Mexico Rabbi

Mexico Rabbi

Destination Weddings, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Cere...
Religious affliliations: Jewish
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Let me just say that Rabbi Stephen Spiegel turned my wedding ceremony into the highlight of the night. Not only did all my guest were moved by the way he handled the ceremony but my husband and I were beyond touched with all the wisdom and kind words he shared with everyone there. the whole process with him was amazing but words can't express how amazing my wedding was because of him and the way he managed to make it so ourselves. Will never be able to thank him enough for being able to make 2 completely different families come together in one belief: LOVE!

Mexico Rabbi responded with the following comments:

I assure you, the pleasure was, indeed, mine. Mazel tov, again!!!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Spiegel was the ideal rabbi! When we went to Mexico in Dec '13 to see the wedding venue six months prior to the wedding, we made a point to meet our vendors face to face, and we're glad we did. Email is nice, skype is great, but nothing beats a handshake. We contacted the rabbi and he came to our hotel for an introductory meeting. We sat and chatted up in the lobby - didn't even have to go anywhere, quite convenient. He told us about himself, we told him our life story - by the end of the meet, between his warmth and professionalism, it is as if we have known him our entire lives; a close family friend, if you will.

We then went on to customize our ceremony, adding little personal touches here and there but, with his continued guidance, keeping major aspects of tradition - all in all, exactly like we had envisioned it.

He was always professional and cordial, always quick to respond to emails and skype requests with any questions we may have had.

We would certainly and highly recommend Stephen Spiegel to anyone looking for Jewish officiating services.

• Wedding: 06/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Let me be yet another bride that adds a glowing review for this wonderful man/rabbi. Planning a wedding - especially one of an inter-faith kind can be stressful and I often found myself wondering how I was going to please everyone - most importantly myself and my non-Jewish husband. From the minute I had my first conversation with Rabbi Steve, my worries to put to rest. By the end of the conversation - I felt like I had been talking to my own dad. He is personable, funny, caring and smart. He assured me I would have the wedding of my dreams and I did. When booking a rabbi in another country, you worry about what/who will show up that day - but Rabbi Steve makes such a professional and lovely appearance. He is professional, prepared and made every guest at my wedding feel a part of the special day. But mostly, he made me and my husband feel like we were the two most important people in the world and he delivered on every promise made. This is a special man and I am thrilled to have had the pleasure of working with him!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We knew from the very beginning that we wanted a destination wedding, but we knew that would come with obstacles. We did not have the luxury of visiting our resort before our wedding, so a majority of our planning was done over the phone. We did not know what to expect from the rabbi either. But after our first phone conversation with Rabbi Spiegal, we knew we made the right decision. Immediately, my husband and I felt at ease as we spoke to the rabbi. I am not Jewish, and I was afraid that my choice to not convert would hurt our chances of getting married by a rabbi in Mexico. This was not the case. The rabbi explained that he would be more than happy to conduct the ceremony, joining 2 people of different faiths in marriage. He also offered us the choice to add (or detract) elements of the Jewish ceremony to our liking. As he put it, “have it your way.” He even agreed to add elements of a Christian mass to a certain degree. My parents and I could not have been more pleased. Several months before the wedding, we scheduled a few hours each week to talk to the rabbi. This was considered our “marriage counseling.” Instead of using the phone, these meetings were conducted over Skype. We talked about topics related to the ceremony, as well as marriage issues, but what we enjoyed most about our discussions was the rabbi’s assurance that he would always be there for us. Years down the line, if we needed him, he would be there. The day of the ceremony was unforgettable. This is partly due to the beautiful, personalized ceremony the rabbi designed specifically for us! He made us laugh and cry. He explained the traditions for my non-Jewish guests. Later that night, guests came up to us and commented that our ceremony was so intimate and beautiful.
Rabbi Spiegal made our wedding day so special. If you have the opportunity to work with Rabbi Spiegal, consider yourself very lucky to work with such a wonderful rabbi. He truly has your best interests at heart.

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
Anne
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Having Rabbi Steve as officiant at our wedding brought me peace, happiness and contentment. He was able to make my interfaith wedding comfortable enjoyable and warm. He explained all of our Jewish traditions in such a beautiful way to our guests. Though his suggestions of various ways to conduct our ceremony we were able to satisfy both myself and my husband. As a Jew it was important to me that the ceremony had strong Jewish ties but as my husband was not Jewish I did believe it should be a full Jewish wedding. So Rabbi Steve worked with me to build a beautiful meaningful ceremony that I think touched all involved. As we plan to bring my future children up Jewish I was also grateful that Rabbi Steve embraced my husband in such a warm and welcome way that my husband can feel a little closer to the religion and a little more accepted into that part of my life. I cant thank Rabbi Steve enough and if you are lucky enough to have him officiate for you - Mazal Tov!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi speigel is great ! Highly recommend him :-).

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
Maxine
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Spiegel was excellent and a pleasure to work with. He was easy to get in touch with and was in constant contact with the wedding planner so I had no worries. I would definitely recommend him and he made our event very special.

• Wedding: 07/04/2013
helen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Steve was wonderful to work with. we contacted him on short notice and he was still able to help us and make our wedding ceremony wonderful and personal. We felt like we have known him all of our lives and he made it so easy for us. I highly recommend Rabbi Steve if you are planning a wedding in Mexico.

• Wedding: 07/01/2013
phyllis
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had such a wonderful experience with Rabbi Steve. He was extremely professional and easy to work with, was accomodating to our schedules, and always made time to confer with us at our convenience via phone conference. It was difficult planning a desitnation wedding from so far away, but he was one piece of the planning process that gave us virtually no stress. He also did an excellent job explaining every step of our Jewish wedding ceremony for our non-Jewish guests, making sure that they understood what was going on and felt included.

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
Courtney
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Steve made our day a huge success! My husband and I decided on a destination wedding in Key West. We had a bit of a stressful situation with the local Rabbi dropping out last minute. Since I am Jewish and my husband is not, there are some Rabbi's who disagree with interfaith marriage. Our goal was a semi traditional Jewish Wedding, as my faith is very important to me. Our wedding party was only 20% Jewish and Rabbi Steve did the most amazing job explaining the traditions we chose to use in our ceremony. He was a pleasure to listen to and the audience really enjoyed the ceremony. It was like I had know the Rabbi my entire life, although we had only communicated via phone and email prior to. The Rabbi is very involved and helpful leading up to the wedding and allows every couple to make their own traditions!

• Wedding: 01/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great experience that will be remembered forever!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Steven Spiegel was our officiant at Moon Palace in Cancun. He was outstanding, very personable, and we communicated via skype many times before we met in Cancun. He listened to our specific requests and beliefs and truly shows he cares about his work. He actually brought me to tears at the ceremony with the unscripted kind words he said. We invited him and his wife Annette to stay for the reception and they were so grateful. The ceremony was my favorite part of the entire wedding day. Rabbi Steve was an important part of our wedding and I am so grateful we were connected with him and that he was our Rabbi. He is an excellent choice for any event and you will not be disappointed!

• Wedding: 09/16/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

He did a wonderful service! He is Awesome!!!

• Wedding: 12/17/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Spiegel was wonderful to work with and truly made our wedding ceremony extra special. He worked with a local minister to help us create a unique interfaith wedding and everything went off without a hitch. All of our guests were touched with his anecdotes and interpretations of each tradition.

We were especially touched by how Rabbi Spiegel got to know us before the wedding. Planning a destination wedding can be difficult and it meant a lot to us that he wanted to get to know us before our wedding day. It also really helped make the ceremony feel personal.

I would highly recommend working with Rabbi Spiegel for any wedding!

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
Julie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not have done it without Rabbi Steve! He was wonderful to work with. Very flexible and made sure that he helped us to have the wedding of our dreams! He is very knowledgable, professional and answered all of our questions. He made sure to get to know us as individuals as well as a couple which made all the difference in the world for our destination wedding.

If you are having a Mexico wedding, we highly recommend Rabbi Steve as your officiant!!

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
Danielle
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Steve was SO wonderful! I would recommend him to anyone who does a destination wedding/bar or bat-mitzvah or other service requiring his use. He really did a great job of tying in our story with our religion. He was exceedingly accommodating, met with us the day before the wedding and made sure the hotel accommodated us completely. Our parents were thrilled with him and we got rave reviews from our wedding guests as well!

Anonymous
888-593-8486
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards