Elizabeth Solaka Photography

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I've never been much of a model for pictures, more of a picture taker actually. However, for the first time in my life, I'm happy to say I'm proud to be in the photographs! Elizabeth captures moments, emotions, and the beauty inside and out. In one particular photo, the love between my husband and I is so apparent that I tear up just thinking about it.

Elizabeth immediately picked up on my discomfort in being the model for pictures. She took charge, making sure that everything was organized, and preceded to make the bridal party laugh. This resulted in gorgeous photos!

In summation, we all loved her and I kept getting compliments about her throughout the night. I thought it was great because I didn't know she took most of the pictures that turned out best. With her sunny disposition and professional approach, we can't help but highly recommend her!
Wedding: 07/21/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elizabeth was such a pleasure to be around and work with. She did a wonderful job of capturing the special moments of our wedding day. After seeing the photos she took of our engagement, we had complete confidence and trust in her skills -- but we could not have imagined how awesome she would be on the day of.

Not only is she extremely talented, but a total pro. She has a lot of experience and knew just what to do. She was prompt, prepared, and began photographing almost right away -- without being obtrusive, and made us all feel very comfortable at ease. This is coming from someone who doesn't like to have their picture taken!

Overall, we loved having Elizabeth as our photographer, she was so much fun and a great addition to our day. We have so many beautiful pictures, our only problem is going to be having to choose which ones to use!
Wedding: 07/20/2013

Ashin 1 Reviews
We feel extremely lucky to have had Elizabeth as our wedding photographer on a very short notice. She is an amazing photographer with a great eye for details. We loved every single photograph from our wedding. Apart from her obvious talents behind the lens what made her so special to work with was her professionalism, friendliness and warm personality. She went out of her way to account for our tight budget and even presented us with a beautiful high-end leather bound album when we were very happy with the regular one. From the very first phone call to the very last email every interaction with her was enjoyable and productive. You would definitely feel lucky to have Elizabeth create memories for your special occasions.
Wedding: 06/08/2013
Services Used: Photography, Videography

Private User 1 Reviews
Amazing!!! We used Elizabeth for our wedding in May and I can't even tell you how pleased we are with our wedding photos. Elizabeth is so sweet, genuine and truly talented. She is able to capture emotion in her pictures and catch those perfect moments when you hardly know she is even there! If you love natural, non Photoshoped, candid shots this is the photographer for you. Trust me I did all the research for you just hire her! You will not be disappointed! Xoxo
Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elizabeth went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable with her style. She also made sure we got the pictures that we wanted. It was important to me to have pictures but not have someone in my face with a camera. Elizabeth's kind and gentle personality put me at ease on the day of my wedding. I knew I could trust her to get the pictures I wanted without being aggressive or pushy to me and my guests. My pictures were available to me before I even went on my honeymoon! Elizabeth enjoys what she does and it shows in her work.
Wedding: 03/17/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I can't say enough about how wonderful Elizabeth was before the wedding, during the wedding, after the wedding - ALL THE TIME! We love our pictures - Elizabeth made us feel at ease like she was part of the family and I loved it. I will definitely use her over and over again, for babies and family pictures in the future. Just absolutely gorgeous, stunning pictures - what more could a bride ask for?
Wedding: 02/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I met with several photographers before ultimately hiring Elizabeth Solaka to photograph our NYC wedding at St. Patrick's Cathedral. After meeting with her in person and reviewing her pictures, we knew we wanted to have Elizabeth photograph our wedding. While staged pictures with fancy filters done in post-production are nice to look at, we wanted our pictures to tell the honest truth, that allowed us to relive the raw emotion of our wedding day. That is exactly what Elizabeth delivers in her photography. Elizabeth's unobtrusive way of working allowed her to capture us and our guests "in the moment." The smiles, tears and laughs are all genuine and I cannot thank her enough for sharing her talent and artistry with us on such an important day of our lives.

From the very first email, Elizabeth was helpful, understanding and responsive. Aside from being a talented photographer, she is also such a caring and wonderful person and after all these months of back-and-forth emails I feel as though she is now a friend. On our wedding day, she was professional and remained calm, even with the fast-paced bustle of NYC (we took pictures in Times Square)!

We have had the digital copies of our pictures for a few weeks now, and we literally have thousands of beautiful photos that we have looked through over and over again. We click through each picture in sequential order and relive every moment of our day. At each click, we smile, laugh and cry, many times wondering how she was able to capture such images. Choosing pictures for our wedding album is proving to be a daunting task because of her amazing work. My husband and I feel so fortunate to have discovered Elizabeth among the many wedding photographers in NYC. There are many difficult decisions to make when planning your wedding, but if I can help you with one of them, it would be this: Have Elizabeth photograph your wedding. You won't regret it.
Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
To say that I was impressed with Elizabeth's photography would be an UNDERSTATEMENT! She was incredibly easy to work with and my wedding pictures turned out absolutely gorgeous! We wanted to find a photographer that would take risks and play around with poses and pictures. Elizabeth is extremely creative with her photography and we literally had thousands of pictures to choose from! She captured every moment perfectly, I feel like I relive the whole day when I look through them. We have gotten so many compliments on our wedding pictures, not to mention, what a pleasure it was to work with Elizabeth on the day of the wedding. I wouldn't change one thing about our wedding photographer experience!
Wedding: 06/09/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you are looking for a professional and "easy to work with" photographer, make sure to contact Elizabeth Solaka. She has the patience of an angel and is VERY professional. I just had a chance to look at my wedding photos and I have to say that she did an AMAZING job. She's especially good at capturing the candid shots, which might be my favorites. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer!!
Wedding: 10/15/2011

Private User 1 Reviews
Elizabeth was easy to work with and very responsive throughout the entire wedding planning process. Going into our wedding day, we had no doubt that we would get the shots we wanted and capture our special day. Elizabeth really excels at the candid shots, catching emotion in its rawest form. We had so much fun reliving our wedding day through her pictures and would recommend her to any couple.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elizabeth did a wonderful job on our wedding pics!She captured the moments that i wil treasure forever..I would highly recommend her for your wedding.

Marina
Wedding: 07/01/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We love our photos, and really enjoyed having Elizabeth at the wedding. My sister tells me that the best pictures she has of _her_ husband and children are from our wedding photos. My wife's side of our family is Japanese, and we had a mixed-tradition ceremony with Japanese elements like a change of clothes and a "kagami-biraki" sake drum. Elizabeth did a wonderful job of capturing all of these moments as well as the personality and celebratory spirit of the event.
Wedding: 05/28/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elizabeth was the most amazing photographer I could have asked for! I came across her randomly on this website and she was the first and only photographer I met with. I could not have been happier with the photos from my wedding - for someone who is usually completely unphotogenic, Elizabeth captured how beautiful I felt.

I was also thrilled that she managed to take such unique and non-"cookie cutter" photos. She would take our picture in unlikely places in New York where I couldn't envision how the picture would turn out, but they were amazing. She has such a good eye for how to make a wedding picture both beautiful and also interesting.

Finally, I have to say how genuine and sweet Elizabeth was - I only spoke with her a few times before my wedding but I felt like she truly cared about making my pictures special and she felt like a friend by the time the day was over. Wedding pictures can be a little funny if you aren't used to being photographer, but she made sure to quickly put me at ease so I could look my best.

Highly recommend!
Wedding: 05/14/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elizabeth Solaka photographed my wedding at the New York Botanical Garden and I cannot sing enough praises of her creative talent, professionalism and personal approach. My (now) husband and I immediately felt comfortable with her and never felt as if we were being “sold”—a common occurrence in the “business” of weddings. She was willing to be flexible with her photography packages to accommodate our budget and never compromised on quality. On the day of the wedding, Elizabeth knew instinctively how to direct my family for the best pictures, but also when to step back to capture many special spontaneous moments. Elizabeth’s turn-around with getting the pictures back to us was nothing short of astonishing (and there were more than 2,000 images!) and her eye for personal and beautiful moments has made reviewing the photos so much fun. I cannot recommend her highly enough!
Wedding: 06/14/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
As an English girl getting married in NYC finding vendors for my wedding was quite daunting, but I saw Elizabeth's art work and completely fell in love with it. She didn't let me down. Her photos were beautiful. We worked together to make sure
we got just the right feel to the day. The photos are stunning. I would highly recommend Elizabeth.
Wedding: 04/23/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elizabeth is a wonderful photographer with amazing professional skills. Her knowledge in the field enabled her to capture perfect pictures of us and the moments of our wedding day,we found her through our friends and we were assured our choice was right. She came very early on the venue, managed to do all the chores so there was nothing we had to worry about. The photographing session was enjoyable and we felt never bored. The photos came out very romantic and whenever my friends looked at it, they would glow with wonder and surprises.
Wedding: 01/14/2010