Minneapolis Marriott Northwest

Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our November 1st reception at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. Cathy was super responsive and very helpful. She did everything she could to make sure that we were well taken care of, and we were. It was so nice to not have to worry about having someone to meet the DJ, or set out escort cards, or meet the florist. It was all taken care and all we had to do was enjoy our day. The food was excellent and we got a complimentary room and breakfast the next. Very pleased with our experience.

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my ceremony and wedding at the Marriott Northwest and couldn't be happier with the result. Everything was absolutely perfect!
The staff was accommodating, professional, and on their A game throughout the entire process. We are beyond pleased with the service and would recommend to anyone.
Thanks again!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
Stephanie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We knew the minute we walked through the front doors of the hotel that this was the perfect venue for our wedding. Every interaction with the hotel staff (especially Cathy Dunn) was outstanding. They took care of us and kept us informed and on track throughout the entire process. Our main goal was to have people come and have fun and celebrate with us. After months of planning and preparation I have only one word to explain our experience.......MAGICAL! As you get closer and closer to your event you start to realize that perfection is out of the question and ALL things will not go as you expected. Cathy did everything in her power to make sure that the pressure of that day was taken off of our shoulders so that we could quit worrying and have fun! I had many people travel to our wedding and the hotel was able to accommodate everyone. The suites are modern and spacious.....my friends kept referring to their room as an "apartment". Cathy is amazing at bringing a bride's wedding dreams come true!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
Lori
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Courteous, attentive-to-detail, and very friendly are the words that come to mind when I think of our excellent wedding reception experience on August 31st at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. It was a great pleasure working the staff at the Marriott Northwest, especially Cathy Dunn. Cathy patiently guided us through every step of our planning process. Her genuine & friendly nature, responsiveness, and professionalism was refreshing and very much appreciated! Thank you :-) With Gratitude, Adelle & Erik

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
Adelle
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sarah and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Marriott Northland, we have never in our life had so much attention to detail with things. From the smallest thing of the candy on the table to the way the flowers were suppose to be a surprise for my bride. They made sure that everything to what I wanted, and they made that extra effort to make sure you had what you wanted at and in the reception. The wait staff was very attentive to the needs of the wedding party, and other people in the wedding.

We could not have the breakfast because of the college I began the day after our wedding so they gave us a beautiful lunch with the upmost outstanding service. They are not just there to do a job, but they make you feel like a part of there family. It is such a wonderful feeling.

They make sure you have everything, and if you want to have a wonderful wedding and reception, and have to worry about nothing the Marriott Northland is the BEST you will get.

• Wedding: 08/24/2014
Maria
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our daughter, Diane, had her wedding reception at the Marriott Northwest in Minneapolis. Her wedding planner, Cathy was absolutely wonderful. She answered all her questions, took care of all the details. When Cathy brought my sister and I to see the room after it was decorated and before the mea,l it took my breath away-it was so tastefully and elegantly done. The meal was great, and the special room rates they provided for the guests was such a bargain and a welcome and appreciated surprise for family that traveled from in and out of the area. I would highly recommend the Marriott Northwest to anyone who is planning a special event. We could not have been more pleased.

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
Cheri
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was wonderful working with Cathy Dunn event planner at Marriott. Our questions were answered quickly and she helped us through the whole event. We had a beautiful wedding with great memories of Marriott Northwest. Thank you!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
Barb
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cathy Dunn and all of the staff we worked with during this process were very professional and helpful. They made planning the wedding reception a very smooth process for us. We felt like we were taken care of. Thank you again!

• Flexibility: 5.0

The entire hotel staff was amazing and made out wedding a truly memorable experience. Working with Cathy was equally amazing. Thank you do much for making what could potentially be a stressful event fun & easy.

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
Rob
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cathy did a fabulous job of making things simple and easy for us. I LOVED the room and how it was set up - everything was exactly as I requested. The servers were super nice and very friendly – the guests commented regarding the service as well. I couldn’t have been any happier. Thank you for making our day smooth, elegant, and fun. I will certainly recommend you and the Marriott to anyone and everyone. It was a pleasure to have such an important event run so smoothly.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I could not have asked for a better wedding reception than the one organized and put on by Cathy and her amazing team at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest! Everything was exactly how I always imagined it would be. The venue itself is quite beautiful, and all the food, from hors d'oeuvres to dessert, was delicious. I was able to book the cake (we did cupcakes) and table linens through them as well, so I didn't have to worry about paying those two additional vendors. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose Minneapolis Marriott Northwest every time.

• Flexibility: 5.0

The Marriott venue, staff, event planner, and food all exceeded our expectations. Everyone was wonderful, professional, and accommodating. We would highly recommending using the Marriott for your event!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We held a rehearsal dinner event on February 14th and a wedding breakfast on February 15th. Both events were conducted by the Marriott staff with the highest level of professional and attention to detail. Cathy Dunn handled all of the scheduling, selections and pricing with great recommendations and was extremely responsive to all of our needs. Sue was the banquet captain the night of the dinner and the entire staff was extremely welcoming, friendly and attentive to all of our needs. The Hereford Filets and Chocolate Crunch Cake were incredible. Our compliments to the Chef for a very memorable meal! Tau managed the breakfast and we couldn't have asked for better service. The entire staff at the Marriott was extremely professional and friendly. Our guests all commented on what a great experience they had during their stay because of the facility but most of all because of the Marriott staff. My wife and I would highly recommend Cathy Dunn and her team to anyone planning a significant meeting or event. They are the best!

• Wedding: 02/14/2014
Robert
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was the first wedding in our family and Marriott, Cathy Dunn and the entire staff made this wedding everything we wanted and more. Everyone was friendly and helpful. When someone asked me what we would do different, I had to pause and think, absolutely nothing! All our guest said the wedding was fantastic and had a great time. What more could we ask for!

• Wedding: 02/02/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Julie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you Marriott Northwest for a wonderful experience at our daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception January 4th. Cathy Dunn and her staff were very attentive to our needs and accomodating to our requests. Every staff member was dedicated to making sure our event was a success and consistantly greeted us with a smile and extended a welcoming and helpful hand. Cathy provided excellent advice and guidance through the entire process and made the planning chores a fun and exciting time for our families. The hotel was just a few minutes from the wedding location in downtown Minneapolis and also convenient for our guests, close to the Shoppes of Arbor Lakes. They had ample parking close to the doors, which was appreciated in the deep freeze weather. The grand ballroom was beautiful. We also chose the Marriott as the location for many of the wedding photos as there were so many unique sites in the building for staging them. More than half of our 275 guests were also overnight guests at the hotel. We received many comments from them on how nice their accomodations were. Thanks again to all of the staff for making our event so personal, beautiful and special!

• Wedding: 01/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you so much for making our experience about as perfect as it could be. We knew right from our initial 1 hour tour that we were going to have our reception at the Marriott Northwest. While some friends had mentioned that their reception planning was difficult and stressful, ours was pain-free and when a concern came up, ours requests were welcomed and a resolution was quickly made.
It is quite obvious that Cathy's experience and customer service skills are no less than 5 star.
Thank you so much for everything! You gave us plenty to smile about. If we know of couples looking to have their reception in the area, we will refer them to the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest

• Wedding: 12/14/2013
Ryan
763-486-1900
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards