedding was gorgeous, but would not have looked half as good if it was at any other venue. The draping white fabrics, the elegant chandelier against the old barn wood, the white lights strung among the trees, the arbor covered in Wisteria, a cozy bench under the pine grove....it is outstanding. It is a Pinterest board in real life.

We had numerous unsolicited comments from guests about how attentive the staff was the night of our wedding. They made sure things ran smoothly and that all the little details were taken care of. We could never say enough good things about this venue, or the staff. It was the most magical day of our lives, and we could not be happier about our entire experience with Mustard Seed Gardens.
Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Thanks to the people at Mustard Seed Gardens, my wedding was an absolutely magical day. Their service, commitment to excellence, and hard work is unparalleled.

When my husband and I visited the property last summer, we instantly fell in love with it. The gardens are lovely and well-maintained. The barn, which was built in the late 1800s, has so much character. And the team who owns and manages the property is friendly and professional. We visited MANY venues in Indianapolis and the surrounding areas, and it didn't take us long to realize that Mustard Seed was where we wanted to wed.

As we began planning our big day, my husband and I were drawn to the idea of juxtaposing the rustic nature of the venue with elegant details. Thanks to Pinterest, I had big dreams of white chiffon draping and crystal chandeliers. As I expressed my vision to Megan, Mustard Seed's wedding coordinator, she 100% supported my over-the-top vision. She suggested beautiful ideas, sketched floor plans, and recommended vendors to help me bring each of the elements of my plan together.

On the days leading up to our wedding, Mark, the owner of the property, made our vision come to life. He spent hours (many, many hours) on ladders hanging strands of crystals and flowers, white chiffon drapes, and of course, chandeliers. He was able to troubleshoot any issues we ran into (including the fact that a different venue, which had rented the chandelier the night before our wedding, cut the cord in half) and worked tirelessly to ensure that our wedding was stress-free and everything we had dreamed of.

I will be the first to admit that I am type A and particular, especially when it came to the biggest day of my life. The entire Mustard Seed team was always patient and accommodated all of our requests. They truly went above and beyond to make our day perfect.

The combination of Mustard Seed's charming style and it's reliable, friendly, and hardworking team resulted in a magical day!
Wedding: 07/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Mustard Seed was incredible to work with! The second we walked into Mustard Seed we knew that we just had to choose it for our venue for our wedding! The staff was so nice and welcoming. Megan went above and beyond to make us feel special and like family.

We wanted our wedding to be unique. We wanted the ceremony and reception outside without a tent. We looked at many other places and no one would do that for us. It was no problem for Mustard Seed; they gladly made it happen. We also wanted lots of lights stringing across the reception area and in the trees. Megan and Mark took that idea and ran with it. They spent so much time and effort to make that happen for us. They didn't just throw it together, they actually built a light setup that was perfect for us and that can be used for future weddings. Unfortunately on our wedding day, Indiana summer weather did not cooperate with us! Mustard Seed did everything they could to make our day amazing even though we had to move from outside into the barn. We were not originally planning on using the barn, but it was equally as beautiful and amazing. During our reception, the weather had cleared up so Megan pulled my husband and I aside and brought us out under the lights that they had built for our wedding. She wanted us to have a special moment under them since we were unable to have our reception outside. It was such a thoughtful gesture and it meant so much to us.

We cannot say enough good things about Mustard Seed and their staff. By the time our wedding was over, we felt like we were family.

Mustard Seed was one of the easiest and best vendors to work with. We have recommended them to everyone! Not to mention, Mustard Seed itself is so beautiful!

Thank you so much Mustard Seed for making our day amazing!
Kate & Jordan Crabtree
Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When my husband and I got engaged a year and a half ago I was immediately excited to start planning our big day! The first thought that came to mind was, "where will we have our ceremony and reception?". We didn't want a place that everyone else had done, we wanted something different and unique.

We quickly came to realize that there weren't many venues around the Fishers/Indianapolis area that had the feel of "us". I became discouraged, so my Fiancé started looking. He then came across the Mustard Seed Gardens.

After our first visit, and meeting the wedding coordinator, Megan, I knew we had found the place where we would begin our happily ever after. Everything was a breeze after that.

Our experience with Mustard Seed Gardens was beyond outstanding! Beyond the beauty and uniqueness of the barn and out door areas, the personnel were perfect. Everyone worked well together to make the day go as seamless as possible. Thanks to Megan and the staff at Mustard Seeds, our day was everything we dreamed of and more. Extremely professional, flexible, and beyond helpful. Megan was truly a blessing throughout the entire planning process for us! The best decision we made for our big day was picking to have the ceremony and reception at Mustard Seeds and having Megan and the other staff coordinate our wedding. You can't go wrong choosing such a perfect venue for your special day!
Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Mustard Seed Gardens is a beautiful and unique venue! Ever since Pinterest came into my life I had dreamt of having my reception in a barn. When I told my fiancé that this is what I wanted to do, he was a little turned off. I showed him tons of photos and tried so hard to get him on board. Finally, after comparing prices with other venues and finding that Mustard Seed was such a great value compared to others in the Noblesville/Carmel/Indy area, he finally gave in. Thank goodness he did, because our wedding was absolutely stunning in the end!! The staff at Mustard Seed was so helpful throughout the entire day. Megan, especially, was so sweet and gave me tons of advice throughout the entire planning process. She's extremely creative and helped me make some decisions that I was having a difficult time with. She was also very responsive to all of my phone calls and emails. If I had a question (and trust me, I had a lot of them), I could simply call or email her and she would get back to me usually within an hour or two. Another huge PLUS is that the barn in basically already decorated. They already have white lights, paper lanterns & mason jar candles hung in the barn, so all you really need are some flowers and maybe a couple extra details! They also have tons of vintage rental items available if you don't have the time to go antiquing on your own, which makes it really easy for someone who doesn't have tons of time to plan a wedding. Everything about my wedding was absolutely perfect...and if something did happen to go wrong, I didn't even notice. My wedding truly was the best day of my life, and I am so thankful for the staff at Mustard Seed who made it happen! Would highly recommend!!
Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot even describe how Mustard Seed made our wedding so absolutely perfect. But, I'll try:) First off, we had an abrupt change from a beach wedding and I was personally having a hard time adjusting to any ceremony ideas that didn't involve a sunset in the sand. That all changed when I saw this barn and met Megan. She is beyond adorable and was so genuinely excited for me and willing to do whatever it took to make this day the day of my dreams. The barn itself is stunning. For those who want a more elegant/chic take on the barn wedding, this is your pick. It has gorgeous cafe lights strung all around the barn, and beautiful white paper lanterns hung up over the dance floor. So much of the decor you see in the website pictures is included in your venue price (which saved us money and effort). Megan was great at following up with me and our vendors--especially because we had to make a switch in caterers about a month out from the wedding. The day of, the staff made sure myself and other members of the wedding party just got to enjoy the day and we didn't have to worry about logistics. One of the only downsides is that the area has a noise curfew of 11 (which the barn can't help of course) so our evening wedding reception was a tight squeeze. But it really went absolutely perfectly. The loft is a great place for those guests who don't want to tear it up on the dance floor and the Gazebo is a stunning venue for a ceremony. All in all, I would highly recommend this venue to just about everyone! I can't imagine our wedding anywhere else! Oh, and because they are also a landscaping company, the grounds are immaculate with lots of fun water features and flowers, which is one less thing to stress about and a great photo setting.
Wedding: 05/24/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Mustard Seed Gardens is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL venue! You can infuse your personal style with any decor you would like to provide, but Mustard Seed also has incredible and unique rental items!

From the moment my family, fiance and I met Megan Skipper, the event coordinator at Mustard Seed, we felt so at ease regarding the whole wedding process! She is knowledgeable, professional, creative, and really takes a personal interest in making your wedding day beautiful. Megan is so responsive to requests!

The day of the wedding was flawless. My bridesmaids and I arrived to a STUNNING ceremony and reception venue that Megan and the Mustard Seed staff created. It was so great that everything we had discussed and planned for so many months was even greater than I could have imagined!

Regarding the venue itself, it is truly a treasure! Many of my guests are still commenting to me how it was such a lovely and unique venue ( and a lot of my girlfriends were wishing they had their weddings there :) ). There is a lovely bridal suite to get ready, as well as an area for the groomsmen to get ready. We did the gazebo ceremony and Barn reception, with "happy" hour (with smoothies and coffee) outside the barn during family pictures. Everything was absolutely beautiful! When you hire Megan as day-of coordinator as well, she literally takes care of everything! My family and friends did not have to lift a finger to clean up, and she even packed the car with all of our gifts! She also took great care of my new husband and I at the reception, ensuring we had plenty to eat and drink.

I really can not say enough good things about this venue. The venue in its beauty alone would be all 5 stars, but when you combine this with a staff that is so kind and hard-working, I would rate them off the charts! We had such a wonderful wedding and will never forget the incredible people at Mustard Seed Gardens who were truly the ones that made it unforgettable!
Wedding: 05/03/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have nothing but the highest of praise to give to Mustard Seed Gardens. As a family-owned and operated business, we interacted with both Mark and Megan (who is the main wedding coordinator) several different times. Their responsiveness, kindness, and generosity both professionally and personally was absolutely above and beyond what most venues would provide. I can honestly say that I consider Megan a friend, and look forward to continuing that friendship past the wedding.

In terms of the space itself - WOW! For those that don't know, Mustard Seed is also a landscaping company, and the beautiful grounds absolutely showcase their talents. The grounds are well kept, even when there are weddings every day. The barn has been recently remodeled, and while it was beautiful before, it's an absolute STUNNER now. Walking in to the space is breathtaking, and gorgeous enough that it requires VERY little decor.

They also offer rental items - we used chalkboard signs, the cake stand, and a few other items and were very happy with all of them. Megan was also kind enough to provide them to us on Friday so we didn't have to worry about them on the wedding day.

In case I haven't made it clear, these are absolutely WONDERFUL people, and there is no better place to get married. Megan is filled with ideas and suggestions as well as vendor recommendations, and she's always open to change things if you change your mind. I cannot recommend them highly enough, and quite frankly I would give them far more than 5 stars if allowed. Both were present throughout our wedding day, and both were with me right before I walked down the aisle helping me hold it together. :)

Book at MSG before it's full - you won't regret your decision!
Wedding: 04/20/2013

Anonymous 6 Reviews
When you plan an outdoor wedding and get torrential rains with widespread flooding, biting cold, and gale-force winds... you need a venue like Mustard Seed Gardens. The owners were wonderful to work with from start to finish! Megan helped answer all the questions I'd never even thought of during the planning, and it was always easy to get ahold of them.

In the days leading up to the wedding, they were soooo accommodating when we had to make a million last-minute changes due to the weather! Day-of, one of the owners set up heaters outside the barn for the wedding party and even offered to valet park for the musician (who was late due to all the flooding) so that we weren't delayed any further! Absolutely wonderful!!

And I have to tell you, although I was hoping to have the wedding ceremony outside at the gazebo, the barn is so beautiful. I am SO glad it's an automatic back-up (with no extra charge) in case of inclement weather (like we definitely had!). I can't say enough good things about this place. You really can't go wrong here!!
Wedding: 04/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Mustard Seed is an amazing venue with an even more amazing staff. Throughout the entire planning process Megan, the event coordinator, helped with numerous details that I, the bride, hadn't even thought of. She responded promptly to all my emails, met with me several times to confirm plans, and I always knew I could get ahold of her if need be.
That being said, most of what we had planned was switched at the last minute due to rain the day of our wedding. The staff at Mustard Seed did absolutely EVERYTHING they could to still make it a special day to remember. We originally planned the ceremony by the gazebo in the garden and the reception in the barn but in just a few hours they helped set up our ceremony in the barn as well. The staff moved chairs and tables quicker than anyone even noticed and the ceremony in the barn was even more romantic than I had pictured.
The decorated barn brought tears to my eyes as it sparkled with white christmas lights from top to bottom and created the intimate "homey" feeling everyone wants to feel when they attend a wedding. I even got to walk up from the basement in the barn and down the aisle they created with the chairs that led to an alter created under a restored ladder as our alter.
I recommend Mustard Seed not only for the very pleasant experience I had working with the staff but also for their beautiful grounds and a venue that provides a romantic rustic chic wedding/reception.
We wouldn't have changed a single thing about our wedding day and we have Mustard Seed to thank for a day we will never forget.
Wedding: 09/01/2012
 317-776-2300
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire