Metzger Studios

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

When you get married it's easy to get overwhelmed. There's a lot to do, too many vendors to choose from, and (what seems like) a small window to get them booked for your dream date. For my groom and I, choosing Scott Metzger was the easiest hire of them all. He was recommended by a family friend whose photos blew us away and we were not disappointed in his work for our wedding. What we loved most about Scott was that we saw he combines traditional photography with artistic/creative and that blend allows for memorable photos that stand out among the rest. His angles, ideas, and quality far exceed those of his competitors and we couldn't believe some of the moments he was able to capture most especially because we did not feel like he was "in the way." Scott and his partner were polite and it never felt like a photoshoot. Thanks to Scott, we have moments that we might have otherwise missed and interactions that were briefly forgotten in the commotion of the day. If you want to have your big day captured by the best where each photo tells a story, hire Scott. You won't be disappointed - we certainly weren't!

Private User
Recently Married

Scott truly captured our day through the photos he took. I am very happy with all of his work! He catered to the pictures we wanted to take but also through in some of his own ideas and all the photos came out beautiful. I thought his value for his work was excellent.

Services Used: Photography

There are a few reason why we chose Scott for our wedding. One was his creative approach to getting any shot, Jess and I loved that about his work. The other was how easy he is to work with. Scott is extremely responsive to emails and phone calls and will get back to you regardless of how far out from your wedding date you may be.

Scott was an easy decision to make for our special day. He is the consummate professional, while making you feel at ease and having fun in the process. Photography aside for a moment, one thing Scott brings to the table from a business perspective is value. We feel for the money we spent we would have not had the same experience with anyone else. We had an engagement shoot included in our package as well as a leather album included. Scott's contract stated that he was to be onsite for 8 hours. Well that did not happen, it was more like a 12 hour day for him. Scott and the other photographer, Katherine, were there for the entire day capturing all the special moments and then some. Scott put in more time with us than we both expected and far exceeded our expectations with his commitment and his photography.

Scott called me the morning of the wedding saying he had just scouted out the beach where our ceremony would be and had a lot of great ideas for pictures. This was at about 11AM and the ceremony was not until 3:30PM.

He truly does care about his work and his clients. His turn around time is great. The day after the wedding he had already sent us a couple of photos for a preview. By mid week we had a slide show of his favorite shots (about 70 images) and by the following week we had all our photos to choose for our album.

Jess and I could not have made a better decision to have for our photographer and we would highly recommend Metzger Studios and Scott to shoot your special day. If you stumble across this review in your search you can stop right now and just call Scott. You will be glad you did.

Services Used: Photography

We cannot say enough about the positive experience with Scott. From the beginning, we just felt like we were working with a close friend or family. He is easy going, helpful, responsive and thorough.

Many guests, including our wedding party, expressed how great Scott was with all of our photos. He was able to organize all photos we wanted quickly and efficiently. He also brought an energy and humor that got everyone to look natural and not posed.

Scott has a special eye for capturing moments and it shows in our wedding photography. He also has a very artistic approach to taking pictures which is evident from his portfolio. We love our wedding photos and strongly recommend Scott for all your photography needs.

Services Used: Photography

Scott Metzger is a true professional and an amazing photographer/photo journalist! Everyone that has seen my wedding pictures comments on how amazing the pictures look. The pictures are so good that we still have no idea how we will ever narrow down the pictures to make a wedding album. Scott is extremely unobtrusive during the wedding but seems to find a way to capture every moment perfectly. My husband and I could feel the emotions and joy in the room through each picture. In addition, Scott got us the picture proofs very soon after the wedding and even sent a print one of his favorite pictures to my husband and I, along with our parents, as a gift. I would recommend Scott Metzger to anyone looking for a photographer!

Services Used: Photography

Scott is an amazing photographer! We felt comfortable immediately during our initial meeting - he knows what he is talking about, has the goods to back it up, and he is immensely talented. Our venue had very dim lighting, and our wedding was held after dark in the winter - all very hard scenarios to shoot in, but Scott turned out some amazing photos and all the lighting is spot on. The color is gorgeous and rich and each photo is so creative and his love for his work and talent are evident. We couldn't be happier that we chose Scott to shoot such an important event!

Having a second photographer was absolutely key - it allowed Scott to spend time shooting me getting ready, as well as my bridal portraits, while Catherine did the same with my husband. So many wedding photos leave out the groom getting ready and we would have been so disappointed to miss out. During the formal photos he was charismatic, laid back and good at corralling a lot of people during a hectic time with a lot going on. Being January, it was absolutely freezing outside - and he was completely game to get lots of great shots, while making sure everyone was comfortable. (although I have no idea how he was able to work the camera - my hands were absolutely numb!)

I've been to weddings where the photographers are in the way - which is distracting, especially during the ceremony when all you see is a photographer on the floor and the sounds of cameras clicking away. But Scott was practically invisible. In fact, I was slightly anxious to see the final photos because I was worried that we had missed a lot of shots! However, when we saw the proofs my worries disappeared. He was somehow everywhere and got amazing shots of the ceremony! The whole night, he was completely unobtrusive, yet omnipresent. He even wore tuxedo pants, shoes and shirt to blend in even more, which was unnecessary, but I thought it was such a nice touch. Go with Scott, it was one of the best decisions we made!

Services Used: Photography

Scott was the first vendor we booked. We actually booked Scott before we even had our venue booked. I have been lucky enough to be part of a number of bridal parties, and Scott has been the photographer at some of those weddings. Over the years I have been able to compare his work with other photographers.

Here are the reasons why I would recommend Scott:
- He is very friendly and easy to talk to
- He is punctual, and will help keep you punctual as well
- He is able to work through tough situations. If family members are being difficult, something on your dress broke, or kids aren't smiling he will figure out a way to make it work.
- If you order an album, he will help you pick pictures for the album (this is something I had a difficult time doing and Scott was able to pick the perfect pictures in no time at all)
- He will do what it takes to get a shot - he was lying in the snow for us to get some of our pictures
- Probably the most important reason - Scott usually sends his couples 1 edited image within a few days after the wedding. Within a few weeks of the wedding he sends you a slideshow set to music of about 40-60 images. Shortly after that he will send the couple a link to all of the images. Usually within a month (maybe a little longer if it is a busy time of year), the couple is able to view all of their pictures. I have been involved in many weddings where the couple has only seen a few "teaser" pictures 6 months after their wedding, and usually their photographs don't even come close to matching what Scott is able to capture.

The only thing about Scott that I don't agree with is that he is a Yankees fan. As punishment, we made him take pictures of us in our Red Sox jackets.

I highly recommend Scott. I have recommended him to others, and will continue to do so as long as he is in business.

1 person found this review helpful

We had a great experience working with Scott from our first meeting to when we received our finished Wedding album. With our first meeting Scott showed us how dedicated he is to his work and making your wedding day special through his photography. Through the whole wedding planning process I was able to keep a open dialogue with Scott about any questions and concerns that came up along the way. We did an engagement session the May prior to our wedding which really helped us get comfortable with having our picture taken when our actually wedding day arrived. When saw our wedding photos they were absolutely breath taking and we owe it all to Scott's artistic eye and energetic personality the day of the wedding making sure we got every picture we wanted. I can't say enough on how happy we are with all of our wedding photos.

Services Used: Photography

I would highly recommend Scott at Metzger Studio to anyone and everyone! He is amazingly talented and so easy to work with. From the day we met Scott it was smooth sailing. From engagement pictures to the big day we couldn't have been more Impressed. His pictures really are a work of art that captured our day perfectly. If you are looking for quality photography look no further!!

Services Used: Photography

We could not be more happy with our wedding photographer! Scott keeps everyone on track and is a straight shooter! He gets in amazing shots without making you miss too much of your big day. Our formal photos were actually fun! Everyone was laughing and having a great time. We have only seen a preview of our wedding photos, but they are absolutely amazing! He is truly an artist. He captured the emotion of the day through his photography. There is a shot of my father hugging me after our father/daughter dance and just looking at the picture brings me to tears! Also there are so many unique, and creative shots from my wedding gown hanging from a tree in a rustic setting to a picture of me getting my make up done shot through the esthetician's glasses. If you want beautiful and creative wedding photography Scott Metzger is definitely your guy!

Services Used: Photography

If you're looking for a wedding photographer look no further. Scott and his crew are the absolute best! They're very professional and creative! And the wedding photo album came out amazing! The picture quality, clarity, and vibrant colors are breathtaking! I highly recommend using Metzger Studios as your photographer!

Shawn
08/17/2014

My wife and I honestly can’t express enough about how thrilled we are about our entire experience with having Scott photograph our wedding. Scott has a true gift of capturing timeless photos with emotion and beauty through his unique perspectives and creativity.
Scott is extremely professional, resourceful, and so easy to work with. He welcomed any ideas we had for photos we wanted, but overall… our best advice would be to “Let him just do His Thing”, you will not be disappointed! On the day of our wedding, he was really excited to be photographing our “Big Day” and there was nothing he nor his assistant, missed; from the candid shots and speeches, right down to the small detailed shots… He was prepared for everything!
Shortly after our wedding we received a beautiful slideshow preview of a selection of our photos set to music, followed by all the proofs not much longer afterwards.
The amount of compliments I’ve been receiving on our wedding photos have been endless. EVERYONE that has seen our wedding album is in absolute awe! I know we will love looking at these pictures for many years to come.

All we can say is "Thank you!" and that I would recommend Scott to absolutely everyone!!

Services Used: Photography

Scott and his assistant were incredible!! They got some amazing shots and were so easy to work with. From the first e-mail to the last Scott was very prompt and explained the whole process. Friends, family and co-workers were raving about the proofs and the sneak peek of pictures we got about a week after the wedding. I would absolutely reccomend Scott to anyone!

Services Used: Photography

Scott is amazing! I really cannot say enough great things about him. I reviewed a lot of photographer portfolios before choosing to go with him so I knew I loved his style and that he created fantastic photos. Working with him; however, took it to a whole new level. He is a professional in every sense of the word and he has an eye for creating editorial shots that makes my wedding photos different from any other others I have ever seen! My memories of my day are that much more wonderful because of the images he captured!

Private User
Recently Married

Scott was fantastic to work with and took amazing photos. My husband and I were fortunate to have Scott take both our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. We were thrilled with the way they turned out! I tend to be a bit awkward when photos are being taken or if I feel center stage, but Scott did a fantastic job making me feel comfortable. He was extremely professional throughout every interaction and happily helped bring our ideas to life. We were thrilled with how quickly he was able to send us a highlight slideshow and our online proofs!

Amy
07/19/2014

Scott was professional, creative, and fun to work with - which gave us the creative/photojournalistic style pictures that we wanted! We were thrilled when we received the first sample of our photos and even more so when we saw the entire set of proofs. The only bad thing for us will be trying to cull down the photos to pick the a limited number for our album. Working with Scott was an easy and seamless process, he was responsive, gave great suggestions/direction, and spent the time to scout out our location to make sure we had the best shots possible on our wedding day. He would see/take pictures using different lighting and reflections that I would not have thought of, and they ended up being some of our favorite shots! Our wedding guests were impressed with how engaged he was in the wedding and kept telling us what a great guy our photographer was. I would highly recommend Scott for anyone needed wedding (or other) photography and hope to go back to him myself in the future!